State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-12 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have any thougts concerning Mr.G, the dog, who was most likely asleep in the master bedroom at the time of the assault. As a dog lover and owner myself, the fact that there are no dog footprints in blood is extremely interesting to me. As an observor of dogs behavior over nearly half a century, Mr. G's behavior says a lot IMO.

I forget, did he say Mr G slept in the bedroom or did he say he plopped down wherever? Pretty sure he probably closed the bedroom door when CY was down and he left. When CY opened the door the next morning, the blood had dried.

The dog was probably "freaking out" because it was not let out Friday am and it was 1:30PM.

And why were there only signs of both of these different size footprints only in the bedroom. Did these *two* strangers up and fly out of the house after the crime? Why would a couple of strangers take off their shoes, and clean themselves up enough to not leave any trace of blood in their exits except for that tiny amount of blood on the doorknob downstairs, exiting the residence.

gracielee, pls elaborate. What is your conclusion about the prints?

I forget, did he say Mr G slept in the bedroom or did he say he plopped down wherever? Pretty sure he probably closed the bedroom door when CY was down and he left. When CY opened the door the next morning, the blood had dried.

The dog was probably "freaking out" because it was not let out Friday am and it was 1:30PM.

they said he slept in his bed by the master bed

My dogs would have heard someone come into the house before i did, and gotten up to go investigate.

So Mr. G does that, sees its only Jason. Jason shuts him in the garage.

Just a thought

If that were the case, Meredith came in through the garage, wouldn't she have heard/seen him there? And if Jason left him back in the house *after* he was done murdering Michelle, wouldn't Mr.G. have gone back upstairs to his bed, as per his usual practice. I read/heard somewhere that Jason said Mr. G. always went up to bed when he was tired, not waiting for them to retire to the bedroom. Mr. G. 'took himself to his bed' when he was tired and ready to settle down for the night.

JMO, but I think Mr. G. was whimpering and frightened because he knew the person who came into the house that night. That's why he didn't go back upstairs to his bed. He was confused, frightened. Only his 'pack members' were in the house that night, no strangers.

My dogs too, would have heard someone coming in. Had it been a stranger, my dogs would have become extremely loud, vocal, barking and growling, etc. And I have no doubt in my mind, my extremely sweet, big dogs, would have bitten a stranger. My dogs who have grown up around children, and have never bitten anyone, have snapped at a couple strange men over the years, who they thought seemed dangerous for what ever reason. They've put themselves between me and a stranger, and if that stranger moved towards me, they have snapped. If that stranger attempted to come into our house uninvited, or made some sort of move that appeared to them as 'not right', they've reacted. When I am out walking them, and someone comes forward to pet them, they are extremely sweet dogs, accepting of pets from strangers as long as I speak and make sounds that are observed by them to be *friendly* gestures. But I have no doubt, were someone to approach me in a way that elicited fear or anger or something from me, my dogs would react in kind.

All the more reason to suspect his master, JLY.
Mr G would have been over to help MY if the attacker was a random intruder.
In that case, he would have been a bloody mess.

The car accident:

It was just testified that MY was reaching in the back to get some lotion as she just had a shower........

It is only natural that any accidents they were involved in were going to be scrutinized by LE and it was.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1063178/

INVESTIGATORS COVERING ALL POSSIBLE ANGLES IN PROBE OF YOUNG HOMICIDE

"Still, they are examining every aspect of the couple's life together, including a May 2006 Transylvania car accident in which Jason Young drove off the road and down a 100 foot embankment into the French Broad River.

Neither he nor Michelle Young were injured"

"They just wanted to know the circumstances. and if I saw anything unusual with the accident, and I did NOT"

Highway Patrol Trooper Daivd Hicks

I'm curious JTF, do you own a dog? Are you familiar with their different behaviors? If Mr.G. was whimpering or freaking out to get outside, he would have approached Meredith and *expressed* to her his *need* to go outside. The fact that he didn't, tells me Mr.G. wasn't freaking out because he needed to relieve himself. He was whimpering and freaking out, out of fear & confusion. IMO

I have question; during the first trial, which I followed closely, I was surprised at how unprepared the prosecution team was for JY testimony. If it was unexpected for the prosecution, at that moment, could they not petition the court for a recess in order to have time to collect their thoughts? I know the judge wanted to keep the session rolling but I would have thought that the prosecution would have done something to prepare for this possible circumstance.

I seem to recall Holt only had the lunch break to prepare for the cross of JLY.
Too bad, because she could have burned the midnight oil, and with help, nailed his azz the next day.

gracielee, pls elaborate. What is your conclusion about the prints?

IMO, the fact that the adult footprints began and ended in the bedroom, indicate to me that who ever was in that house, cleaned himself up to a certain extent, in the bedroom. Removed his shoes, and carried them in a plastic bag or something, out of the house. They didn't just commit the murder and run out of the house with their shoes *on*. They didn't drip any blood along their way back out of the bedroom and down the stairs. JMO

I'm curious JTF, do you own a dog? Are you familiar with their different behaviors? If Mr.G. was whimpering or freaking out to get outside, he would have approached Meredith and *expressed* to her his *need* to go outside. The fact that he didn't, tells me Mr.G. wasn't freaking out because he needed to relieve himself. He was whimpering and freaking out, out of fear & confusion. IMO

I do...I too am a big dog lover.
I lost my 13 year old yellow lab, but remember his behaviors well.

MR G's freaking out could be a combination of needing to get outside and also seeing an unresponsive MY and the dried blood all around her.

Regarding the accident, a co-worker testiied that Michelle wanted her skin lotion, removed her seatbelt and was reaching back to get lotion. I don't recall any testimony where it was said that Jason asked Michelle to take off her seatbelt and do something in the back of the vehicle.

That is because there is no testimony ever that Jason asked Michelle to remove her seatbelt.

I just posted this before I saw your comment, sorry!

The highway state trooper whose job is it is to investigate accidents, found nothing unusual and stayed with his earlier report, that it was just what he said, an accident.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1063178/

I have question; during the first trial, which I followed closely, I was surprised at how unprepared the prosecution team was for JY testimony. If it was unexpected for the prosecution, at that moment, could they not petition the court for a recess in order to have time to collect their thoughts? I know the judge wanted to keep the session rolling but I would have thought that the prosecution would have done something to prepare for this possible circumstance.

Every team, Pros or defense, should be prepared for just about anything or anyone.

Even if BH only had a short time, she still could have asked him some of the more important issues surrounding this case.

IMO

<modsnip>

The PT is using the "wreck" at every turn for a good reason.....they think JLY attempted to kill MY and the baby 5-30-06. There will be further testimony from Fiona about the circumstances of buying $2,000,000 accidental death insurance, 3 months earlier.

Mark my words

:laughcry:

I do...I too am a big dog lover.
I lost my 13 year old yellow lab, but remember his behaviors well.

MR G's freaking out could be a combination of needing to get outside and also seeing an unresponsive MY and the dried blood all around her.

I'm bothered by Mr.G's reaction. If it were one of my dogs, or my daughter nextdoor's dogs, who we take care of when they go on vacations, they run up and meet us at the door when they 'need to go out'. Yet on the 911 call, Meredith reports to hearing Mr.G., but not yet seeing him. IIRC, concerning Mr.G., Meredith says something about not noticing him until he turned up at the front door, as she was preparing to exit the house with Cas, per the instructions of the sheriffs office on the 911 call.

Sorry for your loss, JTF. Although we have taken in numerous adult rescue dogs since, the loss of our *heart dog* to oral melanoma at age 13, we still grieve for her. :(

Yes, they did.

So, we are to think Mr. G stayed out of the way when Michelle was being brutally beaten and did not try to interfere, no matter who the killer was, including Jason?
:waitasec:

There were a few times in the last trial, Mr. G 's name was brought up, only for the Judge to halt anymore from coming in.

I never figured that out.

It came at the end of Josh Dalton's testimony and BH objected, and that was it.

:confused:

As I have said before I only paid surface attention to the first trial. Yet, I do not remember any emails coming in as evidence. The one we heard Friday IMO was not very substantial or incriminating. I just read on here two emails with much more substance and that I find very incriminating. The one where Jason is so angry about having to watch Cassidy and not able to cut the lawn, he says he "could kill Michelle" Also the email exchange between Jason and his sister, Heather. She tells him 98% of his friends think he did it. Any chance those emails may be introduced at this trial?

Yes, they did.

So, we are to think Mr. G stayed out of the way when Michelle was being brutally beaten and did not try to interfere, no matter who the killer was, including Jason?
:waitasec:

Maybe Jay cleaned off Mr. G too?
Everything about a clean dog and child points straight to JLY.

Yes "cammy" , we saw your duplicate link 3 posts up.
The PT is using the "wreck" at every turn for a good reason.....they think JLY attempted to kill MY and the baby 5-30-06. There will be further testimony from Fiona about the circumstances of buying $2,000,000 accidental death insurance, 3 months earlier.

Mark my words

:laughcry:

Anybody else remember Pastor Tom Bird? It was thought his wife was killed in an *accident* also, until the death of Mizz Lorna's husband IIRC. :seeya:

Sadly - I think that Jay's decision to not to speak with ANYONE about ANYTHING related to the murder was brilliant.

Here's the thing - if you say NOTHING - you never can be caught contradicting yourself, never can be caught lying, never can put your family and friends on the stand and ask them what you said. Nothing - no data at ALL. We've already established he's a liar - so if you don't talk at all - you can't lie.

Now, whether the ability to actually carry out that strategy is NORMAL - is another story. I know I could not do it - but the complete removal of himself from the situation and the insistence that he not speak about anything related to MY's murder - has left the PT with little to hang their hat on.

It also left them unprepared for him deciding to testify - and since there was nothing to ask him to explain or contradict based on earlier statements - it was impossible to show that he had lied about anything related to MY.

I believe that he did it - but he's made it very hard to prove - and while his actions make him "look" guilty - they provide little evidence of said guilt.

As I have said before I only paid surface attention to the first trial. Yet, I do not remember any emails coming in as evidence. The one we heard Friday IMO was not very substantial or incriminating. I just read on here two emails with much more substance and that I find very incriminating. The one where Jason is so angry about having to watch Cassidy and not able to cut the lawn, he says he "could kill Michelle" Also the email exchange between Jason and his sister, Heather. She tells him 98% of his friends think he did it. Any chance those emails may be introduced at this trial?

Possibly.

The Judge is either allowing more things in than last time that he may have ruled on, or the Pros did not ask for some of them.

This time, it seems everything is coming in.

How important it all will be when we get to the physical evidence, or lack of, I don't know.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member