NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is assumed that Steven passed and by that I am assuming that you mean deceased. There are a few who believe that he is alive and homeless, but other like myself who don't. I personally don't believe that Steven Koecher is alive. I think he met with foul play. I don't believe there is any evidence that would conclude that he walked away from his life.

As pointed out in the episode Disappeared the P.I. that was working the case said that he believed that Steven met up with someone with bad intentions and that is what I happen to believe too. It's possible that he is still alive but to me not probable. From the episode it appears that his family believes the same thing, that he met with foul play.

Kelly

Actually, there is no evidence that he is/was the victim of a crime. Whereas, if you do believe it is Steven in the video, there is evidence that he walked away. Literally.

Hello everyone,
I got a hold of my friend who was once homeless in Vegas. At the moment he is heading over to different churches with the flyers. He also has gone to some of the shelters (he used to work at one so he's asking them to look out for Steven). He also told me that he used to give a fake name to shelters as most ask for ID or a name to record. So unfortuantely if Steven is homeless and doesn't want to be found he can get away with it. He is also going to check a few places that the homeless hang out at with the flyers. HE is hoping someone might know where he is or if they have seen him. I know LE is working with the case etc but he is going to go anyway. Is there anything I should tell him or get him to do at the same time! Thanks everyone, hopefully we get some answers :)

This is great news - thank you for reaching out to your friend. The LE contact information is on the poster should anyone know where Steven is or come across him in their travels.

Okay, haven't read the entire 21 threads, but asking for an update. Sorry if it's been covered already.

-Whatever happened with the IHOP character who could've been Steven?

-Is it assumed Steven has passed?

The family determined IHOP guy wasn't Steven. I still drive by there every day on my way home from work, just in case.

What is assumed depends on who you ask.

Actually, there is no evidence that he is/was the victim of a crime. Whereas, if you do believe it is Steven in the video, there is evidence that he walked away. Literally.

The video doesn't show him 'walking away" as it just shows him walking. He maybe walking to a meeting, to an interview, to meet someone, but using the term, "walking away" has within it a presumption of leaving and there is no evidence of that either. His disappearance to me is consistent with a crime at this point, because he had no history of mental illness, no drug use, didn't indicate to anyone he was leaving in anyway, in fact just the opposite that he would be home for Christmas. The fact that there is no activity on his credit bureau, his credit cards, the fact that he left his passport behind, his labtop, his car, is more indicative of someone who didn't plan to leave. His phone conversation would indicate that he was fine, according to his mother.

I have been on the job market before getting tons of rejection notices and it is discouraging. Now logically if I was going to leave and walk away, I would take my car, because not doing so would make things that much harder. When I add that up, I conclude that his disappearance is consistent with foul play. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but my experience in investigation and with human behavior leads me to conclude that his disappearance was not voluntary.

If there is anything consistent with a voluntary disappearance, I would be glad to hear it.

Kelly
Kelly

There is not much evidence of anything other than that he parked his car and walked down the street in Henderson. However given the nature of his disappearance, the fact that he really had no reason to leave his life, no history of mental illness or drug addiction. The fact that there has been no movement on his credit bureau, his credit cards, and nobody can find any evidence of where he might be. This to me shows something more consistent with foul play. I really hope that I am wrong, I really do. I wish for the best outcome to this, but it is my experience in investigation that the odds of him just walking away is not probable. One always does hope for the best resolution.

Kelly

See, the way I look at it isn't that he had no reason to leave but that he didn't have much of a reason to stay. There are far more people that walk away than become murder victims randomly or via a scam.

That said, I do believe there is a possibility he got into something that was much more dangerous than he knew and I believe the beginning of the thread that will unravel this mystery has already been seen, but perhaps not recognized for what it is.

I have been checking the local jobs in Henderson Nevada and I am surprised to see how many live in Nanny jobs that are in that area.

The fact that Steven didn't pay his rent and didn't access his mother's money would make sense if he found a job that called for a "live in attendant." In fact when you go on indeed.com they have lots of live in attendant jobs.

I wonder if Steven was heading over to speak to someone about a live in job. That would make alot of sense.

Kelly

Need to find out if anyone in that area was advertising for in a live in attendant. I am currently checking google. I could use some help.

Kelly

The video doesn't show him 'walking away" as it just shows him walking. He maybe walking to a meeting, to an interview, to meet someone, but using the term, "walking away" has within it a presumption of leaving and there is no evidence of that either. His disappearance to me is consistent with a crime at this point, because he had no history of mental illness, no drug use, didn't indicate to anyone he was leaving in anyway, in fact just the opposite that he would be home for Christmas. The fact that there is no activity on his credit bureau, his credit cards, the fact that he left his passport behind, his labtop, his car, is more indicative of someone who didn't plan to leave. His phone conversation would indicate that he was fine, according to his mother.

Yes, the video does show him walking away. It's what he was walking toward that is the great unknown.

He also didn't mention all his travels to his family. Why would that be?

I have been on the job market before getting tons of rejection notices and it is discouraging. Now logically if I was going to leave and walk away, I would take my car, because not doing so would make things that much harder. When I add that up, I conclude that his disappearance is consistent with foul play. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but my experience in investigation and with human behavior leads me to conclude that his disappearance was not voluntary.

You would take your car if it was paid for or if you could make the car payments and afford to put gas in the tank. Otherwise, perhaps you would leave it in a lovely, secure neighborhood where it would soon be discovered and returned to your family, unharmed.

If there is anything consistent with a voluntary disappearance, I would be glad to hear it.

Kelly
Kelly

And if there's anything consistent with the possibility he became the hapless victim of a murder in a retirement community two hours away from his home, I would be glad to hear that as well.

Yes, the video does show him walking away. It's what he was walking toward that is the great unknown.

He also didn't mention all his travels to his family. Why would that be?

You would take your car if it was paid for or if you could make the car payments and afford to put gas in the tank. Otherwise, perhaps you would leave it in a lovely, secure neighborhood where it would soon be discovered and returned to your family, unharmed.

And if there's anything consistent with the possibility he became the hapless victim of a murder in a retirement community two hours away from his home, I would be glad to hear that as well.

I just did. Your comments are speculation based on what you think he might have done or what could have happened. I certainly don't want to argue as you have the right to what you believe. I just don't agree. Is that okay?

In my experience his disappearance is consistent with foul play, he doesn't posess the characteristics of someone who was mentally ill, on drugs which is consistent with someone who would walk away. I certainly hope that is what he did, but I doubt it.

Kelly

There is an advertisment on the internet for a live it companion in the Anthem area of Henderson. Is that close to where Steven disappeared?

I have been checking the local jobs in Henderson Nevada and I am surprised to see how many live in Nanny jobs that are in that area.

The fact that Steven didn't pay his rent and didn't access his mother's money would make sense if he found a job that called for a "live in attendant." In fact when you go on indeed.com they have lots of live in attendant jobs.

I wonder if Steven was heading over to speak to someone about a live in job. That would make alot of sense.

Kelly

How does that make sense? He didn't have any experience in that area and there would be no reason for him to go to another state for such a job.

Is it your belief that people who would actually advertise publicly for such a position would then murder any applicants who showed up, or just Steven Koecher?

I just did. Your comments are speculation based on what you think he might have done or what could have happened. I certainly don't want to argue as you have the right to what you believe. I just don't agree. Is that okay?

Of course it's okay. Your comments are based on the same, as are the comments of everyone here. I'm just trying to determine why you would favor one theory over another.

In my experience his disappearance is consistent with foul play, he doesn't posess the characteristics of someone who was mentally ill, on drugs which is consistent with someone who would walk away. I certainly hope that is what he did, but I doubt it.

Kelly

If I may ask, what is your experience with victims of foul play? There are some here who believe mental illness was a factor. There are others who believe drugs were involved - one way or another. The reasons people walk away are varied and although we know of nothing specific that would have led to that in Steven's case, it doesn't mean HE didn't have a reason.

IMOHO.

There is an advertisment on the internet for a live it companion in the Anthem area of Henderson. Is that close to where Steven disappeared?

Anthem is a large master-planned community and Sun City Anthem is one of many sub-divisions located within it.

I think I know why Steven was in that neigborhood. Is Craig Retke still working this case? I am working a hunch and I am going to try and contact him.

Of course it's okay. Your comments are based on the same, as are the comments of everyone here. I'm just trying to determine why you would favor one theory over another.

If I may ask, what is your experience with victims of foul play? There are some here who believe mental illness was a factor. There are others who believe drugs were involved - one way or another. The reasons people walk away are varied and although we know of nothing specific that would have led to that in Steven's case, it doesn't mean HE didn't have a reason.

IMOHO.[/QUOTE.

I've worked in LE in the military, and in the private sector. My career is investigating people in and studying abnormal behavior, among that is studying sociopathy.

Kelly

Need to find out if anyone in that area was advertising for in a live in attendant. I am currently checking google. I could use some help.

Kelly

Interesting idea and plausible. I'll pitch in and do some searching on Google as well.

I think I know why Steven was in that neigborhood. Is Craig Retke still working this case? I am working a hunch and I am going to try and contact him.

Yes, as far as we know, CR is still working the case.

Fairy1

I could ask you the same question, why do you think your theory is more likely than mine. I have given you my reasons why I believe what I believe and evidently that is not acceptable to you. But I will try one more time.

He had no history of mental illness and generally speaking in my personal experience people don't usual become mentally ill overnight unless they have a psychotic break due to drug abuse. Mental illness such as some kind of neurosis comes on over a period of time or has been present. Situational depression can cause people to do things that they would not likely do, but situational depression is fairly easy to spot in people (loosing weight, lots of sleep, losing interest in things that they previously had interest in, sitting around alot, crying). I have not seen anything to indicate that at all. Obviously I can only go on what his family has said and what has been publicized.

Again I worked in private LE, and in the military. I have personally made apprehensions of felons and have investigated numerous people for various things. I have studied abnormal behavior my whole life in both college and personally. I am a member of the American Psychological Association. I have interviewed numerous people who were victims of very violent crime, where they barely got out with their lives.

Does that make me an expert? I don't know, I just go with probabilities and not conspiratorial theories or things that make no sense.

Again if I am wrong I will be happy to admit it, but I don't think that I am.

Now having said that, can we move on? I don't want to debate the issue. I am just trying to help find Steven Koecher, whether he is alive or not.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member