jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has happened to me by my psycho ex and the only reason I am alive is because someone happened along and scared him off after i had lost consciousness. Three things I remember...his angry, twisted face, what he was saying to me over and over and then everything going black. I had no bruises or lingering marks. jmo

I am so sorry, and I completely understand. It happened to me as well. You don't just wilt and "things go grey", then come to and have make-up sex, or whatever her tale was.
There is panic, and primal fight, you are shaken to the core for a while after, etc., etc., ETC.
When I came to he was gone, and I went to my neighbors and the police were called, pics taken, an arrest made later. You cannot hide these bruises with make-up unless I imagine it was undertakers make-up… I wore a scarf.
Thank you for sharing… really.

My brain refuses to work after 5 hours of listening to Jodi Arias.

It refuses to move out of neutral. Engine revving and going nowhere.

I think she stripped all the gears.

I wonder how the Jury is doing.

:thumb:

This is the perfect explanation as to why I have to take a rest after court even on days I am just sitting on the couch. Jodi is so draining I can't even sit upright. It's getting pathetic.

On dr drew they are saying that Samantha Travis sister rolling her eyes! Could cause jurors to build rapport with the family?

I have mixed feelings sometimes when Jodi nitpicks/dissects everything that JM asks her. You really DO have to be careful HOW you answer question in a court of law, after all. That said, most of the time she's simply being obtuse, evading the answer and being an obnoxious git. I actually LIKE it when she offers an explanation instead of yes or no, though, because she keeps slipping in information that he can use to impeach her or at least pounce upon for further elaboration. Would you like a little MORE rope, Ma'am?

I happen to read about Jodi Arias and she claimed to be abused by her parents. I wonder if that was ever true. Anything on that? I have also read that people who knew Casey Anthony said she was physically abused by her father. Not making any excuses what they did.

It is probable that Arias has bottles up her anger over time. Something I have seen in Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Lori Drew, and Casey Anthony.

I understand Martinez's goal of "proving her lies" (and I'm only on part 1 of today) but he gets really old listening to and that is jmo

She's getting to be a regular, and I think she usually has something interesting to share in her observations. Jenine Driver on DrD says it's about Convincers vs Backsteppers. Jodi is a Convincer and Sandusky is a Backstepper. How I understand it, Jodi is about if people are buying her story and she keeps selling it.

I just ordered Janine's book. I like her.

On dr drew they are saying that Samantha Travis sister rolling her eyes! Could cause jurors to build rapport with the family?

LMAO that this is breaking news.

She has been rolling her eyes since day one. As would I.

In fact, they got reprimanded last week for the faces they were making. Ridiculous.

I understand Martinez's goal of "proving her lies" (and I'm only on part 1 of today) but he gets really old listening to and that is jmo

Were you fortunate enough to sit through 9 days of the sloth-like irrelevant direct examination by her defense attorney?

He's the exact opposite of Juan so maybe more appealing?

The definition of intention you provided goes hand in hand with premeditation. I think Juan is completely debunking the lies she presented on direct and putting the story back together as suggested during OS. The totality of her lies are so overwhelming, in this case there is NO OTHER REASON for them other than to explain that she was planning to murder him. She was NOT in fear for her life. She decided to take that trip, she had to have stolen the gun, died her hair, bring the gas cans for a reason, rent the car, etc. etc.

Her intention for killing him WAS NOT/ COULD NOT be justified under any circumstance. She was not afraid him that day or any day.

She stalked him like she did most of her other ex's. She lies, manipulates and controls. She moved closer to him. She was losing him. She saw him with other girls. She could 'get him' by having sex with him anymore.

She had no excusable, defendable, justifiable legal defense for killing him. But she had a personal, evil, vengeful, angry, controlling, intentional goal to kill him. She got him comfortable in his home, disarmed him, weakened him with sex, got him naked and vulnerable in the shower and accomplished what she intended to do.

I do not have any doubt whatsoever in my mind that this was planned carefully and thoughtfully and intentionally. I do think Juan is proving this effectively with everything he does.

In Arizona the statutes read, the difference between first degree and second degree murder is not intent it's premeditation. So Martinez has to prove premeditation not just intent, for a first degree conviction.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01105.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01104.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

1. "Premeditation" means that the defendant acts with either the intention or the knowledge that he will kill another human being, when such intention or knowledge precedes the killing by any length of time to permit reflection. Proof of actual reflection is not required, but an act is not done with premeditation if it is the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion.

Jumping off your post.

I was chocked, strangled, during a DV incident. First of all, I RAN from my abuser and called 911. Although I got scared when the police arrived and tried to stand by him, I took pictures! You do take pictures no matter what. BTW, I didn't pass out as she "claims" so mine would be less of an assault in the "Arias world". There in NO amount of make-up that would cover the marks...EVER! She is a liar! :twocents:

ETA: My close friends and family heard about his directly from me. You tell someone, it's not something you don't share with anyone. Nope.

I am sorry for your experience. My experience is not your experience..please do not call anybody a liar.I am not defending JA. Not everybody can take pictures like you did. I was abused a long time ago by my ex-husband and it was terrible as his father was a district court judge in Texas. IMO, there are many DV stories out there and I do not like to hear that any one of them is a liar.

I call dibbs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Mark and the way he describes things.

When I first started seeing him on these shows, he first was over the top defense only and lately he is being very realistic and he seems to honestly admit when the defense is crumbling.

I would hire him in a heartbeat if needed. He is good.

Also, in her version of the broken finger, Travis kicked her in the ribs. She didn't mention any pain associated with that. No doubling over or feeling like she was going to throw up or that she couldn't breathe. No problems getting up right away and walking.

Same with the body slam. He supposedly picked her up and slammed her down on the bathroom tile with him falling on top of her. Yet, she was able to get up and run down the hall. No pain. Just like in the movies how they get right back up and feel no pain. Plus she got up before Travis did even though he (supposedly) fell on top of her. What was he doing while she was getting away? Just letting her go? No that can't be it because her life was in danger. Knocked out? No that can't be it because she heard him running down the hall after her. Wrestling with her? No, because he wrestled in h.s. and she couldn't get out of his holds. So...what is her story about what he was doing?

There isn't a story because it never happened. She won't be able to explain it.

JA is able to conjure up these stories because she imagines them in her head. I believe she creates a scene in her mind and then describes the mental picture. She has spoken a lot of being thrown down, thrust about, choked, grabbed, kicked etc. It is if JA is recounting an action movie – with WHAM, POWS, CRACK, THUD- violence with sound effects.

These are images devoid of feeling. JA does not feel anything (except perhaps her discomfort or embarrassment) she only describes and recounts scenes and images - endlessly. She has referenced unconsciousness a great deal. This lack of awareness prevents her from feeling. Her bouts with unconsciousness also foreshadowed her “GREAT BLACK OUT” on June 5 2008.

JA is also very much a COWARD. She would NEVER EVER COMMIT SUICIDE because she could not bring herself to inflict pain on herself. The story of the razor blades and Advil overdose is total crock of cow manure. She certainly WOULD NEVER SHOOT herself like she claimed after purchasing a 9mm handgun.

I wonder if it pisses Jodi off that JM always refers to her as "Ma'am". Every woman eventually faces the day where someone calls her that instead of "Miss". Just another little needle he gets in at her, I think. It's a term of respect, though; how can she object to THAT?

laugh snort choke

Sorry but this just made me burst because I was wondering the same thing. I can tell you the day, the time, the circumstance, the person, etc the first time I was called Ma'am. I was young, it was painful. I don't want to talk about it.

JM in repeatedly calling her ma'am is just needling her in teh most respectful of ways.

loving it, every time he says it.

I get the comparison, it is a snowball rolling down a hill now. She has a certain physical appeal to the media. So did another defendant.

Her defense came out and accused, using tales spun from air alone, to make someone else the villain and themselves the true victim. So did another.

Both prosecutions had to address the lies IMO.

So I see the parallel being drawn. I just have hope that because the reasons you mention above exist, where they did not in a previous debacle, er trial, the jury will find JA guilty.

Agree, I do understand the comparisons you mentioned, especially the lies by the defendant. However, not the core of the case itself.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member