What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In an interview with ABC News, expert and veteran state attorney Angela Corey says that although Martin was only 17-years old in life, his stature (6-3, 150 pounds) could qualify him as an adult in the courts. In turn, this may make his killer George Zimmerman's self defense claim more valid, and could see the state of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law work in his favor."
LINK

I used to have the ABC interview bookmarked and now it's not coming up. I remember watching the interview. JMO (in case I can't find the video)

omg...for real!?!?

This POV always makes me shake my head. If the bag is EMPTY what happened to it. Did the dope get up and dance away. lol If one of my kids got busted with a full bag they'd be in a world of hurt, but MIGHT be able to convince me they hadn't used or dealt yet (doubtful, but possible for a first time offense at their tender ages). You show me a pipe and an EMPTY baggie, well, there's really not much question what you did with it. You either smoked it or dealt it. And tweets looking for some plant aren't helping your cause any. Assuming the 'rents ever accessed the tweets.

Most likely nothing to do with the case, but it would explain a long walk outside.
I understand that he might have smoked the pot, shared it with his friends etc. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. He did violate the school rules and received a suspension. Hardly a hard core criminal. I don't agree with what he did. Period. But, it has NOTHING to do with this case, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread. JMO

I understand that he might have smoked the pot, shared it with his friends etc. doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. He did violate the school rules and received a suspension. Hardly a hard core criminal. I don't agree with what he did. Period. But, it has NOTHING to do with this case, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread. JMO

Yes, it does. imo. I think it shows that he makes some poor choices. Very few 17 yr olds bring their pot pipes and empty baggies onto the campus. They all know the hazards of doing so. Imo, it shows that he has poor impulse control and makes some bad choices. And that can mean that he made similar poor choices that very evening. imo If anyone says that he would never swing on anyone, or make a rash decision, then those suspensions may show otherwise.

As I've said before, imo, it has to do with a teen not on the right path. Idk whether it has anything to do with the case or not, but there's really no reason to hide or deny it, either. Trayvon was who he was, and George was who he was, and whitewashing it isn't doing anyone any favors, imo. Seriously, think about it, if Trayvon was outside poking smot, that would explain why he wasn't going right home without making him guilty of anything all that serious. I've thought of that as an explanation a bunch of times but hesitated to post it for fear of "bashing the victim". He was an unangelic teen, imo, as were many of us. My opinion is acknowledge it and move on.

But just for the record, "sharing" dope with your friends is a "mom enabler" euphemism for dealing. If my kid is "sharing" dope with his friends, he's sharing his butt with my foot and then some.

Just as shoving an undercover cop, resulting in a dismissed charge, does not equate to a "hard core criminal".

Sometimes talking about one aspect of the evidence turns into a discussion about he opposing counsel's evidence. Jumping back and forth between threads to do so doesn't always make sense. It's been quite a civil and informative conversation tonight. JMO

Yes, it does. imo. I think it shows that he makes some poor choices. Very few 17 yr olds bring their pot pipes and empty baggies onto the campus. They all know the hazards of doing so. Imo, it shows that he has poor impulse control and makes some bad choices. And that can mean that he made similar poor choices that very evening. imo If anyone says that he would never swing on anyone, or make a rash decision, then those suspensions may show otherwise.

Show me a 17 year old who makes all the right choices. Trayvon was never charged with a crime. Nice job of trying to make the victim look like a criminal. He is not. Trayvon was known for being very kind and soft spoken, no history of violence. GZ was known for being violent, a criminal who doesn't follow orders. He's a 28 year old grown man, there is a difference. I realize he hasn't been held accountable his entire life, but it's about time he learns a lesson. Maybe if his parents would have done something when he was 17, Trayvon would still be alive.

BTW, wouldn't the bashing of Trayvon, bringing up his past suspensions etc, be better off in the defense thread? I highly doubt the prosecution with be using Trayvon's school records, against Trayvon. ::what:

Just as shoving an undercover cop, resulting in a dismissed charge, does not equate to a "hard core criminal".

Sometimes talking about one aspect of the evidence turns into a discussion about he opposing counsel's evidence. Jumping back and forth between threads to do so doesn't always make sense. It's been quite a civil and informative conversation tonight. JMO

GZ had more of a record than that. Not every thread has to turn into what Trayvon did when he was 17, his past, his girlfriend, blah blah. JMO

I'm always civil.

Not sure how we ended up with trayvon outside smoking pot before he was killed.

GZ had more of a record than that. Not every thread has to turn into what Trayvon did when he was 17, his past, his girlfriend, blah blah. JMO
What other record did GZ have that would be brought up as part of the prosecution's evidence? A restraining order is a civil matter, not criminal. He never violated the order, which, IIRC, would be criminal. He was not charged with anything in that case. A mutual judgement was ordered. JMO

At least he isn't stealing jewelry during his visit this time. I don't know if I should laugh or cry....

JMO, but the prosecution will likely continue to contend that GZ profiled TM, saying he looked like he was up to no good, "on drugs or something". At that point, it would stand to reason that MO'M will not fold his hands and allow that line of reasoning to go uncontested. IMO, he would likely bring up the fact that TM had smoked pot before, as his school records would show, and could have been smoking outside that night. We won't know that until the autopsy report comes back, but for the sake of argument, it could come in.

Hard to talk about the prosecution evidence without talking about how the other side might address it or object. JMO

So that's how it happened :)

I guess this could be my post. I speculated that he might have been because he's previously been caught at school with an empty pot baggie and a pipe. I'll leave the tweets out of it because, although I know some have been printed in msm, I'm not sure if those relevant to this issue have been.

Personally, I don't think it's wild speculation that a kid who has had pot and/or related paraphernalia in his possession might be smoking outdoors while stuck at his dad's gf's house bored to tears and with nothing else to do. Nor do I really care. As I said, to me, it's an indication of a kid on the wrong path. Not a kid who was irredeemable or who deserved to be killed. jmo

Show me a 17 year old who makes all the right choices. Trayvon was never charged with a crime. Nice job of trying to make the victim look like a criminal. He is not. Trayvon was known for being very kind and soft spoken, no history of violence. GZ was known for being violent, a criminal who doesn't follow orders. He's a 28 year old grown man, there is a difference. I realize he hasn't been held accountable his entire life, but it's about time he learns a lesson. Maybe if his parents would have done something when he was 17, Trayvon would still be alive.

BTW, wouldn't the bashing of Trayvon, bringing up his past suspensions etc, be better off in the defense thread? I highly doubt the prosecution with be using Trayvon's school records, against Trayvon. ::what:

I am not trying to make him look like a criminal.
And of course 17 yr olds don't make all of the right choices. And that is exactly why I am on the fence here. I think it is possible that he exacerbated the situation accidentally, by making some poor choices himself.

Just because everyone dislikes GZ so much, that does not mean he is automatically guilty of premeditated murder. There may have been extenuating circumstances that helped create the tragic killing.

There is absolutely zero evidence that Trayvon was smoking pot while walking home, the night he was killed. ZERO! No pipe, no empty baggie, nothing.

Is it really fair to make up wild accusations without a shred of evidence, against a VICTIM??

Not in my opinion. :banghead:

I am not trying to make him look like a criminal.
And of course 17 yr olds don't make all of the right choices. And that is exactly why I am on the fence here. I think it is possible that he exacerbated the situation accidentally, by making some poor choices himself.

Just because everyone dislikes GZ so much, that does not mean he is automatically guilty of premeditated murder. There may have been extenuating circumstances that helped create the tragic killing.
I never said that GZ is automatically guilty of premeditated murder.

We KNOW GZ has made a life time of poor choices, including the night he killed Trayvon. We do not know that Trayvon did anything wrong that evening. I might change my mind when the evidence is released, but I'm thinking the State wouldn't be charging GZ with murder if they didn't have evidence.

JMO

There is absolutely zero evidence that Trayvon was smoking pot while walking home, the night he was killed. ZERO! No pipe, no empty baggie, nothing.

Is it really fair to make up wild accusations without a shred of evidence, against a VICTIM??

Good grief. No one's accusing him of blowing up kittens. It looks like he smoked pot sometimes since he had those items in his possession. Everyone knows you don't need a baggy or a pipe to smoke. Dang, more than half of the people in my state (maybe the country) think smoking should be legal. Why all the drama? I don't get it.

eta: and some are saying he was drug tested, so maybe we'll know soon enough anyway.

Can you move over a bit, I think I'd like to share that wall with you.

Repeat after me, "the doc dump is coming, the doc dump is coming....."

omg...for real!?!?

Yeah! Can we research this? I took the information over to the defense thread. I find this fascinating. Wish I could find the actual interview. ABC and their vanishing videos!

Good grief. No one's accusing him of blowing up kittens. It looks like he smoked pot sometimes since he had those items in his possession. Everyone knows you don't need a baggy or a pipe to smoke. Dang, more than half of the people in my state (maybe the country) think smoking should be legal. Why all the drama? I don't get it.

eta: and some are saying he was drug tested, so maybe we'll know soon enough anyway.
Wow. I think you took it very wrong. My point was him smoking pot, if he did, we only know he had an empty bag and pipe at school, not on the night he was killed, has ZERO to do with this case. Funny how it was being used against Trayvon earlier, and now you compare it to blowing up kittens. Our timing is clearly off.

Regardless, none of it has to do with the night he was killed by GZ. Nada, zip.

Again, I don't think any of this has to do with the prosecution has or will use at trial.

I never said that GZ is automatically guilty of premeditated murder.

We KNOW GZ has made a life time of poor choices, including the night he killed Trayvon. We do not know that Trayvon did anything wrong that evening. I might change my mind when the evidence is released, but I'm thinking the State wouldn't be charging GZ with murder if they didn't have evidence.

JMO

I agree that GZ made terrible choices that night. I have always said here, since day one, that I think he is guilty of manslaughter at the very least, because he set the wheels in motion by his horrid decisions. I agree he made awful choices.

But I think it is possible that he was caught up in a perfect storm of circumstances that made him act the way he did, out of wrong assumptions. And possibly they both ended up fighting each other in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff