Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably still trying to catch up from the night he didnt get to bed after an exhausting night of bushwalking

Too true.....One thing I do think, is he has deliberately grown that beard thing on his face. As it has grey in it, it makes him look aged....which to those around him would make it seem, the poor man is distraught....all this has aged him. Prior to this, no beard.......................and as someone mentioned way back in the thread, also supposedly hides facial impressions when one has hair on their face.......He needs a little bit more than facial bum fluff to put off us lil sleuthers....lol

If you were facing 20 to life you would look withdrawn but seriously, the day you get confirmation your wife and mother of your 3 children has been murdered, would you be in any state to go for a walk down george street? Any street? When my beloved 12 year old rotty died, I couldnt leave home for 2 days and I cried non stop for over a day. When my son was upset I stayed by his side until he was OK, family would rally around and take care of everything, even lawyers make house calls. Of course he is under stress, if you were guilty in this day and age with forensics as they are you would be on a knifes edge as well. His mind would be playing havoc on him trying to wrok out what he missed, what he did wrog, already casting a story in case SOME evidence comes up, John Douglas ( author of MINDHUNTER ) states that a guilty person is under immense stress and it is easy to tell stress from grief. I think under the circumstances he looks remarkably calm for someone who has just lost his wife to murder ans who has 3 daughters who will be shattered.

Too true.....One thing I do think, is he has deliberately grown that beard thing on his face. As it has grey in it, it makes him look aged....which to those around him would make it seem, the poor man is distraught....all this has aged him. Prior to this, no beard.......................and as someone mentioned way back in the thread, also supposedly hides facial impressions when one has hair on their face.......He needs a little bit more than facial bum fluff to put off us lil sleuthers....lol
Guilty people grow facial hair to conceal facial expressions, lots of them do it, its gives them a sense of cover, another tip I got from my fav author

That was me way back about the facial expressions :) Sorry to double up :)

You're fine hon......I couldnt remember who had written it. I cant see any reason why we cant touch on the facial stuff again. She has now been found, murdered and after all, he is sporting a greying beard for all to see.... ;)

I think that it's probably normal police practice to not divulge lots of their clues, strategy etc to the public (including the murderer). They also keep collecting as much evidence as possible to make their case stick. There's probably no such thing as enough evidence - unless you have a signed hand-written confession & the murder on video & several reliable eye-witnesses. And even then, a very cluey barrister could probably find a loophole.

There have been quite a few real-crime homicides which appear to have gone cold, yet the police are working tirelessly behind the scenes to solve them.
The first time you become aware of this is when an arrest is made - apparently out of the blue - often months or years later. Usually by this time, the public and the murderer think that the murderer has got away with it.

The case of Kiesha Abrahams is a very good example of this. The police appeared to have given up, and the accused were lulled into false sense of security. The police were even able to follow the murderers into the bush where they had left Kiesha's body.

Thanks Willough, I have been fixated on this since it started,I think sharing her first name and same spelling as well as having children the same age has shaken me, I just keep thinking of them and her parents breaking down, I have even let the dog sleep in the house since this happened and my husband has also been moved by this story. I look at my kids and I just ache for her 3 little ones and for her poor parents who will never be the same. If people can express their theories here it could provide some help somewhere, somehow after all, she deserves to have people fighting for her justice. I just get a bit carried away with this particular story and the active imagination is in overdrive.But it is the helplessness that draws people together and in one way or another, it is a form of expressing grief for what was lost, even if most of us did not kow her personally, it doesnt mean we don't care, I guess this is my way of saying she was important, she had a beautiful family ad I hope everyone keeps her case this active and alive so justice is done, people need to keep talking about it so the police don't stop until they have their man.

Thanks for correcting the spelling of Allison's name in the thread title

Can anyone confirm he did have scratches on his chest as well as face? (alicat posted that she got this from another site and I commented earlier on this page) It would be quite significant because 1 scratch on the face might be able to be explained away but multiple scratches including on the chest is a different matter.

Any info on the other woman, does or did she work with him?

Yes, for almost 8 years. In 2008 he made her a partner of the business. A photo of them looking very cosy together at work was published in 2009. The working relationship ceased 13 months ago.

Can anyone confirm he did have scratches on his chest as well as face? (alicat posted that she got this from another site and I commented earlier on this page) It would be quite significant because 1 scratch on the face might be able to be explained away but multiple scratches including on the chest is a different matter.

I believe it was a single scratch. There was also speculation about an avo (dvo in qld) on here. In qld you can reside with a partner and have an order similar to an avo in place in order to cohabitate under strained circumstances. Can't confirm if one was in place in this instance.

Yes, a single scratch on the face has been reported widely, but I was wondering if there is any truth to alicats info from another site saying it was also the chest - perhaps someone had some inside info?

Yes, a single scratch on the face has been reported widely, but I was wondering if there is any truth to alicats info from another site saying it was also the chest - perhaps someone had some inside info?

It begs the question whether any DNA could still be traced under Allison's finger nails after 11 days exposure if she did scratch him in self defence. if so, certainly wouldn't help GBC's claim of innocence.

I read somewhere today that the police where given specific information about where to find Allison's mobile phone. I can't remember if it was the Courier Mail but the language used was very careful. Something like "directed to a location where they would find the mobile phone". Does anyone know by whom the police were directed by? Later that day GBC engages a Barister.
I have a feeling, his legal team are negotiating charges with the police. Remember Elisa Baker, LE knew it was her, and were getting close but not close enough for Murder 1, so her legal team negotiated Murder 2 in exchange for vital information about the whereabouts of Zahra's remains.

Considering the circumstances (imminent business collapse, exit as head of Chamber of Commerce, rumours of affair, etc.) had ABC decided to take the children and leave ? After all, she was very accomplished, popular, well-regarded & respected and only 43 years old. She could have embarked on a new career now the children were in school and could have supported herself and her children - forged a new and happier life for them

Was she in the process of packing her own and children's belongings when a violent argument erupted? Were her symbols of independence -- her phone and car keys -- taken from her, preventing her from calling help or escaping?

I read somewhere today that the police where given specific information about where to find Allison's mobile phone. I can't remember if it was the Courier Mail but the language used was very careful. Something like "directed to a location where they would find the mobile phone". Does anyone know by whom the police were directed by?

Fairly sure that would be because the phone network provider got their act together and provided more accurate information.

If Allison had an iPhone as reported, some people have Apple's MobileMe software installed (now part of the iCloud thing, I think). Wonder if police are able to get access to her account if she had one?

I can't confirm he did, but can confirm some locals have suggested he did - but no idea of the source and would suggest take it with a grain of salt until / if it is mentioned by police (they'd have photos if the scratches existed)

Do you know if the theory that more than one person being involved is being considered seriously? (local jungle drums are suggesting this might be the case). Also, any idea what issues at the property caused detectives to be called in so quick?

Police who responded to the missing person call knew something was wrong.

The rumours about multiple people may be related to the SMS messages that were sent that evening but I'm not sure this is widely known. I'm sure that all options are being considered but Police know who did it.

Let's hope the SIM card, if it wasn't Allison's, is somehow connected to the perpertrator.

I doubt it. And most evidence would have been destroyed by the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam