OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing about these cases is they tend to disappear unless a family, friend, or media keeps it in the spotlight.
Also if LE could get some more evidence and let media know that would help it from disappearing as well.
This case is completely solvable and it hurts me to think we have heard nothing in a long while.
I'm sure the Sheriff can't be so busy out there he doesn't have time to work on this one.

Got a reply from Latoya Silmon, nothing new. Here is a entire response

snip~Hi Elle,

As of now no updates to report. You can click on Newson6.com and read all the stories associated with it. As for the friend, I don't believe that's been reported.

Latoya Silmon

KOTV

Anchor/Reporter

(918)732-6219 ~end

Darn it. I was hoping to get the name. Does anyone else get the idea that she knows the name but hasn't been allowed to release it? Seriously I think i could find out the name of this guy just by asking a neighbor. I think they are being asked not to report the name. Not necessarily because he is under suspicion but because they are still trying to find him.

BBM
Isn't Ms Silmon a reporter?? :waitasec:
What about doing some research for reporting "breaking news'' ....rather than just reading the news....gezzzz:crazy:

BBM
Isn't Ms Silmon a reporter?? :waitasec:
What about doing some research for reporting "breaking news'' ....rather than just reading the news....gezzzz:crazy:

Hi petra, indeed Ms Silmon is a reporter. She seemed to be following the families disappearance while the ground searches were still ongoing. I actually submitted a question to her via the newson6 website because I had been searching for an update on the investigation. I couldn't find a website for the sheriffs office and I had hoped for some good news.

I don't live in that state of course, and I am definitely not related to the family. I just hate to think this case might be forgotten. They seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

When Sherilynn told me they had moved the mother to Eufaula, it was last summer ('08). I cannot remember if it was her mother or his mother she was referring to. I worked with Sherilynn last summer, so the disability mentioned must have come sometime between last summer and this fall. I know from listening to Sherilynn when we worked together, she repeatedly mentioned to clients (she was a hairstylist) that she had lost a sister, their house had caught on fire and her son was burned, her husband was disabled and they were moving the mother to Eufaula. She didn't seem to have any physical disabilities, but seemed preoccupied with the bad things that had happened. I felt she was having a hard time getting past it. I never heard anything from her about being bi-polar or depressed, although I could see how she may have needed counseling--and she may have been getting help, I don't know. I don't know that a person would share they were in counseling to everyone. Too much time has passed since they disappeared, and I think it's sad there are no answers to their whereabouts. Sherilynn was a very sweet and gentle person and her little girl was precious.

Welcome Junebug1, and thank you for the inside information. It is horrible that they were not found yet, I just hope they decided to take off themselves even though I don't feel that was the case.

When Sherilynn told me they had moved the mother to Eufaula, it was last summer ('08). I cannot remember if it was her mother or his mother she was referring to. I worked with Sherilynn last summer, so the disability mentioned must have come sometime between last summer and this fall. I know from listening to Sherilynn when we worked together, she repeatedly mentioned to clients (she was a hairstylist) that she had lost a sister, their house had caught on fire and her son was burned, her husband was disabled and they were moving the mother to Eufaula. She didn't seem to have any physical disabilities, but seemed preoccupied with the bad things that had happened. I felt she was having a hard time getting past it. I never heard anything from her about being bi-polar or depressed, although I could see how she may have needed counseling--and she may have been getting help, I don't know. I don't know that a person would share they were in counseling to everyone. Too much time has passed since they disappeared, and I think it's sad there are no answers to their whereabouts. Sherilynn was a very sweet and gentle person and her little girl was precious.

Any idea what the cause of the fire was? Did the fire take place summer 2008? Did they rebuild?

Hi Junebug1 :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths!:)
Sherilynn seems to have had a lot of tragedy in her life, i would be depressed too. In order for her to get SSI or SSD, (for a mental disorder such as depression, clinical depression, anxiety) she would to be diagnosed by a psychiatrist, so i am guessing she was seeing a psychiatrist or both psychologist and psychiatrist. A lot of people just have a psychiatrist who they talk to for counselling and also get medication scripts from. Since she was getting SSI or SSD, she may have went to a state run clinic and met with a therapist there.

She sounds like such a sweetheart. I really wish police and the media would give us more info on this case. It needs closure.
Thank you for your post, it is good to hear from someone who knew her, as we know so little about the family.

I don't know when the fire to her home took place, how it started or what was done about it.

It is possible that's what happened. Bermuda triangle anyone? Stumbling into a rip in the time space continuum?

I'd think scientists would have figured out that area by now if it was some kind of quantum leaphole..
No one reported seeing UFOs there.

I think the family met up with Foul Play and it's sad that the mother won't plea to the media to bring more attention to this case!
If they were my relatives, i would be doing all i could, hounding LE, the media until i knew they were doing everything they could to get closure.

We haven't heard anything else about the man LE was looking to speak with who lived with the Jamisons for a year.

Welcome Junebug, do you live in the area still? If so would you be willing to go the LE and file a FOIA request? I can send you the form, it is really easy and they have to respond. They can black out certain information, but you never know we might get lucky.

Hard to believe that a family simply vanishes, leaving behind $$$, a vehicle and a pet! I just happened upon this story today, by accident. Granted I live in MIssouri, not OK, but I feel like this story should have gotten national coverage. Leads can come from anywhere but tend to run cold...with the passage of time.

Hard to believe that a family simply vanishes, leaving behind $$$, a vehicle and a pet! I just happened upon this story today, by accident. Granted I live in MIssouri, not OK, but I feel like this story should have gotten national coverage. Leads can come from anywhere but tend to run cold...with the passage of time.

I agree with you, and i don't understand why the story hasn't gone national. It needs to, i wish Sherilynn's mother and other relatives would speak up to the media or do something. She seems to just accept that its "god's plan" and whatever happened happened. That won't do!
This story needs national attention so that pressure is put on LE to actually try to find this family or what may have happened to them!

Welcome Junebug, do you live in the area still? If so would you be willing to go the LE and file a FOIA request? I can send you the form, it is really easy and they have to respond. They can black out certain information, but you never know we might get lucky.

Does one have to live in the area to file a FOIA request?

I don't know when the fire to her home took place, how it started or what was done about it.

Junebug1, do you know if Sherilynn was having problems with anyone? I had heard there was a man staying with the family who said some very nasty things about her Native heritage.
I hope you come back on and post again, i enjoy reading your posts as you worked with Sherilynn so your perspective is important.

No you do not have to live in the area to do a FOIA, but it is a lot quicker.

No you do not have to live in the area to do a FOIA, but it is a lot quicker.

What all does it involve to do a FOIA and what would one have to ask specifically? What is the process?
I've never done one before and am curious..

All you have to do is fill out the FOIA ppwk. ( I would call the local sheriffs office and ask them if they have a specific form) some places you can just send them a letter stating that you would like a copy of the missing persons report under the freedom of information act. Other places it is a short form that you just fill out and fax in. It is rather simple, just easier in person to go there, fill out the form and then get the copies while you are there. Here is a link to the one that I fill out for the Michigan State Police, just to give you an idea.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-101_6455_7.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member