DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

DC Mansion Warrant

Return After Search of Ford

Return After Search of White Chevy

Search Warrant for BMW

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 470
Actually I called it a sweet job.

How about this: Plausible, but he would really be jeopardizing his job for one big payoff and stepping into a criminal world that I doubt he had ever experienced. He certainly is gullible enough to try.

This is a very good question! And on the one hand, I think no, just not the type, not the history. Then again, are we sure he has never rubbed elbows with "the criminal world?" We can't be of course. Admittedly, we look at his photos, read his enthusiastic and professional sounding descriptions of the programs he's running, know a bit of his outer persona through what we glimpsed on FB, and thus far, we find no criminal record. STILL, many scam artists, small time non-violent sociopaths, workplace thieves and embezzlers, never serve time or face real charges.

All we know about him is through the short time he was at Autobahn. And that he did some amateur racing before then and wanted to go big time. Sum total. Very small window, very small world he showed the public--the Kart racing world, the stint at the racing school.
We don't KNOW JW. We don't know his history.

I hope he is not in any way connected to this most awful of crimes as then truly he would be the snake in the garden of eden, not to get too bible-thumpster. JMO

Someone asked in the previous thread about linked in being wonky and showing a profile they didn't create? L.I. does that as click bait to get you to sign up. Chances are it's nothing and no profile. It harvests my email contacts and tries to get me to connect under the "people you may know" guise- and you click it only to be sent to a signup form to send them an invite.

Re: the education credibility- it's user entry strictly- which means any and all of it could be erroneous or made up. I checked it and it is like you saw (I have a premium account) - and whatddya know- he's a 3rd degree connection of mine (WEIRD)

Anyway- not posting a link bc I don't think we can post SM links- but just thought I'd throw that in there.

Is there confusion about DDW's status in US? Bringing over from closed thread.
....http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/man-accused-of-killing-four-in-mansion-appears-in-court-tuesday/2015/06/16/5fe112c0-1441-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_ pl. " sbm

Pardon me?
Early threads discussed DW as permanent resident/green card holder, not a citizen.

Remember early talk about his (~ 2-3 mo?) US Marine Corps service?

Did his being in USMC lead to nat'ed citizenship, maybe pt of reason he went in?
"Path to U.S. citizenship
A lawful permanent resident can apply for United States citizenship, or naturalization, after five years of residency. This period is shortened to three years if married to a U.S. citizen...Male permanent residents between the ages of 18 and 25 are subject to registering in the Selective Service System." bbm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perman...)#cite_note-15

All of above is IIRC, w no link, could be all wrong.

I found the conversation between girlfriend and he to be interesting in that she never asked where did it come from, or what was behind having money.

I found the conversation between girlfriend and he to be interesting in that she never asked where did it come from, or what was behind having money.

This is a really interesting point. Not like he carried 40,000 in cash in the car every day.

Is there confusion about DDW's status in US? Bringing over from closed thread.
"Originally Posted by popsicle
....http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/man-accused-of-killing-four-in-mansion-appears-in-court-tuesday/2015/06/16/5fe112c0-1441-11e5-9518-f9e0a8959f32_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_ pl. " sbm

From link: Atty: "My client is a U. S. citizen." bbm
WaPo reporter: "Wint was born in Guyana and became a naturalized citizen after moving to the U.S. in 2000." bbm

Pardon me?
Early threads discussed DW as permanent resident/green card holder, not a citizen.

Remember early talk about his (~ 2-3 mo?) US Marine Corps service?

Did his being in USMC lead to nat'ed citizenship, maybe pt of reason he went in?
"Path to U.S. citizenship
A lawful permanent resident can apply for United States citizenship, or naturalization, after five years of residency. This period is shortened to three years if married to a U.S. citizen...Male permanent residents between the ages of 18 and 25 are subject to registering in the Selective Service System." bbm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perman...)#cite_note-15

All of above is IIRC, w no link, could be all wrong.
IMO the Washington Post reporter misunderstood what the Atty said. Other sources say he is a permanent resident. DW was a recruit in the Marine Corps for only a few weeks and discharged before earning his globe and eagle. He wouldn't qualify for naturalization there. Also to the extent he rebelled against rules and authority throughout his 15-year residency he was not likely to have followed the standard route to citizenship. Add to that, if he is a citizen, the laws for denaturalization are very restrictive and do not include DW's crimes unless he misrepresented himself in the immigration/citizenship process. JMO

I just want to remind everyone that the blog that attempts to take credit, on May 27th, for finding the link between the two addresses on 85th Ave/Lanham & New Carrollton, took this credit for this find THREE DAYS after the combined effort of three Websleuth members that resulted in this exact find. We generated the google maps showing the distance between the two addresses on May 24th! Then, one of the three of us called the find into MPD before NT ever posted this article. MPD was aware of the connection because a WS member called in the tip.

The NT "find" was not "an exclusive" bombshell!

I agree that what she said was weird. It was almost as if (IMO) she was knew ahead of time that there was going to be a cash delivery, but she just didn't know how much--or even think JW would necessarily know how much. She said "I wonder how much..." instead of "Holy smokes? What on earth are you doing with wads of cash? How much is there. Be careful!" (Or, something funny, like "I'll take some of that!") However, there is a chance there was more dialogue that was just not reported. Soooooooo much that is not reported.

Thank you Skigirl for posting the link to the SW and evidence collection log for JW's BMW! (post #1068 of previous thread)
I had seen the log before but hadn't really studied it. I found it interesting that two backpacks were recovered. An orange backpack on the front floor passenger side and a black backpack on the rear passenger seat. Most of JW's stuff (passport, checkbook, Mac, Go Pro, Mosler registration, etc) were recovered from the black backpack. From the log, there is nothing listed as having been inside the orange bag. Was it empty? I don't know why, but this is interesting to me. lol
Also, all the latent prints taken, especially from various parts of passenger side, wonder if they have those results? Does anyone think they have SS's prints to check against?

I just want to remind everyone that the blog that attempts to take credit, on May 27th, for finding the link between the two addresses on 85th Ave/Lanham & New Carrollton, took this credit for this find THREE DAYS after the combined effort of three Websleuth members that resulted in this exact find. We generated the google maps showing the distance between the two addresses on May 24th! Then one of the three of us called the find into MPD before NT ever posted this article. MPD was aware of the connection because a WS member called in the tip.

The NT "find" was not "an exclusive" bombshell!

That is an amazing find on WS's part!!

IIRC he was told the night before to meet the accountant so they probably discussed it. He is given the money sent a pic and she asked how much so he told her...

I agree that what she said was weird. It was almost as if (IMO) she was knew ahead of time that there was going to be a cash delivery, but she just didn't know how much--or even think JW would necessarily know how much. She said "I wonder how much..." instead of "Holy smokes? What on earth are you doing with wads of cash? How much is there. Be careful!" (Or, something funny, like "I'll take some of that!") However, there is a chance there was more dialogue that was just not reported. Soooooooo much that is not reported.
What is reported by the press comes from the good relationships and contacts that crime reporters develop with LE. There is a lot more that they cannot report because of limited sourcing or not fit for public consumption (gruesome.)

IIRC he was told the night before to meet the accountant so they probably discussed it. He is given the money sent a pic and she asked how much so he told her...

Hmmm. In the charging doc it says that JW stated that he was instructed to meet an employee at AIW to pick up a package. I guess SS could have told him that package was going to contain a lot of money. But has that been reported? It's something I've been wondering, but I might have missed it. Did JW know he was going to pick up money ahead of time? I had thought, based on what has been made public so far, the answer was no. But I could totally be wrong.

What is reported by the press comes from the good relationships and contacts that crime reporters develop with LE. There is a lot more that they cannot report because of limited sourcing or not fit for public consumption (gruesome.)

I know. I don't blame them for not reporting everything, especially if it could hinder the process of an investigation. When I was in journalism school we were taught you needed to confirm with three separate sources or you couldn't report it. Yikes. That was a long time ago.

Hmmm. In the charging doc it says that JW stated that he was instructed to meet an employee at AIW to pick up a package. I guess SS could have told him that package was going to contain a lot of money. But has that been reported? It's something I've been wondering, but I might have missed it. Did JW know he was going to pick up money ahead of time? I had thought, based on what has been made public so far, the answer was no. But I could totally be wrong.

I think you are correct. SS IMO told him he was to meet and receive cash for buying stuff for the new business. IMO he's going to impress on JW that it's money and that he needs it ASAP. No stopping for gas, no grabbing breakfast on the way. SS was depending on that money to save his life and the lives of three others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie