PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was great reading!

Well, that's that, for now. I have a feeling this isn't going to die down very quickly. But I will say this, we owe Ray. The man gave decades of his life upholding the laws of our commonwealth here in Centre County. We owe him. And it should not stand that a prosecutor, a man elected by the people, can disappear without a trace. Right or wrong, Buehner and McKnight generated a discussion and a debate that had essentially fallen silent. But where does it go from here?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Isn't it amazing that a District Attorney goes missing and his investigation goes as array as Ray's did? One would think that it would be the biggest investigation and manhunt utilizing every single resource available to find out what happened to the District Attorney and to save themselves the embarassment of having this unsolved disappearence on their hands which make them look incompentent.

I don't want to think so but I believe the upper eschelion's are purposefully thwarting this investigation. They do not want it solved. Why? That is what I would like to know.

I don't want to think so but I believe the upper eschelion's are purposefully thwarting this investigation. They do not want it solved. Why? That is what I would like to know.
I've been thinking the same thing myself. It's such an insult to his memory. Was there discord between Ray and some of his higher-ups and associates? Why would they not break their backs doing every single thing possible to figure out what happened to him?

I'm glad that someone finally said what needed to be said. It's disgraceful and unthinkable that important people haven't been interviewed, hotels and motels haven't been checked, etc. Completely disgraceful!

Shortly before his disappearance, Gricar's photograph was posted on the internet in a press release trumpeting the heroin arrests, and the grand jury investigation.
The March 31, 2005 press release from the office of State Attorney General Tom Corbett relates, "'This is the largest heroin operation that we have ever seen in Centre County,' Corbett said, 'feeding a drug trade that stretched throughout the region and allegedly resulted in at least one deadly overdose.'"
"Corbett identified the alleged leader of the drug organization as Taji 'Verbal' Lee, 24, originally from Newark, New Jersey. Lee is currently being held in the Centre County Jail on related drug charges....

Prosecutors should work together to solve Gricar mystery

Colleagues of missing Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar are understandably frustrated by the lack of a resolution to the case.

Any evidence that Gricar was the victim of a murder committed in retribution for his work as a prosecutor ought to make the investigation a top priority of local, state and federal law enforcement. The problem is that there is little to support the contention that Gricar was a victim of a crime. His remains have not been found. He gave no hint of trouble or that he intended to meet another person. Further, none of the reported sightings of the missing DA lend credence to the idea that he was in peril.

More disk analysis sought in Gricar case

Former Clinton County District Attorney Ted McKnight said he believes Gricar was murdered.
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 BY JOHN BEAUGE
For The Patriot-News
BELLEFONTE - Investigators hope the company that recovered data from a melted disk drive from the disintegrated space shuttle Columbia can do the same with the hard drive from a missing Centre County prosecutor's personal computer.
Bellefonte Police Chief Shawn Weaver said Tuesday he has been in contact with Kroll Ontrack of Eden Prairie, Minn., about analyzing the computer of then-District Attorney Ray Gricar, who was last seen April 16, 2005, in Lewisburg.
Weaver and Centre County District Attorney Michael T. Madeira disclosed the contact with Kroll after Montour County District Attorney Robert W. Buehner Jr. called the state of the Gricar investigation "shameful, reprehensible and intolerable" Tuesday.

It would be such an incredible blessing to be able to get something off of that hard drive after all of this time and after thinking it couldn't be done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've been thinking the same thing myself. It's such an insult to his memory. Was there discord between Ray and some of his higher-ups and associates? Why would they not break their backs doing every single thing possible to figure out what happened to him?

I'm glad that someone finally said what needed to be said. It's disgraceful and unthinkable that important people haven't been interviewed, hotels and motels haven't been checked, etc. Completely disgraceful!

Exactly! You would think they would breaking their backs launching the biggest investigation in PA history to find Gricar because he was one of their own. He was a colleague, a friend, an elected official. The way they have behaved looks pretty suspicious to me.

DAs defend handling of Gricar case
[SIZE=-1]Centre Daily Times - Centre,PA,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]“Ray Gricar’s case is tough,” he said, “but it has been handled right.” Buehner strongly disagrees and held a news conference Tuesday in Lewisburg where he ...[/SIZE]

Reaction to Gricar Developments
[SIZE=-1]WTAJ - Altoona,PA,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... accused Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira of not doing enough to solve the Ray Gricar mystery folks in Centre County are speaking out. ...[/SIZE]

Montour County DA blasts Gricar investigation
[SIZE=-1]... in Centre County failing to explore some possible avenues of investigation into the disappearance of former Centre County prosecutor Ray Gricar. ...[/SIZE]

Madeira blasted over probe
[SIZE=-1]By Pete Bosak LEWISBURG — In a park near the spot where former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar was last seen more than three years ago, ...[/SIZE]

What a bunch of jerks. ( from first link).
Who cares who has jurisdiction or who is to blame? Just FIND the man or FIND OUT what happened to this lovely, hard-working DA.
He was, in my opinion, an amazingly good man and his case is as stone cold as any I have ever run across.

I read about his mysterious disappearance from the day it occurred forward. I think many clues from his office staff were missed and that perhaps some so-called evidence really isn't. I have often wondered if he is alive and safe or not.. and if we will ever know.

Christine, thank you for posting the updated info. This case is one which definitely haunts me.
Love,
:blowkiss:
Maria

Exactly! You would think they would breaking their backs launching the biggest investigation in PA history to find Gricar because he was one of their own. He was a colleague, a friend, an elected official. The way they have behaved looks pretty suspicious to me.
I couldn't agree more. I'm hoping that this renewed attention will force those in charge to show us exactly what they've done to solve this and to use every single resource available at this point, if only to prove that they have no reason for not wanting this solved.

I apologize I have not been keeping up with this case of late and have forgotten if they recovered RG's mini Cooper or if it's still not been located? Thank you in advance.

I apology I have not been keeping up with this case of late and have forgotten if they recovered RG's mini Cooper or if it's still not been located? Thank you in advance.

It was recovered in the parking lot in Lewisburg, not far from either the antique shop he was last seen in, or the Susquahanna ( ? Sp) River's banks. There was no unusual delay in locating the car. It was found shortly after he was known to be missing.
There were unusual cigarette ashes found close to the car, and the smell of cigarette smoke in the car. Mr. Gricar didn't smoke and we are told that he didn't allow smokers in his car.

The presence of the car is one part of the mystery of what happened to Ray Gricar. His fingerprints were NOT found in his own car.

Maria

http://gricar.disappearance.googlepages.com/
Bumping up what I believe is a very good, well-written website on Mr. Gricar's disappearance.

This is from an Assistant DA who worked with Ray every day for years. I believe what she says, for the most part, except I do hold out hope that in the lack of evidence of foul play ( no blood, no signs of struggles), he IS alive and well, hopefully in Rio or somewhere else beautiful.

Although Ms. Arnold never comes right out and says, she has stated that she believes Mr. Gricar is dead, and that his live in " paramour" as she terms Patti Fornicola ( ? not sure of last name) was the person involved in Mr. Gricar's disappearance and murder for personal gain. Although I don't think Patti is telling all she knows, I don't think she killed Mr. Gricar or had him killed, either. JMO.

The website is good, IMO, mainly because it gives quite a lot of background history about who Mr. Gricar was, what his values were, and how he conducted his business life during the years that Ms. Arnold knew and worked with him. IF he planned his own disappearance for reasons which we cannot possibly know, then I believe he would have done so thoroughly and systematically, just as he apparently planned every aspect of his life.
Maria

It was recovered in the parking lot in Lewisburg, not far from either the antique shop he was last seen in, or the Susquahanna ( ? Sp) River's banks. There was no unusual delay in locating the car. It was found shortly after he was known to be missing.
There were unusual cigarette ashes found close to the car, and the smell of cigarette smoke in the car. Mr. Gricar didn't smoke and we are told that he didn't allow smokers in his car.

The presence of the car is one part of the mystery of what happened to Ray Gricar. His fingerprints were NOT found in his own car.

Maria
Thank you, Maria for your quick reply.

You're so welcome. :)
Apparently, he loved his car. It is said to have been registered and titled to his live- in girlfriend, meaning she is the legal owner, although no one knows why. One of the other mysteries about the car. I don't even know where it is these 3 years later- if it was returned to her or kept as possible evidence. I would HOPE that has been and remains properly impounded, but I don't know.

Maria

District Attornies React to News Conference
[SIZE=-1]WTAJ - Altoona,PA,USA
Buehner called the investigation into Gricar's dissaspearance shameful- and offered several suggestions about evidence. District Attorneys came to ...[/SIZE]

DAs hold conference
[SIZE=-1]The Daily Collegian Online - University Park,PA,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Leslie Small Bob Buehner thinks the case of missing Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar was handled incorrectly -- but his fellow district ...[/SIZE]

Still missing
[SIZE=-1]Danville News - Danville,PA,USA
That there is little to support the contention that Ray Gricar was a victim of a crime is a poor excuse for not approaching the matter as though a crime had ...[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288