Identified! CA - San Diego, WhtFem 547UFCA, 20s, may be from Arkansas, Jan'00 - Nicole Weis

Also, did you notice the UID's doe said
"Investigators believe the woman is from somewhere in Arkansas."

And Foster is from Arkansas.

I am curious what leads them to believe doe is from Arkansas. I wonder if we can find out.

I can see some possible similarities, and I think it warrants a closer look. I wonder if there are other sketches out there.

Although, one thing that also stood out was that Anita has tattoos, and it only mentions hands and left calf of doe removed possibly for identification. No other tattoos mentioned. Would those be evident given her condition?

It says only her face was burned. So Anitas genital and other nonfacial piercings, as well as her other tattoos would have been visible still. It says there were no other distinguishing features, besides the removal of the skin on L calf.
Doe is estimated at 3-4 inches taller than Anita, Doe was also estimated at 60-70 pounds heavier.
hair color is different, but that one doesn't bother me.
Teeth survive burning, usually, so I think any dental abnormality would have been noted, but we can never be sure on that, unless it states the teeth are straight.
I'd still submit it, but would be very surprised to see these match.

I contacted San Diego LE to see about the possible match but haven't heard back.

What do you think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/547ufca.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2734dfar.html

I like the match because:
  • facial similarities
  • height and weight
  • the length of time it took to report Anita missing

I think the facial features are really close,
the weight and especially the height are off.
The weight could be overlooked, or explained, but not the height.
I very much applaud your efforts though! :blowkiss:

It says only her face was burned. So Anitas genital and other nonfacial piercings, as well as her other tattoos would have been visible still. It says there were no other distinguishing features, besides the removal of the skin on L calf.

I did not read it that way. She was on fire when they found her, which leads me to believe she was burned everywhere:

"Firefighters found the victim, wrapped in cardboard secured with a rope, burning in the lot. When the officers arrived they found a body totally engulfed in flames."

And just mentioned in identifying characteristics that her face had been burned beyond recognition therefore they could not give out those features. It does not say anywhere it was only her face.

Height/weight has been off before. This would not be enough to deter me from considering someone if other things looked similar. It's something to consider. The Arkansas connection makes me think it might be worth checking out.

I think a call to see if there is a rule out list available would be my first move plus more information is needed before submitting and possibly wasting LE's time.

The height and weight appears to be off and it also states there were no identifying marks. Ms. Foster had multiple piercings and tattoos.

I could not find anything on this UID on Namus.

It's interesting they think she might be from Arkansas. Maybe a search for other missing women from Arkansas is in order.

Maz

:cow:

I'm actually more concerned about the weight than the height. People coudl

5'6" vs 5'9" on a burned body might not be a problem - being brutal, think of how a piece of meat changes size when you cook it. If the body was that badly burned, the height couldn't be more than an estimate. This is especially so if Anita was actually an inch or two taller.

However given the loss of fluid and oxidation involved a weight estimate of 190 - 200 lbs would mean there had to be a great deal of body remaining as it is quite a large size. Anita worked as an exotic dancer and was therefore likely in good shape. If she had been on the streets, etc., and out of contact with her family for 2 months + she'd be unlikely to gain weight.

Of course if the weight estimate is based on a severely disfigured or deteriorated body then it may not be that accurate... and it's feasible to imagine that the 130 lbs is an underestimate so I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

I agree that evidence of the piercings and tattoos may not have survived the flames - plus if she was living on the streets etc she may have simply removed the piercings for hygiene purposes, having difficulty in keeping them clean - and then the fire would have taken care of the rest.

There are plenty of good reasons why this match might not yet have been made - but I don't think one can be excluded either, especially given the possible Arkansas connection.

Wonder what the circumstances were as far as Anita being found? was she alive or dead? she is still listed in missing persons databases as of this post.

i'm not sure what to make of that....the LE seemed 100% that Anita was found in TX???

kpdx - maybe call the LE agency handling Anita's MP case and inquire about the status of both her case and the possible match? Maybe the person who originally reported Anita had been found received inaccurate info or maybe she has been found and none of the data bases have been updated? I tend to lean on the person who was told she was found received bad info....

hth and tia

Kelly Dunn could also be a possibility if, for some reason, they mistook Alaska for Arkansas.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2939/2
I wish I knew why they though she was from Arkansas.

April Wiss
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5392/0/
I will post my thoughts later this evening. I just wanted to get this on here before I forget.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

547ufca.jpg
wiss_april.jpg

April Wiss
LKA: 1/11/2000
Height: 72" - UID is estimated 69-70"
Hair: Sandy Blonde/dark brown - UID is light brown (I think that's the same)

April had tattoos on her right hand and scars on her left hand, which could explain the removal of the hands on this UID. No mention of a calf tattoo though.

She had mentioned wanting to go to California in the weeks prior to her disappearance. She was slated to testify in a criminal trial and was unhappy about it.

After typing all of this out, I have a few reservations about this match, but the timing, height, weight are pretty good. There aren't a lot of missing girls that are this tall.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Bump! Interesting case. My parents live near the church where the UID was found. So creepy!
Was April Wiss ever submitted? Where did the info that "she was slated to testify in a criminal trial" come from? Could she have been killed to prevent her testimony?
I wonder what made the San Diego PD think that the UID was from Arkansas? I note that Kansas is pretty close to Arkansas.

Just heard from SD LE. He talked to AK LE to see if it was a match. Apparently, he just got word that Anita was found in TX.

I think he was wrong and Anita should be submitted again , its things like this that keep people from being identified .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back