LIST Questions & Answers #8 LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to formulate in my mind exactly what happened when and where.

Can I take the 2.6 day trunk decomposition statement to mean that the body was in its 2.6 day state of decomp -- meaning that it could have been in the trunk 2.6 days and was removed at that stage. A good bit of the discussion seems to focus on placing Caylee in the trunk at that point, whereas to me, it seems that's when she was probably removed.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but a few of the threads confused me a bit :)
*bold by me*

I really like the way you framed up the question, themadawg. :clap:

The short answer is that the body was in its ~2.6th day of decomposition when it was either:
a) removed from the trunk for the last time after being there and not being in a leak-proof bag for any period, etc., or
b) removed from the trunk for the last time after being in a leak-proof bag that breached (i.e. tore or disolved due to chloroform) at some time before, or even during, the removal process resulting in decomp products coming into contact w/ the trunk mat, or
3) placed in a bag that served as an effective barrier to prevent the decomp products from coming into contact w/ the trunk mat and returned to the trunk for some period after ~2.6 days until the ultimate disposal​

The slightly longer answer...

Note that the 2.6 days number is an approximation based on some assumptions (so some + or - is allowable). A key assumption in arriving at a # of days is what temperature the body was exposed to during decomposition. There is a thread in the Case Analysis forum where we go into detail using a spreadsheet crafted by JWG with the actual local weather conditions for 6/15/08=> and some available information from scientific studies to both approximate the actual temperature in the trunk (a difference that changes throughout the day mind you), as well as allow different scenarios for when the body was first placed into the trunk (e.g. cooler temps during night time make a difference) and time when the body may have been taken out of the trunk temporarily (e.g. possibly for an hour or so during the shovel-exercise 6/18). IIRC, the 2.6 days released in the docs is based on the average ambient Orlando temperature during the week of 6/16, w/ no adjustment for a higher temp delta of the trunk).

Hope that helps.

Question concerning discovery....

Early on in the case, when we first started getting documents dumps, I seem to recall that I read from a poster with a legal background that LE did not have to pass anything over to defense that they were still using in investigation until they were finished with it? Is this correct? Is that why there are some affidavits and interviews that we know took place but we have seen in a doc dump yet?

If this is true, is it the same for the defense? If they have uncovered something but are still investigating it, do they need to turn it over to SA now even if they have not finished investigating it? Or do both sides only have to turn over what they plan to use in trial?

For example: If DC has recently uncovered something that Baez believes may prove that the body was not on Suburban in August, but they are still investigating that piece of evidence DC found, do they have to turn it over to SA now, or when/if the hearing for this new motion from SA is heard, can Baez just state that they are still investigating their evidence?

Hope this makes sense

Have a question about court case..hope someone can help me with. Under details (from orange county clerk website)

it shows this

8/28/2009 A CORRESPONDENCE FILED FROM INMATE TO JUDGE EVANS

Why is she corresponding with a judge ? Or is this some legal stuff that goes on in the background ?

Have a question about court case..hope someone can help me with. Under details (from orange county clerk website)

it shows this

8/28/2009 A CORRESPONDENCE FILED FROM INMATE TO JUDGE EVANS

Why is she corresponding with a judge ? Or is this some legal stuff that goes on in the background ?

That was from another wacko inmate, claiming he knew who killed Caylee and it wasn't Casey. There's a thread about it -

does anyone know if there are any pictures of caylee taken on fathers day other than the nursing home video?? it just seems that there would be it being a special day and as much as they loved to take pics in that family??

does anyone know if there are any pictures of caylee taken on fathers day other than the nursing home video?? it just seems that there would be it being a special day and as much as they loved to take pics in that family??

I don't believe there are any more, belle3. Cindy & Caylee left ~9AM that morning to go to the nursing home and didn't return until George had already left for work for the evening IIRC.

Casey left for Tony's ~9AM as well. And, IIRC, Lee was outta town. So...even though it was Father's Day it wasn't a particularly special day @ the house for picture taking. When Casey did return home that evening she was on the phone & texting w/ Tony w/ a couple of minor exceptions that were around Caylee's bedtime. In the Case Analysis forum there's a detailed timeline of the events of the evening on a thread entitled, "Details Emerge about the Fight Part Deux" or something very similar.

The video & eye witnesses @ the nursing home are what LE is using as the last known independent sightings of Caylee. If there were any other pics taken that day I'm pretty certain we'd know about it by now. Just :twocents:.

Are we waiting on new documents to be released? I thought there were 2,000 pages released to the defense a couple of weeks ago? Or were those the interviews with Tracy and co? Thanks!

This was posted in today's Current News thread....
I am wondering if anybody has seen the report by WESH, and what in the heck the bolded below by me could mean????

"Reporter Bob Kealing teased this afternoon: "From the thousands of pages of evidence we've seen so far, we'll look at how far prosecutors have come toward proving that Caylee Anthony was indeed murdered at the hands of her mother and we'll look at whether there is a giant hole in the state's case against Casey."

Casey is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter.

A WESH promo dangled "the one thing about Caylee that could clear her mother of murder.""

This was posted in today's Current News thread....
I am wondering if anybody has seen the report by WESH, and what in the heck the bolded below by me could mean????

"Reporter Bob Kealing teased this afternoon: "From the thousands of pages of evidence we've seen so far, we'll look at how far prosecutors have come toward proving that Caylee Anthony was indeed murdered at the hands of her mother and we'll look at whether there is a giant hole in the state's case against Casey."

Casey is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter.

A WESH promo dangled "the one thing about Caylee that could clear her mother of murder.""

basically that since they dont have the how she got killed that it would be hard to get a death penalty conviction

Hello. I am new to posting here. I am asking if there are any transcriptions of the interviews released last week of Leonard, Rob and Tracy? Due to hearing problems I am having difficulty listening to and understanding them. If there are transcripts would someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you Riley

Riley..........

:Welcome-12-june:

You will have more than enough reading here--

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72088"]Interview Reference Guide To Finding All Interviews, Motions, Grand Jury and Trials. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you very much. I am aware of those transcripts. In fact I am sure I have read each of them...LOL. However, unless I am also now going blind as well as my hearing, I do not see any transcripts of the audios of Leonard, Rob and Tracy from the last document release? Thanks again Riley

Thank you very much. I am aware of those transcripts. In fact I am sure I have read each of them...LOL. However, unless I am also now going blind as well as my hearing, I do not see any transcripts of the audios of Leonard, Rob and Tracy from the last document release? Thanks again Riley

We don't have transcripts of those interviews yet, they were only released in audio format so far.

HTH's and WELCOME to Websleuths!

I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were looking for. Oops. Yeah, as Insomnia Momma told you, we're still waiting. I like to read them too, b/c as I've found, sometimes I miss things in the audios.

Is there a thread discussing jb and when and how he got on the scene of this case?

I'm sure it's in plenty of threads, but I still have problems using the search function.
There are several stories, but I don't think it can be verified considering the source (casey)

Her story was that during booking, others inmates were asking if she had a lawyer. She asked who a good one was (ha), someone threw Baez's name out there, and she asked them to pass her name a long.

I'd take it with a huge grain of salt because casey wasn't even around any other inmates. She was isolated from them due to protective custody.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood what you were looking for. Oops. Yeah, as Insomnia Momma told you, we're still waiting. I like to read them too, b/c as I've found, sometimes I miss things in the audios.

Oh my goodness, no need to apologize. I was grateful someone read my post. I miss so much due to my hearing so I always try to have the transcript when I listen. I really have a time when there are so many 'and like', 'you know' etc...what hearing I have goes crazy! LOL So again, thanks Riley

*bold by me*

I really like the way you framed up the question, themadawg. :clap:

The short answer is that the body was in its ~2.6th day of decomposition when it was either:
a) removed from the trunk for the last time after being there and not being in a leak-proof bag for any period, etc., or
b) removed from the trunk for the last time after being in a leak-proof bag that breached (i.e. tore or disolved due to chloroform) at some time before, or even during, the removal process resulting in decomp products coming into contact w/ the trunk mat, or
3) placed in a bag that served as an effective barrier to prevent the decomp products from coming into contact w/ the trunk mat and returned to the trunk for some period after ~2.6 days until the ultimate disposal​

The slightly longer answer...

Note that the 2.6 days number is an approximation based on some assumptions (so some + or - is allowable). A key assumption in arriving at a # of days is what temperature the body was exposed to during decomposition. There is a thread in the Case Analysis forum where we go into detail using a spreadsheet crafted by JWG with the actual local weather conditions for 6/15/08=> and some available information from scientific studies to both approximate the actual temperature in the trunk (a difference that changes throughout the day mind you), as well as allow different scenarios for when the body was first placed into the trunk (e.g. cooler temps during night time make a difference) and time when the body may have been taken out of the trunk temporarily (e.g. possibly for an hour or so during the shovel-exercise 6/18). IIRC, the 2.6 days released in the docs is based on the average ambient Orlando temperature during the week of 6/16, w/ no adjustment for a higher temp delta of the trunk).

Hope that helps.

Thank you BJB for the above post. Yes, it helped me to understand the 2.6 days more too but even though you tried to "dumb it down" for those of us a little slower I still can't figure out if that means that Caylee could've been in the trunk on the 24th when GA tried to get his "tire stops" out of it or not? Is that possible using the BF's results of 2.6 days of decomp? Thanks. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie