Family of runaway girl says Qwest gouged them

capoly

Reaction score
visitor.aspx

Family of runaway girl says Qwest gouged them

Heather MacNair says she dropped 15-year-old Morgan off at school May 13. The family has not seen the girl since then....

Morgan does not have a cell phone, so her family hoped pulling their home phone records might provide some clues. They say not only did Qwest make them jump through bureaucratic hoops, Qwest also charged them $150 dollars for each days' worth of calls.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/kdvr-qwest-runaway-061909,0,4280514.story

I remember when poor Ma Bell was deemed a monopoly and the Gov't said phone service would be cheaper if she was forced to share the lines.

I also remember that for about 25$ a month (+ long distance) your bill included the phone number of each call made and how long each call was. One would think if the technology was able to do that way back when, it sure should be able to do it now.

Pretty crappy of Qwest.

ETA Morgan is no longer listed as missing.

very crappy of qwest

do they charge le also?

Don't know if there is a charge for LE. Sure someone here will know though. They didn't subpoena records due to her being a runaway. As with missing adults, I don't agree with how runaways are viewed by LE.

Don't get me started on Qwest. I just went through the most frustrating and insulting events with that company.
I made a simple request to have the two individual phones in my household combined on one bill. The idea was to save money by the company's invitation to its customer to "bundle" service.
Qwest screwed the entire thing up.
They disconnected my phone, and my high speed internet and put all the service under my husband's name only. In order to restore what they wiped out, I had to get PERMISSION from my husband, actually put him on the phone to give his permission, to have my service back on.
I spend 15 hours over a three day period and spoke with 11 different people in order to try and straighten out their mess.
Don't laugh but during my time on the line when I complained that I could not hear the representative, she said "But I can hear you." And later when I asked her to explain why I could not hear her, she said, and I'm not kidding - "Maybe because I'm in Utah and you're in Arizona." :banghead:
Save money? They charged me $200 to turn off my High Speed Internet (which I did not ask for) and now are trying to charge us $44.99 for High Speed which used to cost us $30 a month.
I refused to pay any of the bills and the company excused them.
But, I'm not done. I turned them over to the Arizona Corporate Commission, the governmental agency that regulates the phone company, for Qwest's practice of discriminating against women and not telling customers of the service costs whenever a change is made on billing or service.
The fight goes on!

Ewww, we had Qwest in Wyoming when we lived there. I hated it.

capoly said:
I also remember that for about 25$ a month (+ long distance) your bill included the phone number of each call made and how long each call was. One would think if the technology was able to do that way back when, it sure should be able to do it now.

I remember this. You'd get that list with your phone bill. It was much simpler then. Now my "phone" bill is huge, and I have to include cable with it (we used to not have cable TV) because it's cheaper to have phone, internet, and cable than just phone and internet. I guess they forced TV on us!

None of this surprises me at all. I am so sick of corp. greed that I could scream.

None of this surprises me at all. I am so sick of corp. greed that I could scream.

That's so true. It seems every time they make changes that are supposed to benefit the consumer it ends up costing us more with less service!

That's so true. It seems every time they make changes that are supposed to benefit the consumer it ends up costing us more with less service!

Exactly montana_16, it's unforgiveable. It really is a rich get richer and the poorer get poorer world. It's really a crying shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back