GUILTY FL - Sean Taylor, NFL player, 24, fatally shot, Palmetto Bay, 26 Nov 2007

Question: What was he doing home Sunday night? I assume the Skins played on Sunday. I did hear at the beginning that he had an injury, but I understand he was last seen at a Saturday team meeting. Even if injured, don't players usually sit on the sidelines during the game? Was he at the game Sunday. If so, just how fast did he get home? Something doesn't smell exactly right.

From what I am hearing. Because he was not playing on Sunday. He was excused from showing up at the game.Even if he was a the game in Tampa it would not take a long timne to get to his house.I wonder though if they got any prints off the knife that was left on his bed 8 days earlier?

From what I am hearing. Because he was not playing on Sunday. He was excused from showing up at the game.Even if he was a the game in Tampa it would not take a long timne to get to his house.I wonder though if they got any prints off the knife that was left on his bed 8 days earlier?
Thanks JDB, I didn't think about an away game. Tampa would be close enough to hop a flight, or even drive across Alligator Alley. All very strange. First troubling clue was the family not wanting any updates given by Jackson Memorial Hospital. First news was that only family was in the house at the time of the shooting. Very strange, but given the lives to excess of some young players, almost anything is possible.

He suffered a knee injury in the Nov 11 game and was out for a few weeks.

I live less than 2 miles away from his home. I am very surprised I didn't hear any sirens that night. No, I never met him, never really heard about him till now.

The papers down here said he grew up in West Perrine, which is a very low income area and only about six miles west of his current home. West Perrine is a very rough part of town. It is kind of strange how you can have two very different neighborhoods so close to each other.

His father, Pedro, is the police chief of Florida City, 25 miles south of here and the gateway for the Keys. (Key Largo, down to Key West) I am not sure how long his father has served on the force or as police chief.

Sean's high school, Gulliver Prep, is a very expensive private school. The tuition is over $20000.00 per year. I bet he received a football scholarship to attend the school. Gulliver is also where OJ Simpson sent his two children to school after they moved here, although OJ lives about 6 miles north and 8 miles west. How about that???? You didn't guess there could be an OJ connection to this. Sean and his kids probably attended together.

The papers here also reported his phone lines were cut outside so the alarm system was down. (Our alarm system at work automatically calls cell numbers if the phone line is disconnected -I have to wonder why the security service did not do that for Sean.) The house also has a good-sized wall around it and a gate, but I guess they knew how to get in. Also, if you go east of his house, it would be less than a block walk to the ocean. No beaches there, I don't think, it would be stinky mangroves.

I have 3 scenarios as to why he was shot:

1. Someone in his family/circle owes money for gambling/drugs, etc. and Sean would not pay the debt for them so the debtor killed him.

2. He had a side girlfriend here and she/her family got tired of waiting for him to dump the baby mama.

3. Baby mama found out he had side girlfriends and told him no more or else and she had firends/family try to scare him into being faithful but it went horribly wrong.

I am willing to bet he had people from his childhood dragging him down still. (Like someone said: you run with dogs - you get fleas.) I will try to post more information if I see something that is only covered locally, not nationally.

Also, if anyone finds any background on his girlfriend, I would love to see that.

Tammie from Miami

Luzer, thanks for the info. I left S. Florida in 1994. I know Perrine from the old days, and know Florida City, but so many little areas pop up, so I am not familiar with them. I do know all about Gulliver as it's been around forever. Just like Ransom Everglades. Something is definitely out of balance here. Haven't kept up with the Redskins since the sixties. My oldest still coresponds with Sunny Jurgensen. We lived in the DC area back then and Sonny and my son met when he was a little tot.

Luzer Thanks for the info. But here is another rumor I am hearing.The knife left 8 days prior was a message to Sean.I really think this might be a ex lover of his girlfreind.That is why I am hoping the police found prints on the knife or the dresser drawers

He suffered a knee injury in the Nov 11 game and was out for a few weeks.

I live less than 2 miles away from his home. I am very surprised I didn't hear any sirens that night. No, I never met him, never really heard about him till now.

The papers down here said he grew up in West Perrine, which is a very low income area and only about six miles west of his current home. West Perrine is a very rough part of town. It is kind of strange how you can have two very different neighborhoods so close to each other.

His father, Pedro, is the police chief of Florida City, 25 miles south of here and the gateway for the Keys. (Key Largo, down to Key West) I am not sure how long his father has served on the force or as police chief.

Sean's high school, Gulliver Prep, is a very expensive private school. The tuition is over $20000.00 per year. I bet he received a football scholarship to attend the school. Gulliver is also where OJ Simpson sent his two children to school after they moved here, although OJ lives about 6 miles north and 8 miles west. How about that???? You didn't guess there could be an OJ connection to this. Sean and his kids probably attended together.

The papers here also reported his phone lines were cut outside so the alarm system was down. (Our alarm system at work automatically calls cell numbers if the phone line is disconnected -I have to wonder why the security service did not do that for Sean.) The house also has a good-sized wall around it and a gate, but I guess they knew how to get in. Also, if you go east of his house, it would be less than a block walk to the ocean. No beaches there, I don't think, it would be stinky mangroves.

I have 3 scenarios as to why he was shot:

1. Someone in his family/circle owes money for gambling/drugs, etc. and Sean would not pay the debt for them so the debtor killed him.

