Revisiting George Anthony statements re: Greta on the Record Aug. '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoAnn_W

Reaction score
Hello all. This has been bothering me for a while. I watched Greta interview the Anthony's way back in the beginning of the case. I remember specifically Cindy took Greta out to the shed and then into the house to talk to George, already sitting on the sofa. Greta asked about the gas cans and Cindy said to ask George.

George told the story about Casey coming by and him getting back the gas cans. I coulda sworn he said he went to the back of the trunk, could see the whole opened trunk and then said: "No Caylee." I can still picture him with his hands up with a "Where's Waldo? expression.

His "story" struck me as so odd- that it actually bothered me and it still does because now he says he didn't get to see in the trunk. Does anyone have a link to that video interview that originally aired on Greta? A while back, I found the transcript and this part was actually missing from it. I know I saw and heard this statement.

JoAnn_W

Hello all. This has been bothering me for a while. I watched Greta interview the Anthony's way back in the beginning of the case. I remember specifically Cindy took Greta out to the shed and then into the house to talk to George, already sitting on the sofa. Greta asked about the gas cans and Cindy said to ask George.

George told the story about Casey coming by and him getting back the gas cans. I coulda sworn he said he went to the back of the trunk, could see the whole opened trunk and then said: "No Caylee." I can still picture him with his hands up with a "Where's Waldo? expression.

His "story" struck me as so odd- that it actually bothered me and it still does because now he says he didn't get to see in the trunk. Does anyone have a link to that video interview that originally aired on Greta? A while back, I found the transcript and this part was actually missing from it. I know I saw and heard this statement.

JoAnn_W

I remember that too! He said something like...when I looked in the trunk there were...and then Cindy butted in and finished his sentence and said said "the gas cans"

Fox News, IMHO, has lost my respect for their 'unfair and imbalanced' reporting of this case. Post 9/11, Fox News was far and away my favored news source. All that has changed with this case. From Geraldo, to Greta, to Judge Napolitano, I am disgusted by their uninformed, inaccurate, seemingly biased and uneven coverage of this case over the past 8 months. Good bye, Fox News. Perhaps this belongs in the Rant thread.

JoAnn_W

I do recall very well when George made that statement that he looked in the trunk.If you watch the video you will hear where Cindy and George tell Greta that he looked in the trunk of the car on June 24 and saw the gas cans and did not smell any odor. But that is not what he told LE in his statement on Aug 4.

Caylee Marie Anthony case - cops cases and clues 3, Cindy and George STATE's THAT HE LOOKED IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR ON JUNE 24TH AND THAT IS WHEN HE SAW THE GAS CANS AND THERE WAS NO ODOR! (In George's statement he said, he DID NOT LOOK IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mIYP7fMjM&feature=related

More on, The Interview with Greta, tour of home, cops cases and clues 2 in Aug . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYy30_Jxx1c

Caylee Marie Anthony case - cops cases and clues 4-(JOHN ADMITTS THAT CASEY WAS AT FUSION ON JUNE 20-Strange letter that Casey was writting, turned out to be the letter she wrote and gave to a guard, it was for George and he states he didn't know anything about the letter) Lee also admitts that he knows how the jail system works..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03CSv4RMTow&feature=related
Caylee Marie Anthony case - cops cases and clues 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSf-XkCfnk&feature=related

George then went on to say that he never looked into the trunk when questioned by LE.

When investigators spoke to George Anthony on Aug. 4, he told them about an encounter he had with his daughter on June 24 -- the day he reported two gas cans stolen from his shed. When he headed toward the car, Casey raced past him to get to the trunk before he did.
She quickly opened the lid, cursed at him and handed over the cans. He never saw inside the trunk. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2708sep27,0,7275812.story?page=2

This story evolved over time and depending on audience. It became that KC rushed ahead of GA, grabbed the gas can and, almost threw them at him with an abusive remark.

It seems like the early GVS story was CA damage control to cover for the ?fact? that there was no smell in the car at that time and no Caylee, because GA looked in.

As always, GA was more truthful to LE and FBI and told the story that he didn't get that close, KC beat him to it and offered up the gas cans when he was going for tire irons. This version makes KC more suspicious in that she was desperately covering a smell or something in the trunk.

CA was definitely engineering damage control post the 911 call, once she knew and this will explain the GA June 16 story as well, in its level of detail but missing so much.

JoAnn_W

I thought is was the first videoed interview GA gave to LE that he told them he saw into the trunk.....and then went on to describe the blue plastic container he had in there.

The full tour-the-backyard followed by interview-on-the-couch video here.

The gas-can story starts after the backyard tour about 2/3 of the way through. I didn't catch the timestamp. On the video, the audio discussing gas cans start while G&C are still standing on the screened porch, cuts to Casey walking handcuffed in her Mossimo hoodie, then cuts to the couch.

Hope that helps.

Fox News, IMHO, has lost my respect for their 'unfair and imbalanced' reporting of this case. Post 9/11, Fox News was far and away my favored news source. All that has changed with this case. From Geraldo, to Greta, to Judge Napolitano, I am disgusted by their uninformed, inaccurate, seemingly biased and uneven coverage of this case over the past 8 months. Good bye, Fox News. Perhaps this belongs in the Rant thread.

Greta lost my respect when she said, after interviewing Joran Vandersloot, "I tend to believe him". Great instincts there, Greta.

I honestly didn't realize Greta was on Fox or know enough about the subject of bias. The one and only time I watched Greta was to see the Anthony interview. I am curious to know why the transcript was edited.

JoAnn_W

Me too, JoAnn! I watched every second of that interview when it originally aired, and I could swear that CA told Greta that the cadaver dogs hit on the bedpost in one of the bedrooms. When the video and transcript were put online, I went back looking and have never been able to find it.

Did anyone else see the CMA letters on the wall in Caylee's room in this video? The Greta video. It's almost at the end. They look like wooden letters.

Me too, JoAnn! I watched every second of that interview when it originally aired, and I could swear that CA told Greta that the cadaver dogs hit on the bedpost in one of the bedrooms. When the video and transcript were put online, I went back looking and have never been able to find it.

Oh, I'm not alone in my pain! I know transcripts often have errors, but the missing facts almost look like a coverup. Maybe I need to step away from the computer...

JoAnn_W

I think it is so cute when one of CA's puppets starts to speak she grabs their leg. That is so funny to me. So telling. And she knows the right moment to jump in and move the story into another direction. I have almost as much enjoyment watching CA as I do KC. KC learned from the best. LMAO

OOOOOPS-------am I O/T. Sorry!

This is very intriguing -- maybe SA needs to have investigation of Fox News reports, specifically Greta! I do think the videos seem to be edited a great deal and the transcripts disclaimer that they are not 100% is highly suspicious. Too many questions here!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021