Penn State Sandusky Trial #12 (GUILTY-post verdict discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the JoePa supporters/fans/family have won a round. According to ESPN the statue stays! PSU doesn't want to upset or offend JoePa's fans. Seriously. I get not wanting to remove it completely... despite the vile disgusting nature of what he did(and didn't do!!!!) Joe Paterno did good things(a lot of good things) but that statue needs to be moved somewhere else at the very least. I find it incredibly offensive that his fans/supporters get more consideration than the victims. Even to this day. For me, it shows Penn State isn't even close to taking full responsibility. They still cowtow to Paterno. That football program needs to be shutdown.

Ugh.

From link below:

But, sources close to the board of trustees tell ESPN that, for now, there are no plans to remove the statue.

“You can’t let people stampede you into making a rash decision,” a trustee told ESPN. “The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn’t represent the bad that he did.”

http://otrsportsonline.com/2012/07/15/penn-state-to-let-paterno-statue-stay-are-you-serious/

Oh, okay. Excellent logic.

That's why there are all those statues of Mussolini still standing around Italy. Because they represent all the good he did, making the trains run on time.

They think the outrage will die down and things will go back to normal again. Vile people.

Joe Paterno's complicated legacy needs to be rewritten after Freeh report

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/joe_paternos_complicated_legac.html#incart_hbx

..........Joe Paterno won two national championships.

Joe Paterno raised billions of dollars for the university, expanded the library and saved the humanities program.

Joe Paterno knew Jerry Sandusky showered with little boys in Penn State’s locker room.

Joe Paterno knew Jerry Sandusky ran a children’s charity — and yet the coach still promoted that charity as a place that helped boys............

Joe Paterno said he wished he had done more.

Joe Paterno gave one final interview. Did he know about 1998? Did he influence how the 2001 case was handled?

He knew he was dying. He knew they would be his last public words. Legacy time.

Joe Paterno lied.........

It was mentioned on our local news tuition will be going up at PSU.
Personally we wanted our grandson to go there 4 years ago, but he picked another smaller university.
Now he will graduate from med school in 3 more years.
My point is, how many people will send their children there now with all the bad publicity and higher tuition?
I feel so bad for the good people.
Sandusky/Paterno names will always be linked together .........and in a bad way. JMOO

I don't think this has been posted, if it has I'm sorry for the repeat.
a CNN article about Vicky Triponey

Lots of interesting tidbits
I wasn't part of the evidence. I was confirmation of the evidence," Triponey told CNN

Talking about her interview for the job
She also heard the expression "the Penn State way" for the first time that weekend. Had she understood its significance, she said, she would have "quickly run in the other direction."

It was mentioned on our local news tuition will be going up at PSU.
Personally we wanted our grandson to go there 4 years ago, but he picked another smaller university.
Now he will graduate from med school in 3 more years.
My point is, how many people will send their children there now with all the bad publicity and higher tuition?
I feel so bad for the good people.
Sandusky/Paterno names will always be linked together .........and in a bad way. JMOO
There will be close to 100,000 students attending Penn State next year. Applications to attend PSU are up 2.5% from last year. Penn State is more than Sandusky and 4 spineless disgusting men.
-Penn State is rated in the top 1 percent of higher education institutions worldwide.
-In 2012, Penn State University was ranked #12 by U.S. News & World Report in its “Top Public Schools” list.
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandr...ges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/penn_state_president_rodney_er_10.html

Dissension in Unhappy Valley

Sources: PSU trustees left furious

Away from the cameras last week in Scranton, Pa., however, the trustees spoke openly about their colleagues most deserving of the blame for the stunning breakdown in governance, two trustees engaged in the discussions and a person briefed on the discussions told "Outside the Lines." They also wondered whether at least some among their ranks should resign, the sources said.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...stees-pressed-ex-chairman-steve-garban-resign

This slimmy, smelly Penna State saga and the report released this past week, is really sticking in my mind, without me even being aware of it.

Tonight, we drove through the Arizona State University campus and passed behind the football stadium. Just seeing the word Stadium on the sign gave me a chill. And then I realized why.

In 1980 Penn State played Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, which at that time was played at Sun Devil Stadium on the ASU campus. At the time, I was engaged to a coach (not football) for ASU. During the week before the game, while he was on campus on day, my fiance stopped by the stadium where the Penn State team was gathering for photos. He knew that I had gone to high school with Jerry Sandusky and graduated in the same class with him. He sought Jerry out and had a short conversation with him about me. Jerry took a program from my boyfriend and wrote a short note saying hi and hoping I was going to see the bowl game.

My boyfriend gave me the note from Jerry. I thought that was pretty nice that he even remembered me from our 1962 h.s. graduation. Later in the week as the game approached, my fiance and I had a discussion about the game. Yes, we were going to the game. And, we were taking my son along who would be 14 that coming year.

Knowing how exciting the bowl game was going to be with two top teams, my boyfriend suggested we get a hold of Jerry at the hotel in Scottsdale where Penn State players and staff were staying and see if Jerry could possibly get my son a seat down on the field on the sidelines near the Penn State bench. I thought it was a great idea. I knew it would absolutely thrill my son. But wanted to keep that idea a surprise for him until game day.

However we both got busy and kind of put the idea a side and never did try to reach Jerry in the time before the game.

Until tonight, when I glanced at the stadium, I had completely forgotten about that idea we had way back then. So tonight, 32 years later, I have an absolutely sickening feeling recalling what might have been.

There's no proof, so far, that in 1980 Jerry was abusing young preteen boys. But I have to say that it had to have started sometime. Maybe we will never know when. But I am writing this now, as you suspect, with tears in my eyes.

This is all so ugly.

just my O

There's no proof, so far, that in 1980 Jerry was abusing young preteen boys. But I have to say that it had to have started sometime. Maybe we will never know when. But I am writing this now, as you suspect, with tears in my eyes.

This is all so ugly.

just my O

There are allegations of it now: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/jerry_sandusky_case_three_men.html :(

In 1974, I turned 12. Sandusky would have turned 30. That is not a comforting thought.

Freeh's report was hired by PSU Trustees and limited in its reach. But apparently there are citizens out there who know of other Sandusky offenses, and are waiting for local law enforcement, or PSU, or somebody to connect the dots. I hope it will dawn on them that they need to take the initiative.

"Throughout western Pennsylvania, police fielded reports or held meetings with hurt parents....

There was far more abuse happening under Sandusky off campus than in the locker rooms at Penn State. Did any police group contact Penn State officials?"

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/07/15/3261667/help-those-who-are-suffering.html#storylink=cpy

According to Vinnie Politan on In Session 3 more men have told police that they were assaulted by Sandusky in the early 70's. Vinnie goes on to remind viewers that Amendola pointed out in court that a person doesn't become a pedphfile in his 50's....guess he was right....Sandusky would have been in his 20's.

How many more will speak out?

Re: the new shower rule - I'm finding it hard to believe they are just NOW putting this rule into place!

I can think of a lot of other times it should have been done - i.e. 1998, 2001, November 2011 and every day since then!

They can remodel that facility all they want but it doesn't change what happened in the past. In fact, it seems almost symbolic of how everything has been handled: remodel, rearrange, retool, and most of all - covering up the old with the new. Maybe they should consider taking that remodeling money and putting it into a fund for abused children.

According to Vinnie Politan on In Session 3 more men have told police that they were assaulted by Sandusky in the early 70's. Vinnie goes on to remind viewers that Amendola pointed out in court that a person doesn't become a pedphfile in his 50's....guess he was right....Sandusky would have been in his 20's.

How many more will speak out?

I bet there was a line shortly after the verdict was read.

I think they are going to go back and back and back with Jer and find a number of boys. He had a pretty solid M.O.

I bet there was a line shortly after the verdict was read.

I think they are going to go back and back and back with Jer and find a number of boys. He had a pretty solid M.O.

My first thought in all of this is - Dottie had to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow