LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you think this perp held Mickey's body for a few days? No way, no way in hello, unless she was only injured, and he took her home and she died. Face it, what would you do. You have either an injured girl or deceased one, and you're going to take her home?

I tend to agree with your "no way in hello".. But we are rational thinking people. It may have made sense to the perp at the time.

I wish we could issue a poll...

who thinks Mickey was hit on her bike by intention (an abduction)?
who thinks Mickey was hit on her bike by accident (panicked driver took her)?
who thinks "Other?"

Would make it easier! Not sure how many of those camps have boat launches. Google Earth is my friend.
Couple of possibilities there ... boat house with hydraulic boat lift or one of those lighter weight metal boats they just pull up onto the grass/shore.

The Dexter of bicycles.

I was thinking about that scene in The Godfather where young Vito disposes of his gun by taking it apart and dropping the pieces down different chimneys in his neighborhood.

But if the perp removed them, what are the chances they were found right by the bike, if it drifted.

If the perp removed them, that shoots down my whole theory.

You're looking at drifting as an established absolute.

And quite possibly, you're correct.

who thinks "Other?"
Still going with "intent: abduction" here, mainly because it could be either and that was the first thing I thought of.

"Other" definitely has the most interesting scenarios because they haven't been explored in depth here as yet.

who thinks "Other?"

A for abduction

Why did it have to be morning? Could have been any time in the next couple days. Nothing LE says proves to me this was done 4 hours after the snatch.

I was just going to ask everyone's opinion on that. Cpl Mouton stated specifically that it was LE's opnion that the bike was dumped the morning of the disappearance. That has been ringing in my ears ever since. Of course, technically, it was morning when she disappeared. So, could he have meant that they were thinking that the bike was dumped right away?

And what brings them to that conclusion? Could it be the condition of the bike.... like maybe what the salt content, if any, could do to the metal in that period of time? Even so, why specifically say morning? Makes me think that some of the other evidence gathered (details not released) must have led them to that conclusion.

So, you think this perp held Mickey's body for a few days? No way, no way in hello, unless she was only injured, and he took her home and she died. Face it, what would you do. You have either an injured girl or deceased one, and you're going to take her home?

Perhaps, he decided to dump the evidence in two trips. Do the bike first as a test run. It might be tricky explaining why you have a bike in your boat, but a whole lot easier that a dead body. If it goes according to plan, dump the body on a second trip. It would take nerve, I agree, keeping a body in your car or house.

For those who have been around for
Other missing person cases... Is this normal?

Many cases I've seen never even had a devoted tip line- callers with information were instructed to call 911, Crime Stoppers, or the local authorities accordingly.

On a lighter note, if the "tips" on the Find Mickey Shunick Facebook page bear any similarity to what people were phoning in to the police, I'm not surprised the authorities were looking to cut back the hours. 99.5% of the "information" seems to be silliness about psychics, people wanting to discuss the plots of CSI re-runs, and hot tips like, "I saw a Mexican at the grocery store on Tuesday."

As a few of you have pointed out, anyone with valid tips would do best to phone 911.

You're looking at drifting as an established absolute.

And quite possibly, you're correct.

Well, I'm about to write the Advertiser reporter. If the bike were dumped from a boat, it positively would not have gone straight down. Defies the laws of physics.

I was thinking about that scene in The Godfather where young Vito disposes of his gun by taking it apart and dropping the pieces down different chimneys in his neighborhood.
Great example, and great movie - Godfather II, Vito after shooting Don Fanucci after stalking him through the street carnival.

Perhaps, he decided to dump the evidence in two trips. Do the bike first as a test run. It might be tricky explaining why you have a bike in your boat, but a whole lot easier that a dead body. If it goes according to plan, dump the body on a second trip. It would take nerve, I agree, keeping a body in your car or house.

Not a bad thought.... requires some extra boating, but with a big motor, it's not that far.

I think ya'll are getting somewhere by suggesting this person has a camp. If their purpose was to abduct her for likely sexual purposes, and NOT intending to kill her, taking her to an isolated camp would be perfect. No neighbours to see or hear anything or prying eyes, and as someone mentioned a lot of camps are not lived in, they are used only on weekends or vacations for example.
She could be restrained in someones camp, and the suspect feels comfortable enough to leave her there so he can return to "the city", work, family etc....
I don't know, I'm grasping here.

Still going with "intent: abduction" here, mainly because it could be either and that was the first thing I thought of.

"Other" definitely has the most interesting scenarios because they haven't been explored in depth here as yet.

Well, what would we include in "other"?

-Illness
-Injury
-Amnesia
-Voluntary disappearance
-Attacked by a silent animal
-Alien abduction
-The Rapture
-Zombie Apocalypse
-Returned to friend's house

I would have had everything loaded in the boat before I hit the road, securely covered. If one got pulled over by chance, less likely a cop is looking in the boat than in your truck while he's giving you the ticket. Plus, that saves the added risk of having to move everything twice. Looks funny heaving sometihng heavy into your boat at a boat launch, assuming anyone was around to see....

I stash her and the bike somewhere that night - go home to think, and deal with it the next day. Plently of places to temporarily stash something down here.

Yet LE was repeatedly stated that the bike had been dumped very early.

Which tells me they are quite confident as to the time the bike was dumped. How did they get this information to make them so confident?

A tip?
Seen on camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members