GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

I hope she has been found. As horrible as it is, it must be so much worse to have someone who is believed to be deceased never be found...making it almost impossible to accept the loss or to find a way to restart life again without that person...

I hope she has been found. As horrible as it is, it must be so much worse to have someone who is believed to be deceased never be found...making it almost impossible to accept the loss or to find a way to restart life again without that person...

Agree cluciano63. It also makes it much harder to prosecute the person responsible for the senseless murder.

I hope one of the national media shows picks up this story tomorrow and there is more national awareness of the need to locate NS.

Even though the border into Canada would have been rather close to him from Ashland, I don't think he would have taken the risk to cross. Plus he would have needed to have his passport with him. So he's either on the lam somewhere in the US or he's taken the cowardly way out IMO.

MOO

I agree. It can help the family know definitively how to help the children and all energy and resources can go to finding Nate.

Ugh...of. all the local reporters, I wiah Andy Fox were not the one covering this story. Unfortunately, anything he says needs to be taken with a boulder of salt.

I honestly, and we still don't know for sure, I did not think she was still on the OBX, because I truly thought she would have been found sooner. Yards from homes... I live in VA and we searched the empty field next to our home, it's hard for me to imagine folks in the OBX didn't search around their homes. Maybe they did....

It's high time the national news plasters Nate's face all over. I am sending this to the big 4 this morning and would urge everyone to drop them a line. There is power in numbers.

My heart breaks for the family, this waiting has to be unbearable. May peace comfort you.

Just pondering NS's whereabouts ....... Wondering whether he had already purchased a plane ticket prior to the NC trip so he could leave as soon as he returned to OH. What airport would those in the Ashland area typically use? Is it possible NS's car is parked in an airport parking lot? Has it been searched for the car? Would LE notify bus stations, train stations and airports as soon as they received the 911 call from NS's brother?

Is it known for certain how much time elapsed between NS's remarks to his brother re: LJ and his brother's 911 call? Did they talk face to face or was it by phone?

How can anyone say that the body has been there for 11 days if the autopsy report hasn't been completed or released to the public?

The length of time a body has been somewhere is usually estimated by the amount of decomposition and the insect activity in and around the body. JMO, but I *think* that is possibly the only way available to them to unofficially state that it is her. Nobody else missing from the island. Murder rate almost non-existant for the OBX. In this heat and weather, rains, etc., the body is probably quite decomposed. :(

Just pondering NS's whereabouts ....... Wondering whether he had already purchased a plane ticket prior to the NC trip so he could leave as soon as he returned to OH. What airport would those in the Ashland area typically use? Is it possible NS's car is parked in an airport parking lot? Has it been searched for the car? Would LE notify bus stations, train stations and airports as soon as they received the 911 call from NS's brother?

Is it known for certain how much time elapsed between NS's remarks to his brother re: LJ and his brother's 911 call? Did they talk face to face or was it by phone?

Excellent questions, but I am not sure there are any answers. I can't help but think a force, more powerful than us, was at work through Lynn's daughter. If she had cooperated with Nate's wishes and returned alone, her brother, Nate and Lynn would all be missing with no information. She is an amazing child.

I apologize for being rude last night and if I offended anybody then I'm sorry. News stories often make things worse then it is. I will not post on this thread anymore. I'm praying for Lynn and her family my heart breaks.

Has there been any conclusion on the fb picture of the guy sitting on the driftwood?
Where is that picture taken in relation to where this body was found? I haven't had a chance to go back and sift through all of the posted articles and maps.

It was reported by OII (the group that took the pic) that the man sitting on the driftwood was missing several teeth.

OII reported it to the Dare County Sheriff's office.

Nate's picture and details to BOLO came across my FB timeline yesterday. I don't remember which group posted it, but I get feeds from a lot of the liberal and progressive political groups on FB so undoubtedly it was one of them.

Lynn had long dark hair. I'm thinking that the hair should have still been intact even with body decomposition. (Remember Kaylee Anthony's hair.) I wonder if there was long dark hair.

Why isn't Nates face all over National News? I've watched HLN all morning and no Nate.

Any new news? TIA

Can't imagine why the family would be at the body sight...JMO

I havent found anything new, I've been looking all day. Probably won't be anything until tomorrow at least.

Took me a few hours, but I just read this entire thread. I had not even heard anything about Lynn until I saw a post on FB by "Seek The Lost" so I headed on over here. I'm thinking there isn't a lot of news about Nate because LE is keeping their investigation of him hush hush. If they have had sightings of him and witnesses to come forward, I don't think they would want to give that away and take a chance of him leaving from where he is. It would be very easy to change the license plates on his car...just drive through any small town and switch the tags on any vehicle during the night. How many of us look at our tags when we get in our cars? They could be changed out for days or weeks and the owner would never notice. As for no one reporting seeing him or his car, there are tons of back roads all over the US that you can travel and LE would never find you. If he's still alive, he's probably not without a phone or internet...he can buy a phone anywhere, doesn't have to be a big place like Walmart either. Some convenience stores sell the phones and the cards. It's not unusual that he hasn't been seen either because he looks just like any other clean cut college kid around here in Virginia. He would blend in well. In smaller towns like ours most of the people are outside during the summer and don't watch a lot of TV so he could be right up under people's noses and they wouldn't even know he was wanted for murder. My heart goes out to Lynn's family and friends. My prayers are with them and I know God will send them the comfort they need.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back