PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Vigil-Held-for-Mothers-Safe-Return-57666442.html

Friends and family of Toni-Lee Sharpless stood in vigil Monday night, praying for her safe return. The single mother disappeared more than two weeks ago after a night out with a friend. "There's been no phone activity, no bank activity, nothin'...her and her car are completely gone," said her mother Donna Knebel. Sharpless and her 12-year old daughter live with Knebel in West Brandywine Township, Pa.

The 29-year old nurse was last seen after attending a private party in Gladwyne, Pa. on August 23, according to police. Sharpless' family last heard from her around 3 a.m. when she sent several texts to her daughter. Sources said Sharpless sped off two hours later around 5 a.m. after kicking her friend out of the car following a fight over whether she was sober enough to drive.

Fighting back tears, Knebel called the situation "pure hell." She believes foul play is involved, but police say otherwise. The family did admit the woman has "issues."

Still, friends of the missing woman vowed to keep searching for her. "We'll continue to hand out fliers and look for her until we find her," Gigi Harvey said. They plan on taking to City Avenue Tuesday morning, hoping to gather a lead.

Sharpless was driving a black 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with license plate number DND-7772. Anyone with information is asked to call Lower Merion detectives at 610.649.1000.

Does anyone know if family or LE have walked the routes she could have taken to her home?
I agree that she could have driven off the road.
And not be found for a very long time.

I have been away from the interwebs for a few days.

Today I have learned that: The basketball player who owned the "party house" is Willie Green. Crystal Johns is known to be dating his brother.

Crystal says that Toni was on Hollow Road when she made Crystal get out. This is from Crystal's postings on a TV news forum.

Hollow Road heads directly towards the Schuylkill River. About 50 feet from the river, it makes a 90 degree left turn.

If the authorities have not checked the river, they are sloppy, imo.

Coverage about Toni was on NG tonight. Just wanted to let everyone know in case they missed it, you can usually find a video uploaded at youtube. Probably tomorrow.

Today I have learned that: The basketball player who owned the "party house" is Willie Green. Crystal Johns is known to be dating his brother.

Crystal says that Toni was on Hollow Road when she made Crystal get out. This is from Crystal's postings on a TV news forum.

Hollow Road heads directly towards the Schuylkill River. About 50 feet from the river, it makes a 90 degree left turn.

====================================
I would hope LE have checked that particular spot.
If she was drinking enough for it to bother her friend, then
she certainly could have made a mistake and not made the 90 degree left turn.

I wonder if she was driving fast.

luthersmama: Are you a local? Do you drive by that area as part of your normal daily routine?

Do we know for sure that Toni sent that text message? Anyone could have sent it. There have been numerous cases where that has happened.

Odd that they would be on Hollow Road. It really is a dead-end road, unless you are planning on using the Schuylkill Expressway back into the city. If you take the hard 90-degree left onto River Road, you eventually work against yourself, as that dead-ends at Waverly, and then Waverly takes you right back into Gladwyne.

It is a very odd road for her to be on, if she was planning on driving home. But if she was a bit intoxicated, it wouldn't take much to get a little lost. And River Road, at night, is not the road to be lost on. There are plenty of ways to end up in the River along there.

ETA - Just read the local TV forums, and I see that Crystal suggests that it was near Hollow Road, but she wasn't sure if Toni actually went down Hollow Road, or went in a different direction.

====================================
I would hope LE have checked that particular spot.
If she was drinking enough for it to bother her friend, then
she certainly could have made a mistake and not made the 90 degree left turn.

I wonder if she was driving fast.

luthersmama: Are you a local? Do you drive by that area as part of your normal daily routine?

I'm more local to Toni's home. I go to Philadelphia now and then. The "back" roads in Gladwynne are not that familiar to me. I looked at Hollow Road on BingMaps. I knew that there are a few roads that get really close to the River. When Crystal mentioned Hollow, it gave me a place to start.

Odd that they would be on Hollow Road. It really is a dead-end road, unless you are planning on using the Schuylkill Expressway back into the city. If you take the hard 90-degree left onto River Road, you eventually work against yourself, as that dead-ends at Waverly, and then Waverly takes you right back into Gladwyne.

It is a very odd road for her to be on, if she was planning on driving home. But if she was a bit intoxicated, it wouldn't take much to get a little lost. And River Road, at night, is not the road to be lost on. There are plenty of ways to end up in the River along there.

ETA - Just read the local TV forums, and I see that Crystal suggests that it was near Hollow Road, but she wasn't sure if Toni actually went down Hollow Road, or went in a different direction.

I stand corrected. Thank you.

If she was disoriented, it would be easy to miss the entrance to the Expressway. I wonder how often she went that way?

If the information is correct that the house is Willie Green's, it is even more worrisome to me that she may be in the river. His house is at 1317 Bobarn Drive in Penn Valley, just one block over from Hollow Road and quite close to the river.

Also, she had a DUI about 18 months ago.

Good Afternoon everyone. Texas Equusearch has just posted Tori Lee on their website. Hopefully, they will be headed out there soon. No details yet.

Her case sounds a bit like this case:
http://www.njvu.org/cgi-bin/njsp/mpdisplay.cgi?mpid=172

After leaving a bar close to midnight in Philadelphia,Danielle Imbo & Richard Petrone Jr. vanished into thin air. Their bodies,and his truck have never been found. Now anybody from the Philly area ( i am in south Jersey),knows that if you are in Philly after dark,then you are asking for trouble. That place is quickly becoming the murder capital of the world.

There was a case some years back of a couple that vanished while taking a short road trip in his Jeep. Cant remember their names,or what state,but there was no sign of their bodies or his jeep,it was like they vanished.
A few years later, during a drought or something,a lake dried up or was drained,and their bodies were discovered still in the Jeep. They had simply crashed into the lake and died. I wonder how many of these cases like this DONT include foul play?

I want to note the photo of Danielle and Toni look an awful lot alike. :eek:
1341607.jpg

If the information is correct that the house is Willie Green's, it is even more worrisome to me that she may be in the river. His house is at 1317 Bobarn Drive in Penn Valley, just one block over from Hollow Road and quite close to the river.

Also, she had a DUI about 18 months ago.
===============================================

It just sounds more and more like maybe she went into the river.

If she was getting sick or dizzy, she may have tried to pull off the road.

Or maybe turn back to the house where the party was.

I am a little unclear if Toni told Krystal to get out or if Crystal demanded to get out because of Toni's driving.
Might make a difference, if Toni was mad because of Crystal demanding to get out of the car, she might have been driving fast, leading to some kind of accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back