SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above, RS&BBM:

I just have to jump in here quick because LadyHawkke did not say she didn't carry a purse. Someone else did, still not sure who, but I'm positive it wasn't LH because I said she had said that a while back and she jumped it to correct me. So, I have to apologize, again, for starting that rumor, with my faulty recollection :blushing: You probably remember me saying LadyHawkke said she didn't carry a purse, when actually it was someone else I never figured out. Sorry !

BTW- I totally think it's a hat. Those rivet(?) things are there and I can't imagine them on a purse. The silver looking thing could be a pin, or something. I've seen people put them on hats...IMO.

Okay, I hate to bump my own post (how tacky :floorlaugh:) but I have to because I want to make sure the purse comment is clarified before LH comes on here and takes me to task! (rightly so)

I am sure someone said it somewhere, :doh:. But, clearly, as per the pic above, they were wrong.

If it was a cap, it would have a handle in front of the silver-ish logo. I don't see one. as far as the purse thing. There are other pictures of HE carrying a purse. not completely outside of the realm of possibility that she happened to decide to use one that night. this one even looks like a plausible possibility of being the same one. In regard to the panel lights, I'v pointed to the ones that I suspect could be door ajar and park. anyone with that kind of truck on here can confirm or deny is welcomed to.

Really don't think the hat needs to be addressed anymore but I just have too, lol. What handle are you talking about? This is a side/back view of a cap. The back where the adjustments are made for size, you can see the hole there. the logo is on the side and the visor part is not in the photo because it's a photo of the side and back of a cap. It's rounded like a cap, the sizing hole of a cap is there, the red rivets are there as clear as a bell. You have to view this as the back and side of a cap, not from the front on.

LE knows more than we do because LE can...for example access her bank records and see if she had withdrawn a large amount if cash if she was planning to run away or anything. ...purchases of tickets and etc.... and I believe that if that was the case they wouldnt be looking for her...so they probably do have reson to beleive she was abducted and for whatever reason they are not making public the reason why they know that...

Thats not real encouraging i know...but i know some on ws have said that they are not certain that LE kniws that there was even a crime commited ....its just my opinion that it is fairly obvious that a crime has been comitted...m.o.o.

Anyway....what are some other signs that someone is a runaway?...the only thing i can think of is not leaving personal belongings behind....like taking them with you like laptop cellphone and clothes...and also money or purchases of tickets and etc...does anyone know of anything like that?...because that woukd actually be good news... m.o.o.

Above, RS&BBM:

I just have to jump in here quick because LadyHawkke did not say she didn't carry a purse. Someone else did, still not sure who, but I'm positive it wasn't LH because I said she had said that a while back and she jumped it to correct me. So, I have to apologize, again, for starting that rumor, with my faulty recollection :blushing: You probably remember me saying LadyHawkke said she didn't carry a purse, when actually it was someone else I never figured out. Sorry !

BTW- I totally think it's a hat. Those rivet(?) things are there and I can't imagine them on a purse. The silver looking thing could be a pin, or something. I've seen people put them on hats...IMO.

I was able to edit my OP in time, nosysw, along with an apology.

Thank you assisting me in setting the record straight.

There may still be enough time for you to be able to edit my quoted OP (up to you).

In any event, I am sorry for any confusion! :blushing:

purse.jpg

stick.jpg

If it was a cap, it would have a handle in front of the silver-ish logo. I don't see one. as far as the purse thing. There are other pictures of HE carrying a purse. not completely outside of the realm of possibility that she happened to decide to use one that night. this one even looks like a plausible possibility of being the same one. In regard to the panel lights, I'v pointed to the ones that I suspect could be door ajar and park. anyone with that kind of truck on here can confirm or deny is welcomed to.

I try to visualize her reaching for the supposed hat. Its almost freakish how big that hat would look.
Im about to take a field trip to the driveway and will answer your dashboard question shortly

We also have a hat around here to where we could compare size and etc... and prove or disprove if a hat would look that big...m.o.o.

So good to hear people are coming out and helping! I take it by the lack of news that nothing was found? Can you tell us what areas were searched? The same as before or have they widened the search area?

My group worked the same area in the am and off Rivers Oaks Dr in the pm. Animal bones and such but nothing significant. The bottom fell out just as we were getting back to check out so everyone sort of raced to their cars so I wasn't able to talk to anyone in any of the other groups. BD's mom was there all day...such pain in her eyes

That's okay cause I think we may both have been quoted and I don't want to mix it up more by trying to fix it. NOT, that I've ever done that before! But thanks for trying to help me :D

You have nothing to apologize for. It was completely my bad, and I've found out that LH is very forgiving.

