2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Do we really need experts to testify about the decomposition odor?
The jury can take their own smell test.

Well they could take a piece of material with decomposition on it from a know victum, a pizza box which has been sitting in the trunk of a car for 12 days and two dead squirrels that climbed up into an engine for about the same length of time and have the jury compare them with the sniff test. Not too hard to figure out the decomp smell from the carpeting in the truck of KC's car. It would have more impact than the testimony about the dogs, the air testing by Oak Ridge Lab and, of course, the statements from her parents, LE, towyard, etc. Revolting as it may sound, there would be NO DOUBT in the jurors minds what they were smelling. jmo

I am reading all these motions now - but seriously, somebody needs to get counting skills. Is it me?
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331430/detail.html

Page 3
"admission of the statements would be improper on four separate grounds."

Where is the third reason?
1. Right to counsel 5th and 6th
2. (Secondly) due process
4. (Finally) 4th and 5th

So can we make up #3??????? :banghead:

Mostly what I have gotten so far, is the team sure is spending a bunch of time and resources following youtube, WS, bloggers and comment sections. :seeya::seeya: waves to her team! But, as fun as we are :chillout::werk:

Oh, just kill me now. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!

Motion to Restrict In Court Photography/Videoing on page 3, number 11, where CM complains about the "bloggers" hearing comments made at the defense table via the microphone.... and even gives a couple of examples..... anyone notice that one of the examples is NOT KC saying, "Make him stop"!!!!! Guess he doesn't want to call extra special attention to that little ditty. :giggle:

Motion to Restrict In Court Photography/Videoing on page 3, number 11, where CM complains about the "bloggers" hearing comments made at the defense table via the microphone.... and even gives a couple of examples..... anyone notice that one of the examples is NOT KC saying, "Make him stop"!!!!! Guess he doesn't want to call extra special attention to that little ditty. :giggle:

What would be the difference if someone were sitting behind them and overheard their conversation and came on here and repeated it. They're in open court. Keep your mouth shut. Come prepared to court so you know what to say and how to say it. JB should not use court time to brush up on his legal skills. And legal pads are cheap, write it out if the mics are open. Somehow SA does not seem to have the same problem. Sounds like CM is venting his frustrations because he has no control. jmo

A NYE gift to HHJP and anyone else who's getting motion sickness while reading the defense's latest dramatics:

images

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSezdU6n9t3rtcQy72YhFfemtlW76WSCzRLzq-aoUzvKp0MZ_TUuw

I don't know about anyone else... but I am so looking forward to seeing the look on HHJP's face when the whole subject of the motion to exclude the "Jib Jab" internet cartoon "because it so clearly must have been made and released by the prosecutors office in order to defame and ridicule the defendant" comes up. Somebody better call the courthouse department of "Chair and Pen maintenance" to tell them to be ready for a busy day Monday. Hizoner is gonna be rocking so hard he will appear blury on the TV cameras.

I don't know about anyone else... but I am so looking forward to seeing the look on HHJP's face when the whole subject of the motion to exclude the "Jib Jab" internet cartoon "because it so clearly must have been made and released by the prosecutors office in order to defame and ridicule the defendant" comes up. Somebody better call the courthouse department of "Chair and Pen maintenance" to tell them to be ready for a busy day Monday. Hizoner is gonna be rocking so hard he will appear blury on the TV cameras.

We need to chip in and buy him a gaming chair.

It may be wise for the OC Courthouse to install seat belts on JB's defense chair, oil the swivel mechanism that allows it to spin, and to make sure to rotate and balance the wheels on the bottom.

With as many opportunities Jeff A. will have to speak to the motions, JB's chair spinning / rolling routine is going to put some mileage on that puppy.

A thought......Wouldn't it just be easier for him to put a rear view mirror on the defense table???

As far as Judge Perry's chair.......I hope Santa got him a new one with heavy duty shocks. The bench is going to be rocking.

From page one of this tattoo-related motion:

“…The tattoo in question is a script tattoo that reads “La Bella Vita” (The Beautiful Life), and was obtained on July 2, 2008, approximately two weeks after Caylee was reported missing

Not quite as glaring as it was for them to say the duct tape was recovered "NEAR" the remains--but still, rather a factual stretch for us what have studied the facts.

I hope HHSS is not sitting on his rainbow right above HHJP's head Monday because he will get knocked cattywhompus when HHJP's chair rocks fast enough to finally achieve liftoff...

“…The tattoo in question is a script tattoo that reads “La Bella Vita” (The Beautiful Life), and was obtained on July 2, 2008, approximately two weeks after Caylee was reported missing

Not quite as glaring as it was for them to say the duct tape was recovered "NEAR" the remains--but still, rather a factual stretch for us what have studied the facts.

I hope HHSS is not sitting on his rainbow right above HHJP's head Monday because he will get knocked cattywhompus when HHJP's chair rocks fast enough to finally achieve liftoff...

Wow, does it really say that? Wow.

Let's remember that during one of Lee's jail visits he asked her if the tattoo was Caylee related and KC answered affirmatively.

BBM That's right up there with George's claim of the attorney (whose name is presently evading me) allegedly flipping him the bird during a deposition, while attorney was simply adjusting his eye glasses. What a ridiculous (and paranoid) claim! JMO

BBM That's right up there with George's claim of the attorney (whose name is presently evading me) allegedly flipping him the bird during a deposition, while attorney was simply adjusting his eye glasses. What a ridiculous (and paranoid) claim! JMO

I believe that was Attorney Mitnik (sp??).

*bbm*

Here is the thread discussing the items found near the soccer field @ JBP discussed above.

• Many of the image links from the original posts are no longer valid
  • Second to last page of thread shows you aerial view of the exact location where the items were found
  • This is a great example of why we try to keep threads on-topic and available for reference even YEARS later.
HTH

Thanks for finding that thread BondJamesBond. Another detail I remember is that the shorts and top set we questioned was aqua blue polka-dots, and Casey was wearing a similar top in one photograph taken of her sitting on a sofa with others. But after much discussion, it was pretty much determined that although similar, it was not the same as the discarded clothing found at J. Blanchard Park.

IIRC.............that was during the civil case depositions. The attorney was Mitnick, I think.

Okay, I have received some direction and approved the posts I had previously "hidden" per Tricia's instructions.

Please understand I was not attempting to censor anyone, this motion just caught me off-guard and I was not quite sure how to handle it until I spoke with the admins. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as I learn this new mod stuff. It is like being a "newbie" again at times. lol

Resume talking freely and just be mindful of the TOS.

I know I'm late coming in here (was celebrating our 44th anniversary) but I wanted to do more than just push the thank you button, 'Beach.

The huge majority of us here at WS want only to add help and support in this case and would be chagrined if we thought any of our postings have done anything to make the case against Casey stutter. We rely on you and the other mods to make sure that doesn't happen. . . So there are time that "censoring" might be appropriate and I appreciate that all of you mods are sensitive to that!

Thank you for being perceptive enough and evaluating all our posts from a perspective we might not be cognitive of when we submit our comments. . . I, for one, sincerely appreciate it and would never consider that kind of censoring an insult!!

Thank you to all our mods! :gthanks:

I think it is important to know that there is a difference between "censoring" and removing violations of TOS.

...and it seems that we have "a deep moral prejudice" as a result of viewing photos of the tattoo.
Ok, Baez...what don't you get...31 DAYS!! Everything else is just proof of the pudding if you ask me.

Umm- they do realize that she wasn't reported missing until July 16th, not two weeks before the tattoo was obtained, don't they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back