MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they reported gunshots coming from that specific area. And then, low and behold, glasses were found there too.

Funny that, LE spent the whole day there but didn't turn up anything.

I sure hope LE was able to identify who the heck turned those glassed into reporters and not into LE as any normal person would see fit to do.

Lots of hinky stuff imo.
I'm seeing patterns of diversion developing or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I am too, here as well :moo:

Again, a definitive tone. How do you know hunters aren't coming in from out of the area? How do you know they all follow the news? What does it hurt to make sure the word is out? Nothing! (ok, so lets just assume everyone knows everything....) Maybe the hunters noticed someone canvassing the area that seemed out of place? Anything is possible.

I am just not sure how popular turkey hunting is- so maybe others are coming here to hunt but I can't say that I have ever heard of Michigan being known for "prized turkeys" not sure if that makes any sense....

It may be time for some members to take a break and go eat some dinner or something. Things are getting pretty hot in here.
Here are some of the BASIC rules:
Treat each other respectfully
Do not state things as fact without a link
Do not talk about pictures without a link
If you are becoming too emotional, step away from the computer
If you disagree with someone and can't do it respectfully, scroll past their post - DON'T respond. You will be held accountable for your responses.
If a post offends you, use the little red triangle in the upper right corner and alert it - then move past it. Do NOT alert and respond to the poster.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod. Every mod here has some knowledge of this case and anyone of them will be able to help you out.

I am just not sure how popular turkey hunting is- so maybe others are coming here to hunt but I can't say that I have ever heard of Michigan being known for "prized turkeys" not sure if that makes any sense....

I was out turkey hunting yesterday, and the woods were full of people turkey hunting and running quad-runners-

We were thinking about Mickey at the same time :seeya:

It's really hard not to, in this case. So many parallels. Still praying for a better, more positive outcome than MS's case. :praying:

Yes, this is correct. The guitar store worker, male, overheard a verbal interaction between the POI and Jessica, a couple of hours before she disappeared. He was at the Exxon, to buy snacks or something...don't remember the details. The POI pulled up in the van when Jessica was outside, possibly changing the receipt tape in the pump. So this guy, IMO, reinforced the description of the van given by the coworker and her husband, but did not contribute to the description of the POI. He did, however, state that he would recognize the voice because of something distinctive.

Because there are three separate witness IDs on the van, as well as 2 videos of a van matching the witness description very close by right around the time Jessica disappeared, I believe this is why LE is so confident that the van is involved. Also strengthening the van involvement are several other gas stations in the area reporting such a van skulking around and watching the female employees, basically creeping people out.

bbm ~ Brilliant! All coming from the guitar store. :scared:

Yes, they reported gunshots coming from that specific area. And then, low and behold, glasses were found there too.

Funny that, LE spent the whole day there but didn't turn up anything.

I sure hope LE was able to identify who the heck turned those glassed into reporters and not into LE as any normal person would see fit to do.

Lots of hinky stuff imo.
I'm seeing patterns of diversion developing or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Everyone in West Michigan knows this story. All of us are looking at every gray van, who's driving it and trying to see something out of the ordinary. When thousands (or more) of people are looking for one person, random things like this are bound to come up because everyone wants to help.

The gunshots turned out to be from turkey hunters, and the glasses weren't hers. I don't think its a diversion at all, and the man who found them was extremely cooperative and I believe was interviewed by the news.

Has anyone found out any more about the remains in michigan city. I would like to know if they are bones or a body. Found fri 230

The shots were reported several days after J was taken but the shots had been heard on Saturday.

As far as we know the glasses aren't Jessicas. Still, I'd like to know that LE knows who found them. Instead of giving them to LE directly, they left them with media people who were on the scene. LE has not said if they know who actually found the glasses in the same general location of the reported gunshots being heard on Saturday, the day after J disappeared.

I'm worried that somebody purposely tried to mislead LE and that they were successful in doing so for one full day.

Has anyone found out any more about the remains in michigan city. I would like to know if they are bones or a body. Found fri 230

I don't see anything new on MSM but they're calling it both remains and a body?

The remains of a dead body were found in the woods of the town of Pine early this morning and now one Michigan city family is wondering if those remains could be their kin.

http://www.abc57.com/news/local/Possible-human-remains-found-in-Michigan-City--206116661.html

and without being insulting...no hunter is going to step over a body in the woods because they aren't sure if its a missing girl or not...

I fully can understand that...
However, we have a missing girl from my area. I like to get out and river walk in desolate areas along the Platte. I will walk river for miles and never see one human being. I have done this for many years. As I walk I do smell dead animals, it happens, its wilderness. Since Kayla has been missing, especially last spring while hunting wild asparagus along the river and even during summer when looking for artifacts, I would smell something dead and investigate it. (normally would not) So, hunters being out in the middle of nowhere may smell something dead, and not investigate, it comes with the territory so to speak. But if asked they may take the time to search out what is dead and decaying. IMHO

I fully can understand that...
However, we have a missing girl from my area. I like to get out and river walk in desolate areas along the Platte. I will walk river for miles and never see one human being. I have done this for many years. As I walk I do smell dead animals, it happens, its wilderness. Since Kayla has been missing, especially last spring while hunting wild asparagus along the river and even during summer when looking for artifacts, I would smell something dead and investigate it. (normally would not) So, hunters being out in the middle of nowhere may smell something dead, and not investigate, it comes with the territory so to speak. But if asked they may take the time to search out what is dead and decaying. IMHO

The saturation of this case, as suggested by another Muskegon area resident on here, is immense, unless someone has been locked in their home without internet, TV, and no friends visiting for over the past week, it is very likely they have heard of this case-

The shots were reported several days after J was taken but the shots had been heard on Saturday.

As far as we know the glasses aren't Jessicas. Still, I'd like to know that LE knows who found them. Instead of giving them to LE directly, they left them with media people who were on the scene. LE has not said if they know who actually found the glasses in the same general location of the reported gunshots being heard on Saturday, the day after J disappeared.

I'm worried that somebody purposely tried to mislead LE and that they were successful in doing so for one full day.
I may be wrong. I usually am, but the tone I get from this fella is someone who wants to be the hero. I honestly don't have any idea. So many are suspicious to me for being overly helpful it isn't funny.

I don't see anything new on MSM but they're calling it both remains and a body?

The remains of a dead body were found in the woods of the town of Pine early this morning and now one Michigan city family is wondering if those remains could be their kin.

http://www.abc57.com/news/local/Possible-human-remains-found-in-Michigan-City--206116661.html
I believe it could possibly be a missing woman from that area Candi Brown. I am unsure until DNA comes back. A closed case in Michigan City would be nice. (I apologize if that sounds cold and uncaring) I just am not sure it is related yet.

No. I haven't looked today. Sometimes it takes weeks for an ID to come in. They send the remains to the county (I believe) coroner's office who does the identifying work. The amount of time it takes depends on the condition the remains were in and how much information is obtainable from just looking at the corpse. If clothing was found, along with a possible ID, etc.

There's a thread on websleuths where sleuthers help to match remains to lost/missing people. They've made solid connections and are helping to solve real cases.

Everyone in West Michigan knows this story. All of us are looking at every gray van, who's driving it and trying to see something out of the ordinary. When thousands (or more) of people are looking for one person, random things like this are bound to come up because everyone wants to help.

The gunshots turned out to be from turkey hunters, and the glasses weren't hers. I don't think its a diversion at all, and the man who found them was extremely cooperative and I believe was interviewed by the news.

He was interviewed by the news? I missed that but I'd like to see the video. I'll try to find it but if you find it first, thank you. Sleuthing involves suspicion, it's not personal. Often times a suspicion proves to be unfounded but the topic demands it, doesn't it?

No. I haven't looked today. Sometimes it takes weeks for an ID to come in. They send the remains to the county (I believe) coroner's office who does the identifying work. The amount of time it takes depends on the condition the remains were in and how much information is obtainable from just looking at the corpse. If clothing was found, along with a possible ID, etc.

There's a thread on websleuths where sleuthers help to match remains to lost/missing people. They've made solid connections and are helping to solve real cases.

If the remains are bones it isnt Jessica . If it is a body a picture can tell us if it is Jessica. We dont need DNA. Why speculate on places to leave bodies when we have one to eliminate.

I was out turkey hunting yesterday, and the woods were full of people turkey hunting and running quad-runners-

Wow I guess Didn't realize there were a lot of turkey hunters in the area :)

I apologize if I posted something offensive to anyone, it wasn't meant to be that way..... Just trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23