120 TES Search Areas "Cleared". Yes or No ?

Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

• Yes

Votes: 47 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 291 76.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 45 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!! 87% WSer's .... resounding "NO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone forward this to TES!

Do you really think TES needs to be distracted with "opinions"? They know all about their problems.

I am somewhat distracted by the resounding defensiveness aimed at opinions. I enjoy reading opinions and think that people should be able to express them about TES or anyone else involved in this case without being met with hostility.

I voted NO. I just don't think every inch of an area can be covered so quickly when searching for such a little body, especially with passage to time and conditions.

Lili: You are absolutely right. Every inch of an area can be searched a half dozen times and you will still miss something. It happens all the time. That's why there are 4, 6, 8 searches for the same person at various intervals of time. Maybe that eighth time you find something. Maybe never. There are no guarantees and staying in one search area with a skeleton crew isn't going to get the job done either. What I am shocked with most is the bashing that Equusearch is taking over a over-publicized, over-anticipated, over-estimated "search of the century" that resulted in 1500 people over a 2 day period and everyone wants every inch of 120 search sites to have been covered with a fine toothed comb. Mistakes were made, of course, not by just a few, by many but we learn as we go and we do the best we can. All of us. If we can't work together as a team, then what are we doing pretending to try to help some poor family that wants to know what happened to their loved one? Please, someone tell me that.

I voted NO as well. I have to agree with your post. Don't you think the search for Caylee would have been more cost efficient had he hung in and completed the job?

I think it would have been more cost effective to stick around. They had 2 HUGE, really nice travel RV's parked at the command center (the kind Rock Stars travel around in), and I'm sure those things are real "gas suckers". On top of that, transporting all their humvees, atv's and what not all over the country cannot be cheap.

Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free.... :confused:

I am somewhat distracted by the resounding defensiveness aimed at opinions. I enjoy reading opinions and think that people should be able to express them about TES or anyone else involved in this case without being met with hostility.

That's not hostile, that's a very valid question? Why would anyone want to forward an 87% concensus that WS'ers aren't happy with the search coverage? Do you really think that is the right thing to do?

Opinions here are one thing. That's another.

I think it would have been more cost effective to stick around. They had 2 HUGE, really nice travel RV's parked at the command center (the kind Rock Stars travel around in), and I'm sure those things are real "gas suckers". On top of that, transporting all their humvees, atv's and what not all over the country cannot be cheap.

Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free.... :confused:

Wow, I"m really sorry you feel this way. :(

WOW!!! 87% WSer's .... resounding "NO" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone forward this to TES!

Do you really think TES needs to be distracted with "opinions"? They know all about their problems.

Thank you Anastacia - my comment about forwarding the info to TES was sent with a giggle ... not meant as a direct order ... guess I should have included that in my reply.:woohoo:

That's not hostile, that's a very valid question? Why would anyone want to forward an 87% concensus that WS'ers aren't happy with the search coverage? Do you really think that is the right thing to do?

Opinions here are one thing. That's another.

I am not trying to be "snarky" but I would think that since their efforts do depend on donations that they would want to be made aware of any concerns being expressed by their supporters. I know alot of people at WS donate to their cause and I think we should leave it to them (tes) to decide if concerns are valid and need to be addressed.

I am not trying to be "snarky" but I would think that since their efforts do depend on donations that they would want to be made aware of any concerns being expressed by their supporters. I know alot of people at WS donate to their cause and I think we should leave it to them (tes) to decide if concerns are valid and need to be addressed.

I understand your message but, unfortunately a lot of what I've seen over the past few days doesn't even resemble "support" for TES. That has me concerned.

I want one of those $800,000 motor homes myself............could we start that together? Casper would LOVE being transported to searches in that. LOL

I understand your message but, unfortunately a lot of what I've seen over the past few days doesn't even resemble "support" for TES. That has me concerned.

To be honest, after having been involved in the searches (not with TES), I am having to re-evaluate my support for TES at this point.

To be honest, after having been involved in the searches (not with TES), I am having to re-evaluate my support for TES at this point.

You are entitled to that however, I urge you to consider all sides before making your decision. They do far too much for so many thankfully in ways a lot of us will never realize.

Me too, I think many people here really care and put their mind and gut into this.
I know they always add to their opinion that it is JMO,MOO, etc....
And given all the facts in this case (what facts - just a barrel of lies) are mostly opinions anyway; we do need to hear them.
IMHO there are not enough facts: Caylee is missing, Casey Mom did not report it for one month; George and Cindy are out of control; The car smelled like death; and this "B" is not talking.....
Mostly all else is putting together a puzzle; with no help from the immediate family IMHO
I enjoy reading all of your opinions - your hearts are so much bigger then Caylee's family. :blowkiss:
But I do not think that TES needs to be hearing our opinions. If they do they can log on and read.

I was there this weekend and wondered often how they determine and area is "cleared". Someone/a team (one person, or one team, on a line search) searching and not finding anything doesn't seem adequate to me. What we are looking for at this point could be SO TINY that 4 people could walk past, and the 5th might see it. The areas I searched personally were so thick with underbrush, overgrowth (I'm 5'8, was up to my armpits at times), and dead plants on the ground that it was nearly impossible at times.

I don't recall TM saying that all 120-ish areas were cleared.

I believe Tim said all the areas LE wanted him to search have been cleared.

Well now you know where some of the donation money goes to. Just wish I could figure out how to start up a non profit, get lots of donations, by me a big ole nice RV and travel the country side for free....

No doubt about it, the cost of filling up a motor coach is astronomical.

Please share when you figure out how to attain that life of luxury.:confused:

Wow, I"m really sorry you feel this way. :(

I meant for my icon to be the sarcastic one, not the questionable one. My bad. But I'm not sorry I feel the "sarcastic way". I'd like to know why someone would need to spend donated money on 2 (two) big $250k + RVs for search efforts (rented or owned). Wouldn't that money be better spent to feed and liquidate searchers, or to pay for specialty teams to aid in the search? The money it takes to gas up those things and keep them running so air conditioning, toilet, etc. works has got to be expensive IMO. Why can't they just throw up a portable canopy and use port o pottys at command centers, like they expect the volunteers to use. They weren't sleeping in them, they were staying at a hotel. Nice one at that.

I want one of those $800,000 motor homes myself............could we start that together? Casper would LOVE being transported to searches in that. LOL

Yep we can ! Your dog and my cats. We would make a great team.

I meant for my icon to be the sarcastic one, not the questionable one. My bad. But I'm not sorry I feel the "sarcastic way". I'd like to know why someone would need to spend donated money on 2 (two) big $250k + RVs for search efforts (rented or owned). Wouldn't that money be better spent to feed and liquidate searchers, or to pay for specialty teams to aid in the search? The money it takes to gas up those things and keep them running so air conditioning, toilet, etc. works has got to be expensive IMO. Why can't they just throw up a portable canopy and use port o pottys at command centers, like they expect the volunteers to use. They weren't sleeping in them, they were staying at a hotel. Nice one at that.

Oh, yeah...sarcasm changes that statement. :)
Sorry, carry on. :crazy:

Just the fact that the objective was to cover 120 search areas makes it quite clear that there is no way that this could have been a properly organized search. Searching is not something that is only carried out with foot soldiers on the ground scoping around...A proper search should have been focalized and planned beforehand. Sounds like they tried to cover every ping on the map! 120 search areas in less than two days? Not possible under the circumstances.

MOO

Well...I may get bashed for this, but whatever.....Tim is one of the most sincere individuals on the face of this earth. BUT....HE IS HUMAN !!! He isn't "Superman" or anyone else that some portray him as in the profile pics or signatures. That's waaaay too much for ANYONE to live up to. He can't possibly be everything to everyone. I know some of you mothers know first hand how hard it is to juggle the kids band practice, bake sales, soccer, etc. This man spends his LIFE searching for lost souls. Juggling searches...spreading himself thin because he doesn't WANT to have people disappointed like many of you are here. Tim Miller can only do so much....just because "X" amount of people signed up to search, and "Y" amount didn't show. He did the best with what he had. Every search doesn't bring a person "home" to their loved ones. AND, there IS one person who KNOWS where Caylee is !! This same devil of a person waited 31 DAYS to report her child missing - and it would have been more if not for Cindy's calls to 911. LE and ALL involved were put at such a disadvantage, how could anyone predict finding Caylee?? Tim Miller is a super person with all the best intentions in the world. He did what was HUMANLY possible with what he had. May God bless him !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member