GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
AgentFrank, a question if you will answer. Is Hogue or Buford SM's lead counsel?

I believe Floyd is still lead counsel. I will find out . They are working in tandem, but Floyd was engaged first. In the filings I reviewed a while back there was a motion filed by Floyd to add Hogue to the defense team. Not sure about the legal technicalities , how or if it makes any difference. Floyd is doing plenty of work on the case, I do know that. They both are.

Speaking of the November election -- the mud slinging has begun! Greg Winters' opponent David Cooke has this on his website along with a short write up, it is the top link on his main page!

I would think the defense probably DOES want Winters to head up the prosecution at the trial, David Cooke might be a stronger opponent in the courtroom. Cooke appears to have a good deal of experience, he also specialized in prosecuting internet related crimes. http://www.davidcooke4da.com/about

Pretty easy for this guy to throw stones from where he sits. Greg doesn't have an easy job. I also see he is crowing about how he beat Greg at raising money for Crisis Line Safe House.

Pretty easy for this guy to throw stones from where he sits. Greg doesn't have an easy job. I also see he is crowing about how he beat Greg at raising money for Crisis Line Safe House.

Yeah it is very easy for him, Greg Winters is busy digging his own grave and he doesn't really need any help. When Winters, who usually likes to do all the talking and run the show, put that sick female prosecutor up to explain the bogus internet post that was really a new low.

He wants to be the captain of the ship therefore HE should take responsibility for any mistakes in his department, he doesn't get to claim the glory and then let his underlings explain the failures. I am honestly shocked that he did that, but then it seems he is always doing some pretty surprising things.

Everyone who is interested in participating,

please remember we will hold a

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

I chose the hours so that we could start during the time when Lauren was known to be alive and well a year ago ... and then stay here for her until a time corresponding to when her loved ones knew the sad likelihood that her spirit had moved on and so reached to embrace her precious memory. (And I pray that God will especially bless and comfort all who loved Lauren and all those she loved, too, during this anniversary time.)

It may not be possible for us to have someone here every minute during this time period (it will be great if we can), but let's try to keep this thread well-populated to the extent that we can.

In earlier discussion, it was suggested that this will be a wonderful time to post pictures and memories and anecdotes recalling all that Lauren was and did and accomplished in her life. Let's remember her as so much more than the victim of a horrific crime -- let's celebrate the vibrant, loving and accomplished person who meant so much to so many.

If you have specific time periods when you can participate, please post or pm me to indicate when. I will post a tentative schedule over the weekend so that those who will need to just "drop in" when they can will be able to have an idea of when they are most needed. (Everyone is welcome to come at any time, of course, to post or just sit quietly, remembering Lauren.)

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

Yeah it is very easy for him, Greg Winters is busy digging his own grave and he doesn't really need any help. When Winters, who usually likes to do all the talking and run the show, put that sick female prosecutor up to explain the bogus internet post that was really a new low.

He wants to be the captain of the ship therefore HE should take responsibility for any mistakes in his department, he doesn't get to claim the glory and then let his underlings explain the failures. I am honestly shocked that he did that, but then it seems he is always doing some pretty surprising things.

In the interest of fairness, Greg Winters had the same bug as the female prosecutor - also coughing, difficult time speaking as well. For what it is worth, the female prosecutor is ordinarily very good at her job. Hopefully they will both be well by the next hearing. Expect to see both prosecutors throughout the process.

In the interest of fairness, Greg Winters had the same bug as the female prosecutor - also coughing, difficult time speaking as well. For what it is worth, the female prosecutor is ordinarily very good at her job. Hopefully they will both be well by the next hearing. Expect to see both prosecutors throughout the process.

It also now makes better sense to me, now that we know the defense was thinking to have Winters on the stand regarding the post if necessary, that he turned the lead over to his assistant for this hearing. He could have taken over after the bogus post issue was dealt with, I guess, but that would have looked funny, too, and would have disrupted the "flow" of things.

I hope you are right oneway, that is what I love about the legal system, when two parties go at it like a heavyweight boxing match , and this one has all the buildup to be a classic. Nancy Malcor is very good , no doubt . If he can , Greg needs to recover from this blunder, learn his lesson, and move on, give us some red meat that makes us think McD did do this We haven't seen anything like that yet out of him. Just endless delays and stalls , very little offense. If he doesn't (or perhaps he can't?) this won't even be a fair fight.

I'm glad to see The Telegraph did not limit the new "Night of Panic" article to its print edition:

Night of Panic: The evening before Lauren Giddings was found dead, her friends and kin sounded the alarm

... Explanations, like the whereabouts of parts of Giddings’ dismembered body, have remained elusive. Details of her death -- and speculation over who may be responsible for it -- have captivated and bewildered locals at times in the past 12 months and raised countless questions. Among them: Why her?...

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2012/06/24/2071775/night-of-panic-the-evening-before.html

bessie says we will probably have a new thread some time Sunday, so I am repeating the information below one more time in this one before it closes.

Please, if you can sign up for a specific time/ for specific times, post or pm to let me know, so that I can post a tentative schedule some time Sunday evening (Don't worry -- it won't be written in stone ... but I think it will help somewhat to let others know where the "gaps" are so they can try to fill in with their visits.)

Everyone who is interested in participating,
please remember we will hold a

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

I chose the hours so that we could start during the time when Lauren was known to be alive and well a year ago ... and then stay here for her until a time corresponding to when her loved ones knew the sad likelihood that her spirit had moved on and so reached to embrace her precious memory. (And I pray that God will especially bless and comfort all who loved Lauren and all those she loved, too, during this anniversary time.)

It may not be possible for us to have someone here every minute during this time period (it will be great if we can), but let's try to keep this thread well-populated to the extent that we can.

In earlier discussion, it was suggested that this will be a wonderful time to post pictures and memories and anecdotes recalling all that Lauren was and did and accomplished in her life. Let's remember her as so much more than the victim of a horrific crime -- let's celebrate the vibrant, loving and accomplished person who meant so much to so many.

If you have specific time periods when you can participate, please post or pm me to indicate when. I will post a tentative schedule Sunday evening so that those who will need to just "drop in" when they can will be able to have an idea of when they are most needed. (Everyone is welcome to come at any time, of course, to post or just sit quietly, remembering Lauren.)

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics