VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating, yet horrible, case. I'm thoroughly impressed with some of the members' devotion to this story, and to exploring all possible (and some seemingly impossible) angles. Sam clearly had a horrible home life, with no familial support, affection or love of any kind, at least in the recent past. I believe part of the reason he hung around the house for so many days after the murders is because he was enjoying having the place and space to himself. He wasn't holed up in his bedroom, avoiding the insults of his sister or the depressing scene of his mother smoking pot and watching TV all day. I believe he was quite content eating the Kellys' food, playing on the computer, watching TV, going grocery shopping, and "playing house" for a bit of time, as sick as that may sound considering there were three and later four bodies sharing the space.

As far as why he took Mark's car, I don't think we can ever know the answer to this unless Sam reveals it. For all we know, he may have just needed some air (no pun intended, ahem) and a change of scenery and gone out for a joyride. Using the car for disposal of evidence or scouting for a possible body dumping site doesn't sit right with me - I think that's giving him too much credit and foresight.

And, finally, it seems we've determined, due to Peace Gurl's valuable, much appreciated information, that he called the skinny policeman to the house, in particular requesting to the dispatcher the 'same one who came before', in order to probably murder him as well. Perhaps by this point he was 'coming down' off the high of killing the other four victims and was craving that adrenaline rush and feeling of power again.

"McCroskey calls police from Kelley residence, claiming to hear noises from basement," "Friday, Sept 18 12:58am: He requests that the same officer that previously responded to return to check it out. The requested officer was on another call, so two other FPD officers respond, enter house, go to basement, find nothing suspicious, and leave." Ok, then tell me what you think that was all about? Wow, I don't want to give him too much credit. : )

By the way, could you post the legit news source that says he asked for the same officer to check the house again please? Ive read many timelines on this case and never saw that once. Ive gone over the first 20 news stories on google about that phone call and not one says that.

OK, wait a tic, the same policeman as the one who came inquiring about Mel's whereabouts? When he called about the noise he requested that guy as in singular?

That seems to me that he did intend to take the guy out. He's had some time to get used to the killing thing and started to get a bit grandiose in his thoughts with sleep deprivation and a sense of power from the murders. Could be.

Also, it doesn't take a genius to know that if you claim God's voice or something like that made you do something bad you have a chance at an insanity plea. Perhaps those who know murder cases or follow serial killers?

I don't think we are giving him too much credit at times because there have been some *advertiser censored* who've managed to elude police as well as some smart ones. I don't think the kid is dumb - and when you add deception and the nature of being dark and deceitful, anything is possible from within the hidden personality of another.

What I would like to know is where in the house the preachers body was found.

And, finally, it seems we've determined, due to Peace Gurl's valuable, much appreciated information, that he called the skinny policeman to the house, in particular requesting to the dispatcher the 'same one who came before', in order to probably murder him as well. Perhaps by this point he was 'coming down' off the high of killing the other four victims and was craving that adrenaline rush and feeling of power again.

Please just dont believe what somebody trying to push there theory tells you, especially if you've been following the case and its something new you havent heard yet.

What I would like to know is where in the house the preachers body was found.

What I want to know is where you got that quote about McCroskey asking for the same officer who was at the house earlier? Cmon, Ive went through 30 news stories off google on the 12:58am phone call and not one says he asked for that same officer from earlier or any specific officer at all.

...but peace-gurl ,you're using an exact quote about the he requested the same police guy to come back....it includes a date and time....you start with "Friday Sept 18th,12:58 AM..... where did you get that?living in Farmville is not an explanation ....
I also can't believe that people actually beleive that Sam is saying "Jesus made me do it" as a defense...it's an sarcastic remark and I know it's not a time to try to be funny but that's what he did....that's another thing that also makes me believe that he does not care at all what happens to him now....I think he's done with the world at this point.

...but peace-gurl ,you're using an exact quote about the he requested the same police guy to come back....it includes a date and time....you start with "Friday Sept 18th,12:58 AM..... where did you get that?living in Farmville is not an explanation ....
I also can't believe that people actually beleive that Sam is saying "Jesus made me do it" as a defense...it's an sarcastic remark and I know it's not a time to try to be funny but that's what he did....that's another thing that also makes me believe that he does not care at all what happens to him now....I think he's done with the world at this point.
My heart goes out to his family, I know how they feel. I have been there and done that. But he caused his own pain. He took the lives of 4 people.
I had two teenage members of my family to kill their parents while they slept. They went to prison, got out, had families, and killed their selves. Left their small kids without a mother. And the kicker is they never told why. They never talked to each other again after getting out of prison but both killed their self. One jumped off a bridge and the other hung herself. They caused their own pain. I can not feel sorry for Sam, sorry.

The quote is on a time line that belongs to a friend of mine. I am sure you can ask the police dept and they will tell you if it is true.

I think you're right about the Jesus remark, I think its most likely meaningless. I dont know about him being done with the world though. I think his lawyer saying he was "in shock" and "Twenty years old -- he's never been locked up before. He's wrestling with it." Is more telling than anything we know. I dont think he's emotionless and non-caring, Its a shock to the system, Id bet that he's cried a couple times for himself in there the first week or so. I dont think he's an emotionless robot waiting to get to the execution gurney. We'll have to wait and see.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/FARM221_20090921-235202/294638/

...but just IF it was true it wouldn't make sense either....he requests a certain officer and then that guy ends up dead?.....why would he give himself away like that?....I think it's obvious he got scared after the welfare check and thought if he called himself he may be able to say someone else was in the house because he reported noises....I also think he enjoyed his time alone in the house....such a nice house....I don't think he was in a hurry to leave ....

...but just IF it was true it wouldn't make sense either....he requests a certain officer and then that guy ends up dead?.....why would he give himself away like that?....I think it's obvious he got scared after the welfare check and thought if he called himself he may be able to say someone else was in the house because he reported noises....I also think he enjoyed his time alone in the house....such a nice house....I don't think he was in a hurry to leave ....

I agree, he had to leave quickly once LE showed interest in the house, they saw him there earlier so he called police in a desperate attempt to try and put another person at the scene, then made his getaway.

Another possibility? Positing the request for a specific officer is true, then...

Maybe Sam was considering giving it up after the officer made the first call. He's had contact with this guy once, so he asks for him now. Get him over there and let it be discovered. He's ambivalent but he feels like he can tell that guy if he gets him back. Then other officers come instead. He can't turn himself in, let his crime be discovered. His original call was to say he heard something, so he just went with the ruse.

I dunno either.... Just speculating. I definitely appreciate all the new input we're getting here. Welcome, Peace_gurl and Mia!

Noises in the cellar makes no sense as a story to indicate an intruder. How did the intruder get into the cellar? Where is the point of entry? And since the animals are down there it is even more unbelievable.

Maybe he is just that dumb, but it is pretty hard to believe. The police didn't believe it as indicated by the fact that they made only the most cursory check of the house when he called with this report.

The fact is that he waited around the house until he found a fourth victim. We don't know if he planned to kill others or wanted to.

Personal attacks and insults? You mean remarks like "Eating bon-bons and watching Oprah." My theory i state as my opinion, and I argue as you do with others, the hollywood movie theorys that people claims they "know" happened. And I dont make up facts to try to sound like Im right, I state whats known.

What's known doesn't fully explain the crime as we have discussed here for quite a while.

And no one "knows" whether Sam killed for simple jealousy as you have argued here over and over ad naseum. That is not a fact; it is at best an opinion, mere speculation, and I think you know that. And yet anytime an alternative appears there you are to smash it down and REPEAT THAT STORY.

It seems very important to you that no alternate theory survives.

As I said, it is quite interesting.

Noises in the cellar makes no sense as a story to indicate an intruder. How did the intruder get into the cellar? Where is the point of entry? And since the animals are down there it is even more unbelievable.

Maybe he is just that dumb, but it is pretty hard to believe. The police didn't believe it as indicated by the fact that they made only the most cursory check of the house when he called with this report.

The fact is that he waited around the house until he found a fourth victim. We don't know if he planned to kill others or wanted to.

And him wanting to kill a police officer he didnt kill makes more sense to you? How? He didnt kill a police officer or even try, he fled and tried to catch a plane to california right after he made the claim of hearing things in the house.

And again you state your opinion as a fact that he waited for a fourth victim, as if its the only possibility he stayed in the house, as if there is no way the father became a victim by showing up unexpectedly to the crime scene with the murderer still there. That couldnt possibly be true. :rolleyes:

And him wanting to kill a police officer he didnt kill makes more sense to you? How? He didnt kill a police officer or even try, he fled and tried to catch a plane to california right after he made the claim of hearing things in the house.

And again you state your opinion as a fact that he waited for a fourth victim, as if its the only possibility he stayed in the house, as if there is no way the father became a victim by showing up unexpectedly to the house. That couldnt possibly be true. :rolleyes:

What was he doing in the house for three days? You still haven't proposed an explanation for it.

He could have left at any time. He seems to have had the money required to change his flight in his bank account all along since he used that money to pay a cab driver later. Unless you think someone deposited that money there so he could escape...but that would require an accomplice or co-conspirator wouldn't it?

And yet he did not leave, but walked and drove around the town acting like nothing ever happened. Only when he nearly got caught out on Poorhouse Road did he leave town. And even then, he didn't leave right away, but stopped and had breakfast before calling a cab.

This is not what someone does when they impulsively commit a crime and then try to avoid the consequences.

What's known doesn't fully explain the crime as we have discussed here for quite a while.

And no one "knows" whether Sam killed for simple jealousy as you have argued here over and over ad naseum. That is not a fact; it is at best an opinion, mere speculation, and I think you know that. And yet anytime an alternative appears there you are to smash it down and REPEAT THAT STORY.

It seems very important to you that no alternate theory survives.

As I said, it is quite interesting.

Yea, and you havent been spewing our occult research angle ad naseum like a professor.

It was a murder of man on his girlfriend, thats why I believe its a domestic crime, along with what a couple witnesses said. I know its to plain for you and the explanation cant be that un-creative for you. And I dont think its the only possibility, I think when those are the partys involved its the most likely. Not just jealousy, but anger at rejection or something similiar. I dont think he would have killed his girlfriend unless he was upset at her for some reason. I think there is a lesser possibility that he killed these people just to kill them.

Yea, and you havent been spewing our occult research angle ad naseum like a professor.

It was a murder of man on his girlfriend, thats why I believe its a domestic crime, along with what a couple witnesses said. I know its to plain for you and the explanation cant be that un-creative for you. And I dont think its the only possibility, I think when those are the partys involved its the most likely. Not just jealousy, but anger at rejection or something similiar. I dont think he would have killed his girlfriend unless he was upset at her for some reason.

Wait. There were witnesses to this crime?

Also, he killed two other women. Was he jealous of them as well? Angry over being dumped?

Another interesting posting from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members