Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT-I am thinking I was a close neighbor of yours too! If C.S is the town I am thinking of, I just moved from there a little over a year ago. I was just down the street from S.S mall and the Kmart

Small world, I currently live in Carol Stream. I went to Hoffman High and my first job was at the dollar theatre in Barrington Square Mall.

I pray they find her safe. I can't imagine her leaving her children.
Rosco

Small world, I currently live in Carol Stream. I went to Hoffman High and my first job was at the dollar theatre in Barrington Square Mall.

My first job was at the burger king in Barrington Square. Quite a few years b4 the HE police department declared the entire mall a NO CRUISING zone! I was just at the Garibaldi's and notice that there is one woman who has been working there since I was 13.

Do you remember MR. Frosty's ice cream over on Hassel rd?

<<They lived in the same house and hardly spoke yet were divorcing? That means, no doubt, that he was adamant about not giving up the great house and she probably wanted it. Or else money was an issue and he couldn't afford to get an apartment. She worked in the cafeteria of a school? What does he do? >>

On Greta's show, one of the family members said he was a pipe fitter.

I'm surprised with them divorcing that she did not feel the need to get a job other than working in the school cafeteria. (I read from a local poster on another board that she's a lunch lady.) That's something stay at home moms do to keep their ears open about what's going on at the kid's school and earn a little pin money, not enough to support yourself.

The cost of living in the Chicago suburbs is high, even though Plainfield is considered affordable by comparison. I doubt they had enough money to support two households much less keep that house.

To the poster who said this was a safe area...my brother just moved out of Plainfield a few years ago...It was a safe area in the early 90's when he moved in. He was noticing increasing criminality...there was a domestic homicide one block over, and someone was setting off small explosives in his neighborhood. Plainfield is also right next to Joliet.

Stebic search goes national
May 8, 2007

Snippets from article:

Melanie Greenberg of Naperville, who is married to Stebic's cousin, has served as the family's spokeswoman. Greenberg on Friday started a Web site, www.findlisastebic.com, which received more than 12,000 hits by Monday afternoon.

No one saw Lisa, described as 5-foot-2 inches and 125 pounds, leave her house that day, police said. She often worked out at Plainfield North High School's fitness center, but she did not work out there April 30, police said.

The Sunday search did not generate any new information, though police say keeping Lisa's case public is crucial.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/375012,4_1_JO08_MISSING_S1.article

===============================

I imagine this has already been checked out but I've been wondering if Craig has keys to Lisa's car, because there is always the possibility her cell phone and purse are in the trunk. If I were leaving to work out, I wouldn't take anything but my key(s) and bottled water. In her situation, I would've locked my purse & phone in my car. But that's just me.

On Fox News' "America's Newsroom" this hour, I think I heard that they are going to interview Lisa's sisters.

Missing woman in middle of divorce
May 8, 2007 - <snipped>
Police are investigating the disappearance of 37-year-old Lisa Stebic. As part of their investigation, they asked her husband, Craig Stebic, to take a polygraph test. Lisa's relatives say he first agreed to take the test but then changed his mind.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5283782

The article also mentioned there is a $20,000 reward for information. And that more than 15,000 visitors have already clicked on to their website, http://findlisastebic.com

So he SAYS she left to go work out, but we know that she did not arrive there.

I'm wondering what time the kids left to go buy "candy". How long were they gone? Did they see their mother after school that day?

So assuming they did, and everything was fine that afternoon, and they ate dinner, etc, before the kids left and before Lisa "left"....What if they got in an argument, he hit her, realized uh oh, it was fatal or close to it, he was in big trouble regardless....He hides her (In his trunk maybe? What does he drive? Maybe he hides her in her own car?) Anyway, later that night, kids are in bed, nothing is out of the ordinary, since mom usually comes home late anyway, hubby leaves during the night and takes her somewhere. Would the neighbors notice him leaving in the middle of the night? I doubt if I would notice my neighbors if they did anything while I was sleeping. My neighbor works nights and leaves around 11:00pm to go to work, and I just realized I NEVER see her nor hear her car leave.

There is a big window here for him to do whatever with her. I hate to be so suspicious, but this is weird.

And I don't watch the news much, but has he been on at all, except for that first night? Her family (and his) have been pleading for her to come home but has he?

I asked my husband last night what would he do if I went missing, and he admits he'd be extremely distraught but couldn't imagine letting the rest of the family do the footwork in finding me--he'd have to be out there doing all he could, regardless if he was under suspicion. But of course, thankfully, we aren't going through this ordeal, so who knows what someone would do.

Just rambling here....This is not going to have a happy ending.

"HI" to all my neighbors!

Betsy

Lisa's relatives say he first agreed to take the test but then changed his mind.

OK, did this guy NOT follow the Peterson case?? Surely he's not THAT stupid....

But then, I always thought that about Scott, and the answer was incredibly YES--he WAS that stupid!

I wonder if that means that she did not go to work on monday either.

I don't know for sure, Gidget, but I would think if she hadn't showed up for work last Monday, that it would have already been mentioned in some of the media reports.

<<They lived in the same house and hardly spoke yet were divorcing? That means, no doubt, that he was adamant about not giving up the great house and she probably wanted it. Or else money was an issue and he couldn't afford to get an apartment. She worked in the cafeteria of a school? What does he do? >>

On Greta's show, one of the family members said he was a pipe fitter.

I'm surprised with them divorcing that she did not feel the need to get a job other than working in the school cafeteria. (I read from a local poster on another board that she's a lunch lady.) That's something stay at home moms do to keep their ears open about what's going on at the kid's school and earn a little pin money, not enough to support yourself.

The cost of living in the Chicago suburbs is high, even though Plainfield is considered affordable by comparison. I doubt they had enough money to support two households much less keep that house.

To the poster who said this was a safe area...my brother just moved out of Plainfield a few years ago...It was a safe area in the early 90's when he moved in. He was noticing increasing criminality...there was a domestic homicide one block over, and someone was setting off small explosives in his neighborhood. Plainfield is also right next to Joliet.

I don't know much about Plainfield in particular, but yes, living in the suburbs is very expensive. I agree, there is no way a single mom in Plainfield could support herself as a lunch lady. And anyway, being a lunch lady isn't even a full time gig right?

He agreed then refused eh... why doesn't he give it up and tell LE where Lisa is.
Why do men continually think they can get away with murdering their wives? Haven't they learned?

Hi Betsy! How did you find out that Lisa never made it to work Monday? I haven't heard or read that but you are local, whereas I'm not.

I agree it doesn't sound good, but I am trying to keep hope alive for Lisa; and especially her children.

Note about update on Fox News: Bill Hemmer just mentioned that Lisa's family would be joining them this hour.

I meant she never made it to where she works out--sorry!

No prob, Betsy. Thanks for the clarification! :)

I wish Craig would take the poly for the sake of the children, if nothing else.

America's Newsroom is discussing the case again.

--Husband's whereabouts in the last week prior to disappearance, e.g. I-Pass tracks the date and time going through any toll plaza in Illinois
--current construction jobs husband was working at
--where husband has tools/equipment stored for work purposes
--any storage facilties husband has rented out or uses
--library books either has checked out recently
--video inside store to prove that the kids were there on night of disappearance
--video inside all stores close to house night/morning of disappearance

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/374981,6_1_NA08_MISSING_S1.article

This article is titled "She feared her husband"

This is VERY interesting!!!

The husband is involved!!!

Uh OH!

"She found ways to leave the house whenever her husband was home, and on four occasions took her 10-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter on visits to the Zegars' home.
There, Lisa met a 45-year-old friend of the Zegars, with whom she went on a few dates while still living with Craig Stebic, Zegar said."

I wonder if the hubby found out about the dates? And now he's refused a poly? Doesn't sound good.

current construction jobs husband was working at

I thought of this, too. Could he have been at work that day and thought, Hmmm, this would be a great place to hide someone...Then went back that night...

I don't know--it took me a very long time to believe that Scott Peterson premeditated Laci's murder, so I tend to be a little naive.

Was it ever clarified if HE reported her missing, or if it was the neighbor? I picture the kids being upset the next morning that she wasn't home and telling a neighbor, or needing a ride to school because mom wasn't there. Those poor children...

Was HE home that morning? Did he leave early like some construction workers? Maybe he didn't know she wasn't home? I'm assuming they had separate bedrooms.

Bottom line is, this woman did not leave voluntarily. Therefore, foul play IS involved, whether the police are admitting it publicly or not. So...first thing to do is rule out the spouse. If they can't, there's a big problem.

Unfortunately, with a stranger, there's always hope. But with a spouse... :(

I have to say......

I have been married for 13 years and in January asked my husband to leave... he refused!

My point is....... if she didn't want to be married any longer then they spoke more then just 5 words in 5 months TRUST ME!

AND.......

I can totally relate about not wanting to be home when he was there..... she was trying to find a way to not have to "deal" with him....

I just can relate so much to how this woman felt.... and yes I have thought about leaving but this is MY house and they are MY kids! HE can GET OUT! (Makes me wonder if that is how she was feeling)

I have to say......

I have been married for 13 years and in January asked my husband to leave... he refused!

My point is....... if she didn't want to be married any longer then they spoke more then just 5 words in 5 months TRUST ME!

AND.......

I can totally relate about not wanting to be home when he was there..... she was trying to find a way to not have to "deal" with him....

I just can relate so much to how this woman felt.... and yes I have thought about leaving but this is MY house and they are MY kids! HE can GET OUT! (Makes me wonder if that is how she was feeling)

Seahorseladydi, I'm sorry for your situation. I hope everything resolves itself soon, for your sake and your children.

I think you're right--I think "we didn't say more than 5 words to eachother" probably translates into "we fought constantly, but I don't want anyone to know that"...

I'm sure those poor children know a thing or two....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy