I can't find a hole in this theory...

KoldKase,

Exactly!

Fibers from the parents are to be found on JonBenet. Patsy's at various locations and John's on JonBenet's crotch. Claiming secondary transfer for that is absolute nonsense. The evidence is simply being tailored to fit the theory.

You keep misunderstanding, and I'm not sure why. No one is saying that it was secondary transfer. We are saying there is no way to tell. It could be primary, or it could be secondary. With no way to tell, PR's fiber evidence is inconclusive.

Again I'll ask you if you know of a way to determine whether the fibers were transferred by primary or secondary contact, please share that with us.

The evidence is not being tailored. We are simply pointing out that the red jacket fibers are inconclusive.

Then there is the requirement for John to make a ransom demand phone call. How does he get a pass to leave the house in the first place, never mind be alone if he did, surely LEA would want to monitor him?

Of course LEA would wiretap the call, if JR ever thought this one through, he would have recognized immediately that it would fall down at this point. Bear in mind wiretapping would convey the location of the phone booth, and likely lead to JR being arrested on the spot. Epic Fail!

So to the ransom note and its many incarnations, all left behind, this does not sound like John, he is more methodical than that.

Then there is the size-12's. If Patsy is ignorant about the size-12's, why is she covering for John by fabricating stories about placing the size-12's into JonBenet's underwear drawer, yet when LEA look into the drawer, there are no size-12's to be seen?

Its an interesting theory, and no doubt JR probably thought about something similar. Relocating JonBenet outdoors would have lent the abduction theory so much more credibility.

For me it has far too many holes, it requires patches and provisos alike secondary transfer, or LEA allowing JR to wander the streets.

When its manifestly obvious that the R's cobbled the wine-cellar crime-scene together fairly quickly, dumping JonBenet and other evidence in there, out of sight.

They expected JonBenet to be found reasonably quickly. And they likely were simply going to wing it, play it by ear, with the help of their legal team, and whatever else money could buy. They patently never anticipated the incompetence of the BPD, and Det. Arndt asking JR to search for JonBenet!

If you follow JR's public comments on the case you can see, by stepwise refinement, as he goes from an inside job to slowly constructing an intruder, a message he obviously conveyed to Lou Smit. Who then presented the media with a psychotic pedophile who had a fetish for Erotic Asphyxiation, e.g. justifying the garrote.

KoldKase,

Exactly!

Fibers from the parents are to be found on JonBenet. Patsy's at various locations and John's on JonBenet's crotch. Claiming secondary transfer for that is absolute nonsense. The evidence is simply being tailored to fit the theory.

You keep misunderstanding, and I'm not sure why. No one is saying that it was secondary transfer. We are saying there is no way to tell. It could be primary, or it could be secondary. With no way to tell, PR's fiber evidence is inconclusive.

Again I'll ask you if you know of a way to determine whether the fibers were transferred by primary or secondary contact, please share that with us.

The evidence is not being tailored. We are simply pointing out that the red jacket fibers are inconclusive.

Then there is the requirement for John to make a ransom demand phone call. How does he get a pass to leave the house in the first place, never mind be alone if he did, surely LEA would want to monitor him?

Of course LEA would wiretap the call, if JR ever thought this one through, he would have recognized immediately that it would fall down at this point. Bear in mind wiretapping would convey the location of the phone booth, and likely lead to JR being arrested on the spot. Epic Fail!

So to the ransom note and its many incarnations, all left behind, this does not sound like John, he is more methodical than that.

Then there is the size-12's. If Patsy is ignorant about the size-12's, why is she covering for John by fabricating stories about placing the size-12's into JonBenet's underwear drawer, yet when LEA look into the drawer, there are no size-12's to be seen?

Its an interesting theory, and no doubt JR probably thought about something similar. Relocating JonBenet outdoors would have lent the abduction theory so much more credibility.

For me it has far too many holes, it requires patches and provisos alike secondary transfer, or LEA allowing JR to wander the streets.

When its manifestly obvious that the R's cobbled the wine-cellar crime-scene together fairly quickly, dumping JonBenet and other evidence in there, out of sight.

They expected JonBenet to be found reasonably quickly. And they likely were simply going to wing it, play it by ear, with the help of their legal team, and whatever else money could buy. They patently never anticipated the incompetence of the BPD, and Det. Arndt asking JR to search for JonBenet!

If you follow JR's public comments on the case you can see, by stepwise refinement, as he goes from an inside job to slowly constructing an intruder, a message he obviously conveyed to Lou Smit. Who then presented the media with a psychotic pedophile who had a fetish for Erotic Asphyxiation, e.g. justifying the garrote.

KoldKase,

Exactly!

You keep misunderstanding. We are not saying it was secondary transfer. We are saying there is no way to tell. It could be primary, it could be secondary. It's inconclusive.

If you know a way to tell primary from secondary please share it with us.

DocG,

Been looking over your Solving JonBenet blog this afternoon, and reviewing discussion comments between you and other posters...

Numerous times you mention that Burke was 'frail'. From all accounts of his activities, and known injuries to JonBenet before, it doesn't seem that this is the case.

He was in basketball, golf, boyscouts, sailing, baseball, bikeriding... he was in a lot of activities that require rigorous outdoor activities. Even now he is a pilot.

He may have been thin and lanky, but there is no indication of him being 'frail'.

He was also a bit taller than JonBenet, and had also injured her previously.

Even if he had behavior and/or autism, anger, or any other associated issues, that doesn't mean he was 'frail'. I think this statement is misleading.

Again.... I very seriously consider your theory, but I am not committed to any one theory, so I look for questions in all theories, and consider all to be possible... So I'm not trying to be combative, but some things you mention do stand out to me and don't seem entirely correct....

Additionally, I don't think it's fair to downplay the possibility of sibling molestation or sexual abuse. Just because Burke may not have been sexually mature, does not make him incapable by any means..... it's a fact that child-on-child sex abuse is not only real, but in child sex abuse cases, a large number of the perpetrators are proven to be other children. Based on this fact, it is not wise to discount and scoff at the brother as the possible molester, just because we might ask, 'who would be most likely'.... (In a previous thread I linked to several cases of child rape and abuse by kids as young as 7, 9, 12....)... and the statistics of child sex abuse...
(I know you said Kolar found enough info to substantiate his theory, but to scoff at real facts about child sex abuse, again, I don't think is fair. Facts are facts - those statistics and cases are not just 'speculation').

Also, you mention that Burke had no previous history of violence... but he did have history of violence against JonBenet previously... but if you're going to make that statement about Burke, then can't you make that same statement about John? What is his previous history of violence?

Also, you mentioned that Patsy knew nothing about knots, but she actually did macrame and was very creative and crafty, and the fact is, they all 3 knew about knots....

One more thing, you stated that we should not speculate on certain things that we just can't tell from evidence, and is pure conjecture and made up theories - although you worded it a little differently, but then to fill in gaps on things you aren't sure of in your theory, you mention that you are just speculating yourself.

If it's ok for you to speculate, why can't we?

Again, I am not trying to be combative, just pointing out things that cause me to pause when trying to consider your theory, etc...

I actually do consider your theory and am not scoffing at it...but since we are discussing it in detail as of late, I thought I'd go ahead and comment on these concerns....

Also, I wonder why Patsy's story should ever change about anything of the events that morning, if she is totally clueless? Shouldn't her story - the events as they happened from her perspective, never change? Yet she is caught in numerous lies - JonBenet wore the red shirt to bed, no the other shirt.... numerous things changed over time in her stories, as well as his.... I guess you're saying he 'got' to her, and for whatever reason, changed her story according to what he convinced her?

And if Patsy did lie to protect John, then why would he need a ransom note to convince her to help protect him in the first place? Couldn't he have woken her up and told her a story of an accident and convinced her the same way as well? -- Especially since he's written the note in his handwriting and risking her realizing that it is his handwriting, even if he did try to disguise it?

Just wondering....

For those who claim that the handwriting is clearly PR's...

As a kind of "parlor trick" when I was a kid, I used to copy people's handwriting on the spot. All I needed to do was look at someone's handwriting and I could mimic it almost flawlessly.

It is very possible that in disguising his handwriting, JR unconsciously "recreated" some of PR's handwriting. After all, he was trying to create handwriting that DID NOT LOOK LIKE HIS. To do that you have to have an idea of what someone else's handwriting looks like. The person whose handwriting he'd be most familiar with is PR's...

In fact if you look at docg's site, you could argue that the handwriting on the RN is an interesting mix of JR and PR's handwriting styles at different times...

For those who feel that PR's "over the top" personality is indicated in the RN, I would only say that even if you see her "psychological fingerprint" on the note, keep in mind that JR was married to PR and might have "picked up" her over-the-topness the way couples pick up each other's traits...

If you believe PR was involved in the cover-up, suddenly there is a whole host of problems that literally cannot be gotten around. DocG's theory is the only one that actually makes sense. All you need is to open up your understanding of human psychology a little bit and it all fits together...

So...did YOU write the note? (kidding)

Nobody makes a Q like Patsy. Nobody. I'm not talking about copying her style, I am talking about freehand.

Your logic escapes me, sorry. They stage a phoney kidnapping so they can report a missing person? What did that achieve? They give the police a 2 1/2 page note in Patsy's handwriting so they can buy time? -- for what? Why would Patsy want to provide evidence of her own guilt to the police? They must have known the body would be found sooner or later so what would be the point of delaying the inevitable? And what sort of abduction scenario would this be if there was no way of getting the body out of the house?

docg,
Your logic escapes me, sorry.
Its very simple really.

Option 1: Leave JonBenet in her bedroom and report an assault.

Option 2: Stage an Abduction.

Option 2 allows the R's to remove forensic evidence, stage JonBenet in other clothes, then report her missing.

My logic might escape you, but it is actually what the R's did.

They must have known the body would be found sooner or later so what would be the point of delaying the inevitable?
Of course they knew, thats why option 2 is superior.

And what sort of abduction scenario would this be if there was no way of getting the body out of the house?
This is why its called crime-scene staging.

The R's rolled the dice in playing the forensic evidence game, its all they could do. They staged a fake crime-scene and took it from there.

docG,

I'm wondering about something -

When JR brought the body up from the basement, why didn't PR immediately know there was no kidnapping, no intruder?

Ok, I can see she was distraught at the death and probably not considering the inconsistency, but how long could it have taken her to realize that it had to be an inside job?

Your logic escapes me, sorry. They stage a phoney kidnapping so they can report a missing person? What did that achieve? They give the police a 2 1/2 page note in Patsy's handwriting so they can buy time? -- for what? Why would Patsy want to provide evidence of her own guilt to the police? They must have known the body would be found sooner or later so what would be the point of delaying the inevitable? And what sort of abduction scenario would this be if there was no way of getting the body out of the house?

It is the opposite. They make a phony missing person's report because they have staged a phony kidnapping. They staged a phony kidnapping to cover for an unintended death. The death, though unintended, was not accidental, as the head bash was deliberate. It was likely meant to silence her, not to kill her, though it did. Patsy denied the note was in her handwriting, though she was the ONLY one of all who were tested, that could NOT be ruled out as the author.
Patsy wasn't trying to provide evidence of her own guilt to protect her son or for any other reason. She was not TRYING to provide evidence of her own guilt at all. The whole crime scene, including the note, was meant to provide evidence of an INTRUDER. The note also tried to throw blame in as many directions as possible without getting too specific. The "Small foreign faction" signified terrorists, the references to JR's "bussiness", the bonus amount asked for as ransom signified a disgruntled employee or business associate, and JR told Det, Arndt as the FIRST thing he said when he put JB's corpse on the floor was that it was an "inside job", pointing to so many people - LHP was one, later he'd point it at FW (when FW started figuring it out) and he also threw a former employee JM under the bus early too.
Fortunately, NONE of these people could be linked to the crime at ALL in any way. You see- if the note or the Rs actually pointed TOO specifically (as they dod with LHP and JM) when LE looked at these people they were soon eliminated. It also opened them up to lawsuits. I know LHP filed or planned to file one- she wasn't able to get another job, and her daughter was harassed in school.

docG,

I'm wondering about something -

When JR brought the body up from the basement, why didn't PR immediately know there was no kidnapping, no intruder?

Ok, I can see she was distraught at the death and probably not considering the inconsistency, but how long could it have taken her to realize that it had to be an inside job?

Of course she knew. She was there when it happened. It really was an inside job.
Why would you feel Patsy didn't know there was no kidnapping? BOTH parents knew she was dead in the basement and not kidnapped at all.
That's why they never noticed that the time for the "phone call" came and went - but the police noticed their lack of concern.
The FBI knew also. While they didn't know she was in the wineceller (thanks to Officer French) they DID say to police at the house right away that morning "you're going to be finding her body". After observing the parents and reading the note they knew right away the parents were involved in some way and that she was dead.

None of us can be PROVED right or wrong until the case is solved publicly. To make a challenge like that- to "prove me wrong" is not what we are about here. However, what we do here is comment on each other's theories and how they differ from our own and try to poke holes where we see them. We ALL have different theories- even among RDI. Obviously we are going to disagree with each other.
But the way I like to look at it is: SOME of us are RIGHT! Frankly, if and when this case is solved, I won't care at all whether I am right or wrong. I will just e happy to see it solved. REALLY solved- not "John Mark Karr-solved". What a farce that was.
I truly hope I will be wrong. It makes me sick to think that the last person she was with, the last face JB looked at was the face of someone she loved. (of course, they couldn't even look at her face, they turned her on her stomach to make that ligature).

If JR made up the story about breaking the window that summer, meaning he broke it that night to stage the intruder entrance, where was the glass from the window in the basement when the cops got there, when White twice looked for it that day around the suitcase?

I don't think even Patsy and John tried to convince LE the intruder vacuumed.

So...did YOU write the note? (kidding)

Nobody makes a Q like Patsy. Nobody. I'm not talking about copying her style, I am talking about freehand.

If "nobody makes a Q like Patsy" then why did so many handwriting experts rule her out as RN author?

The fact is, the pseudoscience of handwriting analysis should be left out of people's theories.

If JR made up the story about breaking the window that summer, meaning he broke it that night to stage the intruder entrance, where was the glass from the window in the basement when the cops got there, when White twice looked for it that day around the suitcase?

I don't think even Patsy and John tried to convince LE the intruder vacuumed.

Some glass WAS found I thought. Are we instead to believe that JR broke the glass the summer before and it was neither repaired nor fully cleaned up?

Of course she knew. She was there when it happened. It really was an inside job.
Why would you feel Patsy didn't know there was no kidnapping? BOTH parents knew she was dead in the basement and not kidnapped at all.
That's why they never noticed that the time for the "phone call" came and went - but the police noticed their lack of concern.
The FBI knew also. While they didn't know she was in the wineceller (thanks to Officer French) they DID say to police at the house right away that morning "you're going to be finding her body". After observing the parents and reading the note they knew right away the parents were involved in some way and that she was dead.

DeeDee, Chris is asking DocG this question in reference to his theory about the crime... Supposing DocG is correct, and Patsy supposedly wasn't a part of the crime, according to DocG's theory, Chris is asking him to account for what he thinks Patsy thought when the body was brought up, if she supposedly didn't know - did DocG think she suspected it was still an intruder once she saw the body....

