TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about Brandon Lavergne confessing in detail to the murder of Lisa Pate while in jail for separate rape charges. When he was charged with killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa in 2012, the other inmates apparently had told these stories to investigators (possibly sometime before but they didn't come out until after her had killed Mickey and was charged with her murder).
Maybe they should send these water bottles to prisons. What if there's some guy locked up for another crime who has told he jail cell buddies about kidnapping and killing (cringe, but we know it's likely) a petite blonde girl near Darden?

I know jail house confessions to other inmates can be less than reliable but just in case.....

At this point, why not?

Makes a lot more sense to me than homeless shelters. Jails/prisons is where you'll find the snitches JMO

Holly could be anywhere. The truck campaign made sense and it should continue, if it hasn't.

Great idea, ktgirl, couldn't hurt..
This is another idea thought of by the Parents of a murdered daughter; Suzanne Lyall, that has been very effective in getting inmates to connect the dots for missing/murdered persons cold cases:

http://www.jimmurphyda.com/CenterforHope.htm

Center for Hope: Doug and Mary Lyall create not for profit to remember the missing, especially Suzanne Lyall and create a monument to missing persons.

The Playing Card Program: Missing Persons, Unsolved Homicide Victims and Fugitives from Justice. A partnership with DA Murphy and the Lyalls

Effective Playing Cards produced the first custom printed Unsolved Homicide cards with Heartland Crime Stoppers of Polk County, FL. Almost immediately after distributing these unique poker cards to the 2500 jail inmate population of Polk County, Florida, fresh leads into cold cases appeared. Special Agent Tommy Ray of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Cold Case Assessment Team stated, "It is like interviewing all 2500 inmates about 52 different homicides all at the same time!"

Love that idea also!

One would think after 17 months if there was gossip or something was found, someone would have come forward already.

Why wasn't this done 17 months ago?

maybe they are just trying to get more leads on the case??????

Endless gnashing over why things did or didnt happen X months ago is totally really futile. Every day is a new day in the search. Some crimes are solved a decade or more after they happened. In general, new evidence in crimes can be found, collected or uncovered at any point. Oddly too people come forward with information some time after a crime for various reasons. It could be someone knows something and doesn't even realize its important or related to Holly.

ita..

here is an example I saw today of a 1964 case being investigated today due to new leads:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54992363-78/jeppson-police-gully-case.html.csp

what ever it takes as long as it takes I hope they keep working everything for Holly

One would assume the flyers haven't stopped being put up all over. I remember that was what was being done at the very beginning including posting flyers across the border in Mexico and Belize IIRC.

One would assume the flyers haven't stopped being put up all over. I remember that was what was being done at the very beginning including posting flyers across the border in Mexico and Belize IIRC.

have you seen the new error screen (page not found) missing person initiative in Europe? It is very cool! (they have a missing person's poster on each one)

I don't think the truck posters or the water bottles are going to do anything to find Holly.

I think this case is very local.....and Holly is no longer living.
Sad to say, sad to say.

Now, who done it?
It's time to know so he can start his appeals process to the death penalty.

I wish we knew if the can was ever tested for blood evidence or prints. It would help a lot to know this. I've often wondered if Holly was startled and dropped the can...or if she sat it atop the car so she could get her books and things in the vehicle and the can fell off in the altercation with the abductor....

have you seen the new error screen (page not found) missing person initiative in Europe? It is very cool! (they have a missing person's poster on each one)

No haven't seen it. How does it work? Everytime there is an error page, a missing person poster pops up? OMG! That would be so cool if it could be done in North America! How can we get it done?

Mark Fuhrman was told the dogs never tracked Holly into the woods. Take it for what it's worth...but the dogs had a nice fresh trail of blood and not one located or trailed her into the woods.

What does that suggest? That she simply went "poof"? I don't think it matters if Fuhrman is right or not, the dogs may have followed a scent to the edge of the woods, through the woods to a road or not at all, I'm just not following what it means. Please help me out. I hope I don't sound pissy, I'm just not sure what that even means. Holly was here before, she is gone now. Whether dogs picked up a scent or not, that fact can't be changed.

He did say that. It was on Greta, wasn't it? I think it was early on before everything got so confusing.

It was from earlier on. I think it was on Geraldo's show, but you could be right. Personally, I think things got confusing later because things were misspoken earlier on, such as Fuhrman's comments. I think he admitted his source was not an investigator on Holly's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by*Pensfan*
From Case Signal

- Mark Furman @ 7:14: “I called Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. I actually talked to a dispatcher. I talked to somebody in the Sheriff’s department.”

- Mark Furman @ 8:39: “When I called Tennessee, I also found out that the dogs did not scent anything in that treeline where they supposedly entered.”
I remember that and I believe Case Signal to be very reputable also. I haven't looked at it in a long time, but I remember it having everything known or said about this case

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171394&page=21

Thanks for going back and pulling that. I was fairly certain he admitted it was just a dispatcher he had talked to. I'm not sure what case signal is, but I think that the quotes you kindly provided are accurate representations of what was said by Fuhrman.

One would think after 17 months if there was gossip or something was found, someone would have come forward already.

Why wasn't this done 17 months ago?

I think part of the problem with this case has been that there's almost too much gossip. I agree, a lot of things should have been done 17 months ago. It certainly doesn't hurt to try it now, but yes, probably would have been more effective if done long ago.

Not sure which number, but I'm hanging on to the RSO/Remote Acquaintance who knew of Holly. Not sure if this is what 21 means, but I think they probably have a fair idea but still don't feel they have enough direct evidence that could be used at trial to get a conviction so there has been no arrest yet.
he knew where she lived and knew the family's routine it seems so i agree. stalker,remote acquaintance.

What does that suggest? That she simply went "poof"? I don't think it matters if Fuhrman is right or not, the dogs may have followed a scent to the edge of the woods, through the woods to a road or not at all, I'm just not following what it means. Please help me out. I hope I don't sound pissy, I'm just not sure what that even means. Holly was here before, she is gone now. Whether dogs picked up a scent or not, that fact can't be changed.

From what I got from Mark F. at the time, was an implication that she never went into the woods. More sensational that way, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado