TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We did find an additional piece of evidence that we may link to Holly, but we're not releasing what it is, of course," said Kristin Helm, spokesperson for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

She said the new clue was found along the roadside in the northern part of rural Decatur County. Searchers focused on that area on Sunday and were expected to return Monday after a morning briefing of the various law agencies involved in the search.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/25/us-tennessee-bobo-idUSTRE73O3Y920110425

The fact they base searches off of tips and things they find along the way, it appears they really don't have much to say that we don't already know.

There is a possibility that LE knows WHO the person is but do no know WHERE he is.

In a small town like that, with a reward of $80,000, anyone who suspects anyone would be on the phone in a hearbeat to the officials with their information.

I can't decide if this guy is really dumb or really smart. Someone that is trying to get away with something....Well, I just don't see them leaving anything behind on accident. Planting them maybe, but only if he is trying to throw them completely off of where she really is.

WE dont even know if any of this stuff is hers!
WE dont know ANYTHING!
LOL
We have a better chance of finding out what the searchers are having for lunch!

I don't think he would do that knowingly but, as I stated before, he can't keep his eyes on her every second. He has to be driving a vehicle, moving about and they both have to sleep sometime.

I agree with both of your comments (eyes, sleep).

I just assumed that he had her secured in a stationary location and not mobile.

Also, if she had possesion of the phone enough to toss it why not call 911 or hit redial before tossing? Again, we would have to assume she was mobile.

If this "find" is her phone, what are your thoughts on how long it has been at the found location?

I have followed a few cases in the past but many of you are much more experienced.

What are your theories for LE not providing any information at all. I understand not sharing all of the information but virtually none?? Other than the lunchbox we don't really know anything at all. Why did they tell us about the lunchbox?

I think LE knows exactly who the perp is.....LE must think Holly is still alive or they'd corner him. They're probably in hopes he leads them to her. If they arrest him he'll lawyer up & Holly will die before they find her or he talks....

I think the perp isn't a stable person & is probably really into drugs. If LE scares him he'd probably kill Holly & himself. They want to keep her safe if at all possible. JMO Only scenario I can come up with!!!

Since it is said they think this new "item" relates to Holly... that makes me think it is not a personal item that would be easily identified. But what if it was something like an abandoned car? Or a hidden car. Like someone parked it somewhere put a cover on it and left it.

There is a possibility that LE knows WHO the person is but do no know WHERE he is.

In a small town like that, with a reward of $80,000, anyone who suspects anyone would be on the phone in a hearbeat to the officials with their information.

Im not so sure a parent would turn in their son! JMO Or the parent dosent want to think their son would do something like this. JMO

I think LE knows exactly who the perp is.....LE must think Holly is still alive or they'd corner him. They're probably in hopes he leads them to her. If they arrest him he'll lawyer up & Holly will die before they find her or he talks....

I think the perp isn't a stable person & is probably really into drugs. If LE scares him he'd probably kill Holly & himself. They want to keep her safe if at all possible. JMO Only scenario I can come up with!!!

Think about the Laci Peterson case.....LE knew exactly who the suspect was, and kept him in their sights, collecting evidence, until Laci's body floated up.
So they may be just trying to gather enough evidence to make sure they can nail this guy, before he lawyers up.

Remember we don't know that it was the item being reported but I REALLY hope it is.
I think this is one of those deals where they need to be silent about it.

Looking at the satellite maps it's almost a totally private trip from where she was taken to the reported location. Someone that knows the area could easily have stayed away from anyone/everyone while traveling through the woods.

If it was her phone, what is the travel time on foot or in car or on ATV (although I can't see how he took her that way) to the point where this was found?
Would the timing be right for her phone to have rung for the first time since being grabbed, with her mom or brother or BF trying to call her, trying to find her after realizing she was missing?

Maybe the perp was so jacked on adrenaline, or she was fighting or whatever, and he didn't think about getting rid of her phone right away until it rang, and this is where they were or where he pulled over and tossed it. He may not have taken the time to get rid of it in a more remote area but threw it as far as he could from the vehicle. It's probably private property and maybe he thought no one would ever find it there or think anything of it.
Just another theory, we don't know that it was the phone even...

Since it is said they think this new "item" relates to Holly... that makes me think it is not a personal item that would be easily identified. But what if it was something like an abandoned car? Or a hidden car. Like someone parked it somewhere put a cover on it and left it.

I thought of that also but then wondered why would they take searchers with them? Also, that would be a very hard item for LE to conceal. Still a possibility though.

Also, if she had possesion of the phone enough to toss it why not call 911 or hit redial before tossing? Again, we would have to assume she was mobile.

Her battery is dead....so she may as well drop it?

For $80,000 I'd turn in my great aunt Thelma...

One of the St. Pete cop killer kids recently turned imself in at his parents urging. I think it was his mom that got him to turn himself in.

Last night they said that either Tri County Concrete or a plant in the area was closed for at least 15 years. I don't remember if they are the same place or not. I thought that this plant had been renamed Tri County Concrete but had then been closed. I could be wrong though. Can't remember.

Tri County is still in business. Eaton is an abandoned building. NOT the same building but in the same area.

I agree with both of your comments (eyes, sleep).

I just assumed that he had her secured in a stationary location and not mobile.

If this "find" is her phone, what are your thoughts on how long it has been at the found location?

I have two theories on that. If he disposed of the phone, he probably threw it out the first time it rang. If she had the phone in her possession it would become useless as soon as the battery went dead. That doesn't take much over a day on my phone. Just guesses on my part based on the premise that she may still be alive and she has developed some sort of trust with her kidnapper.

Just guessing, I think it may be a piece of jewelry, like a ring. (At least, that is what it looked like the group of searchers were looking for in the photo.)

Were either of the Bobo kids involved in the accident in any fashion? I don't mean necessarily driving the other car, but perhaps at the same party..some way that somebody might 'blame' them for the other girls death in the accident?

Just a thought..

No they were not involved.

Think about the Laci Peterson case.....LE knew exactly who the suspect was, and kept him in their sights, collecting evidence, until Laci's body floated up.
So they may be just trying to gather enough evidence to make sure they can nail this guy, before he lawyers up.

I'm quite certain that is the case! I also feel the reason LE is throwing a few tidbits out since yesterday is to make the perp squirm & mess up. They all do eventually!!!

I have started a FB thread for Holly Bobo support pages. It is in the Members Only Area, The Parking Lot. These discussions must remain in the parking lot and not be brought to the main Holly Bobo thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member