WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading an article on the Lindsey Baum case and LE in that case seized various articles of evidence from a male suspect in her disappearance. These items were seized in October and were sent in for forensic testing. The list includes some items of particular interest and they may indeed yield forensic evidence. But, the results aren't in yet -- and it's mid/late-February.

This got me thinking about the last time we heard from LE in Sky's case. IIRC, it was when they announced they found several "items of interest" at Watershed Park in Kirkland (this announcement was on Monday, November 21st -- the search itself was conducted on Saturday and Sunday the 19th and 20th). LE had just released those updated surveillance photos of Julia "in the days leading up to Sky's disappearance" on Friday, November 18th. According to articles from that time period, LE received several credible and helpful tips (either sometime Friday or early Saturday morning) which led to the search at Watershed Park the day after those photos were posted. Prior to publishing those photos, LE had not really received any tips that panned out. It sounds like someone saw a frazzled JB in or near Watershed Park and called in the tip....and that it may have amounted to something in the search.

I suspect those items really are of interest and they've been sent to a lab for forensic testing. LE probably does not want to comment on the case until the data comes back on those items because they're hoping either a) they'll have enough to arrest JB based on forensic testing or b) they'll have enough to get her talking once confronted with evidence.

After seeing the Lindsey Baum article, it's clear how long these things can take -- items in that case were seized at least a month before items in Sky's case and the Baum items haven't even been fully processed yet. This gives me renewed hope that LE is on to something. They were reaching out to the public and the media on a very frequent basis prior to the Watershed Park search and then they clammed up. It makes me think they know they're onto something and don't believe they need the public's help as much as they used to.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is the case....

Quotes from November 18th to 21st:

The items of interest were found Saturday during a search of Watershed Park in Kirkland - and one discovery was important enough to call in a forensics team.

"They found something of interest. We called out our [criminal-scene investigation] investigators, they showed up and looked at the items," the Bellevue Police Department's Carla Iafrate told KOMO-TV.

The search teams used rakes and shovels - a potentially grim indicator of what crews were doing in their search for Sky.
"I think that's just standard equipment for any search and rescue," said Iafrate. "There's a lot of leaves, it's pretty wet and damp. There's a lot of rabbit burrows, so the land is soft back there."

The extensive search in heavily wooded Watershed Park began just hours after Bellevue police released a series of photos showing Sky's mother, Julia Biryukova, 30, of Redmond and her missing son.

When asked whether detectives continue to pursue the option of arresting Biryukova, Johnson said the primary concern remains finding Sky but that, "[his] statement stands about her story falling apart."

Search & Seek ~

I came across an old article from November 21st than said Solomon and Terry were trying to set up a reward fund for information about Sky. Has that been set up? I haven't seen it on any of the missing posters. If it has been set up, it might be helpful to post that info on the missing person posters -- it might generate some new tips. That is, unless LE really is onto something from Watershed Park. Just a thought.

I really hope that's the case Rougelatete.

Can you tell I'm back from Barcelona?! First item on the agenda: feverishly post about Sky and research what I can, lol! Second item: unpack.

:great:

thanks Ppj! for coming out! it was a pleasure to meet you! please emial me the photos you took. jennifer.sas_family@yahoo.com
we will add them to the file we send to LE.

really appreciate it!

as usual, things are starting to stir! this could be good news! wish i could say more... thanks everyone! chin up!!! the heat is on!

BBM Thank you Search and Seek for keeping us all updated! I pray for Sky, Solomon and M everyday!

I was thinking that I believe that much hope lies in little M. With the Powell kids, it was said that, "recently" the boys starting talking about Mom in the trunk, etc., even drawing pictures. They were much younger at the time of the traumatic event -and iirc their Mom disappeared two years ago. We are 3 months out...So there's hope she will recall and articulate or draw. I have no doubt whatsoever that that little M bore witness to whatever transpired to disappear her brother. I have no doubt that she was subsequently brainwashed by her mother afterwards.

Sounds like the SM is right on target saying they wan to allow it to 'flow' from her rather than being pulled out of her. She will talk. Patience, patience, patience -and following the experts in the field of pediatric psychiatry... Long road. But it will happen.

On another note, I question the statement by the father's advocate group that it is hands down in violation of WA law to not vaccinate your kids. I have no basis for saying this other than I know that there are exceptions and ways to wiggle around it. I admittedly don't have the facts tho at this point, but am intrigued.

You can get a permanent medical exemption for your child if you choose in WA state. The form looks simple enough to get filled in by you and an M.D.

http://www.doh.wa.gov/cfh/immunize/documents/coesamplemedperm.pdf

I remember that M's first doctor appointment (when she was about one year old) was to a homeopathic clinic. I wonder if that doctor filled out the form for JB to exempt at least M for vaccinations. If she did, there would probably be a record of it in her chart. It finally makes sense that it was M's FIRST doctor appt. and she hasn't had any vaccinations. If M had been getting her vaccinations as scheduled, she would have had lots of doctor appointments by the time she was one year old.

OK, gotta go email the pics to Jennifer now....Solomon was right.....she IS pretty bossy. :thewhip:

Where are you...!

It's completely shocking to me that none of JB's family attended the balloon release. Not SB. Not NB. No one. Aren't they Sky's family, too?! Their nephew/grandson is missing and they can't be bothered to come to a vigil in support of finding him?! Ridiculous. I mean, it's not unbelievable -- I know they'd sooner hide in a hole than have to face the media or be perceived as leaving JB's side. But, we're talking about a missing 2 year-old boy and they're too concerned with other self-serving factors to show their support in keeping his story alive.

Unbelievable!
To me looks that they know that Sky is alive! at list I hope so.

I was reading an article on the Lindsey Baum case and LE in that case seized various articles of evidence from a male suspect in her disappearance. These items were seized in October and were sent in for forensic testing. The list includes some items of particular interest and they may indeed yield forensic evidence. But, the results aren't in yet -- and it's mid/late-February.

This got me thinking about the last time we heard from LE in Sky's case. IIRC, it was when they announced they found several "items of interest" at Watershed Park in Kirkland (this announcement was on Monday, November 21st -- the search itself was conducted on Saturday and Sunday the 19th and 20th). LE had just released those updated surveillance photos of Julia "in the days leading up to Sky's disappearance" on Friday, November 18th. According to articles from that time period, LE received several credible and helpful tips (either sometime Friday or early Saturday morning) which led to the search at Watershed Park the day after those photos were posted. Prior to publishing those photos, LE had not really received any tips that panned out. It sounds like someone saw a frazzled JB in or near Watershed Park and called in the tip....and that it may have amounted to something in the search.

I suspect those items really are of interest and they've been sent to a lab for forensic testing. LE probably does not want to comment on the case until the data comes back on those items because they're hoping either a) they'll have enough to arrest JB based on forensic testing or b) they'll have enough to get her talking once confronted with evidence.

After seeing the Lindsey Baum article, it's clear how long these things can take -- items in that case were seized at least a month before items in Sky's case and the Baum items haven't even been fully processed yet. This gives me renewed hope that LE is on to something. They were reaching out to the public and the media on a very frequent basis prior to the Watershed Park search and then they clammed up. It makes me think they know they're onto something and don't believe they need the public's help as much as they used to.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is the case....

My dear you spent your vacation thinking about little Sky! We all can't take him from our thoughts and hearts.
What kind of "human" are JB, his uncle and grandma.

Thanks search and seek for the update. I pray something breaks very soon!

I can tell you're back Rougelatete. Hope you had a wonderful trip!!

thanks Ppj! for coming out! it was a pleasure to meet you! please emial me the photos you took. jennifer.sas_family@yahoo.com
we will add them to the file we send to LE.

really appreciate it!

as usual, things are starting to stir! this could be good news! wish i could say more... thanks everyone! chin up!!! the heat is on!

I can wait! I really hope LE has found something and that their silence is a positive sign since when they were previously so vocal, it was not necessarily because they had a lot to work with -- it was because they were putting out feelers for more information.

I wonder if LE needs those photos because JB sent someone to the vigil or they think someone who attended might know something. Hmmmm.....

I'm patiently waiting.

I found this article from November 9th and it has some interesting stuff when viewed in retrospect:

"You're on the way to the hospital, why would you leave your kid in the car? It certainly is suspicious," Johnson said. He said an email sent by Biryukova to a friend Sunday morning is the only evidence police have that Sky was ill.

I didn't recall that Julia had sent someone an email Sunday morning. I wonder if she was trying to establish an alibi earlier that morning.

An FBI agent with expertise interviewing children has spoken to M****, and the little girl said her brother Sky was in the car, wrapped in a blanket, on Sunday, "which wasn't what we expected to hear," Johnson said.

I think LE knew early on that Sky was never in the car that day -- and that he was likely deceased. I hope Madilu is right and that little M has started talking.

Freitas challenged the police characterization of Biryukova and said the mother has helped police in every way possible.

"She gave them her home, car, computer, cellphone. She talked to them for hours. What else is she supposed to do?" Freitas said Wednesday.

If this wasn't such a sad case, this would almost be comical. What more is she supposed to do?! REALLY?!?! She could take a page from Solomon's book on how to behave when your child vanishes. Voluntarily take multiple polygraphs, stage a vigil, work closely, freely, and openly with investigators, be transparent, conduct hundreds of media interviews, keep your son's name and image present in the media. How has Julia used the media? She's used it once -- and only to bash Solomon.

Stull said CPS will run background checks on Metalwala's family members to see if placement with a relative is suitable. Stull said that none of Biryukova's relatives have offered to take M****.

This was prior to M being placed with Solomon but I find it telling that in addition to refusing to search for Sky, Julia's family members refused to step up and provide care for her daughter, preferring instead to have her live in the foster care system. I'm ultimately glad they did -- I'd rather little M be in foster care than with those "family" members -- but I find this very psychologically telling about how the Biryukova family operates. Protect thine own.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016724529_missing10m.html

now now, im not bossy, just need to keep on SM to keep things going. hes hit a point of depression and i understand but we need to keep Sky in the media! have to keep his chin up and looking forward!

now now, im not bossy, just need to keep on SM to keep things going. hes hit a point of depression and i understand but we need to keep Sky in the media! have to keep his chin up and looking forward!

Bless his heart. I can't imagine going through what he is going throw. He must have the patience of a saint because if it were me, I'd be banging on Julia's door 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until she gave me the information I needed to find Sky.

Please let him know that we are all thinking of him and praying for him, M, and Sky. Most days I sit camped out on this thread just waiting and when I'm off doing other things, Sky is never far from my thoughts.

Hang in there Solomon! You have many people rooting for all of you!!

Bless his heart. I can't imagine going through what he is going throw. He must have the patience of a saint because if it were me, I'd be banging on Julia's door 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until she gave me the information I needed to find Sky.

Please let him know that we are all thinking of him and praying for him, M, and Sky. Most days I sit camped out on this thread just waiting and when I'm off doing other things, Sky is never far from my thoughts.

Hang in there Solomon! You have many people rooting for all of you!!

I hope Solomon knows he has a surrogate family out here -- tons of people who are pulling for him and think of him daily, praying that there will be some resolution for him. I realize that the ending may not be what he hopes it would be -- but there must be some solace in ending the waiting and unknowing. Then, at least, he could begin to heal. Sitting with all this uncertainty and all these unanswered questions must be so painful. I hope Solomon knows he's not alone and that we all care very much about him and his children.

I, too, frequently check my computer, eagerly awaiting an update as I go about my daily activities. Sky is never far from my mind and I stop in here often, hoping for some kind of news. Vacation just wasn't the same knowing this little boy hasn't been found. I pray that he will be found soon, that Julia will be held accountable, and that Solomon and little M can begin putting the pieces back together and start to heal. My thoughts are with them.

:heartluv:

I can wait! I really hope LE has found something and that their silence is a positive sign since when they were previously so vocal, it was not necessarily because they had a lot to work with -- it was because they were putting out feelers for more information.

I wonder if LE needs those photos because JB sent someone to the vigil or they think someone who attended might know something. Hmmmm.....

I'm patiently waiting.
re:BBM~~If that is true, I know at least a dozen sleuthers who would be happy to go looking for every single picture of the vigil that is out there to find!

S&S - If that would be helpful, give us the nod and we'll be all over it. Let us show you how much we really rock (and let me tell you, WS'ers ROCK like no others!) Give us something that we can do to really help!

Hi baby boy give us sign, we love to return you to your father and sister.

Search and Seek,
Adrienne,
Rougelatete,
Princess,
all of you WONDERFUL PEOPLE FROM HERE and WS COLLECTIVE
you are proof that there are still justice on this planet!
You are giving strength to this brave man.
S&S please give him warm hug from me too.

Can you tell I'm back from Barcelona?! First item on the agenda: feverishly post about Sky and research what I can, lol! Second item: unpack.

:great:

Welcome back, Rougelatete!
I hope you had a great trip to Barcelona!
Maybe all of us Sleuthers should visit Barcelona so that we can comeback with the vigor you have!:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy