WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote=pufnstuf;4902754]Wasn't singling out your post--hope you didn't think that.

I'm just bouncing things through my head today. And speaking of bouncing heads, lmao at your delicate description of car wash sex.[/quote]

No problem, Puf, I took no offense !
I enjoy your posts !!
And also how we all can bounce ideas around in here..

Now I'm lmao at your :laugh:: "bouncing heads". :blushing::blushing:

I have a couple of questions to those that may have spent time down at Crescent Bar during the summer. I have seen some video from parties around Crescent Bar, forgive me if I am asking dumb questions, but I have never been to Crescent Bar for recreation.
The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together? NO

Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private? It was private.

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows? It does flow pretty slowly, especially when no boats are out on it, like now.

Is that area popular for hunting and fishing? Yes, right now it is.

Is there a duck blind on that property? Don't know what a duck blind is.

When was the pond built on the property? I've been going out to Crescent Bar for 7 years now and I have always recalled seeing this bond with the volleyball net across it.

To someone passing by, would the pond look very deep and how deep is it? No, its not very deep. I've seen people wading in it when people lived there and bouncing the ball around.

Does anyone know if Mackenzie or her family spent the summer at CB? Don't know this.

How deep is the water along the beach? It depends but it is very shallow right now. You could probably walk pretty far out while still touching but I don't have the exact depth.

There is some interesting new info on the helpfindthemissing site re: other reports from PC address.

ETA: one too many "L's" in the one name, i think.

For all of you newbies- welcome! We really appreciate hearing different points of view. I'm wondering what the rest of us could do to update them on what has already been discussed beyond asking them to read the many pages... does anyone have a summary or another timeline we could post?

I have a couple of questions to those that may have spent time down at Crescent Bar during the summer. I have seen some video from parties around Crescent Bar, forgive me if I am asking dumb questions, but I have never been to Crescent Bar for recreation.
The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together?

Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private?

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows?

Is that area popular for hunting and fishing?

Is there a duck blind on that property?

When was the pond built on the property?

To someone passing by, would the pond look very deep and how deep is it?

Does anyone know if Mackenzie or her family spent the summer at CB?

How deep is the water along the beach?

The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together?
**** No, absolutely not. People are seldom, if ever, on that beach. During the summer time, when the river is higher, there is NO beach there.

Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private?
**** Not a party house. It was very private.

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows?
**** It flows 0 – ½ mile per hour.

Is that area popular for hunting and fishing?
**** Yes to both. There is a great deal of waterfowl at CB during the fall and winter, so there are a lot of duck hunters on the river and on the land (especially the marshy, flat land about 80 yards down river).
**** There are always several fishing boats (non-commercial) on that stretch of the river year-around.

Is there a duck blind on that property?
**** What makes you ask that question?

When was the pond built on the property?
**** At least 5 or 6 years ago.

To someone passing by, would the pond look very deep and how deep is it?
**** It’s deep enough to go swimming in. It has a volleyball net stretched across it, and people used to play water volleyball in it. I’ve never been in it or viewed it close up.

Does anyone know if Mackenzie or her family spent the summer at CB?
**** I don’t know.

How deep is the water along the beach?
**** Very shallow. You can walk out into the river quite a ways.

Do you have the link for this info? I'd like to check it out but cannot find

IIRC, I don't think it is allowed to link it. However, I believe there is enough info in my post to find it.

ETA: under Missing/Missing Person's Located - Foul Play Suspected. Hope that helps.

:confused:i'm new here and i'm wondering if anyone can see my posts? i've posted several times and got once response back...not to sound whiny...i just read this board everyday and see how well everyone collaborates together and how responsive people are to each post...just wondering if mine are not showing up? i think i have a valid theory about the surveillance video...but maybe not...this happened a few years back as well and was why i had to just stop coming here. i felt like my opinions weren't being heard...:confused:

We can see your posts and I think it is safe to say there are a great number of us simply absorbing as much information as we can get - (especially some of the so-far unregistered guests - crossing fingers).

Personally, I don't have opinions to add to much of what gets spilled out here, but that is the great thing about the human mind. We can wake up and say, "hey wait, I just thought of something!" If you have contributed here in ANY way you are part of the reason why they had that epiphany. Any good idea you read here is likely, in some way, a response to your addition to the discussion.

**** No, absolutely not. People are seldom, if ever, on that beach. During the summer time, when the river is higher, there is NO beach there.

In addition, even though I have never been to CB, the image of that location on Google Earth (not Google maps) shows the waterline all the way up to the bushes, hardly, if any, beach at all.

ETA - Picture is from June 2006, so it may not be accurate in terms of water levels in February 2010. It does give an overview of the property (if it is the correct property, that is). I think one can even see the "pond."

Attachments

• 3-9-2010 1-11-40 PM.jpg
    3-9-2010 1-11-40 PM.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 50
I was looking at something Liz posted on the last thread about if the family of MC have taken lie detector tests. That way, they could be cleared.

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, why hasn't LE cleared anyone yet? Don't they usually make statements like "Person X is not a suspect and has been completely cleared." ?

Couple of things:

1. I didn't find any record for BC (guy from Tacoma). Not even a traffic ticket.
2. I wonder why they are placing so much emphasis on JF's wife on the other site? Something we are missing?
3. After reading Del Rio's comments last night about the creepiness of the CB property, I did some research to see if the figure 8 on the property meant anything. Apparently, it is a satanic symbol for "infinity". Seems Del Rio stated that figure 8 has been there for some time so I don't know if it is relevant.

In addition, even though I have never been to CB, the image of that location on Google Earth (not Google maps) shows the waterline all the way up to the bushes, no beach at all.

That stretch of the river is actually a resevoir, and, as such, its level varies day to day. Since at least January of this year, the river level has been extremely low. On February 13, there was a "beach."

So, don't rely on that Google Earth image too much.

There is some interesting new info on the helpfindthemissing site re: other reports from PC address.

ETA: one too many "L's" in the one name, i think.

Looked at new information. Find it interesting that WC bf x sjn has a small section that links to different sites. Also did a google search and found a few interesting tidbits in relation to YouTube 560KPQ's video of MC walking to her car, and then also something on Free BlackBerry Stuff website. Just interesting

Couple of things:

1. I didn't find any record for BC (guy from Tacoma). Not even a traffic ticket.
2. I wonder why they are placing so much emphasis on JF's wife on the other site? Something we are missing?
3. After reading Del Rio's comments last night about the creepiness of the CB property, I did some research to see if the figure 8 on the property meant anything. Apparently, it is a satanic symbol for "infinity". Seems Del Rio stated that figure 8 has been there for some time so I don't know if it is relevant.

Yes, was thinking the same thing. The emphasis on SF must be along the lines of the jealousy theory? Haven't heard a peep about her, though.

Couple of things:

Yeah, del rio said he saw it in the fall. I really wouldn't put too much weight on that figure 8 because people on bikes ride through there all the time and someone was probably just messing around and it isn't related at all. From what I've seen, they did not want her body to be found so I don't think they would have done anything to point people in that direction.

Honestly, that neighbor that talked about these "brodies" probably just wanted his 15 minutes or he wanted to pretend like he was observant and looking out for fellow neighbors because it looks like there is no merit to it.

Couple of things:

The pond kind of makes a figure 8, too. There's also quite a few fire pits on the property. Too many to make sense.

.......I meant......

And when she signed out of school, she signed out as just going for the coffee. She didn't time out as if she was through for the entire day.

Snipped.

How did you find out that she only "signed out as just going for the coffee"? Although it seems I have heard that before, but not sure where?

When was she suppose to be back to class then? An hour? Less? Does that mean anything after that time she was under-duress? If she was only signed out for coffee, was she already under-duress at the time of her last text messages even though still at the boat launch? Or could she have changed her mind and just decided not to return to class? What's the curriculum like there?

MACKENZIE COWELL TIMELINE
Confirmed Info Only - No Rumors​

09 February 2010 (Tuesday):

3:01 PM - Mackenzie leaves the Academy of Hair Design where she works, gets in her car, and drives away.

3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that she is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, she sent a message to her boyfriend ("hey") and received a message from her boyfriend ("hey").

5:42 PM - A cell tower bounces a signal off of MacKenzie's phone. This is the final activity on McKenzie's phone. Location has not been released by investigators.

8:02 PM - Residents report to Rivercom finding a 1997 red Pontiac Grand Prix in Squilchuck area, 2395 Pitcher Canyon Road, parked near a cattle gate, and they tell deputies the car had been there for the previous hour. LE uses the registration info on the car to identify Reid Cowell as the owner, who confirms that his daughter has been out past curfew. One set of foot prints led away from the locked car toward road asphalt. "Somebody got the car there and parked it without anybody knowing about it.” Mackenzie's purse was inside the car, but her cell phone, debit card with $20 on it, and gas card were missing. Initially, Washington State Crime Lab processed the car, but found no indication of anything unusual, and computers at both parents' residences were checked with nothing unusual found. Later, local press says that some evidence has been discovered in the car and sent to the State Crime Lab.

11 February 2010 (Thursday):

FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment agents arrive Thursday afternoon to aid in the search for Mackenzie.

12 February 2010 (Friday):

Investigators fax warrants to Facebook, Myspace, and Verizon. A team of 10 detectives search the Pitcher Canyon area and interview and re-interviewing all of Mackenzie's friends and family. Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI.

13 February 2010 (Saturday):

Mackenzie's body is found near the Columbia River at 156 Crescent Bar Road just inside Douglas County by someone walking along the beach. She was fully clothed and her feet were in the water. The Chelan County Sheriff's spokesman said "It appears she was put there by someone....We've got to find this monster. Anybody who is willing to take a child and commit a crime with that child is a monster." Investigators find evidence of homicide at the scene and inside the vacant home. FBI profilers arrive late Saturday to assist with the investigation.

15 February 2010 (Monday):

A task force made up of local law enforcement and FBI is formed to investigate circumstances surrounding Mackenzie's death. Mackenzie's mother tells NWCN (see video) that she's been instructed by investigators not to discuss the investigation with media.

16 February 2010 (Tuesday):

An autopsy performed by Dr. Gina Fino and witnessed by Dr Steve Clem, Douglas County prosecutor and coroner, and a State Patrol Crime Laboratory’s forensics team confirms that the body is that of Mackenzie Cowell. The autopsy also revealed that her death was a homicide, but the cause of death has not yet been released. Autopsy results will not be released until the person responsible is identified and charged.

Investigators ask that anyone who might have seen someone walking out of Pitcher Canyon on South Methow Street or Squilchuck Highway between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 9, call the tip line. Captain Jones of the task force looking into 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell's death said the person who left Cowell's car in the canyon where it was later found likely walked on one of those two roads afterward.

18 February 2010 (Thursday):

As law enforcement officials advise women to walk in pairs and be more aware of their surroundings, local gun stores report a spike in sales of tasers, mace, and handguns.

22 February 2010 (Monday):

1:36 AM - Someone at Mackenzie's mother's residence calls 911 to report "harassment/threat."

Police scale back task force and await DNA and fingerprint results from state crime lab. Evidence was collected from the Crescent Bar location and from Mackenzie's car. Wenatchee Police Sgt. Cherie Smith said, "But we still don’t know where she was killed,” Smith said. “So we may have another crime scene at some point.”

25 February 2010 (Thursday):

Memorial service is held for Mackenzie Cowell at Wenatchee Town Toyota Center. 1800 people attend. Mackenzie is remembered as "a bright, energetic girl who endured heartless teasing through much of her adolescence because of an underbite. She persevered, however, eventually becoming prom queen." Mackenzie's mother, maternal grandfather, father, father's fiance, two brothers, and boyfriend attend the memorial. Noticeably absent is Mackenzie's mother's boyfriend. Mackenzie's brother Trevor made the family's first statement to the media: "It's incredible. It meant the world to me because we all loved her. And that's what this all shows is how much everybody loves her."

01 March 2010 (Monday):

The Cowell Task Force believes that Mackenzie's phone is a key piece of evidence and asks the public to call the tip line if it is found. The phone is a maroon LG EnV2.

03 March 2010 (Wednesday):

A local task force continues to work full-time on the Mackenzie Cowell murder case. Chelan County has four deputies and two administrative assistants assigned to the task force. Douglas County has four detectives, Wenatchee Police has three officers and East Wenatchee police has one officer assigned to the case. The FBI, U.S. Marshal’s Office and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement are assisting the Cowell Task Force.

05 March 2010 (Friday):

Local businesspeople unite and announce the creation of a new reward fund to help find Mackenzie's killer. The group, Wenatchee Valley Citizens Against Crime, has pledged $38000 to be added to the existing $7000 reward fund in the event that someone provides a tip that leads to a conviction of Mackenzie's murderer. “This case broke the camel’s back. For this one, we said, ‘Enough is enough. We want this valley to be a safe place.'"

CLICK HERE to see a map of points of interest in the Mackenzie Cowell investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304