Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
She needs some serious therapy IMO. "And I liked it?" With that attitude, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we have a sleuthing about her within the next ten years. It's tragic that someone's moral compass has gone that far south.

I haven't been back on this site since the case first broke. I randomly checked the news today, saw that National Post story, googled Destiney St. Denis' name and ended up right back here (hi guys!).

I, too, was shocked at how nonchalant she was about watching it 20 TIMES (?!) and any lack of empathy whatsoever for Jin. Sad world we live in...

1. True or false: LM was home-schooled until he went to a regular school for third grade at Charlottetown Public School in Scarborough.

2. True or false: LM's mother had him at age 16.
f 6 th grade !

Why Magnotta’s lawyers didn’t request a psychiatrist assessment

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/can...psychiatrist+assessment/6442666863/story.html
First off, the title is misleading as usual since it is all more speculation. However, I think they might be correct. He knows he will not get off for this crime and what might be uncovered in the process would be more damaging than just sucking it up if the outcome is going to be the same in the end.

I will add that NOTHING is more painful and exhausting that psychiatric/therapy sessions. There are probably things in his childhood that he would rather die with in prison than face in order to be free. Honestly, if I lost it, committed a crime, and ended up in prison I might feel the same way.

While I haven't heard of morphine as a party drug in a mainstream sense, I do understand that some people that were prescribed morphine for pain can become dependent on it and may use it recreationally combined with alcohol or other substances. Did Magnotta have a known history of morphine use?

IMO the two drugs that Magnotta might have the easiest time obtaining and produced the desired effects on the innocent victim are: ketamine and ghb. It wouldn't have been difficult to spike the victims drink and take effect within minutes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
no, he went online , asking basically best to way to knock someone out then posted that he concluded ,morph would be best .

I am only able to tell you about Canadian law/rules:

1. Yes, there IS a medication which renders a male impotent.(Don't know if this applies in this particular case).

2. The 'impotent med' is administered via IV.

3. But......the male in question must:
a) Agree to be rendered impotent,
b) Show up for the IV infusion.

4. As far as science goes right now......NO, there is no medication which will reverse/erase/stop urges to kill, mutilate, etc.

So........no AND let's remember that the criminals also 'have rights'.

Did that help?
Yeah, it's called pot. Renders everyone useless, and makes killers choose Taco Bell over a killing spree anyday. See, we need to legalize here in US!! :p

Germany like Canada does not release information about a suspect while on trial to the media.I'm sure they disclosed everything they have with Canadian authorities but they won't release it to media....
wished this would have happened (well of course I wished it WOULDN"T have happened) but since it happened why couldn't it have happened in FloridA? We'd have huge document dumps by now...
RIght I am confused is it only cause this is prelim hearing or in canada are we NEVER gonna have an OJ scene? -

no, he went online , asking basically best to way to knock someone out then posted that he concluded ,morph would be best .
Narcotics can cause sleep paralysis, which would be pretty frightening in this instance. When I had a pretty horrific horseback riding accident (think "When Animals Attack!) and was taking max dose of Norco I would fall asleep with my eyes partially open so I'd see the lights, movements, shadows, going on around me from the street or TV, etc., and go right into night terrors. Any real attack would have been pretty terrifying.

Keep in mind that morphine is one of the oldest pain medicines and prior to more advanced and stronger forms of anesthesia it was used during amputations, etc., during war.

Interesting article. Sounds very plausible.
Especially in light of the Anders Breivik development, in which prosecutors want Breivik to go to a psychiatric facility, as they now have doubts about his sanity. All the while, Breivik insists he is sane.
He wants to be seen a certain way--control the way the public perceives him.
LM has been trying to control the way the public (internet) sees him, too.
It would make sense that he would want to keep his notoriety intact.
And after a few months of the reality which is prison, he might just change his mind?

2 very different cases, but an insight into the complexities of the insanity defence/plea.
But imagine, nothing real starting for a year and half from now - by then the media could care less ! Nothing - yesterday was a great play - its over! We here have a bit of wrap up to do and then it is forgotten..................actually there will be a blurb when he kills himself or gets killed in a month and half but that also will be brieif!!

Narcotics can cause sleep paralysis, which would be pretty frightening in this instance. When I had a pretty horrific horseback riding accident (think "When Animals Attack!) and was taking max dose of Norco I would fall asleep with my eyes partially open so I'd see the lights, movements, shadows, going on around me from the street or TV, etc., and go right into night terrors. Any real attack would have been pretty terrifying.

Keep in mind that morphine is one of the oldest pain medicines and prior to more advanced and stronger forms of anesthesia it was used during amputations, etc., during war.
But LM did not really care about victim , all he wanted was something he could obtain, and reduce risk of victim being able to flee and go to authorities.! Just wanted vistim still enough to not be too much of a hassle........

First off, the title is misleading as usual since it is all more speculation. However, I think they might be correct. He knows he will not get off for this crime and what might be uncovered in the process would be more damaging than just sucking it up if the outcome is going to be the same in the end.

I will add that NOTHING is more painful and exhausting that psychiatric/therapy sessions. There are probably things in his childhood that he would rather die with in prison than face in order to be free. Honestly, if I lost it, committed a crime, and ended up in prison I might feel the same way.
Great post sir on target - and LM is brillant, his lawyer only needed what 11 hours for him to agree ; nah lets not do insanity crap NOW!
poof done !
I think what is happening is everyone is so focused on his narcis stuff, he is brillant (LM) , in a cage, now best to hide and be quiet, let the world forget (and the world shall- look how quiet it got media wise after he was arrested in Berlin - became a non story nothing!)
A Lawyer can only do what client consents to ! He will never be free and we shall never know much more than we do now.
As far as this case goes , for us here, it is like slowly , carefully taking off the band aid!!!!!!!!!!!
We shall hear nothing more, that is interesting or helps us .........................

:what:
Do we believe these incest claims made by LM? Before I read he had sex with his sister, now it is his Mother going by this account???
These are very weird claims!! Sick fantasy of his maybe???

I think he claimed to have sex with his step-mother and his sister as well. There is an article by Justin Ling which mentions these conflicting details as well. If the story changes, it is likely a lie. JMO
While the exact nature of Magnotta’s earlier life is notoriously hard to pin down, there is at least consistency amongst a lot of his online profiles. While some of the details change -- such as whether he had sex with his sister, mother or stepmother as a child -- there is at least a driving narrative that Magnotta had a disquieting, troubled childhood.

http://www.xtra.ca/public/National/Portrait_of_an_accused_murderer-12097.aspx

I don't doubt for a second that he was sexual abused, probably extensively and by multiple people. And I just have a gut feeling a lot of ugly stuff will come out in trial. Wanna bet? :)

Why Magnotta’s lawyers didn’t request a psychiatrist assessment

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/cana...863/story.html

I think this article makes some good points. I'd like to add, that if LM did get a psychiatric eval in order to attempt an insanity defense...it could be a very bitter pill for him to swallow. We know he has been estranged from his family for years who want nothing to do with him. We know that these schisms likely are related to significant family dysfunction, abuse and/or him being unmanageable as a child. He has posts online describing his hate for his mother. For him to take on an insanity defense, it would basically corroborate his family of origin's choice to banish him. Reiterating that he's too crazy to have any contact with. This flies in the face of the part of him that feels a "victim" of his childhood circumstances and that the responsibility is external to him. While in exile from his family he concocted the LM identity ...a highly convoluted composite of success, fame, beauty, desireableness, danger, outlaw, and killer. I agree with the writer of the article that he'd be more invested in maintaining his ghoulish (and unconvincing) patchwork prostitute/killer/model charade.

But imagine, nothing real starting for a year and half from now - by then the media could care less ! Nothing - yesterday was a great play - its over! We here have a bit of wrap up to do and then it is forgotten..................actually there will be a blurb when he kills himself or gets killed in a month and half but that also will be brieif!!

By the time his trial begins, it will be all over the news again. People forget a lot, agreed, but there will always ring a bell with the majority of the population, when it re-appears in the news in 9 months or even 18 months when the real deal is starting.

Example:
In the country I live, there was december 2010 a major headline about some guy who was a pedo. A picture was discovered in the states, and was linked to my country. The night it was broadcoasted on a crime solving tv show, the perp was arrestested the same night. After a week he admitted his crimes,
and the trial begun on 17 march 2011, rested for a bit and then in april 2012 it came to it's final apotheosis . The final result of the trial was 21st of may 2012 and he will appeal to higher court. But still, people ( and the media ) didn't forget what he has done and everyone was following it. Also due to the fact, that the nature of his crimes were so gruesome and that he didn't deny it at all! ( he even stated there were more, but since you didn't ask about those, i' didn't mention it ). As for now, he faces 20 years in prison and he will be send off to his majesties grace.

Sorry if i don't know all the correct terms about when is what hearing/trial etc, and that i didn't put much info about the crimes, but i hope you get the big picture.

LM was severly abused

Seems like so many want to believe he never told the truth. He did often, He shouted to the world I like dead bodies, I like blood, I like eating poop.......................noone listened.His abusers did not hear him when he shouted STOP either........

That is why (NOT excusing it) he took it to where he did a couple of weeks ago.
SOmeone will notice me NOW !

You may not like him, I do not, but this is a human being has been hurting for years :
Read this:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1199889&page=7
its number 165 check out the pic

read it believing every word is him ............................imo it is -----------too much adds up

If anger needs to be the primary emotion it should be directed at parents, school teachers, friends, lovers, LE etc

who never got him help or made sure he would not be able to do what he did -- he had been crying out for help for 15 years., he had been posting all over the internet hey, hey you , you right there I am a serial killer, I am a necro, etc etc
.I kill animals I hate my mother I hate my sister I hate I hate I hate
Hindsight always good .......
..but the tradegy here is he asked to be stopped, over and over and over , and noone did and ......................................................................here we are ...........huh?

I just realized that I have been so sucked into the frenzy that I have never entertained the thought that Luka is somehow not guilty, or perhaps not entirely guilty. I certainly have not seen anything to support this, but I'm sorta shocked at myself for not entertaining that thought. I think that the choice of victim is too incriminating - someone completely innocent and unknown. But whatever. I think I will spend the next few weeks employing the Scientific Method to see if I can disprove my hypothesis that he in fact committed this crime. If nothing else it will keep me entertained. ;)

By the time his trial begins, it will be all over the news again. People forget a lot, agreed, but there will always ring a bell with the majority of the population, when it re-appears in the news in 9 months or even 18 months when the real deal is starting.

Example:
In the country I live, there was december 2010 a major headline about some guy who was a pedo. A picture was discovered in the states, and was linked to my country. The night it was broadcoasted on a crime solving tv show, the perp was arrestested the same night. After a week he admitted his crimes,
and the trial begun on 17 march 2011, rested for a bit and then in april 2012 it came to it's final apotheosis . The final result of the trial was 21st of may 2012 and he will appeal to higher court. But still, people ( and the media ) didn't forget what he has done and everyone was following it. Also due to the fact, that the nature of his crimes were so gruesome and that he didn't deny it at all! ( he even stated there were more, but since you didn't ask about those, i' didn't mention it ). As for now, he faces 20 years in prison and he will be send off to his majesties grace.

Sorry if i don't know all the correct terms about when is what hearing/trial etc, and that i didn't put much info about the crimes, but i hope you get the big picture.
BUT and I have asked for help is it accurate, in Canada that there would be no real time live day to day 8 hours a day coverage? My limited understanding is that Canada will not ( another whole topic but IMO that is good ) cover this.

If Canadian law says NO in a year and half and there is not OJ / Casey coverage noone will pay attn.
Where you live , when it came back to life, were cameras IN the courtroom? Day in day out (Casey was the pitts way too much!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie