a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KCL, re ALV; what do you think her motivation is for putting it all on the line for this murdering sociopath? I mean, all the years of standing up for abused women and exposing injustice, etc. So why in the world would she take this position and dig in so deeply for it? She had to have been talked to by COUNTLESS people in her field warning her, discouraging her, yet still - here she is. I myself have no idea, it makes no sense.

KCL, re ALV; what do you think her motivation is for putting it all on the line for this murdering sociopath? I mean, all the years of standing up for abused women and exposing injustice, etc. So why in the world would she take this position and dig in so deeply for it? She had to have been talked to by COUNTLESS people in her field warning her, discouraging her, yet still - here she is. I myself have no idea, it makes no sense.

marcie I have to say I'm baffled myself.

At first I didn't think it would be for $ like $amuels. She doesn't look like a big money seeker, to me.

Then I didn't think it was for fame as she is at a mid level of notoriety in her field and seems to like that kind of grassroots level lifestyle.

I don't have a clear sense of why she'd throw her long earned career under the bus for this sociopath.

But after these courtroom antics of derailing the trial, asking for early breaks she doesn't need , approaching Travis' family etc. I'm thinking a healthy degree of Narcissism may be at play here. And this would be too good an opportunity for recognition for a Narcissist to pass up. That's the only thing I'm landing on at this point.

It's baffling as she's destroying her career. Maybe she was wanting to retire???

You are good to get all that....yes I do believe this is what she really means by NO jury will convict her like she said to Inside Edition. She will intimidate and proceed to a mistrial. Evilness in the flesh...would she kill again? That is what my question is?

What I would love to see is Michael C. Hall (aka Dexter) sit quietly in court as an observer and keep giving JA Dexter's "Dark Passenger" stare.

Juror 5 is talking. My heart goes out to her. She's read those horrible things said about her. Those terrible people who didn't listen to the family straight out tell them to stop, that she did not deserve that kind of hate.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21895330/2013/04/05/juror-no-5-tells-her-side-of-the-story

Juror 5 if you are reading I think you are a wonderful person who took her job very seriously. Please do not take all of the vicious comments you have been reading to heart. I know it's hard but there are people on the internet who will attack anything just for fun becuase they feed off drama. So much that they open their big mouths with out bothering to listen to the people they feel they are "protecting" telling them to knock it off.

There are many people here who have not judged you and will not judge you, I think you are a brave, brave person for showing up in court and for taking a stand on not expressing your opinion about Jodi becuase you still take the case so seriously. My Opinion Only but I think Travis would be very proud of the brave girl who takes her stand and doesn't let anyone or anything scare her away.

Hang on and keep being brave. :seeya:

ETA: There is more then one video on the link I posted but she is now going to watch court from home.

I agree. Juror #5, if you're reading this, please take care of yourself. We're eager to hear your side of the story after the trial is over.

At first I didn't think it would be for $ like $amuels. She doesn't look like a big money seeker, to me.
I thought she was immediately when she plugged the coming release/re-release of her book. I knew in an instant she was capitalizing on a high profile murder case. She also mentioned when she first began testifying as an 'expert' in courts that she didn't realize she could 'testify and get paid for it'
Then I didn't think it was for fame as she is at a mid level of notoriety in her field and seems to like that kind of grassroots level lifestyle.
She definitely thrives on 'fame' - looking at her c.v. it is 20 pages long!!!!!! On average c.v.'s should not be longer than 2 or 3 pages

But after these courtroom antics of derailing the trial, asking for early breaks she doesn't need , approaching Travis' family etc. I'm thinking a healthy degree of Narcissism may be at play here. And this would be too good an opportunity for recognition for a Narcissist to pass up. That's the only thing I'm landing on at this point.
I absolutely agree
It's baffling as she's destroying her career. Maybe she was wanting to retire???
I think she's been looking for new fodder to try write another book and what better than a murder trial. Everything about her smacks of ego and self serving - she's grasping at them straws. I don't think in the whole scheme of life she comes off as a professional making a lot of money. It is evident simply by the clothing she wears. At $250/hr and $300/hr for court she's making her years worth of salary. Her fee for 'conference' or workshop appearance is very low, which in itself is an indication her style doesn't command a higher fee. She is 65 years old.

ALV isn't doing this for money I don't think. As some of you have mentioned it's narcissism. She feels entitled to her deep-seated hatred for men. She'd rather support a female terrorist than a battered man.

I think she's been looking for new fodder to try write another book and what better than a murder trial. Everything about her smacks of ego and self serving - she's grasping at them straws. I don't think in the whole scheme of life she comes off as a professional making a lot of money. It is evident simply by the clothing she wears. At $250/hr and $300/hr for court she's making her years worth of salary. Her fee for 'conference' or workshop appearance is very low, which in itself is an indication her style doesn't command a higher fee. She is 65 years old.

Regarding the CV, 20 pages is really not that long. While resumes should be only a page or two, people who have CV's often list practically everything they've ever done professionally, whether it's co-authoring an article, attending a conference, being a speaker, etc. I know someone whose CV is so long that he has a table of contents page. :floorlaugh:

of course she was watching, she knew her career might not come out of this alive...

paging dr. samuels....

Oh, she knows. She made a reference to whether or not she would have a job to go back to during the first few minutes of her direct. This was a conscious roll of the dice for old Alyce.

I don't have a clear sense of why she'd throw her long earned career under the bus for this sociopath.

It's so odd, right?? Here's someone with a 20 page CV; it's not like image isn't important to her.. :/

The irony is, if ego or narcissism fueled her decision ~ I would think what's getting ready to happen Monday would be the last thing she'd ever want people to see. After the appetizer we got Thursday night, she is so outgunned for what's in store this week.

Juan Martinez may know that continuum better than ALV, and she wrote it. JMO, but there's no question those journals, texts, letters, etc. are committed to memory and as familiar to Juan Martinez as his home address. She's asked for every second of what's coming to her, but still...wow...

Oh boy, well I will tell you this. I've never, nor would ever approach her even though I could. Unlike her, who approached even though she shouldn't and yet did it anyway.

It just slays me she derails this trial (yet again) with a "need for a break" yet uses that moment to ambush a family member. It's just unreal!

By the way I've heard back from a pretty influential reporter who is investigating this....I just want it exposed in a way that counts. Not that we don't "count" but you know....;)

I would love to see a reporter investigate this atrocious behavior. Miss L should also understand that Jodi Arias' backside isn't the only thing that will live on in infamy on the internet. Her hideous testimony trashing a brutalized victim on behalf of a psycho killer and her amatuerish courtroom antics will as well.

ITA, I thought the book thing was pretty quickly mentioned..and most professionals would never put out a 20 page CV! Lot's of good points here, thanks!

This is off topic but I just read on the State vs Jodi Arias page on Facebook that Dr. Phil may have a financial arrangement with Sandy Arias. That some of the facts will be revealed on HLN on Monday. It is alleged that Dr Phil Production Company is paying for her families living expenses, license fees and photos of Arias family etc.

Dr. Phil producer has been visiting Jodi in jail per jailhouse visitor log.

I'm kind of upset because: where's the help for the victims family:furious:?

I'm on the fence about this. I really don't think her parents are bad people. The only dislike I have is the way the mom/aunt react sometimes in court. Through the police videos and some of the stuff JA testified to, they sound like pretty decent people trying to parent (unsuccessfully) a crazy person. If they only way mom can be at court everyday is to sign on to Dr. Phil, I guess a mom does what she has to do. Not saying I'd do this, but nobody knows what they would do in this type of situation unless they've lived it. JA is still her kid.

I'm sure Travis' family could sell themselves to reality tv if they wanted and have their expenses paid. They have taken another road. A very respectable road.

the only thing i can think of is that she was sold a bill of goods by the defense attornies and sadly, she bought it. then she met with jodi who is a pathological liar and she bought her story too. I have no respect for this person who has trashed a man who was mercilessly slaughtered. I believe she will regret the side she has chosen.

My apologies if these details have been mentioned before.

ALV is no shrinking violet - no pun intended - as at college she was the leader in lots of groups and was Queen of - argghh I forget.

She has also been married.

Her old fashioned and dressed down appearance to me is intentional. She's no dummy but a narcissist building an image for you to buy into.

It appeared to me that it was planned by the defense and ALV to behave in that manner towards JM. The same as JW snarky remarks prior to that asking ALV if she had memory problems or if she had feeling toward Jodi.

That is probably the plan and so is trying to break JM's stride and rhythm with attitude and objections. ALV's .."Mr. M. are you angry w/ me? I would like you to speak to me like I speak to you" was patronizing and irrelevant, but I dont think anything can stop this train now. It's sad, as she probably has helped many victims in her career, but, I ( personally) would be shocked if anything will be left of her or her career when this is over and JM's is through with her.

One more thing. . . :furious:

ALV said on the stand - under oath - that she had not watched or followed the trial.

But when asked by JW if she had any problems with her memory, her answer was not one of puzzlement or indignation, it was one of amusement.

IF ALV had indeed never heard Juan asking multiple witnesses that very question, she would have been at the very least, puzzled.

But she wasn't. She was amused. And JW, in saying, "Let's just get this out of the way" before asking her the memory question, shows the world that JW knew her 'expert witness' had followed the trial, even though ALV said she hadn't, and said she hadn't, UNDER OATH. :furious:

ALV wasn't thrown by the question, she appeared to anticipate it. ALV and JW shared some smiles and giggles after that one. They thought they'd gotten one over on Juan. (Think again!)

Just another example of how narcissists don't think rules pertain to them, including swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

In my opinion, that makes her a brazen LIAR!

I am just now collecting my thoughts on the tail end of wilmont's direct and Juan's cross and I had listed this exact thought!

So, if she is not watching is DEFENSE COUNSEL telling her of prior testimony - thus violating a court order? That was clear as mud that she got the humor of the question. Talk about misconduct!

I want to vomit! Please..please...just when I thought this couldn't get any worse! My heart is so broken...Dr. Phil should know better....

Dr. Phil needs to know it would be a much better for to support Travis' family...and help publish Travis' book in honor of him (and support of other male victims of domestic violence)...

We need to boycott Dr. Phil!!!

We already don't care for Dr. Phil, so this won't be hard for us!

I just can't believe he would stoop this low.

This is off topic but I just read on the State vs Jodi Arias page on Facebook that Dr. Phil may have a financial arrangement with Sandy Arias. That some of the facts will be revealed on HLN on Monday. It is alleged that Dr Phil Production Company is paying for her families living expenses, license fees and photos of Arias family etc.

Dr. Phil producer has been visiting Jodi in jail per jailhouse visitor log.

I'm kind of upset because: where's the help for the victims family:furious:?

Oh gosh well I can see that Dr Phil would want to do some shows on the family of this monster. But pay their living expenses? What "license fees" do the Arias family have to pay?

By the way KCL, watched your video and it was great. You are beautiful!!
Love your hair and eyes.

So glad you noticed her eyes too! That is why I highlighted in the bottom right hand corner of the collage her eyes. They show compassion, honesty, the knowledge of pain with the sparkle of JOY still alive and dominate (over pain) and so much more. The eyes are truly the pathway to the soul for me and always have been. Miss Katiecoolady has eyes that tell me the person behind them is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mollyk