2. He had a side girlfriend here and she/her family got tired of waiting for him to dump the baby mama.

3. Baby mama found out he had side girlfriends and told him no more or else and she had firends/family try to scare him into being faithful but it went horribly wrong.

I am willing to bet he had people from his childhood dragging him down still. (Like someone said: you run with dogs - you get fleas.) I will try to post more information if I see something that is only covered locally, not nationally.

Also, if anyone finds any background on his girlfriend, I would love to see that.

Tammie from Miami

I don't think it was #1. Debtors don't kill. They break kneecaps. They certainly can't collect money from you if you're dead. I think it was stated nothing was stolen from the house.

It sounds to me like a personal vendetta. Perhaps a lover's quarrel. Which makes me wonder if the girlfriend knows more than she's letting on.

I know I heard this morning he has some type of weapons charge pending aginst him now, and the sports guys were saying something to the effect, of if you run with dogs, you get fleas-

He still didn't deserve to be murdered....he was a 24 year old young man with a child for heaven's sake who was trying to turn his life around. :hand:

RIP Sean. You reap what you sow. You tried to distance yourself from an element that would not let you. They will be charged and probably found guilty...but you are none the less dead for knowing them. The company we keep seeps back to haunt us all.

I thought these NFL types had money coming out the wazoo? I am assuming this guy lived in a mansion with gates surrounding it and top of the line everything to do with security.. I saw where the phone lines were cut BUT shouldnt that of sent some other kind of signal to the PD? How was someone able to break in this house? I assume it's not a flimsy trailer home... I am curious to find out the outcome of this murder. This was not just your everyday intruder this was someone from his inner-circle.

On LKL last night it was said that Taylor's girlfriend/fiancee is a niece of the actor Andy Garcia. Her dad is his brother.

I thought these NFL types had money coming out the wazoo? I am assuming this guy lived in a mansion with gates surrounding it and top of the line everything to do with security.. I saw where the phone lines were cut BUT shouldnt that of sent some other kind of signal to the PD? How was someone able to break in this house? I assume it's not a flimsy trailer home... I am curious to find out the outcome of this murder. This was not just your everyday intruder this was someone from his inner-circle.

From the clips shown of the house, it didn't seem to be this awesome house that you usually see from top athletes/celebs. It looked just like a nice house.

RIP Sean. You reap what you sow. You tried to distance yourself from an element that would not let you. They will be charged and probably found guilty...but you are none the less dead for knowing them. The company we keep seeps back to haunt us all.

SS, I respect you....but this post makes me sad. No need blaming the victim. He was a very young man....younger than my son. :(

SS your post is telling me. That you do not know the full story. I have in the last few days read and heard many interviews about Sean. Once his child was born Sean made a 180 degree turn around.Unless you know what happened there is no need for these kind of post. We all have made mistakes in our life.And yes most of us change.

SS your post is telling me. That you do not know the full story. I have in the last few days read and heard many interviews about Sean. Once his child was born Sean made a 180 degree turn around.Unless you know what happened there is no need for these kind of post. We all have made mistakes in our life.And yes most of us change.

Thank you..........:blowkiss:

Sean and Jackie have been together for 8 years. I doubt it was some kind of lover's ring. He had some trouble in 2005 with gun charges that were the result of someone trying to steal some 4 wheelers off his property. He had a machete next to his bed because he was trying to comply with his probation of not having weapons. His house has been broken into 2 times prior to Monday night but nothing was ever taken. This was a hit, plain and simple. He wasn't in Tampa because he was hurt. The team did not know that he was going to Miami but as Gibbs said, SUnday was a free day for Sean and he wouldn't have been surprised if he went to check on his house due to the 2nd break in 8 days prior. The guys that stole from him have lenghty criminal records and word has it that they've been after him for years. There was also an interview with one of Sean's best friends who plays for the Cardinals that he thinks this was a hit and that Sean's been afraid of these guys for 3 years.
He lived in a house with a top of the line security system and with a gate around it. For some reason the system was not turned on.

Not turned on? Or someone turned it off when they messed with the phones? Once again, nothing was taken and they perps went directly to the bedroom and shot Taylor. He pushed his girlfriend under the covers and very likely saved both her and his daughters lives. He had turned his life around in the past 18 months and was an asset to both the Skins and the community around DC. He will be sadly missed.

Wow. I have many people in my extended family that are less than stellar. I don't talk to them often-but my interaction with them could be misconstrued by people who do not know me. I also grew up in a very bad neighborhood-and slept with a big long stick with tape wrapped around the end so that it was kind of a club of sorts. Does that mean if i am somehow killed tomorrow that I had it coming?
However-I do agree that we reap what we sow and that is why I chose not to judge, lest I be judged. :twocents:

I think this guy had, indeed, turned his life around, but, unfortunately, he had some leftovers from his previous life. They were after him - why is yet to be determined. I truly hope this didn't involve yet another player involved in drugs.

Wow. I have many people in my extended family that are less than stellar. I don't talk to them often-but my interaction with them could be misconstrued by people who do not know me. I also grew up in a very bad neighborhood-and slept with a big long stick with tape wrapped around the end so that it was kind of a club of sorts. Does that mean if i am somehow killed tomorrow that I had it coming?
However-I do agree that we reap what we sow and that is why I chose not to judge, lest I be judged. :twocents:

amen.

rip Sean

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member