Some glass WAS found I thought. Are we instead to believe that JR broke the glass the summer before and it was neither repaired nor fully cleaned up?

A shard on the window sill & a pebble-sized piece of glass White picked up. Not nearly enough to complete the pane which was broken.

When questioned about this by LE, Patsy made a big deal out of her and the maid cleaning that glass up after John broke the window that summer. She talked about how the children played down there, etc. John even commented on it.

Well it sounds like you also have a theory of your own, which you should probably write up somewhere (if you haven't already) in more detail. As it's presented here I just find it very confusing. Sure Patsy would not have wanted to provide evidence of her own guilt. But if she'd written the note, then by handing it over to the police, then that's what she would have done. And sorry but I see no reason why she would do that.

It was actually JR who gave them the note. I don't think Patsy thought they would try to link her to the note in the first place.

DeeDee, Chris is asking DocG this question in reference to his theory about the crime... Supposing DocG is correct, and Patsy supposedly wasn't a part of the crime, according to DocG's theory, Chris is asking him to account for what he thinks Patsy thought when the body was brought up, if she supposedly didn't know - did DocG think she suspected it was still an intruder once she saw the body....

I guess his is a JDI only with Patsy not involved? If Patsy was truly unaware (which I obviously don't believe) I'd have to say she probably did think so, unless BR had been caught with JB in "play" that may have been more rough than previously thought. Patsy was observed "crying" through splayed fingers by LE at the scene before the body was found. There are just so many things that point to her knowing that I have a hard time imagining her not having been.

I was recently viewing an old TV interview with Arndt. In it, Arndt states after John brought the body up, when the kidnap party members were all looking to see what the shouting was about, Patsy was still back in the sunroom.

Then Arndt heard Patsy wail. Arndt said it was the saddest thing she'd ever heard.

Patsy knew before she even got out of that chair her daughter was dead. She didn't run to see what was going on. She didn't try to revive JonBenet when she finally got up and went to the body.

She accepted it. Period.

Of course I have never been in that situation, but I have been in crisis situations with children and adults who have accidents, etc., and I can say this much: I'd have been on my knees trying for all I was worth to bring her back. And I don't mean through Lazarus. CPR. Call 911. Call and ambulance. Do something.

So far as I've ever seen or heard in 15+ years, neither John nor Patsy even asked what had happened to her. Didn't even look over her body to figure out if there was anything that could be done or how she'd died.

Sorry, I'm not believing Patsy Ramsey, Miss Take Over and In Charge, acted like that if she had no idea her child was dead when JonBenet "suddenly" was found out of the blue in the basement and brought up.

Where indeed? Are you telling me you believe his story? Are you telling me neither he nor Patsy could recall whether their basement window had been repaired over the last six months? Even in the month of December, when the cold winds blow and the temperature goes below freezing? Are you telling me you think he actually took off his pants and jacket and possibly his shirt to climb down that well, but couldn't recall exactly how he did it or even if he broke the window with his shoe or some other way? Are you telling me he had no way to contact any of the many people who had keys to his house, including his next door neighbors, that he couldn't phone ahead with his cell phone or from the airport so they could have the key ready for him? Are you telling me their housekeeper and their gardner lied when they testified they knew nothing about any broken window?

I wasn't there, so I can't say for sure, but it looks to me as though John most likely went down to that basement lickedy split, as soon as Patsy called 911, and, while she was calling her friends, he probably made sure to clean up most of that glass. He probably stashed it in a bag and got rid of it later when Arndt was distracted.

Why? Because obviously his staging was incomplete and he needed to unstage. And if that seems odd to you then maybe you can explain why that window was broken and when and what for. As I see it, if he hadn't unstaged, the staging would have been obvious and he'd have been arrested on the spot.

Excuse me, but I'm going to quote Patsy now: What?! (To 911 operator.)

I have never believed JR's story about climbing in the window. I've actually posted about a thousand times it's not even physically possible to climb in that window the way he described to Lou Smit. Try it.

That being said, now you're telling us JR broke the window that morning, but then went back and cleaned up the glass? Because he was afraid LE might think he'd staged too much? Or not enough?

You are too intelligent not to see what a stretch of pure fiction that is. It may be possible, but I could imagine a dozen other reasons the glass was broken and then cleaned up, as well. It's not proof.

Besides, you said Patsy wasn't in on this. Now she's lying to LE about cleaning up the glass to cover for JR, but she doesn't suspect him?

And I have never seen a source where the maid and/or gardener stated they knew nothing about a broken window, but I would like to, so perhaps you can provide me with some direction as to where I can find that? Thanks in advance.

I don't know why JR lied about breaking and climbing in the window. He told White that afternoon right before they "found" the body that he'd broken the window himself. But I believe he did lie about when and why.

However, someone broke it, and the very old and heavy, dusty spider webs we can now see in the crime scene basement video posted on The Daily Beast article by Carol McKinley indicates to me it was broken for some time before that night.

Maybe Burke and his playmates broke the window; maybe JAR did trying to get in one night when the Ramseys were out of town; I could think of a hundred possiblities. Whoever did it, JR was looking to protect that person or himself from something.

Jams kept telling us for years someone was with JR that night and she knew he was telling the truth. But she never would say "who" was with JR, so where does that take your mind? Of course, she could have been lied to, as well, but my point is, there are other reasons JR lied besides he broke the window that morning to prove an intruder came in and then decided later he needed to clean it up because...why? Smit sure bought it anyway, no glass and all.

Why didn't JR or Patsy have the window fixed? Who knows? Why didn't they clean the basement up, while they were at it? Maybe take care of the live wires hanging in the closet? I mean, the kids played there, for god's sake, Patsy!

But John said the basement was hot, and Patsy smoked down there. Maybe they tried to get it fixed; Patsy said it was on the maid's husband's handyman list, something the IDIs love. Or maybe they lied. Again. These are more things we could spend 16 years trying to figure out...oh, wait, we have.

Bottom line: you really are having to explain a lot through guessing John did this and then did that because he might have been thinking this or that. That is the curse of any theory in this case: the more you depend on it, the weaker the theory.

I am not able to eliminate Patsy from being a player in this death, sorry. Physical evidence points to her about 10 times more than it points to JR. I don't have to guess what she was thinking when her pen, pad, fibers, etc., are all over the crime scene.

In other words, what you are saying is that Patsy wasn't very good at faking it.

That's hard for me to say. I thought her 911 call was an award winning performance. She was very convincing while stoned out of her mind on CNN, too.

But she was a bad liar when trying to explain evidence and answering questions she didn't want to answer. She had trouble keeping her lies straight, too.

No doubt she had lots of coaching before she even got to those LE interviews and on TV programs.

But that morning, I think she was more vulnerable and I think the stress got to her waiting all those hours for the "discovery." I think she and John meant to be half way to Atlanta long before JR finally found the body.

I do believe JR was involved, though. From the head blow, though I don't know which one of them struck that blow. The ligature has always felt like something a male would contrive.

But Patsy's fibers were tied into the knots; Patsy's paintbrush; etc.

However, JR's shirt fibers were in a bad place for an innocent man's fibers to be on the body.

So I try not to ask what anyone was thinking or why this or that as much as follow the evidence.

More and more Patsy's presence permeats the crime: fibers in the basement and in knots of the murder weapon, used to make the murder weapon; fingerprints on the pineapple bowl; DNA on the textiles in the cellar room; pen and pad used to compose the ransom note, which she was not eliminated from writing by most experts who analyzed it; etc.

It's hard to dismiss all of this for speculation, because this is hard evidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back