Is Mona Nelson of Houston TX a serial killer?

I am stuck on the Lane Bryant Murders in Illinois from 2008 and the uncanny resemblance to MN!!! If nothing else, a picture of her in Illinois may trigger a memory of someone there???
I don't see much resemblance. In the LB sketch, the perp's lips are very large, almost exaggerated, as though they really stood out to the witness who described him to the artist. MN's lips are not that large. Nor does she have cornrows in any of the photos we've seen, and the braid is on the opposite side.

Yes, in 2003. We just have to see if she was there in 2008. But she also had a run in with LE in 2008 in Texas. So the dates will matter.

JMHO
fran

Where can I read about this 2003/Chicago connection? TIA!

I don't see much resemblance. In the LB sketch, the perp's lips are very large, almost exaggerated, as though they really stood out to the witness who described him to the artist. MN's lips are not that large. Nor does she have cornrows in any of the photos we've seen, and the braid is on the opposite side.

I noticed the same differences. I chalked the lip difference up to artist and/or witness interpretation and the side of the braid up to fate. They still look VERY SIMILAR to me. Worth reinvigorating the Lane Bryant case at least. It may trigger someone to "recognize" someone else anyways. I was honestly thinking (and looking) for the Lane Bryant guy in Georgia last week when I was shopping.... I know... my family thinks I am crazy too!!! I just get these cases stuck in my head and they won't get out until they are solved! (SuziQ seems to be stuck there too!!! Between her, Nurse, and the other great WS'ers, I figure I am at least in good company).

I don't see the resemblance. either - but that said, there are a lot of cases where ultimately the perp and the sketch don't look much alike (at least not to me.) The beaded hair and rhinestones on the jeans do raise a bit of a flag, though. I wonder if police have ever looked at the case and considered the possibility of a female perp? It does lead to possible motives they might not have thought about. For example, someone who went in to make a purchase and was "dissed" (especially if she was mistaken for a man), or some sort of jealousy motive...

I do think she resembles the sketch, but I am sure there are many people who could be resembling the sketch.
The police have the suspect voice on 911 call. It sounds like male's voice to me, not female's.

I noticed the same differences. I chalked the lip difference up to artist and/or witness interpretation and the side of the braid up to fate. They still look VERY SIMILAR to me. Worth reinvigorating the Lane Bryant case at least. It may trigger someone to "recognize" someone else anyways. I was honestly thinking (and looking) for the Lane Bryant guy in Georgia last week when I was shopping.... I know... my family thinks I am crazy too!!! I just get these cases stuck in my head and they won't get out until they are solved! (SuziQ seems to be stuck there too!!! Between her, Nurse, and the other great WS'ers, I figure I am at least in good company).
If you're going to be stuck on a case, the LB killings is a good one. So scary because it was so random and so public. I honestly tried to forget it, but after tonight, I'll be looking for that face, too. So, you're absolutely right, Reannan. If nothing else, renewed interest in the case is a good thing.

I always thought it was a little strange (but definitely not unbelievable) that a man committed the LB killings. To me, it just seems more likely that it would be a woman. The similarities of the pictures make me think this even more now. Just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure she went to Bellaire High School. Bellaire is a city inside Houston (I know, weird). Houston has expanded over the years and built around smaller cities.

http://www.bellaire.org/

data=LtgX-e3f8ctI3U5dJtbt7EJ1ZfRneYme,JQ59ruemWCTHqdIUofgJSlSVyOsPsrJHbLa7LA-Il_OeukyGvRsxmL8x3QZoMGjaglsOMqJHoXrp1O2K57sBxMReMMsiKMhREVYHNK06HGbejyOT1w

So here is a map I did, according to this article of where Mona has and had been at least until 2005. Detroit MI is there because it is mentioned in the article that she would speak about boxing in Detroit.
I do not know how to embed this map on the board (sorry) but here is the link to the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...42,-90.439453&spn=17.472379,46.362305&t=h&z=5

And the article I pulled info from, Alot of history in this article for Mona:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

SNIP...............................

High school dropout

In one document from a 1985 pre-sentencing investigation, Nelson shared her life story with authorities in hopes of a more lenient punishment.

She says she attended five Houston-area schools, earning B and C grade averages. She dropped out of Bellaire High School in 11th grade and completed her GED at Houston Community College.

She left home at age 15 and met her future husband, Michael Nelson, shortly before her 16th birthday. The couple married on May 7, 1983, when the bride was 17 and the groom 28.

Two months later, Nelson reportedly gave birth to twins - a boy and a girl - three months prematurely.

Nelson said she'd been living in Cookville in East Texas since January 1985, in a house owned by her father-in-law, Clyde Nelson, a sex offender who was sentenced to 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl in August 1985

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

Where can I read about this 2003/Chicago connection? TIA!

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5949113&postcount=364"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7[/ame]

Respectfully the charges in Mount Vernon, were Texas not Va. so I also have to question the Chicago info.

Also, this: 1989: Nelson spent time in prison for trafficking Mexican nationals for $600 per person.

Was in 1991. So I have to question all of the info in that post I reckon.........lol. To many dates wrong and all..............

Respectfully the charges in Mount Vernon, were Texas not Va. so I also have to question the Chicago info.

Also, this: 1989: Nelson spent time in prison for trafficking Mexican nationals for $600 per person.

Was in 1991. So I have to question all of the info in that post I reckon.........lol. To many dates wrong and all..............

I thought I was crazy for a second after reading this:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

Looks like I can add •2006: Nelson was arrested on a simple battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
•2008: She was arrested on a charge of assault on a family member in Mount Pleasant, Texas

to my map unless they are wrong too :waitasec:

I thought I was crazy for a second after reading this:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

Looks like I can add •2006: Nelson was arrested on a simple battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
•2008: She was arrested on a charge of assault on a family member in Mount Pleasant, Texas

to my map unless they are wrong too :waitasec:

That's what I have...and I have been working on a spread sheet from all the MSN articles and doing County searches. So I'm gonna say MAP IT! lol. The 2008 assault was on her adult daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back