trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
What surprises me is that ALV did not set the stage for why JA went INTO the relationship with Travis. I was expecting her to say all the prior abuse made her not realize what was happening with Travis. Yet we heard nothing about her folks or the previous boyfriends.
Someone with experience here may correct me, but isn't 5 months a pretty short period of time to go from zero to murder?
Also, she was not living with him or dependent on him financially - doesn't that make any difference?
It seems to me she had options, and simply choose not to take them.

I think a lot of us here reject the premise that this dating "relationship" between them could even come close to being defined as "domestic". I've said it before...no marriage, no kids, no engagement, no co-habitation...so how is it domestic?

Apparently JA's definition of a relationship is a guy who wants to marry her within the first 5 minutes of meeting her.

she did say in yesterdays testimony that she (AVL) was confused by JA asking TA about the status of their relationship[ when he had given her permission to date other people.
Certainly doesn't fit the mold.

OK, Jodi called her mother, whom she "loves" but doesn't have a good relationship with, to help her move back to Yreka.

This is not how it's done in the Mormon community, especially for a single woman. You call the bishop and ask if the elders quorum can help you load. You have everything packed up and they come and load it for you. Then you drive and the elders quorum at the new ward help you unload. I moved this way many times.

If she were an active member, she would know this because she would be receiving calls to help people unpack/move and would know that people coming in were using Travis and his friends' help to unload trucks.

Her being unwilling to do this tells me that she was not considered an active member and it supports my theory that she was being shunned due to word getting around that she was a dangerous stalker.

It should read: Expert for Hire, Willing to Defend Perpetrators for $$$.
Snipped by me.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that!

JA distanced herself IMO from being a Mormon in her interview with Det Flores. She even made a comment something along the lines of being religious of sorts.

Please oh please do let let my kids know slavery has been outlawed. I will never get them to unload the dishwasher ever again if they knew. :please:

Not slavery at all to make them do chores. You are the one footing all their bills.

(As always I'm about three threads behind but not wanting to miss any comments from you wise and wonderful 'sleuthers.)

One thing I'm noticing about ALV's testimony is that Jodi is always faultless, always impeccable, never makes a wrong move, does everything perfectly. Jodi is always cheerful and kind and obedient and hopeful and optimistic and forgiving and willing to suffer endlessly and and and.

Travis, of course, does one monstrous thing after another, for each of which Saint Jodi is willing to most graciously forgive him.

I've lost all respect for ALV. There is no critical thinking at all. Doesn't it ever occur to her that in this Gospel According to Jodi, the world and all its inhabitants are always and forever doing her wrong in some way or another? Doesn't she look at this person's history at all? Does it not occur to her that maybe this theme is preposterous - the man is a monster, but the woman, perfection and beauty itself, is always willing to lovingly forgive him for the multitude of wrongs and horrors he endlessly visits upon her. Ridiculous tripe.

The straw that broke this camel's back is when she is giving testimony about how something-or-other JA and TA's travel plans had to be cut back, in part because he was having financial difficulties. According to ALV, Saint Jodi of the Great Desert was already getting some distance about the relationship and starting to realize that it was never going to be what she hoped.

Yeah, right. Jodi was planning on snagging a rich husband. When Travis waivered in that regard and she saw that he might not represent that life of luxury she was counting on, she started re-evaluating the relationship. Nice spin, Ms Laviolette, to call it "beginning to realize the relationship would not be what Jodi had hoped for." Outrageous. It's just outrageous.

It does not help her integrity at all that she is stating all of this about a relationship that didn't even last six months, where the poor pitiful ever-suffering saintly abuse victim lived 1,000+ miles away and had no children or property or even friends in common with the so-called monstrous abuser. Outrageous. It's a sharp slap in the face to every person who is genuinely a victim of domestic abuse.

When she reports that "Jodi saw Travis with another woman in his living room," why doesn't she clarify that the reason Jodi saw this was that she was spying through his window? When she says "Jodi had access to his Facebook," why doesn't she clarify that the reason Jodi had access was because she hacked his accounts?

As with so many other absurdities, I don't understand how things work in Arizona and why the court allows this utter and complete drivel. I hope Juan Martinez rips her testimony to shreds and puts it in the trash where it belongs.

/end rant, thanks for letting me vent

"Journal Article" again. sheesh...and the note to my wife on the fridge is a "Treatise" on my journey to go get dinner.

The only journal articles Jodi wrote were the, a, an and the like... I went out for dinner so I am waaaaayyyyy behind reading, hope to find good stuff ahead.

Sorry to shift gears a bit here but I had no idea that there was a picture of Travis as a young boy with his father in which he was wearing Spiderman underwear. Are you kidding me??? How is it that JM was not able to introduce this picture into the trial somehow by asking JA if that was the picture of Travis as a young boy that she saw? Can he still do it after this recent testimony in which ALV repeated that information? She talks about Travis in terms of young boys and spiderman underwear and this picture exists?

Do you think this jury is smart enough to understand the connections JA is making with her "story" even though they don't know the half of what we know?

MOO

And they didn't make her come home. They we're still liable for her till she was eighteen, but let her go off and live with a vampire and his grandparents.

Easy to say if you've never had a problem child. MAKE don't always work.

So, let me see if I can kind of pull a portion of some of this morning's "stand out" testiphony into something I can understand:

JA moved to Mesa because...uh...I'm still not clear on that. Neither was ALV.

Jodi went home for Christmas. TA was supposed to show up there in a Jerry Maguire moment with a RING. He didn't. In fact, he didn't get her ANYTHING. This caused her great distress and turned into an "incident."

He tried to make it up to her because, well, he was nicer than any ex-boyfriend I EVER had, and bought her a hymnal, a sweater, and other nice gifts. (ALV wants ME to believe this appeased her. She also wants me to believe JA wasn't jealous of other women TA was interested in.)

#1 on Jodi's "To Do" list for 2008 was "getting married." (She put that in writing. Writing is significant with this "law of attraction" thing, which says, in Jodi's world, "Write it down and it will be so!" Only TA was not cooperating.)

JA had marriage on the brain. And she only wanted to marry one person: Travis Alexander.

Travis had marriage on the brain, too, only there was one person he WASN'T going to marry: Jodi. And I believe he told her this over. And over. And OVER. With actions and with words. :twocents:

I think a lot of us here reject the premise that this dating "relationship" between them could even come close to being defined as "domestic". I've said it before...no marriage, no kids, no engagement, no co-habitation...so how is it domestic?

Exactly!

Seriously I hope one of these reporters (like Beth) finds out what she was /is so ill with it would hold up a trial of this $$$$magnitude$$$$.

She covers it up very well...right up to the time she asks for a break. How did she know she wouldn't recover, or at least try, over the 90 min lunch hour? Hour and a half? something's not right here.

Exactly! The long lunch break is enough time to get her to a clinic, whack an IV in her arm and pump her full of fluids or give her whatever she needs. I did not see projectiles, nor her head spinning as chunks were flying .

Our Juan may have a little surprise for ALV..... she really WILL have something to be nervous about.:what:

Maybe ALV is just sick of talking about Jodi. Jodi, Jodi, Jodi......everything is about Jodi. lol

That's what I've been saying too. It's obvious that she has no use for other peoples' research, ideas or input. She has stopped progressing and stopped learning. Her world is a closed loop - she knows all she needs to know. She should NOT be licensed. She's not exhibiting any kind of expertise, only commentary and opinion.

Absolutely NO professional would feel comfortable analyzing their relationship the way she is. It's scary to think she conjures up treatments for people.
BBM
I agree with you - nice post! What is she licensed for? I missed it. TIA
Please don't tell me it's as a marriage/family counselor (note the word "counselor")!

FANTASTIC RANT and SPOT ON - Every word! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

(As always I'm about three threads behind but not wanting to miss any comments from you wise and wonderful 'sleuthers.)

One thing I'm noticing about ALV's testimony is that Jodi is always faultless, always impeccable, never makes a wrong move, does everything perfectly. Jodi is always cheerful and kind and obedient and hopeful and optimistic and forgiving and willing to suffer endlessly and and and.

Travis, of course, does one monstrous thing after another, for each of which Saint Jodi is willing to most graciously forgive him.

I've lost all respect for ALV. There is no critical thinking at all. Doesn't it ever occur to her that in this Gospel According to Jodi, the world and all its inhabitants are always and forever doing her wrong in some way or another? Doesn't she look at this person's history at all? Does it not occur to her that maybe this theme is preposterous - the man is a monster, but the woman, perfection and beauty itself, is always willing to lovingly forgive him for the multitude of wrongs and horrors he endlessly visits upon her. Ridiculous tripe.

The straw that broke this camel's back is when she is giving testimony about how something-or-other JA and TA's travel plans had to be cut back, in part because he was having financial difficulties. According to ALV, Saint Jodi of the Great Desert was already getting some distance about the relationship and starting to realize that it was never going to be what she hoped.

Yeah, right. Jodi was planning on snagging a rich husband. When Travis waivered in that regard and she saw that he might not represent that life of luxury she was counting on, she started re-evaluating the relationship. Nice spin, Ms Laviolette, to call it "beginning to realize the relationship would not be what Jodi had hoped for." Outrageous. It's just outrageous.

It does not help her integrity at all that she is stating all of this about a relationship that didn't even last six months, where the poor pitiful ever-suffering saintly abuse victim lived 1,000+ miles away and had no children or property or even friends in common with the so-called monstrous abuser. Outrageous. It's a sharp slap in the face to every person who is genuinely a victim of domestic abuse.

When she reports that "Jodi saw Travis with another woman in his living room," why doesn't she clarify that the reason Jodi saw this was that she was spying through his window? When she says "Jodi had access to his Facebook," why doesn't she clarify that the reason Jodi had access was because she hacked his accounts?

As with so many other absurdities, I don't understand how things work in Arizona and why the court allows this utter and complete drivel. I hope Juan Martinez rips her testimony to shreds and puts it in the trash where it belongs.

/end rant, thanks for letting me vent

ALV is still yammering away on HLN and Il see no sign of sickness or discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member