JMO, but I can't imagine her not carrying some kind of a purse, for brush, make-up, etc...

Im about to take a field trip to the driveway and will answer your dashboard question shortly

We also have a hat around here to where we could compare size and etc... and prove or disprove if a hat would look that big...m.o.o.

Check Engine

I drive the same truck as my work vehicle.

Attachments

• LED-Dash-Lights-Instruments-Ford-Ranger-WLED-xHP5.jpg
    LED-Dash-Lights-Instruments-Ford-Ranger-WLED-xHP5.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 74
I think the fact that the VI says it's a hat is plenty of proof for me (but I do see it, as well). I also noticed on the article linked a few posts back, it shows the full body view of HE in her TK uniform. I noticed a visible shadow on the right side of her waist. I'm wondering if this is the picture that's caused speculation about bruising. Not really much to add, but jmho. Hoping heather comes home soon.

I try to visualize her reaching for the supposed hat. Its almost freakish how big that hat would look.
I don't think the hat looks big at all, and it could be distortion from the camera. You are looking at the hat as if it were facing the passenger seat but the front of the hat, the 'handle' is facing the windshield therefore, you can't see it. You can only see the side and back of the hat.

Attachments

• stick.jpg
    stick.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 61
Really don't think the hat needs to be addressed anymore but I just have too, lol. What handle are you talking about? This is a side/back view of a cap. The back where the adjustments are made for size, you can see the hole there. the logo is on the side and the visor part is not in the photo because it's a photo of the side and back of a cap. It's rounded like a cap, the sizing hole of a cap is there, the red rivets are there as clear as a bell. You have to view this as the back and side of a cap, not from the front on.

I just don't see it, man. So your saying the logo is on the back or what? If the hat was on a clock and the front being the hand, then I could see it being a cap facing like 5 o'clock but the visor/handle should be right below the silver logo looking thing. also, there is no top button or seams. the red rivets seem plausible, but what guy would wear a white cap with a silver/diamond colored logo and red rivets???

...its a giant girl purse.

Check Engine

I drive the same truck as my work vehicle.

Thanks MBNative! Those lights aren't anywhere near the same location as questioned upthread.

I know you're tired, and you have unwinding to do! :)

I just don't see it, man. So your saying the logo is on the back or what? If the hat was on a clock and the front being the hand, then I could see it being a cap facing like 5 o'clock but the visor/handle should be right below the silver logo looking thing. also, there is no top button or seams. the red rivets seem plausible, but what guy would wear a white cap with a silver/diamond colored logo and red rivets???

...its a giant girl purse.

The logo is on the side of the hat. Doesn't mean there isn't one on the front, but there is one on the side as well. If you want it to be a purse, it's a purse. I don't think it has any bearing on he's disappearance what it is. to me it's a hat, lol

The logo is on the side of the hat. Doesn't mean there isn't one on the front, but there is one on the side as well. If you want it to be a purse, it's a purse. I don't think it has any bearing on he's disappearance what it is. to me it's a hat, lol

lol, your right. it doesn't matter.

Even if LE does assume they have a crime...without evidence of one, how can they proceed? Sure, they can try to extract a confession, if they have a suspect, but they can't take it to court, when they cannot prove she did not just lock up her car and leave. That is what a defense lawyer will say she did, most assuredly.

Not that I think the hat has any significance in HE disappearance, I feel like I need to jump in here :) My 18 yr old wears hats frequently as do most of the young men in this area. I can't remember a time when he got in a vehicle to drive that he didn't toss his hat on the dash in this same location. All of the young men wear baseball caps that look "new". The old way of rounding the rim is out. They keep them "fresh" which keeps them looking higher like when first bought. As far as the logo and red rivets...could be a Gamecocks hat (that's half of them here with the other half being Clemson Tiger Paw). And..if it's a silvery or glittery logo/pin...it could be HE's hat. Girls here do this and toss the cap before driving :)

Yeahhhh....the only difference it would make if it were a purse or a hat would be if someone found the purse or hat somewhere....they would know its her purse or hat

If she carried her purse and it wasnt in her car or home...we should know what it looks like....searchers should anyway....purse cell phone and etc.... m.o.o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti