FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boyfriend was watching something on TV in the weekend and I happened to look up at the screen. It was some bicycle race thing and it shocked the he!! out of me because my first thought when I saw the racers was that their helmuts were identical to the photo of the POI. I think the bile courier theory is a good one. When I look at the video I think you can see from the hairline on the back of the neck that it is a man - it looks like a short hair cut. The only thought that crossed my mind that makes me doubt the POI is wearing a bike helmut is that if the person was wearing that whilst in the car it would look pretty strange and surely someone would have noticed. That goes for any inappropriate headwear. Is it possible that the portion of tape LE haven't released is the perp putting something on his head?

I don't know why this case has gone cold - is it that is was VERY well planned or did the person just get lucky? If jennifer is dead (touch wood) why haven't they found her body or any of her things? Why NO leads?

Drumstick, what is your relationship to the Kesses again?

A clarification. No one knew there was a gut, what someone else and I echoed was that there's a lot of white in the next space ahead in the fence. It starts about shoulder height down.

Since there is independent confirmation from other video he's in good shape, then what is it? Seems like too much to be an arm. Seems like disproportionate compared to head.

I haven't examined the other picture, the one before this one, and see if the different angle displays anything different about him. Will do that next.

Concerning DNA, at best the leak was possible DNA, and given that DNA can now be lifted from a fingerprint sometimes, it's technically accurate to say that along with a print, but if they had DNA they would know gender. They don't have DNA, let's be real.

I don't understand why anyone thinks there's any basis to have a suspect. Living or working at the Mosaic makes one a suspect when someone disappears? Holy cow. I hope no one disappears in my complex.

A couple of people think the person is dressed as a line chef. How would anyone like that get on a list of suspects? They wouldn't. Someone just came up with that, and it wasn't the police.

Now if a case can be be made that that is most likely what the suspect is wearing, they could start asking around, but again, you don't go to nearby fine restaraunts and make a list of top 5 line chefs most likely to have been in the video as "top 5 suspects".

What can be done is ask, we know someone parked Jennifer's car looking the way they do. What could explain this observed behavior?

For example, going to work after getting up early and kidnapping and murdering Jennifer would not be one of them, in my opinion.

rd

hmm..you all have such good points..i guess the unknown is the most frustrating thing of all..so where the POI goes after the video is anyones guess..one thing i am thinking is that the POI probably didnt have a car when he took jen otherwise why would he have taken her car.it almost looked to me like maybe the POI may have been wearing a visor or maybe thats just my bad eyesight. its just so frustrating.why would that person choose that spot to drop off her car?? are they familiar with it or just to put the car somewhere to blend in.

WOW! It's amazing how some of you guys are scrutinizing every miniscule intricate detail of this case!!

It almost seems that people like UK Slueth, left coast, Mystery UK, Seriously Searching, etc. are closely related to or were involved with Johnia personally!

I'm sure the Kesse family finds that commendable.

WOW! It's amazing how some of you guys are scrutinizing every miniscule intricate detail of this case!!

It almost seems that people like UK Slueth, left coast, Mystery UK, Seriously Searching, etc. are closely related to or were involved with Johnia personally!

I'm sure the Kesse family finds that commendable.

you mean Jennifer?

I like the Mystery on the Water case and I do believe something sinister happened but most people do not. Even after the facts are known to them, they tend to believe the most likely scenario that Chuck drowned accidently just like Lana did. It's not unsual at all that Chuck's body hasn't been found, it could be at the bottom of that huge lake. A lot of people that drown...their bodies are never recovered.

I'm a bit of a conspiracy nut so I think perhaps maybe Chuck is alive somewhere but I realize that's a stretch. He seemed like a bad guy but was he willing to terminate his existence and his career and start a new life under a new name and never see his family again just so he could kill Lana? I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck got physical with Lana after that pohne call to the other guy, she ended up in the water after he hit/beat her, then he realizing what he'd done, he frantically jumped into the water to try and rescue her but the boat got away, he drowned, etc, etc. That's probably a more realistic scenario.

As for Jennifer Kesse, there is absolutely no doubt that something happened to her, she was not a willing participant in her disappearance, there is no logical explanation for why she is missing, other than that somebody kidnapped her for whatever reason. There's also a major suspect but unsually nobody knows much about him at all and the picture is so lousy, we can't even tell a damn thing about them, not even their gender or height. If JK's car had been recovered at the Orlando Airpport for instance....and there was no security camera or anybody shown parking her car, there wouldn't be very much talk on the boards about it. This is an unusual situation.

Beyond Belief or somebody else who's good with the pictures,

can somebody blow up the third still of the suspect, the one where they're partiallyblocked by the bushes and the palm tree? you can still see the back of the head/hat a little bit and if we could blow up that image (the way the second still photo is blown up on that chandra levy website) we might be able to see something we can't see right now.

and is there DNA or not? If there is they should be able to tell if it's a male or female and also the race, yes?

ES, I like the other mystery too.
However I believe it was an accident. He went in first, she tried the rescue. Maybe a freak wave catapaulted him in.

Back to Jennifer.
It's close to the 'throwing the arms in the air' despair time. I agree it is an unusual situation.

I was thinking about the case this morning and I concluded that all I really know about it is this:

Her abductor was either someone she knew or it was someone she didn't know.

What keeps bothering me is how clean the crime was.
There was just nothing left behind in the way of physical evidence.
And no witnesses either? At a busy time of the morning.
Something doesn't add up here.

Beyond Belief posted the best picture I had seen and I did some more with it, not much. I will go look at BB's work again and other links and see what I can find.

A specific link to the picture you're talking about would be appreciated. :)

rd

Mystery

True, there doesn't seem to be any clues left behind.

However, I think we need to assume the most likley scenario first. That is, the POI is assoc, with JK, abducted her, got rid of evidence, moved the car to get the heat off of Mosaic, and to gain a couple of days on LE.

But, I believe driving Jk's car will end up convicting the POI.

We have the soil sample from the left front quarter panel.
WE have the picture of the POI
WE probably have some type of evidence in that car, albeit, a hair, fiber, print, dna from excretions, cigarette, soda can etc.
Plus, we don't know if any other cameras caught the POI

I see the case this way, IN my opinion, LE does not have a serious suspect. Otherwise, LE would not have agreed to release that video two weeks ago. imo

However, once the "right" suspect comes on their radar screen, everything will come together. He will resemble the POI, he will be tied to the car, and he will have some type of thing in common with JK, either work, Mosaic, church, old complex, college, etc.

I still think this case will be solved.

LE just needs the right tip, and not to assume the person has a criminal record.

left

BB~ You are great with the stills! Thanks! Can't see anything on that last one, but gives an idea again of height.

Rd~ Yes, the Chef theory struck me because I am intimately familiar with seeing this type of outfit on a certain group of people. (I noticed on other boards last night, quite a few thought he was a restaurant worker. I pointed to the type of restaurant he would work and his job.)

The way you would go about finding this person if he is in the biz is to start at the places most frequented by Jennifer and her company (catererings etc.) then check out staff at the M of M. Look for the obvious while interviewing people...Does he live at Mosaic or did he at the time she went missing? Does he have an alibi during the time the car was found and in the hours before? Ask the restaurants to provide work schedules for the time of her disappearance. (There is good cause to believe he was indeed on his way to work. People were already looking for her and for him to miss would send up red flags immediately that day. He couldn't risk that error. He had to act normal.) Does he work in a knit cap? Does he wear the baggy pants to work as a uniform? Does he have a car? Does he own a bike? A helmet? There are so many ways to interview to narrow the field. Right now, they don't have ANY suspect to even question! This would give them a direction to look in and who knows what they would come up with. A shot in the dark maybe...but they need to take some avenue to generate leads. Sitting on their butts isn't going to solve this case. After getting away scot free for this long, they can't expect him to come to them! He believes he has committed the 'perfect crime'.

The reason people have come to a conclusion he probably lives or works in her complex are easy. Opportunity, convenience, distance from car, ability to move freely in and out the manned gate, and the dog tracking back are a few compelling reasons.

MaGruff~He needed to buy time by confusing LE and leaving her car away from her condo or the crime scene. By placing it to blend it, this did help him. It gave him 44 hours before someone turned it in. The same reason he reparked it...if it were crooked, someone would have complained to management and drew attention to the car sooner.

UM&AMWFan~ This case is intriguing and tragic. I have children her age and would hope people take an interest in trying to find my daughter if she went missing, too. I don't know Jenn or the Kesse family personally. I have never been to Florida. I do this because I am sick of creeps preying on us and getting away with it time after time. This is all I can do from where I am...besides pray.

The fact the police have no real leads means we should all be taking a serious look at every detail. They just need one right lead to put them on the path to finding Jennifer and bringing her home to her parents where she belongs.

Is it possible that Jennifer had a one-night stand type of deal and the guy wouldn't take "no" for an answer? Could he have asked to Jennifer to meet him to talk? Or, could it be someone from work asking if Jennifer would meet early with him to discuss a problem they were having there? I somehow think that it may be someone she knows because they abducted her and got rid of her. If it were a random crime, there is a possibility that she would have been found by now. Of course, this isn't always the case. :confused:

ss

Well said. You have to "make" your own breaks in difficult cases like this. Talking to people at the mall is a good idea.

Nan:

good point. Your scenario is very likely. WE all agree, it is just too clean, no witnesses, sure seems like someone she knew and trusted.

I sure would love to talk to the guard who was working the front gate on the morning of the 24th.

left

I'd love to hear what the police heard that made believe so strongly that JK was being held in a nearby house that they sent in SWAT teams.

By the way I forgot, somebody mentioned that a post office is on a street called orange blossom parkway or something like that? That's also where the boarding house where the SWAT team went in to look for her is located.

Enrique Sparta wrote: I'd love to hear what the police heard that made believe so strongly that JK was being held in a nearby house that they sent in SWAT teams.

By the way I forgot, somebody mentioned that a post office is on a street called orange blossom parkway or something like that? That's also where the boarding house where the SWAT team went in to look for her is located.

That's interesting, ES. The nearest FedEx overnight for Jennifer is at Kinkos on Orange Blossom about a mile or so down from Americana. It goes straight down to Kissimme where she worked (according to news reports that she worked there).

The FedEx opens at 6 am. Anything else would open after she went to work, and FedEx is the first place most people turn to for overnight anyway.

IIRC, I saw it reported that she's a graduate of UCF. I assume she's been to the South campus and knows the area very well.

rd

While looking at some other things...I ran across this cleaned up version of the video by the tv station. It is so much clearer, IMO! Check it out! http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2007/05/the_new_video_i.html

I took a look at this just now to get a perspective of the stills. I can get a good look now. I had never see anything in that dark video before. Thanks, SS.

First the person is ramrod straight and practically marching out of there. From the video I see the gap in the fence is filled normally, there is nothing disproportionate. Heck, the shoes don't even look nearly as out of place large as in the still.

But, this is weird. Someone has to figure out what color clothes appear that way. The hat/helmet, white clothes, white socks, and big black shoes are not normal for anyone in any profession. Lots of everything else in the picture is much lighter than it would be naturally, but the shoes, hat, and hair are black.

The easiest thing to make progress is determine what colored clothing it actually is. The way he looks is not natural.

Could it be light green intern pants over biking shorts? If so, it would be normal biking attire with a white jersey.

But current laissez faire attitude from police on those clothes is unacceptable.

The guy does not have the look of a 5'4" person walking across with a camera at that angle. In addition to the clothes, someone else besides the police may have to determine the actual height of this suspect. At a minimum both camera angles would have to be used, including this one, and something more robust than what I saw with the "model" woman cop.

Quite frankly, in addition to everything else they had her crouched somewhat to emulate the picture, yet the video shows the person walking across ramrod straight.

The police spokeswoman said of the police uniforms showing up light, "It kind of concerned us. We took a closer look at it."

They need to take a much closer look, and measure the height of the suspect from both camera angles, because everyone else but the suspect is kind of concerned also.

rd

The guy does not have the look of a 5'4" person walking across with a camera at that angle. In addition to the clothes, someone else besides the police may have to determine the actual height of this suspect. At a minimum both camera angles would have to be used, including this one, and something more robust than what I saw with the "model" woman cop.

They need to take a much closer look, and measure the height of the suspect from both camera angles, because everyone else but the suspect is kind of concerned also.

rd

Rd

Good job. Amen.

left

PS Just show me one video or photo from the poolhouse camera of an average male 5"10 walking in the same path as the poi. that is all I ask. Then, I will go away and never ask again.

Ok, my husband and I brainstormed tonight and we came up with an idea that we want feedback on. We want to hear your response.

I now have to backpedal and take back my former conclusions that the suspect was either a resident at the the Mosaic Condominiums or else a worker there. The reasons why I changed my mind are the bloodhound and the guard in the guardhouse.

We know that the bloodhound tracked the scent of the suspect from Jennifer's parked car at the Huntington On The Green Condominiums to the stairwell of her Mosaic condominium approximately one mile away. Also, the guardhouse was manned at the entrance to the Mosaic Condominiums the day Jennifer was abducted.

If the suspect was either a worker or a resident of the Mosaic Condominiums then the bloodhound would have tracked the scent of the suspect to other areas on the Mosaic grounds besides just the stairwell of Jennifer's condominium. Really, think about it. The same would probably also hold true for a cyclist.

The problem is if the suspect was not a worker or a resident of the Mosaic Condominiums then how did he get his vehicle past the guard in the Mosaic guardhouse when entering or exiting without being noticed? Whereas, a Mosaic resident or a Mosaic worker is supposed to be at the Mosaic and wouldn't be noticed by the guard in the guardhouse.

This seemed like quite a dilemma for my husband and me. Using a map, my husband and I came up with an idea which seemed to solve the problem:

The suspect never drove his own vehicle into the Mosaic complex. The suspect could have parked his own vehicle on the grounds of the Huntington On The Green Condominiums bright and early that Tuesday morning at approximately sometime around 7:30 am. The suspect walked the mile long distance from Huntington On The Green Condominiums to the Mosaic Condominiums. He climbed over the fence and he continued walking to the stairwell of Jennifer's building. There the suspect waited until Jennifer exited her condominium and he approached her on the way to her car. With weapon in hand, the suspect forced Jennifer to be the driver of her own car while he crouched down behind her in the back seat. This way the guard in the guardhouse never saw the suspect in Jennifer's car or driving Jennifer's car.

Hours later, the suspect dropped off Jennifer's car at the Huntington On The Green Condominiums at about noon time. The suspect then walked the perimeter around the pool area on his way to retrieve his own vehicle in that very same parking lot just out of view of the security cameras. This scenario offers a seemingly unbroken track for the bloodhound to trace the scent of the suspect.

This scenario seems to work best and seems to be less problematic. Of course, this scenario would verify that the abduction of Jennifer Kesse was premeditated by someone who was not Jennifer's neighbor and was not a worker at the Mosaic Condominiums.

Also, I just want to add that the suspect could have changed his clothes before dropping off Jennifer's car.

What do you think of this possible scenario?

Mystery

We have the soil sample from the left front quarter panel.

left

I think they need to delve deeper into this issue. This clue could be substantial.

When was the last time Jennifer washed her car? Could she have receipts from a gas station for that? Her father said she wasn't too worried about cleaning the inside and so the outside dirt could just have been there for awhile, but how many places would she go in her vehicle to get dirt/mud up on the car? Anyone know what the weather had been like in Orlando prior to her missing? Dirt would only stick if it were muddy then dried...right?

Did her job entail going to sites where this could have happened? She worked with timeshares and such, but I don't know if she physically would go in the field as a financial analyst. This could explain it, but I would like to know.

OK Say she doesn't go to such places and lives a basic urban lifestyle. The beach, restaurants, movies, shopping, and the pool. For the car to be around dirt/mud...it would mean the country, a park, a construction site, a ballfield, a racetrack, a yard, gardens, and what is left? Where is the nearest place outside of the city to take her on backroads or that has cabins etc? Maybe Cat could answer this one since she knows the area.

Soil samples should be able to point somewhere! Surely, they already compared them to the construction sites nearest to the Condos and ruled them out.

Enrique Sparta wrote: I'd love to hear what the police heard that made believe so strongly that JK was being held in a nearby house that they sent in SWAT teams.

That's interesting, ES. The nearest FedEx overnight for Jennifer is at Kinkos on Orange Blossom about a mile or so down from Americana. It goes straight down to Kissimme where she worked (according to news reports that she worked there).

The FedEx opens at 6 am. Anything else would open after she went to work, and FedEx is the first place most people turn to for overnight anyway.

IIRC, I saw it reported that she's a graduate of UCF. I assume she's been to the South campus and knows the area very well.

rd

Jennifer Kesse worked at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, FL, which is the opposite direction, northwest from Kissimmee.

It would be Orange Blossom Trail that you are talking about, which is east of the Mosaic and the Huntington On The Green condominiums.

I am just trying to be helpful.

I'm doing house cleaning so I'm closing this thread and starting a part 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie