Identified! CA - Lake Tahoe, WhtFem 692UFCA, 35-45, Sep'79 - Name not found

Hi all:
This is my first post after hanging around for a few months studying some cases and learning about sleuthing. I have been amazed at the remarkable, kind, and dedicated people here. I only hope I can eventually make a meaningful contribution, especially in Ohio, where I live.

Getting back on topic, here is my admittedly "quirky" idea: I don't think the initials on the ring are conventional names at all. I think they are nicknames, based on each person's favorite comfort food: she is "Mac" for mac & cheese; he is "PNB" for peanut butter & jelly. Even if this is not entirely correct, I think that the ring initials may be more of a hindrance than a help: unless they are being strictly formal, people might engrave all kinds of unique personal things on jewelry. So I think we should look beyond matching names to the engraving.

Hi all:
This is my first post after hanging around for a few months studying some cases and learning about sleuthing. I have been amazed at the remarkable, kind, and dedicated people here. I only hope I can eventually make a meaningful contribution, especially in Ohio, where I live.

Getting back on topic, here is my admittedly "quirky" idea: I don't think the initials on the ring are conventional names at all. I think they are nicknames, based on each person's favorite comfort food: she is "Mac" for mac & cheese; he is "PNB" for peanut butter & jelly. Even if this is not entirely correct, I think that the ring initials may be more of a hindrance than a help: unless they are being strictly formal, people might engrave all kinds of unique personal things on jewelry. So I think we should look beyond matching names to the engraving.

Good point. For example...Mac could stand for McKenzie as a first name or McIntire, McDaniel, McMahon, etc as a last name. My mom had a Mc name as her maiden name, and everyone called her and her brothers "Mac." But, could it be M.A.C. instead of Mac? We haven't seen the engraving.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Hi all:

:welcome:

I think you have a good point- we should not get too caught up in the initials.

Charley project lists her maiden and previous married names, and none of them are "C"
s... :((( Her middle name is A though...so unless there is any chance that MAC was actually MAP or MAL, I don't think this is her...:(

Madeline Anna Pouliot was my sisters Maiden name She was Married to Harold B. Larcome and to the possible perp in her dissaperence Larry Ray Babcock . Madeline was 4 ft 11 inches tall extreme high forhead . Information giving from Pat Foy Madelines sister . MAP was her initials Looking at the pictures I do not see that it is Madeline .

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/692ufca.html

This Jane Doe was a homicide victim that was murdered a day before she was found near the shore of Lake Tahoe. She does not fit the profile of most missing women:teen runaway/drug user/transient/marginal type. She was 35-45, dressed and groomed like a middle class vacationer and she was wearing a wedding ring. Nobody who could be her disappered around that time.

Two months earlier, in a town 100 miles away, a woman who appears very close in appearance, disappeared. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wulff_dolores.html

She was in a troubled marriage and the husband was always the focus of the investigation. He claimed she just "took off". He was eventually charged with her murder but the case was thrown out. Is it possible that Dolores did "take a little break" from her marriage and was hanging out at Tahoe or Reno, and then met with fowl play later?

Found this lady, searching under Mae.........
http://doenetwork.org/cases/977dfca.html
Mae W. Gebhard
Missing since February 24, 1981 from San Francisco, California
Classification: Missing
Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 15, 1915
Age at Time of Disappearance: 65 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 104 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Gray hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Gebhard was last seen in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1981
The date is a little off, but the height, eyes, weight are within range.

My thinking (though it might not be accurate) is that if she is wearing the ring, she would be "Mac" (the recipient), not PNB (the giver of the ring).

Mac isn't normally a woman's name, unless it is her initials "MAC".

I am of Mackenzie descend and many older women in the family had Mackenzie has their middle name to keep it in the family so to speak. For instance my aunty aged 88 has a really standard first name and then she has Mackenzie for her middle name yet,it is not something that would spring to mind readily. By the way my Mackenzie line has not lived in Scotland for several generations yet the tradition continues.

Margarita MacNeill
•Missing Since: February 07, 1976 from Salinas, Monterey County, California
•Classification: Missing
•Height: 5'2"
•Weight: 125 lbs.
•Hair Color: Light brown
•Eye Color: Brown
•Race: Hispanic
•Case Number: 94-061877

http://www.nampn.org/cases/macneill_margarita.html

The unidentified woman:
692UFCA.jpg
Margarita:
macneil_margarita3.jpg
macneil_margarita4.jpg
macneil_margarita2.jpg
link

more information on the jewelry found:
Jewelry Timex wristwatch with leather band
yellow metal ring with balk scroll circumfrentially inside "to MAC rom PNB"
yellow metal two strand chain braclet
white metal ring with floral setting with clear square stone
white metal ring with round green stone
yellow metal chain necklace with yellow metal deer pendant

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/11922

Doe Network now lists this woman as "Identified" with no further information available. Anyone seen any updates on this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back