UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I missed this, so there was a WET SPOT on a rug? and 2 fans left on to dry it?
HINKY meter just went off the chart now!

Yup. Im sure LE tested that spot on the rug and checking his car. Poor kids. Hope they find her soon...

West Valley City — The case of a missing stockbroker who left her purse, cellphone and car at home several days ago is suspicious, Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said. Susan Powell, 28, failed to show up at her job at Wells Fargo Financial on Monday. The Salt Lake Tribune reported her husband, Joshua Powell, also had been missing from work but later returned home.

http://www.usatoday.com/NEWS/usaedition/2009-12-11-states11_ST_U.htm?csp=34

Bet he thought he would come home and report her missing, but her family beat him to the punch!
and it's the holidays............why during the holidays???

I think this is important to this case. Her sister reported them missing, and I would bet this is something he didn't think would happen before he came back home.

Susan and her sister must be very close for her to call and make a report after 1 day. Did she hear from someone that Susan works with that she didn't show up for work on Monday? Did she try to call Josh's cell phone along with her sister's? It seems apparent that her sister felt something was really amiss to call and report this so soon as a missing person. Did she know a lot of Susan's marriage that was going wrong that she was immediately suspicious to call LE and report this?

Just thinking out loud.........

I think this is important to this case. Her sister reported them missing, and I would bet this is something he didn't think would happen before he came back home.

Susan and her sister must be very close for her to call and make a report after 1 day. Did she hear from someone that Susan works with that she didn't show up for work on Monday? Did she try to call Josh's cell phone along with her sister's? It seems apparent that her sister felt something was really amiss to call and report this so soon as a missing person. Did she know a lot of Susan's marriage that was going wrong that she was immediately suspicious to call LE and report this?

Just thinking out loud.........

Exactly how I am thinking..........

Half an hour or so ago I saw an article at KSL where LE names Josh as a person of interest. It talked about how they took cadaver dogs out to the campsite but found nothing. I came back here to post it and the below article is in it's place now. ETA: there was also a mention that LE was going to attempt to conduct a third interview on Friday.

Father hopes for safe return of daughter, but knows time is running out

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8997206

Husband in a hurry to leave house forgets his cell phone at house...........
hmmmmmmmm, bad winter weather and 2 tiny children.............
doesn't make sense, does it?
Should be first thing on list!

Josh told police Susan went to bed Sunday night, and he took their two young boys -- ages 1 and 4 -- camping in Utah's West Desert along the Pony Express trail, in an area called Simpson Springs.

In the above article they are saying boys are 1 and 4 instead of 2 and 4.
That's worse! Bottles? diapers?
and I doubt if he would take her to camp.
If he did something with her she was dumped early.
He would know about decomp, DNA, fluids etc...........
I bet he never was at camp! unless a VERY SHORT stay for an alibi........JMOO

Just like Drew Peterson he is not out hunting for her.

Just like Drew Peterson he doesn't have to hunt for her because he knows where she is...Just like Drew Peterson, he killed her. jmo of course

She's little......5'4" and 130 lbs...........how big is the husband?
Did anyone see the house? the layout?
Did I read correct, LE took 2 fans out? ceiling type? wierd.......
blood splatter? why 2 fans??? It's cold???

Appears to me he was a bit of a pipsqueak. But then, little guys are the worst when it comes to proving their manhood. Seriously, check out AMW: they are almost always 'little guys.' Watch it, and tell me. 90% are 5'8", and under.

Back to the point--knowing what I now know about the fans...an even worse outcome. The sooner, the better. Let her family put her to rest, no custody ordeals, etc. This is one case that there is NO benefit of the doubt. Does anyone really disagree?

So he goes camping so he can do smores in the morning..... How often does he do this without calling in to work to let them know he won't be there? Or calling the daycare to let them know the kids won't be coming that day?

Salem

When I asked earlier if they were Mormons it was just to get a idea of the family life. Mormons tend to have lots of family and friends and church involvement and certain rituals.

Sundays are so important in a Mormons life it is nonsense to believe he got mixed up on the day.

Marriage counseling would have been through the church probably.

Good practicing Mormons keep journals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members