Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes an awful lot of alcohol to kill, and I just can't see that being the case. The friends would have said they were worried about the amount she drank if it was near death levels. I think "Passed out drunk" was the theme of the evening...which explains nobody hearing anything....including a barking dog.
I have to agree. Alcohol did play a role here, but not to the point of lethal dosage. The roomates would have mentioned she was falling down drunk before passing out or an enormous amount of alcohol that Bri had consumed...which doesn't seem to be the case.

I didn't read too much into the statement that they made about the crime being disturbing. I think just the plain fact that there is someone out there who is preying on young women and has escalated as far as entering the home and snatching his last victim is what they are referring to as disturbing. I also recall someone involved in the case stating that they have a child in the same age range, so I would imagine that seeing the aftermath of a sick predator that has gone this far would disturb anyone involved regardless of the condition of the body or any other things that may have happened.

Again, I think that the police are giving information in a very controlled way. Someone had asked about police intentionally leaking details that are false to flush out the killer, and I would not be surprised if that is happening here. It happened with BTK, the police used the media to communicate with him and every word used by the media were crafted by LE.
They caught him because he asked if a floppy disk could be traced back to him, and in what I think is the best example of a stupid criminal, he believed them and sent the disk with his name and church in the properties of the word document....

Anyway I think that while the information is confusing as far as dates and times of possible and known victims, I see a lot of creeps coming out of the woodwork. I don't know who the profiler is that was all over the media yesterday, but I knew that it was a matter of time before the FBI called BS on him. He may have some education in psychology or sociology, but his familiarity with the facts of the case is from the media, which is not accurate.

I also want to chime in on the Myspace angle. I work in I.T. and one thing that I think is blown way out of proportion (again, the media) is the popularity of it. Yes a lot of people use it, but I think that there are a lot more who don't. A lot of companies filter it. I think that the majority of geeks and people who have a little bit of tech knowledge despise anything related to the site. There may be a million profiles, but most of them are spammers. The junk scripts that people put together and offer people to put on their page are usually junk that hogs bandwidth and sometimes is malicious. I am just saying that while the perp might have a profile, he also might not. I would be careful about naming someone or posting pictures. Especially now that it is so trendy to sue anyone or blame a website for causing someone to do something.

I don't think we have posted a person's myspace or name on here that LE hasn't named as a suspect or a POI. We try to be very cautious about it.

Gosh, I hope the FBI aren't using the same tactics in this case! Look how long it took to catch BTK and the number of people he murdered during that time!! OMG!

Concerning Mariala's disappearance, I think she would be described similarly to Brianna based on pictures. She also about the same age and was last reportedly seen by her boyfriend at 4:30 AM. I hope that Mariela's mother and other family members have submitted their DNA for testing and comparison to the DNA found on the underwear. Henderson is quite a distance from Reno, but I think that it is possible that she could be another victim of Brianna's killer.

I hope they checked out the boyfriend's story thoroughly as it was reported in that article that he is now believed to be in Mexico. It could be that he went their for a legitimate reason, and Mariela might even be with him for all that we know. But, statistically speaking those closest need to be looked at first and thoroughly in most cases.

Lion

Henderson is south of Las Vegas , but on a major north to south route..

I heard about this case a long time ago, and felt the family was getting no help because everyone focused on Brianna. However, the fact that she was out with a group of girls, came home very late, and disappeared, is pretty similar to me.

Could be the boyfriend, angry and able to do this, then got Brianna, but it may be that it's not the boyfriend at all, and perp is using the same circumstances of women, to perpetrate his crimes.

I cannot in my wildest dreams figure out why LE hasn't gotten family DNA of this missing girl, and then matched it with those panties, or looked at the vehicle the boyfriend drove. WHy is this family not able to get the media attention too? Someone a while back at another website stated he/she felt that it was race that played into the lack of help and attention. However, LE must have looked into similarities, and possibly think there is a reason she ran away or something, but her family doesn't think so, and I would trust that they might know better.

The whole thing has infuriated me for the last month, why has it never been mentioned by RPD????

LE can't be missing this, it can't be they haven't heard of it? I made a stupid assumption that they must know, and never reported it...The FBI is involved for cryin' out loud!

Absolutely every detail in the cases are similar, from girls descriptions to event descriptions...Also, the family has posted websites and youtubes in spanish, so if you are bilingual, any translations for us would be helpful...just google her name, and the sites come up, numerous sites.

Did they happen to look at Diego's photo and notice he looks a lot like the sketch in the Oct. 22nd case? (Or am I just going crazy now?! LMAO)

The other important thing to remember here, is that they spoke of a baby shoe in the perps vehicle, and there are baby shoes that people hang from their mirrors because they are cute and a popular thing to do, usually young women have them in their cars. The perp may not have anything to do with a child, it may be a decorative shoe, and maybe someone elses car too.

I don't see someone untying those "decorative" shoes and just having one still laying on the floorboard myself.

I don't think we have posted a person's myspace or name on here that LE hasn't named as a suspect or a POI. We try to be very cautious about it.

Gosh, I hope the FBI aren't using the same tactics in this case! Look how long it took to catch BTK and the number of people he murdered during that time!! OMG!

I think that the FBI was not the reason that BTK was not caught sooner. The fact that there was no DNA technology and the fact that there was nothing about him that stood out kept him from being caught. He also took a long break between many of the killings. The FBI was involved in the early stages, but the FBI's involvement in a case like this is not like in the movies. They look at the evidence and give the police advice on what sort of mindset is involved in the crime. I have heard criticism about the profilers in cases like the serial snipers, where they say it is a lone white male etc... The profilers always say that you can't put stock into something as simple as that. It is a guess, the real meat of the profile is the mindset of the person, and that is what they give the police. The police sometimes choose to ignore some facts and sometimes put too much stock in one detail and not another.

The FBI advised the Wichita police both in the early years of BTK and again were advising when they finally caught him. I think that the credit for the work goes to the police though. The profilers all say that. They give the police a tool, and the police have the option of how they use the tool.

In this case I think it is not quite the same comparison. The perp is new to this type of crime and LE is making sure that he doesn't have the option to refine his methods and learn from his mistakes. He obviously has made many and I think that it is just a matter of days before a break in the case is announced. I have a feeling that they have a few people who are being looked at very close and they are using different methods to draw him out.

I would recommend that anyone remotely interested in reading true crime pick up anything written by John Douglas, Robert Ressler or any of the profilers out there. I am always struck by how they are able to deal with some of the terrible things they are exposed to. I think that they do a better job at explaining the how's and why's of crime and don't have to resort to tacky sensationalism to draw the reader in.

I heard about Mariela's case right after she went missing, but there hasn't been much coverage. It seems like I read that she had just broken up with one boyfriend, and a new boyfriend dropped her off at the end of the night on Jan. 1st. I know I had a couple of questions about if the ex-boyfriend could have been waiting at home for her. It seems like I read that the boyfriend watched her walk around the corner, and then left when he couldn't see her anymore. I believe the door is somewhat on the side of the house.

SS,
you made a comment about the boyfriends picture, did you feel that he looks like our perp? I just wanted to point out that our perp was said not to have any kind of accent, while Mariela's boyfriend is likely to have a spanish accent or may not speak English at all.

I heard about Mariela's case right after she went missing, but there hasn't been much coverage. It seems like I read that she had just broken up with one boyfriend, and a new boyfriend dropped her off at the end of the night on Jan. 1st. I know I had a couple of questions about if the ex-boyfriend could have been waiting at home for her. It seems like I read that the boyfriend watched her walk around the corner, and then left when he couldn't see her anymore. I believe the door is somewhat on the side of the house.

SS,
you made a comment about the boyfriends picture, did you feel that he looks like our perp? I just wanted to point out that our perp was said not to have any kind of accent, while Mariela's boyfriend is likely to have a spanish accent or may not speak English at all.
I don't think the October 22nd case is connected to Brianna. If you look at the eyebrows, the nose, and the hairline of Diego...imo...he could resemble the sketch.

The lack of an accent came from the description in the December 16th/January 19th case which has been linked to Bri. However, I know a lot of Hispanics born here with many relatives in Mexico which do not speak with an accent at all, but are fluent in Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member