TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are to believe the narration of the events of the morning Holly's abduction...she communicated to her friend that she was putting on her shoes.MOO

10-8-2010
Jackson Sun

Family and. Friends reconstruct events leading up to Holly's abduction
<snipped>
Right after Karen left, Holly spoke on the phone with Hannah Reece, her friend and fellow nursing
student. Reece was the last of Holly’s classmates to speak with her.“I knew Holly before I started the nursing program, but at the start of the year she was just a nursing classmate,” Reese said.“By April, she was like my best friend.”
The morning Holly disappeared, Reece and Holly texted back and forth about their test that morning.
Reece’s cell phone signal was weak.“So around 7 o’clock I called her on her cell phone from my
house phone,” she said. Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her
shoes
on and said goodbye.“All right, Weece,” Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname,
I’ll see you. Love you.

Now,this is consistent with what I would expect a nursing student would wear. There are all kinds of reasons that a nurse in training,would be expected to wear closed toe shoes. Foremost,is tripping in flip flops and futher injuring your patient. Health professional's
for hygienic reasons .....(i.e. working with bodily fluids,risk of spreading disease,infecting patients wounds,contamination of all kinds in a sterile setting)would make it suspect,a nursing
student,would be allowed to go to the classroom (in nursing school)for any reason in an open toed shoe. Isn't that why they're in nursing school to develop good habits for their eventual profession. MOO

Depends on how far advanced in nursing school she was. For a period of time, it's all done in the classroom. It's not until they begin doing their labs or clinicals that they would be required to wear proper shoes. But I have seen nurses in hospitals wearing open toed shoes.
Around here, you see women wearing flip flops in just about any setting, even church. But she could have had other shoes in her car and intended to put them on once she got to the school.

Look, Holly was going to more or less the modern equivalent of the "one room schoolhouse" for an exam... She was not going to a hosptial etc. I can't see any restriction on wearing flip flops or sandals to a sit down test in a campus building.

People do wear flip flops year round. I can also see calling them shoes. Or if you tell someone you are going to put your shoes on, then go into your bedroom and spy a pair of flip flops so you slip into those. I don't think this is a very important issue here.

It is important to know what Holly was wearing. The initial missing person reports described her as wearing sneakers or tennis shoes but some time (months?) later it became black flip flops.

This post just got me to re-thinking about a very early theory that none of the items that were eventually found actually left the house area attached to Holly. The theory is she dropped ALL of them there outside of the house, and the perp is the one who took them and then scattered them later on.

The reason I had kept thinking this may be the case is because.....

Assuming she was just going to the car to warm it up or maybe take some things out to the car like the backpack, of which most people would never wear a backpack to their car, but carry it to the car. Then the theory is she gets confronted by either a friend or stranger, and there is some sort of fight/argument/etc. She drops ALL of her things of course during the confrontation. After the confrontation, she is in no condition to carry anything, and probably does not even care about going to class anymore because she may have been seriously hurt + semi-concious, so the theory is he would have been the one to take the items from the house area.

If we assume the items that were found were all planted, rather than tossed by Holly, then the perp obviously had those items in his possession during the planting, so the theory goes that the perp also was the one picking up the items and carrying them away from the house area.

She wasn't semi-conscious if she walked casually beside him into the woods, as her brother stated. She could have still been carrying a purse and the lunch bag, though that seems a little far-fetched to me, it's possible.
Anyway, it morphed from being dragged into the woods, to led into the woods, and then into walking casually into the woods with the perp. Makes one wonder what really did happen. The blood in the carport would explain her being hurt, but she would not have been able to walk had she been semi--conscious, I don't think, but maybe dazed?

Just wanted to make a point before I sign off. People keep talking about Clint being an eyewitness. If he still can't identify the perp, it does not help. You could have a dozen eyewitnesses, but if they don't see the face, what good does it do? None. And his account of that morning doesn't seem to be very consistent, or at least whoever was reporting what he said wasn't consistent. He could have been still half-asleep.
Lots of folks are sketchy on details if they've just woke up. We could have a burglar come into our home and rob us blind, but if my husband just woke up, he wouldn't know if he was black or white, short or tall, or had long hair or was bald. He is absolutely useless until he's had a cup of coffee.
Not making excuses for Clint, but from what I've seen so far, he only saw him from a little distance and then with his back to Clint. He didn't see his face, and can only give a general body-type description, so bringing up that he is an eyewitness means very little, IMO. Some are making sound as if Clint was right there within 10 feet of him and looked him in the eyes, and that is false.

Yes, eyewitness testimony, while it can gain convictions, is generally quite suspect as what we think we see, or recall seeing, frequently is not what transpired at all.

Just wanted to make a point before I sign off. People keep talking about Clint being an eyewitness. If he still can't identify the perp, it does not help. You could have a dozen eyewitnesses, but if they don't see the face, what good does it do? None. And his account of that morning doesn't seem to be very consistent, or at least whoever was reporting what he said wasn't consistent. He could have been still half-asleep.
Lots of folks are sketchy on details if they've just woke up. We could have a burglar come into our home and rob us blind, but if my husband just woke up, he wouldn't know if he was black or white, short or tall, or had long hair or was bald. He is absolutely useless until he's had a cup of coffee.
Not making excuses for Clint, but from what I've seen so far, he only saw him from a little distance and then with his back to Clint. He didn't see his face, and can only give a general body-type description, so bringing up that he is an eyewitness means very little, IMO. Some are making sound as if Clint was right there within 10 feet of him and looked him in the eyes, and that is false.
I find myself referring to CB as a supposed eye witness because his accounts are quite skewed. We really have no idea what he did or did not see and what his original written statement to LE was. I think we can assume that LE wasn't sure what to think of his account since KB has said that she didn't understand all of the suspicion that CB received early on in the case. With the versions that have been given over time, it's very easy to be skeptical but one thing CB can do is place camo man at the home with his sister leaving together (possible component for a circumstantial case. It is LE job to prove who this camo man was, CB account would just be another nail in the coffin). Another point to make about his accounts is that for as confusing as it is as a whole, the silhouettes in the garage and the walking away sequences are far and away the most obscured parts of the story and those are the parts of the story where he does visually place an unknown person with his sister.
In the end, I think most people are past caring about all the discrepancies in his account and just want this case to show some sign of progress, other than being told a couple LE members are eating doughnuts while discussing it on a daily basis.

Can't see Holly wearing flip-flops to anything relating to her nursing education. When I was dating my ex- in college, when she was working on her RN/BSN, while their attire was not formal, it was not casual either, not flip-flop casual at least.

Is it possible she wasn't going out the door to go to class at the time she was taken, but simply going outside quickly in her flip-flops to meet whomever the she the person was outside?

Was this discussed before?

Of course, it's all mood as they say now...

Can't see Holly wearing flip-flops to anything relating to her nursing education. When I was dating my ex- in college, when she was working on her RN/BSN, while their attire was not formal, it was not casual either, not flip-flop casual at least.

IDK here in FLorida you go in the College of Public Health, College of Nursing etc at USF and its flip flops, shorts, etc. These are not medical facilities but rather class rooms. No different than going to English or Animal Husbandry.

IDK here in FLorida you go in the College of Public Health, College of Nursing etc at USF and its flip flops, shorts, etc. These are not medical facilities but rather class rooms. No different than going to English or Animal Husbandry.
Definitely could be. MizStery's Jackson Sun link above about the phone call with Reece where the latter reported H. had said she was "going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on" does make me think she was interrupted in the process whilst wearing flip-flops though.

Definitely could be. MizStery's Jackson Sun link above about the phone call with Reece where the latter reported H. had said she was "going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on" does make me think she was interrupted in the process whilst wearing flip-flops though.
The confusion really did start right away with this case. You can find the discussions about what she was wearing that day very early in the threads here. There are mentions, and for some reason I thought this as well before looking back, of different missing posters having flip flops, others had sneakers or no footwear description whatsoever.
I tend to think she had sneakers in her car already and wore the flip flops whenever she could, maybe contributing to the initial confusion.
Also in the Jackson Sun article, the conversation with her friend was BEFORE the "flurry" of phone calls between KB, DS, HB and maybe others (?) about DS being confronted by other family members on the Grandmother's property that morning. So whatever happened to HB happened after she just completed umpteen phone calls.
-- Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on and said goodbye.
"All right, Weece," Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname. "I'll see you. Love you."
Holly studied at the kitchen table for a few minutes, then got a call from her boyfriend, Drew Scott, who had been turkey hunting on the other side of Decatur County on Holly's grandmother's property. Since April 2, the opening day of turkey season, hunters from around the state had been entering the woods a half hour before daybreak.
One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.
A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.
Karen said she last spoke with her daughter between 7:30 and 7:35, while Clint was still asleep in his room.
Investigators have tried to determine what happened to Holly in the next 20 minutes.
Authorities say they need people to speak up if they saw anything out of the ordinary that morning.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

Who knows. When my nieces here in Alabama say "put my shoes on" they mean whatever shoes they need to go outside, it could be flip flops or or it could be sneakers. Just means they are going to put something on their bare feet.

Holly's now been missing for 406 days.

Last TBI press release: 400 days ago!

Is it possible she wasn't going out the door to go to class at the time she was taken, but simply going outside quickly in her flip-flops to meet whomever the she the person was outside?

Was this discussed before?

Of course, it's all mood as they say now...

Where does finding her lunchbag and cellphone fit in though? If, let's say, she heard something and she went outside to check what was going on, would she bring her lunchbag with her? Maybe her cellphone but not the lunchbag, imo.

The confusion really did start right away with this case. You can find the discussions about what she was wearing that day very early in the threads here. There are mentions, and for some reason I thought this as well before looking back, of different missing posters having flip flops, others had sneakers or no footwear description whatsoever.
I tend to think she had sneakers in her car already and wore the flip flops whenever she could, maybe contributing to the initial confusion.
Also in the Jackson Sun article, the conversation with her friend was BEFORE the "flurry" of phone calls between KB, DS, HB and maybe others (?) about DS being confronted by other family members on the Grandmother's property that morning. So whatever happened to HB happened after she just completed umpteen phone calls.
-- Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on and said goodbye.
"All right, Weece," Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname. "I'll see you. Love you."
Holly studied at the kitchen table for a few minutes, then got a call from her boyfriend, Drew Scott, who had been turkey hunting on the other side of Decatur County on Holly's grandmother's property. Since April 2, the opening day of turkey season, hunters from around the state had been entering the woods a half hour before daybreak.
One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.
A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.
Karen said she last spoke with her daughter between 7:30 and 7:35, while Clint was still asleep in his room.
Investigators have tried to determine what happened to Holly in the next 20 minutes.
Authorities say they need people to speak up if they saw anything out of the ordinary that morning.http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

bbm

And nobody is speaking up except for the neighbour's son who allegedly heard a scream and told his mom to go check the Bobo house.

Does anyone know if there has ever been a case of this magnitude that LE doesn't comment on?

Does anyone know if there has ever been a case of this magnitude that LE doesn't comment on?
Probably has, but I can't think of a one.

Honestly, this investigation has been so poorly handled that it's shut me up about the lack of quality LE where I live - in OK. Because OSBI, compared to TBI, has come to seem an oasis of info and a keen and professional investigative agency in comparison. For that to have happened, I guarantee it has to be bad.

Where does finding her lunchbag and cellphone fit in though? If, let's say, she heard something and she went outside to check what was going on, would she bring her lunchbag with her? Maybe her cellphone but not the lunchbag, imo.

supposedly also there was a spilled soda by her car. I assume Holly had gone out not to investigate anything but to get in her car and go to school. She was surpised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361