TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying 1st to verify the TIMELINE of those cell phone calls.

I had 1:49PM she talked to her sister (from the thread) , but the timeline says she was last seen
at 12:15PM on April 30th.

Please verify for me these two times quoted for these two crucial timed events.

Chattanooga is Eastern Standard Time and the Alabama town is Central Time.

Is that consideration applicable in the phone call time lines?

Perhaps two different calls?

I'll wait rather then guess......Surely someone knows what time the sister talked to Gail. Exact time, from Buffalo (sister's time?) or in Tn (Gail's time)? would be needed.

I'm thinking 2 separate calls as one was said to be 1:49PM (the sister) and one is 12:15PM?? With whom was she speaking, if this time is correct?

Verification please.

A shout out to LE in all jurisdictions who participated in the search both at the Lakehouse last week and on Signal Mountain yesterday.

Even more impressive was the turn out of those who truly wanted to help locate this special woman...hugs to you all.

Trying 1st to verify the TIMELINE of those cell phone calls.

I had 1:49PM she talked to her sister (from the thread) , but the timeline says she was last seen
at 12:15PM on April 30th.

Please verify for me these two times quoted for these two crucial timed events.
I think you are referring to the 4-29 text at 1:49pm to her friend?
Not sure what 1:49 pm phone call you are referring to.

>>A friend of Gail Palmgren&#8217;s, Arlene Durham of Titus, said she received a text from her at 1:49 p.m. on April 29 saying, &#8220;Headed down...call say little.&#8221;<<

http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/article_be9da4a6-832f-11e0-990c-001cc4c03286.html

I apologize... In my mind, I am lumping 'near the Walmart' as being on the mountain.

No need to apologize.. Yesterday, my mind wasn't even working.. I had the dv call on the 29th happening on a Thursday instead of a Friday...JMHO

I'm thinking 2 separate calls as one was said to be 1:49PM (the sister) and one is 12:15PM?? With whom was she speaking, if this time is correct?

Verification please.

The 1:49PM time reference was a text to her friend in AL that she was on her way down on Friday the 29th.

>>A friend of Gail Palmgren&#8217;s, Arlene Durham of Titus, said she received a text from her at 1:49 p.m. on April 29 saying, &#8220;Headed down...call say little.&#8221;<<

http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/article_be9da4a6-832f-11e0-990c-001cc4c03286.html

There was mention of a call at 6am on the 30th possible from/to her sister before she left AL and returned to TN.

The 12:00 - 12:15 reference was when her neighbor saw her leave her house and there was mention that her sister spoke to her 'moments' before her disappearance, which would be when she left the house around that same time.

The 1:49PM time reference I recall was a text to her friend in AL that she was on her way down on Friday the 29th.

There was mention of a call at 6am on the 30th possible from/to her sister before she left AL and returned to TN.

The 12:00 - 12:15 reference was when her neighbor saw her leave her house and there was mention that her sister spoke to her 'moments' before her disappearance, which would be when she left the house around that same time.

thanks a bunch for this verification of the times.

I don't think we know IF Gail texted her friend at 1:49 EST which would have been 12:49 CST in Alabama or IF the friend received the text at 1:49 CST and Gail sent the text at 2:49 EST.. Confusing isn't it? JMHO

Same with her sister If Gail made a call to her that morning before leaving Alabama..However IF Gail made the call to her sister after she returned home to Signal Mtn, that would be in the same time zone...

It appears the links to MSM info are changing rapidly, as they archive or remove stories.

In the one newpaper article in AL, "Durham said she called Palmgren and Palmgren asked if Durham could meet in Wetumpka.

“She asked me if we could go some place happy,” Durham said. “I&#8200;could tell something was bothering her.”

The Palmgrens have a home on Lake Jordan, as well as a rental home in Titus, according to Nichols.

“The lake home is where Gail would go to relax,” said her sister.

Link here http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/article_be9da4a6-832f-11e0-990c-001cc4c03286.html

It appears Arlene had all reason in the world to think something was up. A request to meet her somewhere happy, coded text message, and I am sure she has told LE what this may have meant to her. But to send a text, which has been talked about before and her meeting her somewhere, insinuates being followed, tapped, or afraid to go on to the lake house. Does someone have proof she actually went to the lake house, rental house, or stayed somewhere in Wetumpka? I don't recall that specific information. :banghead:

It appears the links to MSM info are changing rapidly, as they archive or remove stories.

In the one newpaper article in AL, "Durham said she called Palmgren and Palmgren asked if Durham could meet in Wetumpka.

&#8220;She asked me if we could go some place happy,&#8221; Durham said. &#8220;I&#8200;could tell something was bothering her.&#8221;

The Palmgrens have a home on Lake Jordan, as well as a rental home in Titus, according to Nichols.

&#8220;The lake home is where Gail would go to relax,&#8221; said her sister.

Link here http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/article_be9da4a6-832f-11e0-990c-001cc4c03286.html

It appears Arlene had all reason in the world to think something was up. A request to meet her somewhere happy, coded text message, and I am sure she has told LE what this may have meant to her. But to send a text, which has been talked about before and her meeting her somewhere, insinuates being followed, tapped, or afraid to go on to the lake house. Does someone have proof she actually went to the lake house, rental house, or stayed somewhere in Wetumpka? I don't recall that specific information. :banghead:

BBM: Good question. Just the children, I imagine. Unless she dropped them off somewhere else, and then continued on- and picked them up on the return trip. But I'm sure LE has that information.

Regarding the 1st txt message...is it possible she had the kids in the car and didn't want them to overhear what she was going to say? I know I will frequently txt friends or coworkers with children (not knowing if they are in the car or not) with an "is it ok to talk?" or something similar- if I have a situation that little ears don't need to hear.
Just a thought.

Regarding the 1st txt message...is it possible she had the kids in the car and didn't want them to overhear what she was going to say? I know I will frequently txt friends or coworkers with children (not knowing if they are in the car or not) with an "is it ok to talk?" or something similar- if I have a situation that little ears don't need to hear.
Just a thought.

For sure....knowing it would be limited if Arlene began to ask questions, with the kids or thought of tapping. Why I mentioned maybe a 'happy place' would be a clue that she needed to talk, maybe a McDonalds for a 'happy meal', kids playing on the play equipment out of earshot, while they talked.

So, do you think that the vehicle (w/Gail) is off the mountain, but someone brought the phone back to the mountain? What would be the purpose of that? Wouldn't it make more sense to dump the phone off the mountain, if someone wanted everyone to believe that Gail had run off?

Some like to keep the phone. And you wouldn't have to bring the phone back from an area if it never left the area. A perp definitely would not want the phone to lead exactly to the car's location either. IMO, the car is under water near the mountain. Maybe the perp was planning to pretend to be Gail sending texts to friends and family saying she was ok, in a safe place, and taking time for herself. The thing is, eyes were on Matt and he probably didn't get the opportunity to travel far set up a good ping location that wouldn't incriminate him and eventually dumped the phone in panic.

Respectfully snipped <However, I think Gail and the car might be together near the mountain. Under alot of water.>

I tend to agree, SuziQ, unfortunately. And I think it might be a good idea to take a look at access points and water /current patterns during that time period. :(

Some like to keep the phone. And you wouldn't have to bring the phone back from an area if it never left the area. A perp definitely would not want the phone to lead exactly to the car's location either. IMO, the car is under water near the mountain. Maybe the perp was planning to pretend to be Gail sending texts to friends and family saying she was ok, in a safe place, and taking time for herself. The thing is, eyes were on Matt and he probably didn't get the opportunity to travel far set up a good ping location that wouldn't incriminate him and eventually dumped the phone in panic.

I recall cell activity mentioned at the North end base of the mountain (not sure what day), which appears to be near Suck Creek Road, which follows along the river, (and a very remote drive to the next county) and then on May 2nd at the Walmart which is just a mile or so down the road away from Signal.

But I agree with the other post, the vehicle still being on the mountain somewhere and someone drove the phone off the mountain, it pinged at the bottom (Suck Creek Road) and then again at the Walmart as it was disposed of OR turned on by someone picking it up from prior disposal. Between Signal Mountain town limits and off the mountain towards Dunlap, there are so many off-the-beaten-path, 'no trespassing' places, even locals get lost!

I'll wait rather then guess......Surely someone knows what time the sister talked to Gail. Exact time, from Buffalo (sister's time?) or in Tn (Gail's time)? would be needed.

Verification please.

The 1:49 PM on April 29th has already been cleared up.

Originally, the media said Gail called Diane around the time she left the house at 12:15 PM on the 30th. Last week, an article said that Gail's last call to her sister Diane was 6:30 AM on the 30th. We were speculating that she called Diane at 6:30 AM and at approx 12:15 PM, but are not sure of course.

As far as I know, we don't have any more details on those calls and texts. Hopefully that will change.

FWIW, IMO, the phone and the Jeep are not in the same place. I think someone dumped the phone on May 2nd in reaction to Gail being reported officially missing.

Er...ummm...I agree....but not too many knew of her being reported on that day. ???

The ping on the phone on the 2nd could have been from someone finding the phone and turning it on. At least on my phone, after it's been off a while (even after the battery dies) it can get enough juice to turn on, boot up and then go off again.

If the phone was tossed (by Gail or anyone), someone could have tried to turn it on to find the owner.

Just a thought.

Gail is getting a lot of media attention. :great::rocker: The last 24 hrs:

Listen to the video which has info about Arlene rec'g a letter from Matt.....unreal.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14698557

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS313US313&q=gail+palmgren#q=gail+palmgren&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBR_enUS313US313&prmd=ivnsuo&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X&ei=uOHaTaHwDo64sAPM8p2ODA&ved=0CAgQpwUoAg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d2ac400ff5313eb6"]gail palmgren - Google Search[/ame]

that second letter is very strange. it says "it is my understanding that you are in possession of a security system DVR that you picked up from Best Buy" in Alabama on May 2nd, this is my property, return it to me. If she picked it up from best buy how is it his property? His PI hand delivered that letter all the way to Alabama!! I wonder what SB's letters say...hmmm.

My theory: Gail had ordered a security system DVR and told AD about it. MP figures it was his money, so it is his. He might know about it from a charge on their CC and called best buy in Alabama asking where it is who picked it up etc. Why did Gail want a security system DVR- was she trying to catch MP cheating on her or catch someone who may be following her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998