George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was just GZ family doctor that said it was "likely" broken, not a "nose" doctor. HTH.

"Nose" was a noun in that sentence. Hence the article preceding it. "A nose" doctors said was likely broken. HTH.

Not even if he was on his back with his gun in front of his face??? jmo
Have you fired a 9mm pistol?

At most, the rear sights may have caused a distinct laceration to the nose. Broken it? He'd have had to flung that thing into his own face. There's just no way I could see that happening.

JMO

Have you fired a 9mm pistol?

At most, the rear sights may have caused a distinct laceration to the nose. Broken it? He'd have had to flung that thing into his own face. There's just no way I could see that happening.

JMO

Heck no. Won't go near the darn things, not by choice anyway. I watched a video provided by one of our good posters here awhile back that showed a woman firing the gun and the action of the gun coming back towards her face. She was far enough away from the gun that it did not hit her but had the gun been closer to her body I could see it hitting her in the face. jmo

As in a cut lip???

Possible, but I didn't the gun was that big, nor the recoil that big to cause a busted lip, broken nose and two black eyes. He would of had to had the gun pretty much touching his face when he shot it and even then, I don't know if you would get those kind of injuries.

If it impacted his lip, how was there enough force transferred to the bridge of his nose to break it and cause two black eyes?

Ahhhhh, I don't know??? I was just asking the question. jmo

Heck no. Won't go near the darn things, not by choice anyway. I watched a video provided by one of our good posters here awhile back that showed a woman firing the gun and the action of the gun coming back towards her face. She was far enough away from the gun that it did not hit her but had the gun been closer to her body I could see it hitting her in the face. jmo

Yes, it could have hit him in the face. That's not out of the question at all. The force of it hitting him in the face, though... I can't honestly fathom it being nearly enough force to break a nose and cause black eyes. Maybe if someone physically took it and slammed him in the face with it... But the recoil on its own? Nah.

Yes, it could have hit him in the face. That's not out of the question at all. The force of it hitting him in the face, though... I can't honestly fathom it being nearly enough force to break a nose and cause black eyes. Maybe if someone physically took it and slammed him in the face with it... But the recoil on its own? Nah.

Right, I was thinking (not that I think this happened here) was if the gun caused the injuries, they are more akin to being pistol whipped than from firing the gun.

I also know you don't have to have a broken nose to get two black eyes. Just getting hit in that area of your face will do it. jmo

"Martin’s parents are disputing Zimmerman’s medical report, saying he was not beaten as badly as he claims he was."

Interesting how the accusations keep getting walked back. Initially, the assertion was that GZ hadn't been beaten (because he looked too unruffled on the PD tape), now that there's proof of his injuries the new meme is that he wasn't beaten "as badly" as he claims. It reminds me of the racial slur meme, which had to be walked back to "punks."

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

so now they agree he was beaten, just not as badly???

so now they agree he was beaten, just not as badly???

Well, I guess we can agree that GZ got his injuries while they were on the ground, or when they fell. I would not expect at the point they were on the ground that TM would not have fought back or tried to get away and in both cases GZ could have been injured. jmo

Well, I guess we can agree that GZ got his injuries while they were on the ground, or when they fell. I would not expect at the point they were on the ground that TM would not have fought back or tried to get away and in both cases GZ could have been injured. jmo

What I find interesting is how everyone (including Crump) swore up and down that GZ had no injuries based on a low resolution police HQ video.

???

But the new medical records also show the doctor wrote that Zimmerman "had a weapon as he is authorized to carry a firearm, and he fired at the attacker, killing him."

Sheaffer said that unrelated statement about the gun could raise questions about the report, which otherwise helps Zimmerman.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/records-detail-george-zimmermans-medical-injuries/nN7Dh/

If I recall from what medical professionals in this forum have said, doctors do note how injuries happened. With that being said, I don't see how the doctor writing down bits and pieces of the story would be anything out of the ordinary, but lets see what the medical professionals have to say.

Sounds like the DR trying to testify for GZ to me........I would understand his describing what happened, but saying he is authorized to carry a weapon...and calling TM the "attacker" IDK.....smells funny to me.

I believe I have seen the video you speak of, if we're speaking of the same video that was not a KelTec PF-9 (or any 9mm for that matter), it was something with much more kick.

As a side note, there is a video from a WS member demonstrating the weapon, how to load it and such, and in that video she puts the gun close to her face to show where it would need to be to hit someone in the face. I don't know where that video is as it was pointed out to me while discussing that this weapon can not be cocked manually, I'll look for it and post it if I find it.

I believe I have seen the video you speak of, if we're speaking of the same video that was not a KelTec PF-9 (or any 9mm for that matter), it was something with much more kick.

As a side note, there is a video from a WS member demonstrating the weapon, how to load it and such, and in that video she puts the gun close to her face to show where it would need to be to hit someone in the face. I don't know where that video is as it was pointed out to me while discussing that this weapon can not be cocked manually, I'll look for it and post it if I find it.

Yes, AJ, it was back quite awhile ago when it was released what type of gun he had. jmo

Yes, AJ, it was back quite awhile ago when it was released what type of gun he had. jmo

I just searched all of my posts with the word "*advertiser censored*" and it seems that portion of discussion was deleted, so I have no clue where the video is - sorry. Hopefully whoever pointed it out to me will be so kind as to point to it here for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan