WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first time posting here. Forgive me if it's been asked before, but can someone point me in the right direction to figure out what all these initials stand for? I am sorry if it's against the rules to ask, I just get so lost reading all of this!

Hello, first time posting here. Forgive me if it's been asked before, but can someone point me in the right direction to figure out what all these initials stand for? I am sorry if it's against the rules to ask, I just get so lost reading all of this!

Welcome, aj12! :) Can you be a little more specific?

WC- Mom
RC- Dad
MC- Mackenzie
JF- Mom bf/ex?
JV- MC's bf/ex bf?

Welcome, aj12! :) Can you be a little more specific?

Thanks for the welcome :) I was just trying to figure out who you were all referring to when you said "JF" and "WC" and all that. AnotherLocal set it straight for me though.

i really can't understand why the WW would go against what LE told them not to do.
i really hope the WW didn't screw up the investigation. I hope the cowell family sues the WW for not getting there permission.

Oh yeah, and who is LE again? I'm pretty sure it's the investigators, right? What's LE stand for?

Then you've got the jailed brothers, (as of last refresh of inmate list), one of whom is RUMORed to have worked for JF in the past. Also both are RUMOR to be involved in drugs, (looking at criminal record I don't think they've learned their lesson yet).

CR - Unknown which might have worked for JF, (RUMOR)
DR, (or might also go by RR?) - Unknown which might have worked for JF, (RUMOR)

Apologies if this has already been posted from KPQ:

In a press release Cowell Homicide Task Force Commander Michael Wagg says to date the task force has received and investigated over 200 tips and interviewed over 670 people. A number of searches have taken place and items have been sent to the State Crime Lab and other forensic labs for examination. About a dozen investigators are working on the task force on a regular basis. Wagg says those investigators continue to work tirelessly to find the person or persons responsible for the murder of Mackenzie Cowell. While no arrests have been made to date, Wagg says investigators are very optimistic that the investigation will result in an arrest and conviction.

:bananajump: Everyone remember to spring forward! :bananajump:

Uh-oh! I think Websleuths sprung backward, as I'm now two hours behind the actual time.

And doesn't the task force Commander's statement seem to contradict what the WenWorld posted Friday in their article? :waitasec:

You are doing fine humwhatsup. As for the picture: The background of the Crescent Bar property, (looking over the top of the house), is looking down river. It is really inaccessible by anything but boat and has never had development down there, (besides Indian encampments, but that was before they dammed up the river and flooded the valley floor).

ETA: Well, that may not be entirely true... It seems there was some type of city/town that was flooded as well.

I could be wrong, because I'm not familiar with the area, but looking at Google Earth, I can see that there is quite a bit of development to the southeast of the CB house along the river, including a recreational area/campground called Thousand Springs Preserve. Even if the photo from pufnstuf wasn't taken right at the CB house, it could still indicate that the person in the photo is familiar with the general area. Could the photo perhaps have been taken by people camping at the Preserve?

Uh-oh! I think Websleuths sprung backward, as I'm now two hours behind the actual time.

And doesn't the task force Commander's statement seem to contradict what the WenWorld posted Friday in their article? :waitasec:

Yeah, me too...2 hours behind the real time...

I could be wrong, because I'm not familiar with the area, but looking at Google Earth, I can see that there is quite a bit of development to the southeast of the CB house along the river, including a recreational area/campground called Thousand Springs Preserve. Even if the photo from pufnstuf wasn't taken right at the CB house, it could still indicate that the person in the photo is familiar with the general area. Could the photo perhaps have been taken by people camping at the Preserve?

I did some google earth too and I really can't see enough to identify location. To me that water does not look like the Columbia river, but a lake, (possibly Lake Chelan north of Wenatchee - on Google Earth looking west off of Wapato Point???). Either way it doesn't appear that it could be looking north up the river from any Crescent Bar location as there is zero development on the other side of the river and I don't think the river could appear that wide or have such a long shot of open water as the river bends just before coming into CB. (Depth perspective is quite difficult, so I could be wrong)

ETA: For those that would like to know, we are looking at this picture.

Apologies if this has already been posted from KPQ:

In a press release Cowell Homicide Task Force Commander Michael Wagg says to date the task force has received and investigated over 200 tips and interviewed over 670 people. A number of searches have taken place and items have been sent to the State Crime Lab and other forensic labs for examination. About a dozen investigators are working on the task force on a regular basis. Wagg says those investigators continue to work tirelessly to find the person or persons responsible for the murder of Mackenzie Cowell. While no arrests have been made to date, Wagg says investigators are very optimistic that the investigation will result in an arrest and conviction.

:bananajump: Everyone remember to spring forward! :bananajump:

Interviewed 670 people??? That doesn't sound like inner circle. I don't even know 670 people. Can anyone, possibly former LE, shed any light to us novices...does this have any significance to you?

I was not big on the gang theory until I just had another thought concerning the COD and the disclosure that 670 people have been interviewed. When I hear about blunt trauma to head, I think of someone hitting someone over the head with an object. But in my area of the country, the boy gangsters wear steel toe boots. We had a gang come into a private community swimming pool last summer and when the lifeguard asked them to leave, they beat him severely to the ground and proceeded to kick him in the head and face with steel toe boots, breaking every bone in his face...he barely survived.

Also, to contradict a previous post (I apologize, I'll try to find it) where someone stated that the gangs do not kill "up close and personal", I disagree...we had two young girls murdered when they were rushing home (late for kurfu (sp)) when they took a shortcut through the woods and stumbled across a gang. They were raped, tortured, and strangled.

CR is no longer on the Chelan County jail roster, as of this morning. DR still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave