recent Hailey items

Status
Not open for further replies.
was just musing why Texas Rangers were investigating

FYI these teens are missing-http://www.facebook.com/FindJaxWhittington
Supposedly Jax texted her father yesterday- but no mention of Ryan, ugh around 84/ 180 Snyder where car was left

was just musing why Texas Rangers were investigating

FYI these teens are missing-http://www.facebook.com/FindJaxWhittington
Supposedly Jax texted her father yesterday- but no mention of Ryan, ugh around 84/ 180 Snyder where car was left

It says they were last seen together headed west on hwy 84 which would be the opposite way from Albany. Would have had to backtrack quite a bit to be one of them, they were trying to get to Oregon.

I am not sure what I can say as I dont have a link but I believe its a mans body that they havefound.

okay here's a new media report to chew on-
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/jul/10/hope-for-hailey-organizes-august-birthday/
snipped-"Colorado City Police Chief Tinker Owens said the investigating agency had no updates to report, but officers continue to follow up on incoming tips. There are still no suspects in Hailey's disappearance."

WTH?? No suspects. What about POI(s)? Has the status of SA changed??

My personal opinion is that is merely the opinion of the reporter. I know of a woman who wrote to the reporter about this quote and from the answer it simply seems to be HER opinion. My personal opinion is IF anyone wants to know if Shawn is a suspect or not that they should contact Chief Owens.

Colorado City Police Chief Tinker Owens said the investigating agency had no updates to report, but officers continue to follow up on incoming tips. There are still no suspects in Hailey's disappearance.

Thank you, For The Kids. There are no quotation marks around the "statement" from Owens. More bad reporting, which we have seen so much of in Hailey's case.

What stood out most to me in the story though, was who was speaking out for Hailey. Did this reporter make any effort to contact Billie or Clint?

very good Knox- WHAT do Hailey's parents have to say? they sure are quiet.

Wish I knew the answer to your question sres. Seems like they just moved on with their lives. That's probably not fair, I'm not privy to any details in their lives, but it's the way it appears from the outside looking in.

.... ....My personal opinion is IF anyone wants to know if Shawn is a suspect or not that they should contact Chief Owens.
I don't think he wants me to call him :) but then again if I could make myself behave........

Probably nothing but it's only 30 miles away. Not sure how a body has laid out beside the interstate and a truck stop and no one has seen it till now.

UPDATE: Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 3:56 PM CDT Updated: Jul 26, 2012 5:07 PM CDT
c_fv_tl.gif
Video Gallery

Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County (7-26-12)

1:24

Staff Report
NewsWest 9
NOLAN COUNTY - NewsWest 9 has learned that Sweetwater Police are actively working with Texas Rangers after a body was found on Interstate 20.
Sweetwater Police tells NewsWest 9, the body was partially decomposed in the median of I-20 and was found by TxDOT crews that were working in the area.
NewsWest 9 spoke with Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Frieda via phone and he said that authorities do not know if the body is a male or female.
Police called in the Texas Rangers to assist with the investigation of the remains.
The remains have been sent to Lubbock for an autopsy and the investigation remains active.

Probably nothing but it's only 30 miles away. Not sure how a body has laid out beside the interstate and a truck stop and no one has seen it till now.

UPDATE: Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 3:56 PM CDT Updated: Jul 26, 2012 5:07 PM CDT
c_fv_tl.gif
Video Gallery

Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County (7-26-12)

1:24

Staff Report
NewsWest 9
NOLAN COUNTY - NewsWest 9 has learned that Sweetwater Police are actively working with Texas Rangers after a body was found on Interstate 20.
Sweetwater Police tells NewsWest 9, the body was partially decomposed in the median of I-20 and was found by TxDOT crews that were working in the area.
NewsWest 9 spoke with Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Frieda via phone and he said that authorities do not know if the body is a male or female.
Police called in the Texas Rangers to assist with the investigation of the remains.
The remains have been sent to Lubbock for an autopsy and the investigation remains active.

Sadly, this is probably some other person, maybe even one that has not been reported missing...seems to be the case far too often.

30 miles away on I 20 . It has my interest. The article said '' partially decomposed '' .

The article was updated.

NOLAN COUNTY - A body found on the Interstate in Sweetwater has been sent to the Medical Examiner's Office.
The partially decomposed body was found in the median along I-20 on Thursday.
Around 11 a.m., TXDOT crews spotted the body while they working.
Sweetwater Police and the Texas Rangers are working together to investigate the remains.
Police tell NewsWest 9, the suspicious death is being investigated as a homicide.
On Thursday, NewsWest 9 spoke with Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Frieda about rumors of the body being missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
"We're not going to make any assumptions that it is or is not. I don't think it's fair to the family or the community to constantly speculate whether it is Hailey or not," Frieda said.
The body was sent to Lubbock for an autopsy.
Chief Frieda says they don't know how long it will take to get the results back.
http://www.kwes.com/story/19124196/body-found-on-interstate-20-in-nolan-county

30 miles away on I 20 . It has my interest. The article said '' partially decomposed '' .

The location is a definite possibility, it's the description that makes me think it's not our sweet Hailey.

Today, if you google "body found sweetwater," the news reports state that the body was severely/badily decomposed, so much so that an identification could not be made.

It could still be Hailey. It is strange though for a body to be there like that long enough to decompose severely without being discovered though. It is in fairly plain sight. The number of truckers alone with a high vantage point should have been able to see something like that. Some articles also indicate that other evidence was collected at the scene, so I wonder if the body was wrapped and had only recently been exposed by the elements or something.

You can tell from both Google Maps and Bing maps almost exactly where the body was found. It is near several businesses on the Interstate, flat, and no where close to a drainage area (in the median anyway) that could have "deposited" the body from elsewhere.

Depending on how decomposed the body is, I would surmise that it was dumped there. If correct, it would indicate that the body had been elsewhere, perhaps buried or not, and moved from wherever it has been depending on how long it was decomposing.

I've traveled this part of I-20 for over 28 years. Sweetwater is a good stopping point after getting off the highway to Lubbock and is a good place to stop if you missed Abilene or Colorado City as possible other stops, depending on the way you were traveling.

Point is that the body could not have been there in that area decomposing for a long time without someone noticing it.

You can tell from both Google Maps and Bing maps almost exactly where the body was found. It is near several businesses on the Interstate, flat, and no where close to a drainage area (in the median anyway) that could have "deposited" the body from elsewhere.

Depending on how decomposed the body is, I would surmise that it was dumped there. If correct, it would indicate that the body had been elsewhere, perhaps buried or not, and moved from wherever it has been depending on how long it was decomposing.

I've traveled this part of I-20 for over 28 years. Sweetwater is a good stopping point after getting off the highway to Lubbock and is a good place to stop if you missed Abilene or Colorado City as possible other stops, depending on the way you were traveling.

Point is that the body could not have been there in that area decomposing for a long time without someone noticing it.

That's true. I wonder if the body was dumped the night before but why on the side of heavily traveled I20 and by a truck stop?. I am sure the median has been mowed before now also. just strange.

After reveiwing google maps and Bing maps. I noticed some work has been done in the area in question since the maps photos were taken.

I am wondering if it is possible that these remains were buried in the dirt as work was done and have been unearth for whatever reason.

You can see fresh dirt exposed in many of the maps photos at exit 242.

New Details Released After Body Was Found on Interstate 20 in Sweetwater

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 4:58 PM CDT Updated: Jul 27, 2012 4:58 PM CDT

Staff Report
NewsWest 9
SWEETWATER - New details on the body found on Interstate 20 in Sweetwater on Thursday.
The autopsy is complete but now the remains have been sent to Denton to help with identification.
They're not releasing yet if it is a man or a woman or how they died.
The body was found in the median of I-20 by TXDOT workers who were cleaning up the area.
According to KTXS in Abilene, a mower ran over it.
A TXDOT supervisor says it was mostly bones and what little clothing was there was ripped by the mower.
A worker at the B-Line Sweetwater business, that's near where the body was found, told KTXS that he fears it may have been a man who parked his car near their shop, a couple of months ago, because he never returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni