Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

You know I have spent a lot of time thinking this but not exactly how you are thinking. Have you ever seen the movie Hide and Seek? if not its about this little girl who lives with her dad and after her mom dies, the dad believes the girl is having a break down, because she is always talking about Charley this imaginary friend that plays with her but is very mean that no one else sees. They move away but the girl continues to get worse and these people start dieing. To make a long story short, Charley was her dad, he had split personalities and her dad didn't know he had splits, when he was "dad" he was normal dad who thought his daughter was having a break down after losing her mom, but actually Charley the dads other personality killed the mom after he caught her having an affair, but the little girl could not tell her dad because Charley would kill her and her dad (himself).
Anyway my theory was that they were going to say that Cindy is Zanny and Casey was protecting her family and that everything that Casey said is true.. That she would say that yes Cindy babysat Caylee and she is also the Zanny that KC speaks of in her texts and IM's. That everyone has been protecting Cindy including Casey, that they would claim Cindy has had mental problems for a long time and was seeing a Psychiatrist, that this is the family secret that they spoke about where Casey says she hasn't told anyone and so on... My mind has really put this whole thing together, but no I don't think that they will claim that Casey is MPD but that Cindy is, and Cindy is still playing the part with the I beleive Caylee is alive and her various personalities that we have seen.

Wowsers! That's an interesting approach. I'll have to think about that one!

I hope Baez doesn't get wind of this idea!

After working for years in behavioral health, and also talking frankly with several excellent psychiatrists that have been in the field 30+ years, we have all come to the conclusion that we have NEVER seen a legitimate case of Dissociative Personality Disorder formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder.

Off the record, they have indicated that it a diagnosis that was occasionally made years ago for (mostly) highly histrionic women often with borderline personality traits. This diagnosis afforded them secondary gains from their families, etc. because they were so "interesting". I.E. they wore the DPD tag proudly, often basking in the attention they received from it. There was a noticeable uptick in DPD diagnoses after the movie "Sybil" came out in 1976.

Sadly, many of the patients that were diagnosed years ago are now 20 to 30 years older, and so invested into their lifelong act that although it's utter silliness, they can't give up the charade now without looking foolish.

IMHO.

Totally agree! Thank you!

I don't think Casey has MPD. But the thought has crossed my mind several times that she may have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and so does Cindy.

A few symptoms:

* Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment
* A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
* Identity disturbance, such as a significant and persistent unstable self-image or sense of self
* Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
* Emotional instability due to significant reactivity of mood
* Chronic feelings of emptiness
* Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger
* Transient, stress-related paranoid thoughts or severe dissociative symptoms

I don't think KC suffers from MPD but along the same lines as logicalgirl's post above, I think KC might live in a world of 'shoulds'. Somewhere along the line she lost herself, her own essence. She may have been shamed or scolded too many times or who knows why. But we have seen CA's expectation for perfection and have gotten glimpses of how she lives with blinders on. KC was inventing herself to live up to her mother's expectations. KC watched how GA, her father, operated and took notes.

KC got into the habit of telling people what she thought made her look like a whole functioning person, the one her mother wanted her to be. No one really questioned her and she liked the elevated status her lies gave her even though deep down she knew she was a fraud. No one apparently questioned her so as time passed her make believe world was working for her and became her reality in a way. :waitasec:

I sense GA put forth much of the same posing but to a lesser degree. People looked past his bs too except his daughter knew the truth.

Great post! Totally agree.

Out of sheer boredom today, I went back and reread the first inverview of KC and Yuri and the interview at Universal....and I am beginning to think there is something very, very wrong with her mentally. Yes, I mean more than the pathological lying, narcissim, etc. I think KC will be a study for mental health professionals for a long, long time. Even so, I don't think her mental health issues will circumvent her being convicted of murdering her daughter. No way, no how.
But I do think it was a travesty of iustice that her bumbling idiot of a lawyer didn't plea this case in the very beginning. I think when the dust settles, he should be brought up on some sort of charges and disbarred. And you know what? I think Cindy will be just the one to do that when her daughter is sitting on death row.

BBM. Oh man - that would be just that last crazy twist in this insane tale!

I guess there is always the smallest possibility that Casey has multiple personality or just delusional, or traumatized or confused. But since she never showed up at Universal to try to work at her nonexistent job and had to be turned away, I find it impossible to accept that she believed her own lie!

IMO... She knew she was lying, but she didn't believe the detectives would take it that far, her parents never had, so she had no reason to believe the police would. She played it all the way to the door, before she finally broke down and told them she didn't work there... So, by that admission she wasn't delusional because she knew she didn't really work there.

I firmly believe she thought she could just tell them some *advertiser censored*'n bull story, and the police would run off and chase the nonexistent people she told them about, and if Caylee's body hadn't been found, IMO CA would still be hollering that they should be out there looking for a live Caylee. CA would still be collecting "sightings" from around the world, it would be like "Where's Waldo" only it would have been Caylee. I think then, ICA's chances of getting off Scott free, would have been FAR greater.

IMO... She knew she was lying, but she didn't believe the detectives would take it that far, her parents never had, so she had no reason to believe the police would. She played it all the way to the door, before she finally broke down and told them she didn't work there... So, by that admission she wasn't delusional because she knew she didn't really work there.

I firmly believe she thought she could just tell them some *advertiser censored*'n bull story, and the police would run off and chase the nonexistent people she told them about, and if Caylee's body hadn't been found, IMO CA would still be hollering that they should be out there looking for a live Caylee. CA would still be collecting "sightings" from around the world, it would be like "Where's Waldo" only it would have been Caylee. I think then, ICA's chances of getting off Scott free, would have been FAR greater.

Exactly. The suggestion that she believed her own lies is offensive to me.

IMO Casey is a narcissistic sociopath that just happens to also be a pathological liar....and not even a very good liar!

If she had MPD it would have been noticed by someone by now surely. I mean people would have come forward having known her as a different name/person at least. I just don't buy she has this. Isn't this what Roseanne Barr suffers from?

She is definitly NOT MPD/ speaking from experience here

After working for years in behavioral health, and also talking frankly with several excellent psychiatrists that have been in the field 30+ years, we have all come to the conclusion that we have NEVER seen a legitimate case of Dissociative Personality Disorder formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder.

Off the record, they have indicated that it a diagnosis that was occasionally made years ago for (mostly) highly histrionic women often with borderline personality traits. This diagnosis afforded them secondary gains from their families, etc. because they were so "interesting". I.E. they wore the DPD tag proudly, often basking in the attention they received from it. There was a noticeable uptick in DPD diagnoses after the movie "Sybil" came out in 1976.

Sadly, many of the patients that were diagnosed years ago are now 20 to 30 years older, and so invested into their lifelong act that although it's utter silliness, they can't give up the charade now without looking foolish.

IMHO.

I beg to differ, because I know I am diagnosed with it. It is a TRUE disorder, just Casey does not have it.

Discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Casey and family in a constructive way, please do so here.
thanks.:)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70260"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69987"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76453"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78735"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72749"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80287"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84153"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85681"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #8[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86156"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #9[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89819"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #10[/ame]

I'm not a psychiatrist, but from what I know and read about narcissistic personality disorder, IMO, I think that KC fits the criteria. I think that she is manipulates and lies to get what she wants. I think that she also has this "grandiose sense of self importance" and to me it appears obvious in the way that she has conducted herself with her family and friends, (i.e. lying about her jobs that she did not have). She has a strong sense of entitlement, as her attorney has asked for favorable treatment for her from the judge. She's exploitative of others and definitely lacks empathy.

I feel though that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" so to speak... as her mother has the same characteristics. IMO she was most likely raised by this strong type of personality (i.e. CA). However, as OLG has stated in a previous post and I agree with her, CA also has codependent characteristics. CA is very codependant on KC. She feels "compelled to help" KC solve her problems by offering unwanted advice about her case. She feels anxious and guilty over KC's problems (not about Caylee). It's like CA wonders why others aren't feeling the same way. That's why she became very angry with LE when she felt that their help wasn't effective for KC (not Caylee). It's a very sick relationship she has with KC. IMO, she has a narcissistic personality (as KC is an extension of herself) and codependant personality (she is enmeshed with KC).

Codependants are attracted to needy people, and IMO that's where GA comes in. He's a very needy person. He hasn't had a very stable work history in the past, depending on CA for support. IMO, it's not clear on where he stands with his feelings for justice for Caylee either, as a grandparent. In his interviews with LE, he tells of KC's lying and manipulations, the smell in the car, etc... but IMO becomes anxious and nervous to discuss these incidents in front of CA. He appears to be manipulated by CA, IMO.

Once again, I agree with OLG, I have thoughts about LA, but decline to elaborate.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but from what I know and read about narcissistic personality disorder, IMO, I think that KC fits the criteria. I think that she is manipulates and lies to get what she wants. I think that she also has this "grandiose sense of self importance" and to me it appears obvious in the way that she has conducted herself with her family and friends, (i.e. lying about her jobs that she did not have). She has a strong sense of entitlement, as her attorney has asked for favorable treatment for her from the judge. She's exploitative of others and definitely lacks empathy.

I feel though that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" so to speak... as her mother has the same characteristics. IMO she was most likely raised by this strong type of personality (i.e. CA). However, as OLG has stated in a previous post and I agree with her, CA also has codependent characteristics. CA is very codependant on KC. She feels "compelled to help" KC solve her problems by offering unwanted advice about her case. She feels anxious and quilty over KC's problems (not about Caylee.) It's like CA wonders why others aren't feeling the same way. That's why she became very angry with LE when she felt that their help wasn't effective for KC (not Caylee). It's a very sick relationship she has with KC. IMO, she has a narcissistic personality (as KC is an extension of herself) and codependant personality (she is enmeshed with KC).

Codependants are attracted to needy people, and IMO that's where GA comes in. He's a very needy person. He hasn't had a very stable work history in the past, depending on CA for support. IMO, it's not clear on where he stands with his feelings for justice for Caylee either, as a grandparent. In his interviews with LE, he tells of KC's lying and manipulations, the smell in the car, etc... but IMO becomes anxious and nervous to discuss these incidents in front of CA. He appears to be manipulated by CA, IMO.

Once again, I agree with OLG, I have thoughts about LA, but decline to elaborate.

BBM ~ Nicely put and the reason why it makes people (me anyway) wonder about what CA and/or GA have known from Day 1. That and other comments they have made along the way that have indicated preknowledge of KC's situation and their loss of Caylee.

I can only imagine how heartbroken my parents would have been if I had ever been charged with any felony let alone killing a family member or anyone else. If the evidence was such that it directly pointed at me and noone was coming up with a viable alternate explanation, I cannot imagine my parents going to the lengths the Anthony's have in defending my innocence. The A's only say that they don't want to loose another one. No concern about justice for Caylee or even that their grown child is capable of doing this terrible thing. So, if KC got out, without an alternative truth coming out (I agree it does not sound like there is one) what? Would they just skip these years and go on as if nothing had happened? Probably. Would KC then have another baby and ??????????

Please, please hurry up trial. It's time for this case to be presented - past time.

Didn't know where to put this so I started a thread.

I was going to respond to Logical, but the thread was closed because we were off topic. In order to preserve this topic and Amy H., I started this.

Logical,

I understand and do agree that the ultimate responsibility lies with KC and so does the law believe that - hence she is the one on trial.

But it is hard to overlook things that motivate people and I mean Cindy's defense of her daughter. It is clear to me and I believe it will be clear to a jury that KC committed the crime; however, we are looking at a sociopath and her mother labeled her as such.

If it were me in Cindy's shoes, I think it would be very hard for me to overlook the fact that KC was allowed to basically run free for years and years - stealing and lyng, etc.

We are all supposed to look out for the "children". All adults are. No one was looking out for Caylee - she was left with a sociopath, who I believe, ended up killing her.

I believe that Cindy denies her daughter's part in this crime because she knows she (Cindy) was not watching out for Caylee as she should have been and ultimately, the child was killed. The courts are not going to implicate Cindy in this death, but anyone who knows the case and speaks of it will, imo, find that Cindy was derelict as a grandparent who wanted the child to begin with and wanted her living with her and she did so, but she was derelict towards the end and Caylee paid with her life unfortunately.

Yes, she lied and tried to make people believe KC wasn't pregnant. Her behavior there and millions of other examples is to blame. She didn't help any that's for sure.

Yes, she lied and tried to make people believe KC wasn't pregnant. Her behavior there and millions of other examples is to blame. She didn't help any that's for sure.

And it is an important question, because if and when KC is found guilty, it is going to be an argument the defense will use, imo.

You know, I saw nothing wrong with CA giving ICA an ultimatum, to straighten up and fly right. CA must have seen things ICA did or didn't do with Caylee which brought her to "think" about taking custody of her grandchild.

After the last 911 call, in that call I heard a desperate grandmother, frantic not knowing where Caylee was and if she was okay. They both knew something was wrong with the smell of death in the vehicle. I thought, wow, Grandmother ain't playing games with her daughter, she wants her grandchild.

After ICA's first arrest (on a whim), all things changed soon after. She now is being contray, hostile and saying ICA was a good mother and lying doesn't make you a murderer nor is lying a crime....

This is when the about face happened and it angered the hell out of me to hear this loving grandmother now backing the daughter she deemed a pathological liar and sociopath.

Still no Caylee in sight. I think the only responsibility CA has is, she did not do everything possible to ensure her granddaughters safety. She and her "avoidance" tendencies allowed Caylee's demise at the hands of her own child. She should have marched herself down the family court and started proceedings for custody...That's her problem, she doesn't follow through with her threats...and ICA knows this....JMHO

I am so glad I was raised by a mother who cared, showed me there are consequences for my actions and I must accept those consequences if I did wrong. She instilled integrity, good work ethics, morality, compassion. You get respect when you give respect, never, ever do something that someone can hold over your head, if you lie, you will only bring shame/humiliation upon yourself. Be the best you can be and it will come back to you 10 fold...Thank you mom. Rest in Heaven and KNOW how much I miss and appreciate you for being YOU...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd