17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm not following your thoughts . . .

It seems to me, that Bonaparte is taking issue with Tracy Martin's reporting than an officer called Zimmerman's record "squeaky clean". As in, no one said that to him.

I'm not sure about someone saying it, and someone else not correcting it.

It seems Bonaparte is saying no one said it.

Why, in the conversation where they inform parents that their minor child is dead, would the cop go on in detail that Zimmerman had been charged but went into a youthful offender program many years ago? I would think that wouldn't come up in an initial conversation about a deceased child.

Youthful offender program? What youthful offender program did GZ go into, link please.

I haven't seen the interview with him. I agree he's trying to get his son off and doing a poor job of it too.
The problem with it too is he is saying George told him this stuff. It can be used in court.

The problem with it too is he is saying George told him this stuff. It can be used in court.

I don't find that to be a problem? <modsnip>

I wonder if he has given any kind of investigative interview to the new prosecutor in this case?

Did anyone hear who it was who claimed GZ's after effects were like "shaken baby sydrome"? I think but am not sure it was his new attorney, Uhlrig. Does anyone have a link? I am furious, as the adoptive parent of a 13 year old who is in a wheelchair, has a feeding tube and the mentality of a five year old, who WAS a shaken baby at two years old. This is disgraceful and I really want to know who said it, I briefly caught it on one of the news stations and darn it did a double take and then it was gone. Can anyone help? I am so PO'd. TY
So sorry about your child's injuries and disability.

No, Uhrig absolutely did NOT say or in any way imply that GZ's resulting injury was diagnosable as SBS.

Uhrig said the Florida "Stand Your Ground" statute applied because Zimmerman feared for his life: "One of the points people have said, the force [used against Martin] was too much, even if he broke his nose and slammed his head into the ground.

Many people remember the case of Liam Neeson's wife - fell on a little ski slope, hit her head one time on the ground, and died. We're familiar with the shaken baby syndrome: You shake a baby the brain shakes around inside the skull, you can die.

"When someone is pounding your head on the ground, and you've already had your nose broken, you could be in reasonable fear for great bodily harm - which is what the Florida statute calls for - and if you think you're about to lose your life or be seriously injured like that, you're absolutely entitled to take the necessary action to stop it."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57410388/zimmerman-lawyer-client-convicted-by-media/

You can watch and listen at 3:43 in the video posted at the link.

Apologies if already posted.

IIRC, Didn't he tell dispatch he is walking toward me, coming to check me out?
Why didn't he at that time when he was on the phone with LE identify himself to TM as being part of the neighborhood watch and ask TM WHY he was there and where was he going? I'm thinking IF a person was up to no good, just knowing GZ was on the phone with LE would have been somewhat of a deterrent for a person who may be planning to commit a crime..JMHO

:seeya: I cannot understand why GZ didn't identify himself immediately, the whole thing could have been cleared up with a little communication. Instead we have a dead 17yr old who was minding his own business on his way home.
This is where I believe GZ decided this situation needed to escalate to give him the ultimate thrill. Calling 911 on kids playing in the street was getting old. I think he fantasized about becoming a hero, and he found the perfect storm at Trayvon's expense. :moo:

I do not know about illegal but it certainly calls the report into question. I can only say this: in the department I worked for, I was never once asked to alter a submitted report once it had been accepted, and when I was eventually a supervisor myself, it never once occured to me to ask someone else to do so. I cannot imagine it even coming up, other than in some effort to rewrite history or something. New information comes to light every day during an investigation. That follow up investigation and information has it's own report, and one from every single officer involved.

I can understand relabeling a case file, or ammending a cover letter or something, but actually altering a report?

IN MY OPINION ONLY!

(Note: I said "once accepted." By this I mean that, despite their training, it is not uncommon to see new officers attempt to turn in reports that are complete trash. It is a supervisor's job to ensure that this doesn't happen.)

I understand exactly what you are saying here, Chris. There are plenty reports written in a correctional center/jail every day (my experience and example). It is the documenting of an incident or even an accident, then there are the disciplinary reports. The reports/documentation have to be absolutely correct because these reports are, in fact, considered to be legal documents. They are also used in court.

The concept of the reports are comparable to what LE uses. The standard is the 'Who, What, When, and where.' You will see many reports with lines drawn through the rest of the page. That is done to prevent anything from being added to the report. You cannot use white out or type/write over words. If further information is needed or added, you would have to write an additional report and state the reason why. Then that report would be in addition to the first. BUT you should never alter the original report or add information to it.

*This part of the post is not directed to your post, Chris.

I am just sick at heart about how LE handled Trayvon's case with the exception of the one officer who evaluated the scene and wanted to charge.

At the end of the day, a young boy was killed when he should have been safe walking back to the home he was a guest in. IMO, Trayvon is the true victim here because he was doing nothing wrong. Now he is dead and his parents are devastated.

There should never be a law such as SYG if every single word written in that law is not clear and concise. I believe that we all have a right to defend ourselves against clear and present danger, but not with deadly force if it is just a fistfight. IMO, Trayvon did not have a chance with an ex-bouncer with a weapon.

May true justice prevail.

MOO's

Trayvon Martin's Uncle Feels Empty Without Him
Ronald Fulton says "if I needed anything, he would be there for me"

Ronald Fulton developed a special bond with Trayvon Martin and says he relied on him every day.

He was permanently changed when he heard his nephew calling out for help in a phone call from the night he was shot and died in Sanford, he says.

&#8220;To this day it haunts me. It haunts me and that&#8217;s my motivation,&#8221; Fulton said. &#8220;That&#8217;s what motivates me.&#8221;

Fulton, who has not traveled to Sanford, said he believes that the grand jury due to convene next week will indict Zimmerman.

&#8220;Of course I do,&#8221; he said, while emphasizing that attention remain on &#8220;the way the police department handled it.&#8221;

He urges peaceful protest for his nephew no matter what lies ahead.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Trayvon-Martins-Uncle-Feels-Empty-Without-Him-146490255.html

Did anyone hear who it was who claimed GZ's after effects were like "shaken baby sydrome"? I think but am not sure it was his new attorney, Uhlrig. Does anyone have a link? I am furious, as the adoptive parent of a 13 year old who is in a wheelchair, has a feeding tube and the mentality of a five year old, who WAS a shaken baby at two years old. This is disgraceful and I really want to know who said it, I briefly caught it on one of the news stations and darn it did a double take and then it was gone. Can anyone help? I am so PO'd. TY

http://whtc.com/news/articles/2012/...me-used-in-defense-of-trayvon-martins-killer/

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - "Shaken Baby Syndrome" was cited on Friday in the defense of George Zimmerman, the Sanford, Florida, man who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, in a case that has sparked a widespread public outcry.

Hal Uhrig, a lawyer and former Gainesville, Florida, police officer who recently joined Zimmerman's defense team, cited in a TV interview the brain damage that can seriously injure or kill an infant.

His point, which has been made before, was that Zimmerman contends he shot Martin in self defense and feared for his life after the 17-year-old attacked him and began pounding his head into the concrete pavement of a gated community on a rainy evening in Sanford on February 26.

But Uhrig's choice of words, and use of a recognized sign of child abuse to defend a 28-year-old man who killed a kid, seemed likely to raise more than just a few eyebrows.

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground."

Witness: Sanford police uninterested in her account

SANFORD, FL (RNN) - A witness is claiming the Sanford Police showed little interest in what she had seen around the time of the shooting of the unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, on the night of Feb. 26.

The woman told CNN she witnessed the entire incident, including the shooting. She said she called 911 that night.

Officials from the state attorney's office have questioned her, CNN reporter Ashley Banfield said.

http://www.14news.com/story/17354449/witness-sanford-police-uninterested-in-her-account

If it was between his shirt and pants, it would not have been visible to TM.

And I'm thinking he could have untucked his shirt to get the gun. Perhaps he asked an officer on the scene to tuck his shirt back in (much like the officer in the tape does) and that officer complied too.

The gun had to come out someway. Seems he had to pull his shirt up to get it to me.

JMO

How would GZ have done that if TM attacked him from behind, knocked him down and was banging his head against the cement while pinning him to the ground? You can't clip a gun to your pants if it's under your shirt. You would want it under your jacket but not under your shirt. An unclipped gun would fall down through his pants and he would have lost it half way down the sidewalk. My husband had a clip on his holster to clip to a belt. GZ had no belt so it would have to be clipped to his pants, IMO. jmo

So sorry about your child's injuries and disability.

No, Uhrig absolutely did NOT say or in any way imply that GZ's resulting injury was diagnosable as SBS.

Uhrig said the Florida "Stand Your Ground" statute applied because Zimmerman feared for his life: "One of the points people have said, the force [used against Martin] was too much, even if he broke his nose and slammed his head into the ground.

Many people remember the case of Liam Neeson's wife - fell on a little ski slope, hit her head one time on the ground, and died. We're familiar with the shaken baby syndrome: You shake a baby the brain shakes around inside the skull, you can die.

"When someone is pounding your head on the ground, and you've already had your nose broken, you could be in reasonable fear for great bodily harm - which is what the Florida statute calls for - and if you think you're about to lose your life or be seriously injured like that, you're absolutely entitled to take the necessary action to stop it."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57410388/zimmerman-lawyer-client-convicted-by-media/

You can watch and listen at 3:43 in the video posted at the link.

Apologies if already posted.
Huffpo has a different take. I believe the inference was there. Also if I offended anyone before I am sorry. I have very strong feelings about defense tactics. JMO

NBC Fires Producer of Misleading Zimmerman Tape..

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/nbc-fires-producer-of-misleading-zimmerman-tape/

I for one am relieved. They don't need someone who purposely misleads their audience. And I don't believe - for a minute - that anyone who has the wits to be able to work in a major media outlet and edit tape doesn't have the wits to know exactly the misleading effect that editing job will have on the viewers.

In this cutthroat business to be considered the most believable media outlet in the market, having an editor who changes tapes to further an agenda - instead of further the truth - can't be tolerated.

He's either really too dumb to know what he's done will have an effect on the perception of truth with their audience, or he knows it and did it on purpose. Both are dangerous to have in the newsroom, I don't know which is more detrimental to the success of NBC.

It is a horrible law in its current form. At the point where GZ left his car with a loaded gun and preyed on Tray for no good reason, he became the aggressor/provoker. And I really do not care what happened after that.
The SYG should not be a walking piece of real estate that envelops the aggressor in a mobile protective immune bubble. The SYG victimizes the (dead)victim by not giving the victim any human/civil rights and/or any due process in a court.
All IMO.

I certainly agree with you on this, rotterdam. I, too, believe that GZ did become the aggressor.

This SYG law needs to be rewritten in plain English if kept at all. There are just too many holes in it, IMO.

MOO

GZ's attorney would have sounded more intelligent claiming a coup countercoup injury, but that too would required diagnostics, and GZ probably would have had to go to the hospital.
Just to clarify, Uhrig did not "claim" any specific type of injury. As examples, he brought up two types of serious/fatal brain injury, one being closed-head injury due to a seemingly harmless blow, and one being SBS, in asserting that GZ had every reason to to fear serious injury or death when his head was being slammed into the ground, and every right to protect himself.

You know if GZ is arrested for at least manslaughter they are going to try and get everything he said the night of the shooting and the walk-through the next day thrown out? They're going to blame SPD, EMS, etc... for not getting him medical attention? They are going to say he could not legally, with his severe head injury, sign a waiver so it is invalid. Then we'll get into the whole Miranda Warning (which hopefully they gave him) and how even if he was read his Miranda Warning, his severe head injury prevented him from fully understanding what he was agreeing to.

Also, why in the world wouldn't GZ want to release the medical report showing what his actual injuries were? If I was GZ, I would have released that weeks ago to show just how bad my injuries were. Especially a broken nose and a gash that would have required stitches had it not started to heal? I wonder if he went to a family doctor or if he went to the ER?

I'm still puzzled why they are withholding the autopsy report? I don't understand that? Did Trayvon have injuries that they don't want released to the public yet?

Another question I have would be, when Police took the gun from Zimmerman, did they have gloves on? We all seen how the one officer totally disregarded basic safety measures when frisking Zimmerman, but what about when they took the gun? If Trayvon was going to the gun, his fingerprints should be on the gun? What part of the gun were Trayvon's fingerprints? If it was on the actual nozzle (is that the name for where the bullet comes out) I think it would mean Trayvon was trying to get the gun away from pointing at him. If the fingerprints were on the handle (where you hold it and the trigger is?) then it would go with Trayvon going for the gun while in Zimmerman's waistband?

So many questions still! It's driving me insane.

MOO

"But Uhrig's choice of words, and use of a recognized sign of child abuse to defend a 28-year-old man who killed a kid, seemed likely to raise more than just a few eyebrows.

"We're familiar with the Shaken Baby Syndrome," said Uhrig on the CBS This Morning program. "You shake a baby, the brain shakes around inside the skull. You can die when someone's pounding your head into the ground.""

The Reuters Article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/06/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE8350D520120406

Witness: Sanford police uninterested in her account

SANFORD, FL (RNN) - A witness is claiming the Sanford Police showed little interest in what she had seen around the time of the shooting of the unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, on the night of Feb. 26.

The woman told CNN she witnessed the entire incident, including the shooting. She said she called 911 that night.

Officials from the state attorney's office have questioned her, CNN reporter Ashley Banfield said.

http://www.14news.com/story/17354449/witness-sanford-police-uninterested-in-her-account

I wish we had at least a name for this witness or a idea of what she saw? Is it MC? Or would it be the woman from the call where we heard the actual shot fired?

Just to clarify, Uhrig did not "claim" any specific type of injury. As examples, he brought up two types of serious/fatal brain injury, one being closed-head injury due to a seemingly harmless blow, and one being SBS, in asserting that GZ had every reason to to fear serious injury or death when his head was being slammed into the ground, and every right to protect himself.

Again if these injuries were so severe and likely to cause you death possibly within a few days, why was he not treated in the ER the night of Trayvon's murder? His brother indicated that he was barely conscious, one step away from being spoon fed and wearing diapers. I would love a very reasonable explanation as to why he didn't go to the hospital.

~jmo~

I for one am relieved. They don't need someone who purposely misleads their audience. And I don't believe - for a minute - that anyone who has the wits to be able to work in a major media outlet and edit tape doesn't have the wits to know exactly the misleading effect that editing job will have on the viewers.

In this cutthroat business to be considered the most believable media outlet in the market, having an editor who changes tapes to further an agenda - instead of further the truth - can't be tolerated.

He's either really too dumb to know what he's done will have an effect on the perception of truth with their audience, or he knows it and did it on purpose. Both are dangerous to have in the newsroom, I don't know which is more detrimental to the success of NBC.
I sort of have a different take on it JennaT - don't you think it's possible this editor is just the fall guy? It would be hard to believe a conglomerate as big as NBC doesn't have a check and balance system. Firing this guy is showing they took a stand, problem solved - probably a nice severance package. He'll be editing at FOX News next week. JMO :):moo::twocents:

You know if GZ is arrested for at least manslaughter they are going to try and get everything he said the night of the shooting and the walk-through the next day thrown out? They're going to blame SPD, EMS, etc... for not getting him medical attention? They are going to say he could not legally, with his severe head injury, sign a waiver so it is invalid. Then we'll get into the whole Miranda Warning (which hopefully they gave him) and how even if he was read his Miranda Warning, his severe head injury prevented him from fully understanding what he was agreeing to.

Also, why in the world wouldn't GZ want to release the medical report showing what his actual injuries were? If I was GZ, I would have released that weeks ago to show just how bad my injuries were. Especially a broken nose and a gash that would have required stitches had it not started to heal? I wonder if he went to a family doctor or if he went to the ER?

I'm still puzzled why they are withholding the autopsy report? I don't understand that? Did Trayvon have injuries that they don't want released to the public yet?

Another question I have would be, when Police took the gun from Zimmerman, did they have gloves on? We all seen how the one officer totally disregarded basic safety measures when frisking Zimmerman, but what about when they took the gun? If Trayvon was going to the gun, his fingerprints should be on the gun? What part of the gun were Trayvon's fingerprints? If it was on the actual nozzle (is that the name for where the bullet comes out) I think it would mean Trayvon was trying to get the gun away from pointing at him. If the fingerprints were on the handle (where you hold it and the trigger is?) then it would go with Trayvon going for the gun while in Zimmerman's waistband?

So many questions still! It's driving me insane.

MOO

I don't think the autopsy report is complete. The cause of death is obvious, but they won't have the tox report back, I don't think. Those take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts