Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back story is national media, make himself a few bucks and clients.

I dont see how he is going to get any "paying" clients from this case.
Imagine if/when he loses, every defendant in Orlando would rather use a PD over JB.

I do not see anywhere on JB's bio where he went to law school. Any one know?

I do not see anywhere on JB's bio where he went to law school. Any one know?

Taken from a cached Orlando Sentinel page:

In the past month, 39-year-old Baez has appeared on national television shows. He is quoted in People magazine. Court hearings he's in are shown live over the Internet.

This sudden celebrity is a dramatic change for the boy who dropped out of Homestead High in the ninth grade, joined the U.S. Navy and attended Florida State University with plans of becoming a cop. He decided to be a lawyer his last year in Tallahassee.

"I wanted to have a bigger impact on the system. I thought law was the way to do that," he said from his strip-mall office next door to Miller Bail Bonds and down the street from the Osceola County Jail.

Baez, who speaks Spanish and Portuguese, graduated from St. Thomas University in Miami in 1997, cut his legal teeth at the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office and opened his law firm in Kissimmee three years ago. He has another lawyer who works with him, along with an investigator and a paralegal.

Edit: Bolded the wrong part, sorry.

According to Baez web page he joined the PD office in 1995 and won 32 of 34 cases he tried in the first 2 years. Baez could not have tried any cases in the first 2 years has he had not yet been admitted to the Bar. Baez was not amitted to the Bar until 2005 and it was then that he opened his "private" law practice.
I have been able to find just one major case he tried and he lost that one. On that case Baez made his client and the court wait for him for 45 minutes while he took Casey home.
Baez at one time had a real estate license in Florida, so I would guess he sold real estate to supplement his PD Lackey (he was not an attorney) salary.
Baez lives in a very modest home which he purchased in 2003, which leads me to think he really is not the sucessful attorney he portrays himself to be.
Would you put St Thomas University on your CV?? Maybe that is why it took him 8 years to pass the Bar.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=DB57BFAB967A30E6BCC3D13BB496E3EA

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/0/3A2DB569807C9B46852570970071F970?OpenDocument

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html

I said this on another thread, but will post it here also. IF (unless she cops a plea and that is doubtful) or when Casey goes to trial on any type of charges relating to Caylee's disappearance and death, I seriously doubt JB will be her attorney - or if he is, he will be second chair to someone else. This whole bizarre case is going to be just too tempting for a high profile criminal defense attorney not to sink their teeth into.

I believe that JB is the closest one to the truth. There is a good chance that he doesn't know the truth, but does he want to?

If JB were to take a lie detector test what questions would you ask him?

Do you know where Caylee is? JB: No...
Most likely true

Do you believe that your client knows where Caylee is? JB: No...
Most likely false

Have you personally benefited, in any way due to your representation of Casey? JB: No...
Completely false

Of course these are just my opinions in how he would answer, but I would be very interested in hearing others opinions or questions/answers they would ask or expect.

I believe that JB is the closest one to the truth. There is a good chance that he doesn't know the truth, but does he want to?

SNIP.
Are you talking about KC's layer Jose B? If so he don't need to take a lie detector. He's the lawyer what he knows or doesn't know is between the client and him. Only under limited conditions would he need to reveal anything to the courts.

I know people who have taken lie detector tests and people on here has also said this. "I told the truth and the test said it was not true". They really aren't admissable in court, I don't think.

A lot of people won't take them for their inaccuracy.

I know people who have taken lie detector tests and people on here has also said this. "I told the truth and the test said it was not true". They really aren't admissable in court, I don't think.

A lot of people won't take them for their inaccuracy.

I agree with you that lie detectors tests are not admissable and therefore do not hold much relevance. My point was just that I'm sure JB either knows the truth or could find out the truth if he really wanted to.

While lie detector tests are inaccurate to some degree, LE has used them to confront the suspect and say "this proves you lied" in some cases it has worked to get a confession.

everyone involved in this case ( the main characters ) would all fail the test

they would fail faster than a hippo sitting in a mud sinkhole

Can anyone fill me in on JBs past clients? What is his story?

Are hippos your favorite animals RD?

:lol:

:laugh:

I think Casey would pass. She seems to get to a point where she truly believes her lies and doesn't stress when telling them. If she is a true sociopath, lie detectors often don't work well on them.

I love this part:

"The legal merits of his motion have yet to be decided, because Baez blundered by not notifying the judge assigned to the case about his motion. Nor has he asked the judge for a hearing. So his motion sits in the clerk's office on the second floor of the courthouse going nowhere."

And Casey sits at home going nowhere except to JB's office. I'll bet LE disagrees... this case is definitely going SOMEWHERE!

is he court appointed public defense attorney or is someone paying him?
I recall Cindy commenting how Casey "had picked him" from a list. But his website says nothing about public defense

I have posted about this before. Jose Baez is NOT court appointed, nor does he have a contract with Orange County. He is not a Public Defender. How he is getting paid is anyones guess.

In Orange County, we have the Public Defenders, if there is a conflict, we then appoint The Office of Regional Conflict Counsel, then if that has a conflict, we go to our list of contract attorneys. Jose Baez is not on that list.

I posted links to find cases JB's formerly, and currently working on in LE Docs and OC jail info. The title of the post is JB's Former/Current Cases Per Orange County Clerk of Courts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361