Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the defense is trying to confuse the jury. Nice try but the facts are the DNA found were 1 in billions or trillions that it belonged to foreign source. Furthermore, we know the car was washed and items thrown out and possible washing of shoes and coat.

But who knows. It might work for this jury. Baez did the same thing and it worked for 12 jurors in Florida. He had a flip charts and markers and all that new tech stuff <sarcasm>

Nah...doubt it would happen here. lol

I sure as hell hope not, but can't help being concerned about it.

RBBM: What the heck doess it mean then? If it doesn't come from sperm, why do they call it "sperm fraction" and where else could it come from? That makes no sense????

Salem

"the sperm cells are treated with some extra chemicals to help remove them from the substrate and also break them open. This is called a sperm fraction."

http://books.google.com/books?id=LnKN73kqZuoC&pg=PA68&lpg=PA68&dq=sperm+fraction&source=bl&ots=91MYRgIODu&sig=g3u10EPwanUFyvU45ywU3ncRZCw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ZviGT5OsM-e-8AGF2unDCA#v=onepage&q=sperm%20fraction&f=false

I had to look it up, because I sure didn't learn about that in biology class.

My thought is that there are traces of the something that isn't there showing that it was there.....

Salem

Well we know that Victoria was in that car for at least 21/2 hours. Amazing how they found no DNA of her presence there at all other than between the door and the frame. Not a hair. Must have been a good cleaning job.

MOO

I will be interested to hear the defense's view on the back seat. To me the evidence that there were pieces cut out and that the back seat was removed are very damning. Given TLM's testimony, that was likely to have a lot of evidence, and it is unclear why it would be cut up and removed just from cleanup if something didn't happen there.

He had months to get rid of evidence and yet still there's forensics. I just don't see how the jury will fall for this defense. IMO

Hope this jury is focused on the real facts of the case and not the defense's futile attempt at confusing the jury. He admitted MR helped cover up the crime scene. How did Tori get there? TLM doesn't drive!

AM980.ca &#8207; @AM980_Court
Another spot on the coat had three individuals DNA. Rafferty likely one of them.

McLean says it is possible no sperm or semen was on Tori's body. None was found, but not expected to be due to decomposition.

but wasn't the blood found inside the shoe?:maddening:

Was it? On the shoe, in the shoe... It's more likely that his shoe would have blood anywhere on it if it was at the crime scene when the crime was occurring I thought it was reported that Rafferty did not take his shoes off, but even if they were on, they could have gotten on the edge and gotten into the shoe.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine shifts focus to attempts to get DNA from Tori's body, McLean agrees that decomposition makes it difficult

"You can't tell us if Michael Rafferty had sex with Tori Stafford," Derstine says. McLean says she only tested for detection of fluids

RaffertyLFP: Derstine wraps up cross examination of McLean

McLean also agrees that DNA evidence doesn't prove Tori and Rafferty were in the car together at the same time. No more questions.

Well we know that Victoria was in that car for at least 21/2 hours. Amazing how they found no DNA of her presence there at all other than between the door and the frame. Not a hair. Must have been a good cleaning job.

MOO

And yet they found a sliver of car seat fabric that had been cut out. How good a cleaning job was it then that they found this, and precious little else? :banghead: :maddening:

Avery Moore &#8207; @AveryFreeFMNews
Having some Internet troubles in the courthouse. Will be back to tweeting momentarily.

Melanie LaBute is the next witness. Venne handles the questions.

She's 39. Worked at Staples in Woodstock in spring 2009.

And yet they found a sliver of car seat fabric that had been cut out. How good a cleaning job was it then that they found this, and precious little else? :banghead: :maddening:

It fell off the seat when he was removing it. Days after the shampoo deep clean.

MOO

Well gee Salem, that was clear as MUD! :waitasec: lol.

When the prosecutor said to "listen closely to the DNA evidence", he wasn't kidding. It's all so convoluted to a layperson and IMO sure doesn't prove anything, except that a tiny drop of blood on the door frame belonging to anyone other than Tori is astronomical odds. The location of said droplet is not in a place one would expect it to be, if it was deposited entering or exiting the vehicle.

Sure hope there's more evidence than what's been presented so far.

Jennifer McLean says 1 of the blonde hairs found on coat was tested, female DNA found. Wasn't Tori's or Terri-Lynne McClintic's.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine shifts focus to attempts to get DNA from Tori's body, McLean agrees that decomposition makes it difficult

"You can't tell us if Michael Rafferty had sex with Tori Stafford," Derstine says. McLean says she only tested for detection of fluids

RaffertyLFP: Derstine wraps up cross examination of McLean

Ummm...Derstine.....she's the scientist not the Medical Examiner. I wish McLean would've answered it that way. Canadians are too polite. lol

RaffertyLFP: The next witness is another former girlfriend of Michael Rafferty. She worked at Staples in Woodstock - He was a customer and chatted her up

She met Rafferty at Staples. Asked her if she knew any good places to eat in Woodstock (he was new to town). They exchanged numbers

Defence done with McLean. She is excused. Melanie LaButte called. She met #Rafferty in a Staples. Said she would show him around Woodstock.

She offered to show him around town in March 09 (when try met).

On a Friday night, he asked if she had plans. She offered meeting friends with him at Crabby Joe's.

She didn't want to meet him alone, she says.

Good lord, more girlfriends? Didn't he just move back to Woodstock at the beginning of the year? Is this number 6 or 7 within a 4 month period? :waitasec:

MOO

Was it? On the shoe, in the shoe... It's more likely that his shoe would have blood anywhere on it if it was at the crime scene when the crime was occurring I thought it was reported that Rafferty did not take his shoes off, but even if they were on, they could have gotten on the edge and gotten into the shoe.

The shoes were likely in the bag .If there was blood in the bag possibly the bag was unzippered. He was not wearing the shoes. Didn't he loan them to TLM to wear? MMO

RaffertyLFP: They exhanged phone numbers and later in the week they met at a Crabby Joes in Woodstock this was March 2009

Rafferty "wasn't a big drinker" LaBute says. They weren't there for long. Left Crabby's around midnight.

Rafferty drove her home. They talked in his car. Made plans to meet up for breakfast the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong