Cindy & George Pick Out Jewelry for Caylee - (Cremation Jewelry?)

Ok. Wheww. I was beginning to think something not right with my thoughts. LOL

lol, I admit I didn't have the courage to go against the tide here and it didn't really matter what I said anyway, but since you were brave enough I couldn't let you go on unassisted. :blowkiss:

Isn't Cindy an RN? Shouldn't she be aware of signs of suicicde?

I just have to...........:crazy:
She didn't seem to be aware of the 7 months of
pregnancy Casey was carrying around.
:computer::couch:

FOR Caylee for HER funeral. I don't think that can be taken in any other way but the literal.
How many toddlers wear jewelry? I don't know of any except maybe pierced earrings.s

How many toddlers wear jewelry? I don't know of any except maybe pierced earrings.s

All my granddaughters love playing with beads and necklaces and all little girls love to play in their mom's jewelry boxes and Caylee was nearly 3 years old. So she was pretty old enough to like jewelry.

Jewelry in with the deceased is usually returned to the family.

What? it is ?? You mean if I wanted to be buried with my wedding rings they would return them to my husband? Are you sure about this? (also Caylee is being cremated, not buried.)

lol, I admit I didn't have the courage to go against the tide here and it didn't really matter what I said anyway, but since you were brave enough I couldn't let you go on unassisted. :blowkiss:

Awwwwwwww. that was sweet. lol. But I guess I was wrong anyhow. The wording was "For Caylee for HER funeral"........but thanks for your admission...as for "brave"...now I'm wondering if "duhhh" is more like it! LOL.
:blushing:

My two girls...now 4 and 5 1/2 have been given jewelry since the day the wear born....each have about 3 necklaces, bracelets and rings (althought they never worn the rings. They were each given jewelry to wear on their baptism day, and to this day they wear the jewelry on special occassions. Im sure many toddlers have jewelry, but dont wear it every day.

Lots. A big part of Caylee's life was playing dress up. Look at her pictures. She loved it.

I don't think it was intended as written. I think Cindy Anthony stated she asked George to help pick out jewelry for Caylee's funeral.....meaning FOR HERSELF to wear. At least that is how I interpreted it. Am I the only one that interpreted it this way? Isn't it possible she wanted his opinion on what she should or shouldn't wear as jewelry?

Lavanda,
I thought the very same thing when I read about the jewelry.

I don't think it was intended as written. I think Cindy Anthony stated she asked George to help pick out jewelry for Caylee's funeral.....meaning FOR HERSELF to wear. At least that is how I interpreted it. Am I the only one that interpreted it this way? Isn't it possible she wanted his opinion on what she should or shouldn't wear as jewelry?

I wondered if that might be what she meant, too. But, another article made it sound like the jewelry was for Caylee.

I think out of Love and trying to find some type of closure they just want to put some of Caylee's favorite things in her casket when they lay her to rest. Toys, the jewelry she would wear/princess/ Disney and any other items that she loved. A lot of people will do that, that is normal. What this tells me is that "Cremation" is no longer being considered. The fact that they were considering cremation would make people think that it would not make sense at all to buy jewelry for Caylee and some even thought it was for Cindy. So, in dissecting the article I came under the assumption that cremation is no longer being considered. But, I could be wrong and if so, then I to would question why the jewelry? Unless they plan on cremating everything. That would seem strange to me but maybe to them it's all the same. They just wanted the best for Caylee and want to lay her to rest with her things.

Oh, I don't have any problem with how they choose to do things for her funeral or to insinuate in any way that they shouldn't. Our family has always given tokens of love.

It was strictly a question about the cremation process since I have not gone through that experience with anyone close. I don't know what is allowed to go through the process.
I have no idea either what is allowed or not for cremation. I was under the assumption though that it was just clothing. But if she is going to be buried, then I definitely can see a token of love being added to her casket. MOO

Or maybe help her pick jewelry out for Caylee's funeral was for HIM to wear? Pick cufflinks, etc???? Just tossing thoughts out there. I just did not get it that it was for Caylee. I could be wrong, however. I've never planned a funeral...and hope to never for many years to come.

When we planned my father's funeral, my mother was in shock. My brother and I were numb.

We ended up having a viewing to comfort members of my father's family although my father did not want people looking at him after he was dead. I imagine some at the funeral would have preferred religious words during the service.

Shortly after my father was buried, my husband and I made "our" arrangements in advance. I don't want my children to have the ordeal of making the decisions while they are hurting. Nor do I want anyone criticizing my children because my husband and I do not want the same kind of service most of our relatives would consider appropriate.

I thought I protected my children by making arrangements in advance about my service (or lack of), viewing, visitation, memorial plaque, plot and what would happen at the gravesite. It never crossed my mind that if my kids decide to put something in my urn it could become an issue.

I think how a family says their final farewell to a loved one is very, VERY personal.
JMO

After hearing/reading about Cindy's request for George to pick out jewellery, my first thought was to have some of Caylees favourites to be placed inside the coffin with her; but not long after that thought i wondered if they might be planning to have some displayed amongst her pictures, and other special belongings sitting on top of the casket.

I surely don't think it had anything to do with jewellery for themselves lol.

Isn't Cindy an RN? Shouldn't she be aware of signs of suicicde?

Not if you yourself are on the brink.I think I need to go to the myth thread,however as an RN myself I can tell you several things have been mentioned here that are stated that Cindy should know just because she is an RN! RNs work in many fields and specialties and may not be an expert in the field of psych..For example many have stated that CA should know what a decomposing body should smell like.Nurses take care of the living,and maybe the dying,but not decomposing! So sorry but I don't think we can hold her responsible for GA's actions.She may well have been aware that he was depressed,but,however so is she,both with very good reason.

I hope I don't get bi@#!-slapped for posting this.....

And I understand this dosen't have a whole lot to do with to actual thread title.

I have been enjoying all of your stories. Some made me laugh, some cry.....
and like most, whatever the family wants to do, so be it.

I thought of this, because of the subject at hand (funeral stories, jewerly, how everyone does it their own special way and so forth)

Has anyone ever heard of life gems? I saw a story on it one time on some morning show. It's unique.

http://www.lifegem.com/index.aspx?BannerType=GoogleText&BannerMessage=certified_diamonds

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back