TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through some of the media links and found this in an article about the volunteer search:

Palmgren was reported missing April 30 and was last seen by a neighbor in the St. Ives subdivision on Ridgerock Drive. The last signal from Palmgren’s cell phone was reported near Mountain Creek Road two days after she went missing.

Those street names are more detail than we've gotten before, I believe.

I didn't know this until today because all I had seen was the vague police statement about the ping coming from the "north base" of Signal. So this points to the W-Road, right?

Doesn't the mother-in-law live in or near Mountain Creek Road? I just keep getting a strange feeling about her involvement in this. Wasn't Matt supposedly with his mother just before he arrived home to find the children alone? Was their some misunderstanding about where they were supposed to meet that day?

How could she get lost between her house and Mountain Creek Road? I'm sure the police checked that area as soon as they were aware of the cell phone ping.

Yes could be.

Under what circumstance would that have been done?

The only reason, IMO, would be to make sure that it wouldn't be found.

I don't know if there are any body shop places that do that around there, though.

The only reason, IMO, would be to make sure that it wouldn't be found.

I don't know if there are any body shop places that do that around there, though.

I understand that to be the reason for repainting.

What would be the circumstance?

In other words, who would want to repaint it and why would they choose repainting versus other options to conceal it?

I may be taking your suggestion further than you intended. If so, just let me know.

I understand that to be the reason for repainting.

What would be the circumstance?

In other words, who would want to repaint it and why would they choose repainting versus other options to conceal it?

I may be taking your suggestion further than you intended. If so, just let me know.

If it were me trying to conceal the Jeep, it would be easier for me to dump it in water or in the woods, BUT, if I had access to someone/somewhere to paint the vehicle, I might feel like that would be a better way to hide it in plain sight.

Have there been any helicopter searches yet?

Might be beneficial to fly over the major waterways to see if a submerged vehicle might be visible. Of course this would need to be done at times of low runoff/reduced turbidity from the many storms that pass through that area.

One area that attracted my attention was the nearby Raccoon Mountain Reservoir. it seemed to have the required remoteness

Raccoon Mountain Pumped Station Reservoir
http://bit.ly/ivYecA

zoom in using the satellite view

If it were me trying to conceal the Jeep, it would be easier for me to dump it in water or in the woods, BUT, if I had access to someone/somewhere to paint the vehicle, I might feel like that would be a better way to hide it in plain sight.

Or at a public storage or personal storage building.

The separation filing was made May 6. The divorce atty is a criminal defense attorney. So the earliest we know for certain he retained an attorney is 5-6-11.

I have a lot of trouble believing he had not already retained the attorney. I guess it is theoretically possible, but I have never heard of a case where the process moved from initial conference, to preparing and revising documents, to signing and filing with the court, all within the span of one day. And with several documents involved?

He reported her missing on May 2, and the filing was May 6. I SUSPECT the paperwork was in the works before May 2, but I hardly see how it could have been as late as May 6.

I also find it curious that he had a criminal defense attorney prepare his divorce/legal separation type paperwork. He obviously has the funds to retain two attorneys.

Raccoon Mt. Pumped Resevoir belongs TVA. If I remember correctly it is fenced in for the most part and they would notice if the fenced was destroyed...

It produces power during the summer.

I noticed where yesterday there was a discussion of the mistress...was it a rumor or was it true?

I will say that if you do some digging, the mistress' name has been outed by some locals. If I am reading it correctly, it also appears they may or may not work for BCBS. I dug further and found the woman named indeed works for BCBS. I think it may be a matter of time before her name hits the media. Then again, with little being reported...maybe not. Just something for you guys to chew on while we are looking for Gail.

This is all my opinion and all that jazz, BTW

I noticed where yesterday there was a discussion of the mistress...was it a rumor or was it true?

I will say that if you do some digging, the mistress' name has been outed by some locals. If I am reading it correctly, it also appears they may or may not work for BCBS. I dug further and found the woman named indeed works for BCBS. I think it may be a matter of time before her name hits the media. Then again, with little being reported...maybe not. Just something for you guys to chew on while we are looking for Gail.

This is all my opinion and all that jazz, BTW

Many here have treated it as fact to the extent of considering her as a suspect.

Circumstantial "evidence" could suggest he was having an affair.

However, at this point, it is only rumor.

They were deffinately invited to the search. They were also invited to offer any advice upon how to conduct it and how to do it safely. They deffinately chose to keep this search unofficial, but did lend support by having detectives on hand.

This not looking feeling, being referenced in the last few posts is about the first 48 hours (JMO)....do we know if he hired the PI right away? The feeling is that because her husband seemed to show little concern, then police weren't really out looking at that point. The thought of finding her somewhere come Fall, a victim of a car accident, where she could have survived if help had been brought promptly, is just hanging over us like a black cloud.
Since SM police patrol every street 2X day it's very likely they were keeping an eye out for her...it's the seeming lack of urgency that is bothersome

Thank you for the correction fbx. I wont speak for LE, but I would hazard a guess that they were looking for breaks in the guard rails etc...I believe her family was.

Fact is, the trail was 48 hours cold when they got it. They MAY have been further hampered by a spouse who would not talk and would not allow access to the children. After all, the three of them (Matt, 2 children) could likely have given some insight. We know for sure that Matt considered her unstable in a psychiatric way-LE had to spend time running that down.

Just giving some examples as to how quickly time can pass when trying to sort out what may have happened....

Many here have treated it as fact to the extent of considering her as a suspect.

Circumstantial "evidence" could suggest he was having an affair.

However, at this point, it is only rumor.

This is very true. It is to be treated as a rumor until we have some kind of verification. I was just doing some digging and wanted to let everyone know so that maybe we can all get to the bottom of this. It's a shame we really don't have a direction to go yet. I really hope they find that jeep and/or Gail soon.

The affair has been mentioned in the mainstream media so we can talk about it. We just can't sleuth the person who was outed in comments under the news articles. ;)

It would be easy for MP to debunk it as just a rumor. He should get one or both of his lawyers on that right away. :coffeews:

Thank you for the correction fbx. I wont speak for LE, but I would hazard a guess that they were looking for breaks in the guard rails etc...I believe her family was.

Fact is, the trail was 48 hours cold when they got it. They MAY have been further hampered by a spouse who would not talk and would not allow access to the children. After all, the three of them (Matt, 2 children) could likely have given some insight. We know for sure that Matt considered her unstable in a psychiatric way-LE had to spend time running that down.

Just giving some examples as to how quickly time can pass when trying to sort out what may have happened....

Just so I better understand, are you saying the Matt would not talk to the police after reporting her missing?

If so, do you have a link where LE confirms this?

Thanks and sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

Again, it is likely that MP could care less what the rest of us think...we are not material to his life. It is his friends, family and co workers who matter the most to him. I wonder what they are saying to LE on his behalf? We certainly know what Gail's friends and family are saying...

The affair has been mentioned in the mainstream media so we can talk about it. We just can't sleuth the person who was outed in comments under the news articles. ;)

It would be easy for MP to debunk it as just a rumor. He should get one or both of his lawyers on that right away. :coffeews:

Okay, I won't sleuth her anymore...by golly darn it!!! I am wondering if this mystery person that works at BCBS has been put on leave as well? Now that would be extremely interesting information to know. I do hope that LE has looked further into the actual whereabouts of MP and this woman on April 30th. Isn't having a mistress usually a motive these days for more sinister things than voluntarily disappearing? Point in case, Scott Peterson. This whole thing stinks of something gone terribly wrong. IMO

Your statement, then, indicates that MP is trustworthy to the public until proven otherwise.

At this point, the affair rumor has been reported in MSM.

At this point, it is a verified rumor.

But, that would make someone else complicit in concealing the vehicle, which would increase the risk. That is, if Gail were not the one to have it repainted.

On the other hand, if it was Gail who had it repainted, that would make a bit of sense, in that she would need a vehicle to function. And, it could be repainted far from home.

To me, the latter scenario is difficult to believe, in that she would be missing voluntarily. But, recently, there was a case in NW Chicago, close to where one of my best girlfriends lives in which a mother of 2 dropped off one of her kids @ a pizza place, then drove north to do drugs (heroine, I believe), then died of an overdose. To me, that was SHOOOCKING, so I could be wrong about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee