17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, who is FT? Sorry if I ask.

I am surprised by second degree murder. I expected manslaughter.

I think we were all prepared for manslaughter, but there must be something that negates the SYG defense, something that she is sure of to kick the charge up....she didn't charge that just for giggles, or to make herself look good and important, since losing would be a huge disadvantage in something this high profile IMO JMHO and stuff.

Just curious, who is FT?
"Frank" Francis Taaffe - one of the guys who was GZ's friend at least as far as the media was concerned. He seems to have a lot of time to spend on TV these days.

"Frank" Francis Taaffe - one of the guys who was GZ's friend at least as far as the media was concerned. He seems to have a lot of time to spend on TV these days.

I see.

FT= Frank Taafe GZ's friend

MOM= Mark O'mara, GZ' new lawyer (I think)

Me too, actually. And i'm really wondering about that Hot Mike conversation I was listening to with the reporters talking without knowing anyone was listening. This is political.

While I sort of hoped no charges would be filed, if a charge of manslaughter came up I'd think that was completely fair also. That's fair, and reasonable.

This isn't second degree murder. IMHO. And if they go to court with second degree murder as the only choice before the jury, they'll lose this case and he'll walk free. IMHO.

I expected manslaughter also JennaT. But today on HLN the TH's were speculating and said that the case will go to either a judge or jury and they could find guilt for lessor charges. So even though GZ is charged with 2nd degree, he could still be found guilty of manslaughter.

change of subject.....Ft on JVM...wishes Ms Corey could have tempered her elation at the presser today. He was offended by it.

MOO

wm

I think Corey pretty forcefully dispelled the myth that the original Sanford PD didn't investigate. When she was brought in to take over, the investigation was continuing she said, more than once. They had done many witness interviews, and were continuing the process when it was turned over to her office.

If people choose not to believe her, that's up to them, but that's what she said. She was very supportive and respectful of SPD and their efforts.

Triplett - We expect everyone that comes to our town to be peaceful.
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:57 PM
The city manager of Sanford said he will investigate Police Chief Bill Lee.
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:57 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kcci.com/Event/Prosecutor_Announces_Decision_On_Trayvon_Martin_Case#ixzz1rm9E42wV

and at least they are being investigated as well

OMG! I get home from errands only to see FT giving AC lessons on deportment??!! :eek:

Otherwise, I'm still too stunned to say much except I admire the Martin family and Mr. Crump tremendously.

I expected manslaughter also JennaT. But today on HLN the TH's were speculating and said that the case will go to either a judge or jury and they could find guilt for lessor charges. So even though GZ is charged with 2nd degree, he could still be found guilty of manslaughter.

change of subject.....Ft on JVM...wishes Ms Corey could have tempered her elation at the presser today. He was offended by it.

MOO

wm

George Zimmerman could go for a bench trial. A defendant can choose to have a bench trial instead of a jury trial. However, they are rarely granted.

Oh rats! I like MOM.

It's ok to like him, teh! He seems to be a sensible, grounded, intelligent and deliberate attorney. It appears GZ has solid representation, and I'm very glad of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong