MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/19/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

yllek

Reaction score
Good morning.

This thread is for posting today's MSM news regarding Baby Lisa Irwin.

Please keep discussion to a minimum. If you'd like to discuss news that emerges today in MSM, please find the appropriate existing thread or create a new thread for discussion.

Hoping that Lisa Irwin is found today...:praying:

Lisa10.jpg

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
4:34 pm Sat. Exclusive : Just spoke with witness at center of $300 baby theft rumor. Details soon @nbcactionnews #babylisa #lisairwin. .
15 minutes ago
»

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Breaking development in baby Lisa coming soon @nbcactionnews
24 minutes ago

ETA: http://twitter.com/#!/russptacek

Hmm...

Surprise, Surprise!!

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance

A teen located by the NBC Action News Investigators denies ever saying a neighborhood handyman "bragged" about a $300 payday for kidnapping Baby Lisa Irwin.

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
4:34 pm Sat. Exclusive : Just spoke with witness at center of $300 baby theft rumor. Details soon @nbcactionnews #babylisa #lisairwin. .
15 minutes ago
»

RussPtacek Russ Ptacek
Breaking development in baby Lisa coming soon @nbcactionnews
24 minutes ago

ETA: http://twitter.com/#!/russptacek

Hmm...

I'm confused. The "teen" has now morphed into a "he" from a "she" earlier?

John P spoke to a GIRL teen who said a homeless guy said Jersey took Lisa for $300.

So is the homeless guy now being identified as a teen "he", and he's denying he said Jersey had taken Lisa, it was just a comment that Jersey WOULD take a baby for $300?

I don't know who to believe. It sounds to me like the teen girl acted in good faith and the homeless teen was talking out his head to impress her. I'd like to see a pic of the girl. My guess is, this homeless guy was trying to impress a cute girl by greatly exaggerating what he knows. That's never happened before.

So the story's basically true, IMHO, except now the homeless guy is cutting back a little on his gossipy mouth.

*rolls eyes*

So have I got that right? The "he" is the mystery unnamed homeless guy who lived in the flop house, and how he's taking back his statement that Jersey did it for $300, just that he likely WOULD do it for $300?

I'm confused. The "teen" has now morphed into a "he" from a "she" earlier?

John P spoke to a GIRL teen who said a homeless guy said Jersey took Lisa for $300.

So is the homeless guy now being identified as a teen "he", and he's denying he said Jersey had taken Lisa, it was just a comment that Jersey WOULD take a baby for $300?

I don't know who to believe. It sounds to me like the teen girl acted in good faith and the homeless teen was talking out his head to impress her. I'd like to see a pic of the girl. My guess is, this homeless guy was trying to impress a cute girl by greatly exaggerating what he knows. That's never happened before.

So the story's basically true, IMHO, except now the homeless guy is cutting back a little on his gossipy mouth.

*rolls eyes*

So have I got that right? The "he" is the mystery unnamed homeless guy who lived in the flop house, and how he's taking back his statement that Jersey did it for $300, just that he likely WOULD do it for $300?

NO, the reporters reported her as a she! He's a he...HAHA! Defense team just got schooled. :floorlaugh:

A teen located by the NBC Action News Investigators denies ever saying a neighborhood handyman "bragged" about a $300 payday for kidnapping Baby Lisa Irwin.
"No," said. "I haven’t seen him since like September 11 th.
For first updates as they become available, follow @russptacek on Twitter or “like” KSHB Russ Ptacek on Facebook.
In a story published Friday, an attorney for the Irwin family said he was trying to track a teen who supposedly claimed a neighborhood handyman told him he'd been paid to take the infant.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance#ixzz1eCPmDtwB

NO, the reporters reported her as a she! He's a he...HAHA! Defense team just got schooled. :floorlaugh:

For first updates as they become available, follow @russptacek on Twitter or “like” KSHB Russ Ptacek on Facebook.
In a story published Friday, an attorney for the Irwin family said he was trying to track a teen who supposedly claimed a neighborhood handyman told him he'd been paid to take the infant.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance#ixzz1eCPmDtwB

the way i understand it is:
JP talked to this teen, a girl.
this teen girl, said that this teen boy, (the boy that has just spoken out) told her that Jersey had said this to him.
teen boy tells teen girl, teen girl tells JP.

whew.

"I told someone, I was like (expletive), Jersey was the kind of person where you could say here, here’s $300, take care of this baby, and he would have done it," he said. "That’s all I’ve said. I haven’t seen Jersey since weeks before all this happened actually."

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/$300-baby-lisa-kidnap-rumor-denied-by-teen-who-supposedly-implicated-handyman-in-disappearance

I wonder how JT & Co. are feeling right about now?

this teen girl, said that this teen boy, (the boy that has just spoken out) told her that Jersey had said this to him.

whew.
What happened to the Man and the Mother? The butcher, the baker...

The girl teen never said she heard a handyman brag he'd stolen Lisa for $300. She said she heard a homeless guy say it.

The homeless guy was later sort of ID'd as living in the flop house with MW.

There are THREE people in the teen story -the teen girl, the nameless homeless man who said Jersey stole Lisa for $300, and Jersey who may or may not have said anything of the kind.

I really think you should go back and read through the trail of posts, and John P's statement.

It was a GIRL teen who told her mother this third hand info.

Reread the article. The male teen in the article you linked says he told "someone" - presumedly the girl teen - that Jersey WOULD do that. It's in the article you are referencing.

The defense team hasn't been "schooled" at all. The formerly homeless nameless guy is denying details of what he told the teen girl.

let me see if i can lay out the way i understand this more clearly.

teen boy mentions to teen girl that jersey is the type of guy that would steal a baby for $300.
teen girl tells this to her mother.
mother tells this to JP.
JP talks to this teen girl.

somewhere in this chain of events, this turns into "overheard jersey saying he got paid $300 to kidnap lisa."

got it? that is just what i have pieced together from this new interview and from the MK segment.

I really think you need to go back and read through all the stuff including the article you referenced.

You're lumping the teen girl, and the teen homeless nameless guy into one person, which isn't the case. They are two different people, two different genders, same apparent age.

teen boy mentions to teen girl that jersey is the type of guy that would steal a baby for $300.
mother tells this to JP.

somewhere in this chain of events, this turns into "overheard jersey saying he got paid $300 to kidnap lisa."

got it? that is just what i have pieced together from this new interview and from the MK segment.

YES, askfornina, you've got it.

It takes some reading and some thought to understand this new breaking news.

Everyone maybe needs to read very carefully, word for word, John P's statement and this new article. They don't disagree that much.

I think we all were prepared to believe this tip wasn't true. But there is a basis for the girl's mom reporting it, in good faith, and for LE and the defense to investigate it further.

Why did this teen girl ,who talked to the teen boy ,go to the DT instead of LE?

Why did this teen girl ,who talked to the teen boy ,go to the DT instead of LE?

I don't want to have to find a link, so let me just say IHMO, LE stated earlier they are also on this. The Mom may well have called LE first.

whew.

Thank you for the clarification...that is the way I understand it as well.

Totally unrelated...I love your pic, your pup looks very patient this is the way I feel about how you approach answering here...very patient. Thank you

mother tells this to JP.

I got it and did have it. The first report was a homeless MAN, the teen had hear him say X, she reported it to her mother, who went to the defense team.

Bottom line, a bunch of BS.

It was a rumor that has been debunked, imo. It didn't check out.

A teen girl told her mom that a homeless teen boy said that Jersey bragged about kidnapping Lisa for $300. The homeless boy, the source of the info, now says he was only saying he could see Jersey doing something like that and denies ever talking to Jersey about anything related to Lisa Irwin.

Did the girl misunderstand? Did the boy exaggerate to impress the girl? I don't care. It was triple hearsay yesterday and now it's a debunked rumor with no merit or value. Tossing it off the back burner and moving on.

We need some real news...:waiting::waiting:

YES, askfornina, you've got it.

It takes some reading and some thought to understand this new breaking news.

Everyone maybe needs to read very carefully, word for word, John P's statement and this new article. They don't disagree that much.

I think we all were prepared to believe this tip wasn't true. But there is a basis for the girl's mom reporting it, in good faith, and for LE and the defense to investigate it further.
Defense DEFENDS. LE investigates. Teen mother should have gone to LE, not JP. I bet you she probably did got to LE a longgg time ago. It's another defense spin move in the media, one that should not have EVER been on national news. MK is highly irresponsible for her reporting yesterday.

Again, it was false story, implicating an innocent person! Just wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah